UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,288 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fast-pace work environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJMay 4, 2016
A great place to work if you're looking to gain a lot of experience. However, compensation is not that competitive. The workload fluctuates; you can go from having no work to being completely flooded & not sure if you'll ever come up for air.
Lack of proper training for employees
Senior Physician Advocate (Former Employee) –  Boise IDMay 3, 2016
New market yet no training for position. Job was challenging but love the community I work in. jfkjdflajdgljad'fjgl'aJgljadl'gA
fkgl'fgljad'jgadjgl'jadlfgjadljfgjad
Pros
Work was satifing
Cons
No company backup for problem resolution
Current Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2016
I love the position I have at United Healthcare. Unfortunately my demand for additional income is at an all time high. Therefore I'm placing myself skills on the market for better opportunity.
Great company to work for
Bilingual Senior Clinical Adm Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
I love working at United. For me is one of the best employers in this nation and one of the best company that I have worked for. Great team, great managers, excellent organization.
Productive and Fun Work Place
SPAP Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 2, 2016
The company offers a lot of fringe benefits and promotes team work. There is also a lot of room for advancement if you are good at your job.
Pros
Fringe benefits
Cons
Compensation and Health Insurance
In need of hard workers
Senior Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 2, 2016
Management expects the best of their team and are willing to push to get it. The culture is hard work pays off. They pay for performance and if you are a hard worker, this will be a great fit!
Pros
pay for performance
Good stable career, good work life balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2016
Good company to work for overall. The size makes change slow. Bureaucratic. Stiff organizational structure. Too many VPs and directors.
Great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 2, 2016
Very consistent place for work. Difficult product information to understand at first, but soon after gaining understanding, very easy to navigate.
Pros
Great possibility for growth.
Cons
Far location.
Productive fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 2, 2016
Great place to work. Family feel. The challenges through the day were exciting to overcome. I like to move around at work and this job allowed that all the while being productive. Customer service was a must and that's an area that I excel in. It didn't matter if it were over the phone or in person.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
seasonal
Productive place to work / flexible schedule
Wellness Recovery Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 1, 2016
Great management, great workplace environment, great co-workers. Provides you with the flexibility to work from home and great benefits like 401K, PTO, and insurance.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 1, 2016
Thank You UnitedHealth Group for firing me due to my medical absences and misdirecting me for help because if you didn't, I wouldn't of found a place with Whelan Security and lets not forget my new opportunity at Apple Inc. So thank you #UHG for forcing me to get out and find my TRUE calling; if I was still working for you, I don't think my life would of reached the happiness it's at right now.
----------------
Thank you for lowballing my hourly pay... meanwhile temp agencies were paying their workers 12.00 and more an hour, I was making 11.06. Wonderful.
Fun environment but they did push employees hard
Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARApril 30, 2016
There is room for advancement in the company but they make it clear that attendance is very important. Those that never miss a day will move up very quickly. The mangers are very helpful and will do what it takes to make sure that you succeed in the work place but its really up to the employee how far they will go in the company. The hardest part of the job was learning how to navigate the system, then remembering all the pass words, but once you get that information down; the work place get a little easier.
Pros
Towards the end of the year you can work all the overtime you want
Cons
There are shift bids
Compassion
CUSTOMER CARE ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 30, 2016
Co-workers are very helpful and demonstrates compassion on all levels on a typical work day.

Management team is approachable and easy to adapt to.

Learning is ongoing. Training classes are in place monthly so that you will know you job and perform it well.

I wouldn't say that there is anything hard about this job. I will say that it isn't on a bus route and you have to have reliable transportation.

The most enjoyable part about this job is you will meet a lot of intelligent people.
Pros
A company that stands of their core values
Cons
short lunches
A good company to work for
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 29, 2016
United Health Group is a good company to work for. They offer many telecommute positions making it easy to balance work/life priorities. The technology is good. They are well organized and promote a great united culture. Their values: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance are promoted by the senior team members and reflected by the employees.
Pros
flexible schedules, good core values
United HealthCare in ABQ
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2016
my job is answering phones all day to help Hospitals and Doctors offices on information on Health insurance, I learned a lot about how health insurance and how it works. We were in a new market and our information was changing often and it was very frustrating to have information change while being in a position of teaching the Doctors and Hospital staff out to process health insurance claims, The hardest part of the job is having no time to take a breath between calls at times.
I have some nice co-workers . The best part of the job is the feeling I get when I am able to help someone and they are grateful.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Management does not have a grasp on how to provide new information in streamline fashions, so there are not 15 locations to find answers
Clinical Admin Coordinator
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 28, 2016
Responsible for determining medical necessity of procedures based on contractual language and groups desire for services
most enjoyable part
Appeals & Grievances Supervisor/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2016
I really enjoying turning a sad moment to a joyous moment for all of our customers, just being able to interact and engage with people I don't and connecting them on every level getting to personally know the customer is such a thrill for me. I just enjoy people and working under diverse pressure is what I love and I'm able to do that with United Healthcare
Pros
diversity of customers
Cons
salary
Typical call center.
Benefits, Eligibility and Claims Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 26, 2016
Company promotes multiple transfers of incomming calls and long hold times for members resulting in poor customer satisfaction.
Pros
None I have seen.
Cons
Typical call center.
over all i am a very productive worker
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 26, 2016
Any typical day I had only is when the systems are currently down and you have to work manually by writing all information and then re-entering once the systems is back up.

Having good listening skills.

worked well wit co-workers

the hardest part of a job is not doing your job effectively and not being productive.

the most enjoyable part of a job is working efficiently
Production oriented, consistantly evolving environment
Employer Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 26, 2016
Our volume of work varies each day by the amount of change and renewal requests the company receives from our customers. The work is then distributed into our individual work ques for the day. The complexity or simplicity of the work is only known once we open the company's information in the Unitedhealth Care system. There are constant systems updates and, constant regulation changes we must be kept aware of to maintain our customers and Unitedhealth Care in compliance.