UnitedHealth Group
1,508 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

the job!?
Medicare and Medicaid Administrator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2014
i love working for the company because they provide the access to excel!
Benefits are dismal and the company steals your PTO
FINANCE MANAGER (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 26, 2014
So, all jobs have positive and negative aspects. UnitedHealth has great sounding policies, but the application of such policies is spotty. Managers actions are arbitrary if the manager is arbitrary.

UnitedHealth stands out with respect to employee benefits. You can only roll over 40 hours of PTO into the new year, which does not allow anyone to have – more... a few weeks of PTO on reserve in case of ill health. HOWEVER, if you quit or are fired you do not receive any pay for accumulated PTO. If you give notice any scheduled PTO is cancelled. The company has the option to pay you for PTO if they lay you off. As a manager I know this is a STUPID policy. Instead of giving me two weeks notice, an employee is going to call in sick for two weeks if they have two weeks of accrued PTO and give no notice. I have never given less than two weeks notice, but I will to UHG.

Employee health insurance is very bad but the most concerning part is that your health insurance records show up in the employee health incentive workpapers. Do I really want my personal info included in employee health incentive records? Claims are frequently denied for covered items. You need to question everything. One time I was told that the claim was coded incorrectly which is why it was not paid, when in fact the correct info was on my health incentive page.

All in all, the benefits are not good. Your success will depend on your specific manager and whether or not your manager reports to a good manager. – less
Clinical Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), TelecommuteSeptember 25, 2014
Overall, United is a great place to work. I have learned alot from and have advanced from the positions I held so far. There is plenty of room for advancement. People are friendly. I really like United provides telecommuting oppprtunities.
Productive & fun workplace
Financial Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of an innovative team that supports one another.
Great place to work.
TRS Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee), raleigh ncSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy working for united health group! its a great company
great place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Lead Customer Service Representative
Assisted and oversaw employees with member and provider issues relating to health insurance.
Received/handled over 150 provider calls daily.
Consistently scored in the top five percentile on quality award measures
UHC Medicare and Retirees
CCP for Medicare and Retirees - Employer Group (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 23, 2014
I have actually really enjoyed my job here at United Healthcare! Most of the management is super friendly and they honestly seem to care about the employees and they honestly care about their members. Obviously we can't give the member's everything that their hearts desire, although I'm sure that would be wonderful, but they are fair in their determinations – more... and decisions. There are steps in place to make sure that neither side is being taken advantage of. Personally, my manager is amazing. She has worked with my health problems and my family issues. She has just been great! It seems like most of the other managers that I've met are the same way! – less
Awesome work place
Senior Broker Agent Services Representative (Former Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Management and Leaders are in tune with the staff. Very Team orientated. Some long hours but the benefits are great
great place to work
business anaylst (Current Employee), minnetonka, mnSeptember 23, 2014
• Work with agents and brokers to process their licensing, appointments and contracting credentials for Medicare Supplement Products.
• Perform analysis of submitted material for completeness and accuracy, analyzing credentials and documentation for appointment with company.
• Ensure cases adhere to all policies and procedures, in addition to federal – more... and state laws and regulations.
• Process approximately 40-50 cases per day.
• Review applications, gather data, determine eligibility and compliance. – less
detailed job with minimal oversight; company wastes potential
Medicaid Payment Appendix Manager (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: worked from home, initial chance for development, great support team
Cons: ill-qualified team leads, unrealistic expections, double-standards
job had great potential; great support team, home-based; learned how to develop contract language; saw both good and poor examples of leadership, some in management lacked people skills, double-standards run rampant; upper management tends to rely far too much on their underqualified team leads, who regularly look out only for themselves and are poorly – more... chosen (a hard worker does not a good team lead make); job atmosphere changed from relaxed to toxic in short span of time; far too much time spent on team building (usually done after management receives poor reviews from employees); good employees tend to leave for better opportunities, leaving mediocre work force behind; management rarely on the level concerning promotions as they are based on who will be good minions vs. those who are good managers; not open to change or ideas; everything must fit established mold or else you are viewed as a liability; my manager was great and management in general was very nice, but they had to follow the company's guidelines; laid off on 6/24/2014; position not filled (hiring freeze) – less
Productive Place to work
Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FL 33556September 23, 2014
I start my job at 7:00am and work hard for 8 hours a day. I review e-mails and speak with my managers first thing in the morning to go over any outstanding issue from the previous day. Throughout the day I interactive with agents, agent managers, and managers. I work closely with my co-workers on everyday activities. The most enjoyable thing about my – more... job are the people I work with and the things I learn. – less
Well organized and opportunity to manage healthcare for members
Care Coordinator - Socorro (Current Employee), ABQ, NMSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: large employee turnover in my area
I have enjoyed the opportunity to case manage member's healthcare services and interact with agencies providing a variety of healthcare benefits for the well-being and safety of my caseload.
A wonderful place to grow and learn
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful advancement opportunites
Cons: i honestly can not think of any cons with this company
I found that my years with United Healthcare were challenging yet rewarding. I often had the opportunities to advance and learn more. I would often be placed on pilot programs which gave me a chance to help lead others through the new systems. I also was very company and community related , so I was able to meet many people from many areas and cultures.
This is one of my best companies to work with
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2014
UHG gave me a Good Exposure and understanding about the Latest of Technology and work environment, which thought me how to work in a big environments and work in team as a team worker while learning on own.
Innovative, Flexible Schedules
Benefit Configuration Analyst/Specialist (Current Employee), Trumbull CT Office - TelecommuteSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, the people, the team-energy
Cons: n/a
A typical day is full of high energy at a fast paced environment. I learned to be extremely flexible & to adapt quickly to unpredictable changes. I am proud to be a part of such a Dynamic Team.

The most challenging part of the job, were the aggressive deadlines. The most rewarding part of the job was their trust & understanding of everyone's personal – more... requirements; allowing all to balance work & life. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing my role made a huge impact in peoples lives internally & externally. – less
Fast-paced, competitive, highly rewarding job.
High Risk OB RN Case Manager (Current Employee), TelecommuterSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: work from home, great pto package, somewhat flexible for family needs, excellent compensation with bonuses if metrics are met, ingenuity is valued, patient appreciation
Cons: very fast-paced, competitive environment, high expectations, somewhat negative management, poor insurance benefits
This position is different from other nursing jobs in that it is a telephonic desk job. There is no hands-on nursing in this type of case management. Working from home is a great benefit for an employee who is very self-disciplined, but to be secure in a position such as telephonic case management, there are metrics that are strict and require hard – more... work.

The first six months were a logistical nightmare, trying to learn the computer system and get my own system down while still being expected to meet the amount of phone calls and enrollments expected of those who have worked there for years. This responded with experience, but it took a strong resolve to get through that learning curve. Management can be negative, but this stems from pressure from their management, not a lack of caring.

Metrics are high but possible. A Type-A personality and a desire to compete against your best is a must for this position. The reward is different than traditional nursing. There are still patients who express gratitude for the education and case management services I've rendered, but most of the reward is in a personal best, preventing a preterm delivery, or in bonuses, which are frequently handed out to those meeting metrics and participating.

This company is very focused on employee satisfaction and employee feedback. My suggestions and ingenuity are valued, which is a huge benefit.

Overall, this is fabulous job for a disciplined, confident, competitive self-starter. It is not for the faint of heart or a needy employee. The right personality can flourish in this position! – less
Objectives
Customer First Representative (Former Employee), Onalaska, WISeptember 20, 2014
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will be a valuable application, and utilization of my experience will benefit my opportunity for advancement.
basic 9 to 5
Specialty Pharmacy CSA (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
I loved my coworkers and managers. the job was stressful only because of corperate policy makers and health benefits were kind of lame having worked for a health insurance company. but
Billing Coordinator/Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Moline , ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, opportunity to work from home 1 day a week or in case of bad weather.
I learned computer skills, how to manage time, billing, auditing skills. The co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of auditing was to ensure that I did not make any errors while auditing the enrollment coordiators. The most enjoyable part of the day was when the coordiators had no errors.
not a good work environment
Medical Coding Auditor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: remote positon
Cons: pay not worth the negative suporvisors
no chance for advancement
poor communication from managers
only negative feedback

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos