UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,915 reviews matching the search
Excellent company with many employment opportunities and ability to work from home.
Smarts Processor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 20, 2017
United Health Group provides employees with a computer and internet to be able to work from home. Work schedules are flexible. There are many employment opportunities. There are many teams. As part of a smaller team you get individual attention from your supervisor. There are many activities, around holidays and other employee appreciation events to keep the workplace fun and inclusive. The hardest part of working at UHG as telecommuter is any problems you have with your computer, you are responsible for solving. I enjoy the daily interactions with my team, to report work direction, goals and share ideas.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
lack of raises
Senior IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 20, 2017
The culture is great even for a large company. Great work / life balance. Management is very nice and understanding. Ability to move in lateral positions if desired.
Great place
Customer Service, Correspondence, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work at. Staff was always helpful and awesome to work with. Its a shame the contract was lost and everyone had to be let go. Hope all are great.
Pros
great staff
Cons
shame the contract wa lost
Uhc
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2017
• Taking in bound calls from various members and providers. Accessing many databases/Intranets to answer questions accurately and in a timely manner regarding insurance polices claims and procedures. While carrying exceptional stats such as, call times and quality scores.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Working at United Healthcare was very helpful in developing my skills as a leader. The cultural values were great and they encouraged us to live by these cultures.
Pros
Benefits were great - Paid time off
Cons
Difficult to advance.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I liked the position I was employed in. The doctors are phenomenal. The mission and views of the company make you want to work there.
Pros
Benefits, Monday thru Friday.
Cons
Not all employees come to work with the same positivity.
Productive place to work.
Provider Care Maintenance Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2017
clock in , work on the computer if there is some work to be done, clock in and out for lunch go back to work then clock out. The hardest part about the job is learning all the different codes for insurance. It's a very long training class but they teach you a lot.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hgh turn over
productivity and employee/employer interaction is kept open
Advanced Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2017
traveling from one member's home to the next takes a toll but quite rewarding at the end of the day.The job helped me to organized my time so that everything including charting and referrals can be shared with the member's PCP.
Pros
work environment and group associates are friendly and easy to work with
Cons
travel time
Workplace with room for advancement
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Professional, room for advancement. Great opportunity to bond with members, impact health staus. Good team spirit, much room for innovation.
Pros
room for advancement
benefits
Left position too long ago
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Left company over a decade ago and therefore I am not sure my review would be of any value. My suggestion would be to look at current employees or those who recently left firm.
Great Hours
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great hours, management needs to be better. Don't like to be tied down to the chair and micromanaged. The management needs more experience and knowledge on how to talk to employees. Class was put in the position and not had enough training. Coaches were not as supportive as they should have been
Pros
good hours
Cons
Tied to the phones
long time since i worked here
Associate Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2017
do not remember much about this company. it was a long time ago.
i worked here right after i graduated from my schooling to becoe a medical biller. not much else to say
what is there to say
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 18, 2017
$200B+ company, and lackluster management. Compensation is minimal, and trying to retain talent an issue. More lower pay jobs for off-shore than on-shore workers.
About the working experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano TXJanuary 18, 2017
Its fun place to work with friendly co-workers and learned lot of things, management is quite admirable.The hardest part is chasing the deadlines which are challenging..
My Job
Administrative Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
This is a very nice place to work. The management is extremely helpful and the co-workers assist each other as much as they can. The hardest part of the job was learning the system. The most enjoyable part of the job the cubicles are set up with a lot of space to work.
Cons
Insurance is steep
Drugs Authorization
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Taking Care of Drug's authorization to nationwide retail pharmacy and providers, guidelines with Medicare and learning about plan in the company
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
preference to certain employees
Stressful Isn't The Word...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Training is horrible. They make you teach yourself and then throw you to the wolves. Almost all the customers are calling in upset and it's usually because a customer service agent they spoke to before didn't do what they said they were going to.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
great
Medical Billing and Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Fowler, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Team work, Building a relationship with customers, patients and co workers. I believe in dedicating your skills to have a good successful day. Helping others its a reward and a nice feeling when they thank you for just doing your work.
Great company
Systems/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2017
It helps to have years of UHC experience in order to understand specifics. I suppose that is with any company though.
In the IT field we were data is data and it does not matter if you understand the details, just how to extract data
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Management turnover
Not enough employee support
Senior Appeals Representative/Medicare (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Very disorganized company. Training is insufficient. Management is bogged down in production numbers. They talk a good game but the follow through is not there. You have to be willing to work in frustrating conditions, with many gray areas as far as decision making.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
Too much emphasis on making production numbers and sacrificing quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.