UnitedHealth Group
1,560 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Associate Provider Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 23, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
The perfect job
Dedicated Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at liberty was alwasy interesting. The team of us that worked together were very easy going and all worked WITH eachother. That positiion helped set the pace for all future work experiences for me. My management team was always open to hear what you had to say and allowed you to make the necessary changes to make your work life better. – more... I learned the true meaning of team work. The hardest part of our job was during the winter when our case load would skyrocket from auto cliams. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team. We were the best in the region. – less
Great company to work for
Previous employee (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great education opportunities, good pay
Cons: management
I loved working for the company and what it's mission was about. HOWEVER....the office manger and triage nurse were horrible towards other employees and occasional with patients. They fed off of one another and made the work environment hard to return. Employee turnover rate is high and maybe if they would fix the problem more people will enjoy their – more... jobs. Under cover boss needs to take look before things get out of hand. (Pleasanton area) – less
Call Center Environment
Senior Claims Research Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 22, 2014
● Processed healthcare claims for payment according to federal, state and plan guidelines.
● Determined whether procedures required authorization and provided authorization to the providers to perform services.
● Resolved provider disputes in a timely manner in accordance to company and plan guidelines.
● Worked in appeals team in determine whether – more... claim benefits were processed correctly, if not then process the adjustment and contact providers to inform them of the status of the claim.
● Handled basic service inquiries including: Benefits, Eligibility, Physician look-up, and provided explanation of Explanation of Benefits EOB.
● Communicate unpleasant or negative information in a tactful manner. – less
Stressful, challenging and fast pace
Customer Service/Agent assistant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, paid time off and amount of overtime offered
Cons: penalized for phones call that went over into your scheduled break or lunch times
Typical day consists of answering continuous calls regarding Medicaid and Medicare applications, process applications as well as checking for eligibility for specific Medicaid plan through the Medicaid state system. Learning experience of what plans of insurance are to offer and the understanding of open enrollment, learning about insurance and its – more... importance as well as how to handle a fast paced and stressful position. Hardest part of the position is having to tell patients that they are past the enrollment date and would be without insurance of that they did not qualify for the plan. Enjoyed being able to assist others and knowing that the patient will benefit from your assistance. – less
Productive, fun, and exciting.
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: productive, fun, and exciting.
Productive, fun, and exciting, always learning new things and meeting new people.
Employee Oriented
HR & Benefits Human Capital Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 21, 2014
We work hard and we take care of all employees very much. Employee Oriented company.
Great people
Administrative assistant, Greeter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 21, 2014
Working hard pays off, learned a lot about real estate, using computers, being consistant.
Great Working Experience
Administrative Assistant, Business Segment Liaison (Former Employee), East Windsor, NJOctober 20, 2014
Co-workers were great to work with.
Learned to work with many different personalities in the job work force.
I enjoyed learning many different facets of the job.
Large forward-thinking health insurance company
National Communications Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Leader of the health insurance pack, the company invested well and has always been on the leading edge. Management was a bit isolated, though.
fun work place at a call center. inbound call center.
Health Care Advisor (Former Employee), Howard, WIOctober 19, 2014
Coming to work and taking calls for customer that need help with whatever the job is for, Helping the customer resolve all of there issue before releasing the call.
Management. to be helpful and knowledgeable to have worked as a call center rep and worked there way up the ladder.
co-workers- to be helpful and respectful. to feel confident with there – more... job and enjoy talking with fellow co-worker. No Drama
Hardest part of job- is when you get a call that someone passed away and the person is crying on the other end..
Enjoyable- Helping the customer and listening to what there needs are. I treat them as if I was the customer and do my very best to help – less
United Health Group is a good place to work.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 19, 2014
Good work in environment and pay. Good place to learn Medicare Part D and how to enroll participants before eligibility time for one of the biggest providers. Great management team who showed you how to sale the product to the customer.
Great Work/Life Balance
Appeals Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2014
Great team work, hard to get career advancement, workload is sometimes impractical.
Processed Medicare Claims
Part D Representative and a Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: worked as a team. if it was mandatory overtime they would buy lunch
Cons: alot of 12 hour days six days a week and after while got exausted with it
I loved this job. But I ended up breaking back 4 times so i was unable to drive or work out of my home. It broke my heart to have to go on disability. They treated you like a person not like just a number. And I enjoyed talking to the customers to verify the info on the claim or answer any questions they may have. All of us on the floor supervisor on – more... down to the entry level people all worked as a team. We worked together and not against each other as in other jobs I have had. – less
Outstanding job culture and employee benefits
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, ConnecticutOctober 15, 2014
Pros: outstanding employee benefits
Cons: long distance from my home and unable to telecommute in my current position
United Health Group is an outstanding company to work for. They care about their employees, their customers, and the communities they serve. They encourage career development, volunteerism, and charity in which they match employee giving.
My typical day at work is spent in a cubicle doing data entry and speaking with customers and nursing facility staff.
I – more... have learned about the insurance benefits regarding Medicare Part A and the processes associated with skilled care benefits including state and federal guidelines in regards to these benefits.
The hardest part of my job is my commute as I live a long distance from my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the family members of the nursing home residents who I help every day. – less
more then just carpets
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Kingston, NYOctober 15, 2014
taught the hard sell
learned the easy sell
built lasting customer relationships
hardest part of the job was the physical labor which i enjoyed
the instalation team was both professional and fun
productive fast pace
CSR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
Provided fast, friendly and accurate check out service.
Balanced register at day end.
Interacted with customers.
Demonstrated excellent mathematical skills.
Maintained a clean and orderly environment.
Completed all duties in a timely manner.
Maintained daily cash receipts.
The benifets were great
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benifets, customers, and coworkers were awsome
Cons: management
Working for United Health Care was great. The company takes care of their employees.
Better than most, but high stress
Customer Service Representative/Claims (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Cons: high stress, always threats of layoffs, horrible health insurance
This was the highest stress job I have ever had. I am grateful they the pay was enough for my family and I but as soon as I was able to find something else I quit.
Experience
Assistant IT Director (Current Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 14, 2014
An overall impressive organization. I joined as a contractor so that I could learn about the company before joining. When asked to join, I was more than open to the offer.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos