UnitedHealth Group
1,372 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Factory like work environment
Certified Phm Tech /Asst Marketing Director (Current Employee), Doral, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: too much work for too little amount of staff/not enough compensation
Coworkers and culture of company is great. Nevertheless, employees are not compensated nor considered for the volume of work done. Two employees do the job, five employees should be paid to do.
Loved it! Friendly employee,Great benefits
Student Resources Customer Service (Current Employee), Plano TX.July 21, 2014
Pros: games/ fun/ company sponsored parties
Cons: on the phone 7 hours of your 8 hr shift
Loved the job!

Managed the United Health Student insurance policies/ benefits and claim. I took calls from providers, students, parents and for university represntatives. Walked interested candidates interested in purchasing the insurace through the online process for enrollment.
great company to work for
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 21, 2014
overall wonderful experience
the work environment is very collegial and friendly.
great opportunity to learn and grow.
Fun work place
Customer Care Center Associate Representative (Former Employee), maryland heights, moJuly 19, 2014
Great Cafeteria and nice work hours. I worked here for about 2 years
Inventive and team oriented workplace
PBM Senior Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work from home opportunities
Cons: healthcare benefits
A typical day of work for me revolves around sole independent efforts to manage the team's mailbox for inquiries, consult benefit setup inquiry related questions, work as a problem solver for benefit setup issues, work team related projects for mass updates, and test upcoming changes for the department to ensure effectiveness. I have learned how to – more... rely on the materials thatare available for access in order to produce the most accurate result possible. I have learned more about time management and the ability to manage several projects at one time.

I also enjoy serving as the go to person for questions that my coworkers may have when it concerns the idea of benefit management. The hardest part of my job is when there are no clear directions for how to resolve an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job is maintaining tasks and exceeding expectations. – less
Productive, work from home, great work/life balance,
Supervisor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
very supportive company and management group, learned a lot and very much enjoyed working with the team!!
Good company
Intake Coordinator - Call Center (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work answering phones and entering prior authorization requirements. I enjoy talking with providers and researching information regarding ICD-9 codes and procedures.

Management needs improvement.
Productive, Ever-changing Work Place
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful work environment, great benefits, good management
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consists of speaking with members and health care professionals about insurance claims, eligibility, benefits, and prescriptions.I'm learning that change is constant. Policy is subject to change on a daily basis, but management is very good about keeping employees involved and up to date. My coworkers are very nice, hard-working – more... people from all walks of life and experience. the hardest part of the job is explaining why anything went unaccordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing about how great the customer service is from the members. – less
Challenging Yet Fulfilling
Claims Account Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: telecommuting
Cons: constant management changes
I process and audit high level transplant medical claims. I use contacts, job aids (some I have assisted in writing), teammates and innate skills to get through the processes daily. My team has changed drastically over the past 2 years and I loved working with them and we became a very close family unit. The hardest part of the job is trying to get – more... new management to understand exactly what we have done the past 9 years. The most enjoyable part is knowing that with my dedication, attention to detail, efficient and concentrated work, I make a difference in the lives of people and their families during probably one of the most difficult and emotionally/physically challenging times in their lives. I love working with the nurses, together we try to figure out the quickest and correct way to make the claim/provider/payer/patient satisfied with our results. – less
Employee engagement is a positive feature
Customer Research Group (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the employees are cared for a lot.
Cons: bad benefits
UHG offers employees the opportunity to learn and grow within the company and help their members live healthier lives.
Workforce Management
Sr. Workforce Business Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 14, 2014
Handle several different projects as Sr. Workforce Business Analyst and managed several contact centers. Also provided very detail report and staffing models for Operations Leaders at the contact centers I managed.
Good Place
Provider Resolution & Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: pay ok
Cons: insurcance could be better
Good Place to work, and there is always advancement. The only thing is that the turn overrate is bad due to this is a call center environment.
Fast paced environment that is ever changing
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2014
A fact paced company that is also evolving and trying to go above and beyond,
Great company with enormous potential to change US healthcare
Senior Director, Knowledge & Learning - Optum (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 12, 2014
Great experience managing corporate learning & development organization within the healthcare industry.

There is so much learning when the company you work for is a +$80 billion global healthcare insurance and services company with offices on all major continents.

I've become an expert at learning organization design, program management, learning – more... management, knowledge management, people management and financial management.

This experience gave me that ability to lead teams consisting of over 50 direct reports and contractor resources. – less
Customer Service Representation (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 11, 2014
I grew and learned alot from united haelthcare. I learned more of insurance marketing and claims, evolved as a expert in customer service
excellent place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: offeres medical benefits
Offers an excellent training classes that helps understanding the how to s in processing a claim. Always will to help in solving problems while processing.
Health Advisor
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), san antonio,txJuly 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours
A typical day answer incoming calls to members helping them with whatever is needed. STRESSFULL! STRESSFULL! STRESSFULL! company does not have good benefits for employees, no gratitude is ever given for the hard work that has to be done, management is bad no real communication about how you are doing or what you would like to accomplish at work. A lot – more... of b*** kissing and favoritism, no true fairness. The only enjoyable part was the people that I worked with on my team made the day bearable. A job you dread going into. No real hope of move up. – less
productive job work / life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: has a cap on promotion or advancement
flexible schedule
manager cares about employee development
Flexiblle
Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaJuly 9, 2014
Flexible but unstable. Seems okay to work there.
Give it a try. Culture is not always professional, but people are nice.
Mediocre
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 9, 2014
This company doesn't really focus on the advancement of individuals. It's more so a numbers game.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos