UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,193 reviews matching the search
CSO Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 29, 2017
It was an honor to work for UHC through a temp service for a year. I was responsible for registering all outpatient procedures for infertility and bariatrics procedures. I enjoyed talking to most the patient as they always had a great story to tell me. I would become so excited to learn when a patient finally conceived through the In vitro fertilization treatments. UHC had some of the best trainers.
Very relaxed
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2017
Job is very relaxed, upper management doesn't really bother you much unless you are not meeting metrics. Flexible schedule is awesome. Really my only qualm is sometimes the metrics can be a bit demanding, and that the job itself is really quite boring. It is a cube farm, sit at the desk all day type of job, so if you are a person constantly needing to move I would consider that.
Cons
Mundane work, no chance to get up and move
Sexism rules!
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 29, 2017
Not a good place to work for women. Men get preferential treatment while women are routinely passed over for opportunities. No higher opportunities for women. Avoid!
Cons
Misogynistic old boys club
Productive and Professional workplace
ElasticSearch/Spark Developer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 29, 2017
This company gets it. They treat employees and clients with respect. They live their mission and values. It's evident all over the company from communications to intranet to managers and upper management.
United Healthcare helps others to improve themselves.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 29, 2017
When I worked at United Healthcare I felt that My job was secure and my managers and supervisors did an excellent job of promoting and helping others achieve their goals.
Fast paced but has work/life balance
Financial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement and great benefits. Be prepared to work hard though. Management wants you to succeed and grow so very supportive culture.
Production is Key
Senior Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2017
United health care has many opportunities within the organization. you can telecommute and also work in an office setting
its all about your output and how well you are able to produce
I love the fact that I am able to make a positive difference in people's lives.
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 28, 2017
I don't have anything negative to say about any of my former employers. There was something great about each one for me to decide to work there. In each company I've held a position with, I've grown in some way thanks to that company.
Productive work place and very nice
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 28, 2017
My view is that the work is very easy and I love working on the phones, and helping all the customers, and the managers were very nice and helpful. A lot of room for growth
Good benefits
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 28, 2017
A great place to start you career. Wonderful benefits, great place to advance. Many offices around the world. The company is growing fast. New offices have opened up in the pass couple of years.

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work environment
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 28, 2017
Good Company to work with. Good Teamwork. Minimum work pressure. I enjoyed working for this company as an UI developer. My teammates, TL, and manager were supporting, understanding and helping.
Pros
Free lunched every month
Unlikely
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 28, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone.

This job did was not considerate of families.

This job was not considerate of medical appointments for people who are pregnant.
Call Center Agent Insurance
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 28, 2017
Deal with members claims. benefits, eligibility, and other special request. Handle high call volumes on a daily basis. Able to work with all types of personalities and keep my cool
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2017
eviewed new customer orders and requests and manually entered data into a
centralized database (Magnolia/Helios). While following HIPPA Compliance.
Negotiated contracts with outside providers to minimize costs to the company and
clients.
Monitored shipments to guarantee on-time delivery.
Coordinated rush orders and order changes.
Advance Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Good company and great open work environment, positive attitude. Employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive place to work
Pros
flexibility
Cons
traffic
Good Company,
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
I will suggest anyone work to this company if he or she doesn't have a life and don't mind working holidays....................................................
Stressful
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2017
Great company to work for but extremely stressful with the ever changing healthcare laws always causing confusion regarding the polices. CEO seems to being do a great job. Lots of layers.
Amazing career for those whom commit
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 27, 2017
I miss my time with UHC. It was and is a fantastic place to work. Management has there ducks in a row, benefits and compensation is nationally competitive. And the culture made you look forward to word every day.
Average job.
Medicare & Retirement Telesales Porfolio Agent (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 26, 2017
Good job, but hours change every four months. Slow call volume and a lot of mis-directed calls. Management is good, but could be better. This role can be very frustrating depending upon the call volume and type of calls you get.
Met some really good people in my training class but felt the training was not done well.
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Howard, WIMarch 26, 2017
In a typical day at work I would take calls from members with a variety of policies and coverages and it was often confusing as to what the true coverage was. I learned that even though an insurance policy may cover things this year that next year, even though the member may have been told there were no changes, the same things and prescriptions may not continue to be covered. The hardest part of the job was finding the correct answer to give members and the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to assist the member with correct information.
Pros
co-workers were helpful
Cons
not enough time for lunch or breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.