UnitedHealth Group
1,471 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Community and State Claims Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Within every position the company makes you work hard and learn a great deal of information to help you become a more productive person in the company culture.
excellent company
Health Educator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2014
Rewarding job helping others achieve their health goals. great work . No travel involved.
Have been looking for other employment since the day i was hired here.
Sr. Provider Data / Claims Analyst (Current Employee), MinnesotaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: low insurance premiums
Cons: low pay; no career potential; just a monkey in a cube
No career path/promotion opportunities unless you are a favorite regardless of talent or drive to succeed; Managment constantly rotated I haven't had the same supervisor for more than one year; Poor consideration for longer term employees who still make LESS than new off the street employees which is sad. Don't care about your previous education/experience – more... in relation to your potential.
On the other hand; the flexibility to work at home when you need to is great. As far as HR is concerned; they are impossible; and their employee handbook references everything at 'management discretion'; which means they can get away with whatever they want as there are no structured rules. – less
Great Doctors.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Urology office. I did check out and check in at times. managed authorizations for procedures/ tests. scheduled appointment . phones 6 lines.
Overworked & not appreciated
RN Utilization Nurse (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Worked 70-80 hours per week with frequent employee turnover. Management discouraging and not supportive.
Good place to learn healthcare benefits and claim processing
UMR-Customer Service First Rep (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good work atomosphere
Cons: quality goals are very strict
Good work tone daily as team atmosphere is encouraged. I have learned medical benefits and terms and how to process claims. The hardest part of the job is the quality aspect and accuracy. I really enjoy the people I work with and the work atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
Director of Finance, Distribution Analytics (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 8, 2014
I have worked at UnitedHealthcare for 12 years (college intern) and have really enjoyed my job progression through the company and learning more and more about the business on a daily basis. UnitedHealthcare has provides great opportunities to volunteer in the community and promotes a great job culture.
International
International Claims Manager(Contractual) (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Pros:
International culture
Decent salary

Cons:
No work/life balance
Inept management
Member Advisory Board
Advisory Board Member (Current Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches and accommodations
Cons: not enough members on board
I receive United Healthcare as a customer, so it is great that I can offer feedback and suggestions in improvements in regards to services and products offered by United Healthcare Community Plan. Of course, this is the most enjoyable part of my role or job.

A typical day as a member involves attending a meeting where lunch is provided and I am able – more... to express my concerns to other members and employees of United Healthcare. I have become really acquainted with the employees or management, and they are extremely accommodating and informative. Unfortunately, the same members do not consistently stay the same or attend the meetings. As a result, that is the hardest part of the job.

Overall, what I have learned from being a member is that United Healthcare values their customers and the people within the community. More importantly, they would like for others in the community to get involved. – less
Productive and Exciting Place to work where employees are groomed for success!
Admin Clinical Associate Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: breaks
I enjoy a company of important, dignity and respect!
A place where work can also be a family of coworkers that have one common goal, and that's the success of the company and the team!
Productive and Fast Paced Claims Resolutions.
Claims Processor, Quality Analyst for 16 Years (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: working as flexible schedule core schedule as a telecommuter processing caims to members/providers.
Cons: metrics/goals difficult to meet on a daily basis.
A typical day at work Fast Paced Review and Research of Medical Complex Claims and Adjustments in an Electronic Queue, Including Medical, Medicare, Medicaid-OPS-Out Patient Revenue and CPT Codes, ICD-9 Diagnosis Codes Sending out Electronically System Generated Informational and Overpayment Letters.

The Most Difficult part of this Job was the Goals/Metrics – more... to be met Daily were very difficult to Meet due to the volume and extent of Research on each individual Claim Issue.

The Most Enjoyable part of the job was taking Great Pride in the Completion and Resolution of each and every Claim Issue to be able to Assist both the Member's and Providers on a Daily Basis.

Working as A Telecommuter Claims Processor and Claims Adjuster, Quality Analyst, We were not able to Meet our Co-Worker's Face to Face, only speaking to Our Team Members and Supervisors, Business Managers via Conference Call or Web-Ex Meeting and Training Demonstrations. – less
Productive and Culture
Senior Broker Agent Service Rep (Current Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 4, 2014
Culture is a main focus whether it be external or internal and I enjoy being apart of this movement.
Medical Clains Examiner II (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Claim knowledgeable, multi-task, processor. multi cultural, strong customer service skills.
Nice work place room to grow
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 3, 2014
United is good place to work. Mangers work with you to develop you skills. Plenty of room to grow.
Secure busy fullfilling pleace to work
Claims processor (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: always learning new things.
Cons: not a lot of customer interaction
I worked at United Health Care for 3 year. In my time at united health care I learned a lot of different aspects of the healthcare industry. Including Claims processing, commercial contracts, prior carrier deductible, Microsoft outlook, word, excel and much more . The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was learning seven different skill sets – more... so that I could work where ever I was needed at anytime. I also liked heading up the volunteer committees brainstorming, researching, and organizing events.My coworkers were pleasant and easy to work with which made it very enjoyable place to work. – less
Good benefits. no room for growth.
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), irvine, caSeptember 2, 2014
great benefits. althought the room for growth is very tight...
Great company to work for but unstable as an employee
Senior National Project Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: telecommuter is common
Cons: unstable for an employee
good company but unstable for an employee because the bottom line is what counts for the company.
United HealthCare
Associate Provider Installation, E-Contracting SME (Current Employee), Richardson TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the ability to involve its emplouee
Cons: layoffs
I truely enjoy waorking for United Healthcare as they put alot of emphasis on the company culture. The only reason I am seeking other employment is because the inconh is laying off in our division.
great customer service oriented
Customer Care Representative/ Health Advisor (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly/ open door policy
Very good company to work for. Great supervisors
Open door policy
Java Developer (Former Employee), ??September 2, 2014
very good ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos