UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,821 reviews matching the search
Work you like a dog
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 26, 2017
No work life balance, too many meetings, pay is not great and the insurance is terrible. I cannot afford to go to the doctors because of the deductible amount
Project Management
Project Analyst, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 26, 2017
Overall experience wasd a good one. I worked on many projects which helped me to resource other projects with team memebers. I would work for them again.
You are a number at the end of the day
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 26, 2017
Worked there 10 years and was let go over minor errors. They do not accept human error or technical issues. Profit is their only motivation. They care more about profit and members than employees. Bonus programs are removed and replaced with a simple thank you. Employees that have been there almost 20 years are let go. They expect you to learn their programs with little to no training. There are no user manuals. Bottom line is they do not care about employees.
Pros
Stock sharing, 401k
Cons
No family life, focus on profit not employees
Overworked
Enrollment & Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 26, 2017
In my dept, all they did was mircromanaged, but only who they wanted. If you were in good with the supervisors and manager, then you got promoted and praised. If you just came there to work, they micromanaged and harassed you to the point of wanting to quit. People that have been there years complain but not too loud so they dont lose their job so they either stay hush hush or they move to another building or dept to be happy. They continuously train you saying the more you know, the better job security you have, but that is not true. They have great incentives within the company and great job functions to attend, but your position is ran by insane quality standards and you are constantly on edge whether you can make those numbers work for you that month and not get scolded for it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Quality and numbers driven, micromanagement
Thankful
Benefit Advocate Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 26, 2017
I am thankful for the opportunity that the company has provided me with. This position has allowed me to provide for my family and understand the culture of the call center environment.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Operations Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 26, 2017
My time with UnitedHealthcare was productive, fun with great acheivements. Meeting and assisting agents with whatever assistance they needed me from to make their jobs easier was the fun part of my job.
Pros
Free lunches and 8am-4pm working hours
Cons
Taking public transportation.
Fast-Paced Work At Home Setting
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
Exceptional pay, management is loyal to employees, great benefits, but very stressful and demanding work schedule to keep up with deadlines. I had the awesome opportunity to work at home but found myself working through lunch breaks and after hours, often times bringing my laptop to bed with me until I fell asleep.
Pros
Sense of making a difference in patient lives, managing own schedule
Cons
Care coordinators have to input and revise payments to contracted vendors throughout the month
Fast paced, production call center
CLAIMS /CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
Answering questions from members and providers on plan benefits and coverage. Very stressful, numbers oriented, high turnover. While employed it was sold 4 times to finally be owned by UHG.
Pros
Christmas party, employee appreciation functions
Cons
Short breaks, super micromanaged.
Needs improvement
Confidential Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
Has potential but compensation needs to be increased drastically
Micromanaging needs to be replaced with effective management strategies.
Telecommuting appears to be a positive initially but no compensation for utility expenses, employees are tracked even for restroom visits. Vehicles are required for work but no gas reimbursement, high mileage use on personal vehicles and no maintenance allowance.

Consideration for work-life balance of employees.

Employees end up working to work.
Very helpful and good skill learning about health care and insurance.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 25, 2017
After working there for 2 years I aquired alot of skills working with insuranceb the do's and don't. The turn around rate for employees is very high at my site and training was not long enough nor was the pay was good for the amount of work you do. I love the job and what I did but management drives a lot of employees aways when ot comes to staying and completing shifts for the advocates.
Pros
Bonus with performance and ranking.
Cons
Short lunches, lack of support, and lack of management helping out.
Okay
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 25, 2017
Okay job but numbers driven. Company had spiders in the ceiling and did nothing til ceiling collapsed even after employees were bitten. Okay but not great pay.
Challenging Environment
Manager, Clinical Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 25, 2017
Challenging environment with tons of room for advancement however very little work-life balance.
The HEDIS department needs an overhaul of systems, processes, and clearer direction
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Very limited work-life balance
Please rethink your options United Healthcare Grp is stressful & intense work environment plus micromanage. It's unhealthy work environment.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
I highly do not recommend this workplace. A typical day is micromanaged by a supervisor who focuses more in monitoring your work than theirs.
I learned that there is favoritism and certain people are selectively picked on to do more work than others.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult management team who doesn't welcome feedback and ideas but only their ways. No harmony,understanding and empathy between management & their employees. Management makes the workplace stressful & unhealthy work environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers whom I became friends who understand the intense work environment and agree with me as they feel the same.
This a high turnover workplace due to overwork, overload, stressful & intense work environment due to management as they only care about themselves rather than listen to their employees feedback, suggestions & ideas.
RUN FORREST! RUN!!!
Pros
office hours
Cons
Micromanage; stressful, intense work environment; favoritism
Management is the worse
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 24, 2017
This job is easy and was enjoyable to come to once upon a time. That was until I got an unreasonable supervisor. UHC needs to hire supervisor that are fair and competant.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Day job with multiple task. Medical environment.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJuly 24, 2017
This was a medical environment job with a lot of confidentiality. I enjoyed taking the patients information and signing them into their appointments. I also took co-pays and entered their insurance information in the computer.
Pros
Catered lunches.
Cons
Low pay
love it
Exchange Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CA 90630July 24, 2017
you get what you put in, but there are soooooo many opportunities for growth and it's for something you can support. I love my job!

a typical day in the call center is 8 hrs, heavy call phone but all simple systems and very little escalations. Tons of support and training if you need it and they will help you move around if you want!
I have learned what a real job is like here. Of course not all management is amazing but most is and most support the culture and core values of the company! the hardest part about the job is the continuous changes in the medical field and what I love most is I can work from home and my position doesn't suffer, I can be as good an employee at home as at work.
Pros
telecommute opportunities and benefits and growth
Cons
call center
Productive, having the courage to challenge everything I do in life,
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
Walk in the shoes of people I serve and those with whom I work with. I must fully understand and align with their needs and realities in order to achieve my full potential.

Take ownership of my work, feel a sense of responsibility and the needed of excellence and the opportunities of success.
Pros
4 days work week
Cons
5 o'colck traffice
Stressful Job
Associate Enrollment & Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 24, 2017
The pay is not worth the expectations and stress of the job. So much is expected and the training in my opinion was terrible. You are asked to change on a dime and learn different processes with little and sometimes no training.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Low Pay
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 23, 2017
I have enjoyed my tenure with United Healthcare. The company cares about it's employees. They work to foster a work/life balance to help employees to balance family and their job.
Beautiful Building great location
MN Provider Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 22, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at United Health.
They have a beautiful building and all of the staff were very helpful.
It was evident that they cared about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval