UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,530 reviews matching the search
Claims
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 28, 2017
Processing claims, approving and denying claim on a daily basis. Taking and making calls to providers and member answering member
and providers claim questions, resolving various claim questions
Stressful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 28, 2017
this position is fast paced and stressful. Management styles vary from person to person, no set formula for management. The culture is a very cliquish atmosphere.
Overall
Senior Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 28, 2017
Overall great company to work for, promotion opportunities, good management in the appeals department, offers PTO and decent benefits salary was also decent
Pros
Cons
heavy workload
moderately paced enviorment, everchanging
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 26, 2017
not to sure about the professional ethic of this organization, I experienced too many issues during my time there. I was not able to sanctioned from negativity and too many holes in the way policies are enforced
Pros
Cons
the location of the building is next to landfill, farms and firtlizer plant.
Very unethicals
Internal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MiamiMay 26, 2017
If you need a job and they call you take it, but if you wait you can find a better company. They have a lawsuit against with the goverment. Run away from themmmmmmmmmm
Pros
Ease job
Cons
Never pay you what they own
okay company
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 26, 2017
I felt that there was too many people that were working for them and they could not give their attention to every single person. unexpected turnover and employees felt like the company did not care for them at all.
Productive and fun place to work
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
Once you learn your job, you are expected to do it, with no extreme hassles from upper management. Most supervisors are laid back but there are some that still have a military mentality.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Sometimes the system is slow
Great advancement opportunity
Sales Materials Project Manager, (promotion) (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 25, 2017
Competitive work environment and advancement opportunity. It was a great learning environment with challenging work assignments. Great learning environment with project management over cross functional assignments.
Productive and forward thinking
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 25, 2017
Good place to work. I enjoyed working for UHG. It was a good workplace with young talented individuals.
A typical day at work was busy yet challenging...alway had new projects to work on.
A company that is good to those who work hard
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 25, 2017
There is a lot of advancement available to those who work for it. Management is willing to work with you to reach career goals. That being said, it is not easy work. You must be ready for the level of production expected of you.
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 25, 2017
Very flexible, but a lot of overtime and move around. Benefits were great and company treated employees well. I was able to learn a lot of different areas of health insurance,
Hollow Leadership
Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 25, 2017
I spent most of my time arguing with leadership, who refuse to acknowledge that there may be inefficiencies in their organization. Never taken seriously and passed over many times for others who are less experienced but more 'likeable'.
lots of experience
Lvn Hedis Remote clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, TXMay 25, 2017
i loved working for UHG , i have learned so much working with a great group of people . . UHG provides you with so much training and insite on what your suppose to be doing.
Sales Rep
Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 25, 2017
The company is good but lacks in organization and management. There's no team work what so ever and everyone works and learns own their own.
Health benefits could be better as insurance provided has very high deductibles.
Pretty good place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2017
Overall, United Healthcare is a great place to work. With all places, they have their pros and cons! When you get the right set of people to work together, it makes for an amazing office setting and it will feel more like a home away from home.
Pros
The work-life balance is excellent!
Cons
If you do not have a degree, the option to advance is limited.
Supervisory role
Agent On Boarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 24, 2017
Everyday here was different. Working with a large variety of clientele and co woker was great. I traveled quite a bit and loved every minute of it..
Enjoyed job but did not last.
FNP (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 24, 2017
I was hired as a per diem FNP in January 2017 and told in May 2017 that member participation was down and I did not have a job. Tried to check if any other jobs available but was told to look on line.
Pros
Good Pay. Able to work on my own.
Cons
Job was eliminated quickly.
Productive and very fun people to work with along with a great commitment to the ITIL process.
Business Analyst Major Incident Management (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2017
Even for UHG the process is still evolving but the Major Incident Management area is solid. I can see the can and should improve both the Problem and Change Management areas. I currently work in a shift schedule four days on and four days off, I work two of the day cycles then move to night for two. This is the only thing I struggle with, I pride my self being on time an reliable but the move the nights to days or the other move have caused me to be late once and be confused on when I worked another. I can handle all days or all nights but the crossover is tough. On call I could deal with all day everyday.
Pros
People
Cons
Shift work
ok place to work if you like sitting all day
Advocate4Me Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 24, 2017
to much rapid change -- every job has change but its over the top there.. no real support from managers... i learned a lot about medicare and medicaid
Pros
benefits, 401k discounts
Cons
health insurance sucks
Always changing
Sr. Adhoc Reporting Developer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 24, 2017
Everyone is overworked and the mix of personal and work life does not appear to be valued or maintained. People are always coming and going and in general not very happy.
Pros
Nice conditions.
Cons
chaos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.