UnitedHealth Group
1,823 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Great company
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TxMarch 2, 2015
Working for this company gives me a chance to use all of my skills and not just one or two. I am not in a career box with them. There is room to grow with the company if you are looking for advancement.
United Health care/Oxford Health Plans was a great experience, loved working for them.
Account Manager I (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 2, 2015
Organizing meetings both phone and face to face with clients/brokers.

Presentation Skills. Treating irate situations with best possible knowledge and pleasant attitude.

Great Management Team. They made you feel independent.

Co- workers were terrific. Worked as a team. We would all help each other out when needed.

Keeping clients happy when irate issues developed.

The renewal of the groups you worked so hard to keep happy in the course if the year.
Good
Health Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
A usual day at work included taking inbound telephone calls assisting members with insurance and healthcare questions and concerns.
Long hours and no room to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2015
No advancement opportunities. Rotating work schedule every 6 months. Management gets left out in dark and then it trickles down to general employees.
Great place to work.
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 1, 2015
Great place to work at, plenty of opportunities to advance, learn new skills and outstanding work-life balance. Excellent exposure to senior management and overall life of the company.
The job is good, its just the staff
Member services, account management (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 1, 2015
Management in the facility sucks. Since the first day of training managers were down my back for no reason. HR has no idea whats acceptable and not, supervisors can be cool at times , but only look out for themselves at the end. The pay and benefits are great. Best advice is to stay to yourself.
Needs Work
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good coworkers to form bonds with.
Cons: management. poor managerial decisions.
When employed in the claims department the old management made working for this company exciting. It was a great work life balance, easy to move around within similar segments of the company. They pride themselves on diligent training materials. All in all it was great. Once it changed hands of management, it has gone down hill. The customer was no longer the focus of production or work. Micro managing became the main focus to management. In the results of poorly thought out managerial decisions, customer contracts were lost and 2/3 of the employees in that department was either fired or quit. It was just tragic. Those talented employees have found employment with other companies who valued their abilities, utilize their educational experiences and offered better pay. As of now for todays date of 2/28/2015 I wouldn't recommend anyone I cared for to work in the claims department.
UnitedHealthGroup - WOW
Resolution Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: you can work from home
Cons: management doesn't know which end is up on any given day
They were once called the Family Friendly Company but for those of us who work/worked for them, we Never thought so. We know it's a call center but they put the employee's health at risk each and every time; like the time I was forced to drive to work with a cast on my foot, against my doctor's wishes, with four broken toes, on my driving foot to boot (no pun intended) because as the leave administrator put it (Sedgwick), I was not hired to drive, mine is a sedentary position; so as you can imagine, I had to fork out hundreds of dollars in cab service...I was none to happy and made a hasty retreat from this company.
Good place to work.
M&R Customer Service Provider Phone Representative (Current Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Hardest part of the job is being stuck on phone all day answering non stop calls. Love talking to the people though from all across the US.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), mcgregorFebruary 27, 2015
they lay off no benfitsThoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, assess and fulfill customer needs and educate customers where applicable regarding products and services.
Ability to utilize and navigate multiple systems simultaneously.
Be dependable and meet all attendance requirements.
Resolve customer issues via one call resolution guidelines and/or escalated process.
Meet or exceed company and client performance metrics.
Maintain a balance between company policy and client benefit in decision making.
Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact our client and its customers.
Responsible for call disposition or compiling and generating reports as required.
Ability to accept and embrace changes within the current business environment
fine
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 27, 2015
they worked with you on things somewhat but told you one thing and then changed their minds such as working from home. it was ok but there was no management in the office so people just did whatever they wanted and it was far from a professional office environment
Manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Manage team of 50+ employees
-Create documentation for process improvements
-Train staff on policies and procedures
-Troubleshoot quality issues
-Participate in internal and external audits (example: Hedis)
-Performance manage to company standards
-Interview and hire staff
-Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
-Communicate quality results to business partners
-Deliver performance reviews to staff
-Participate in salary/RRP planning
-Manage projects
-Worked in both Enrollment and Billing departments
- Operate office equipment, fax, scanner, copy, telephone, and computer
Fine for a job
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2015
This is a great place to work if you just need a paycheck, are going to school. If you're looking for a career at UHC it's important that you network. A lot of how well you do with moving forward is dependent on who you know, like many other companies.
United Health care is a good organization to begin with.
Senior SQL Server BI Architect/Lead Developer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: Good Work with lot of opportunities
Cons: Management is not that much good with employees
It is good to be in United Health care for past 7 years and I learned alot using very large database systems.

I got a chance to work from scratch with techinologies likes
DTS packages, SQL server 2000 to SSIS,SSRS,SSAS and SQL server2014.

Good experience on working on T-SQL
Nice work enviornment to learn and grow.
GOOD PLACE TO GET MORE JOB KNOWLEDGE
ANALYST (Current Employee), INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good knowledge base
Cons: no advancement within company.
GOOD PLACE TO KEEP BUSY. LEARNED A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS OF THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY IN THE 23 YEARS I HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED THERE. IT HAS ITS HIGHS AND LOWS. STRESS IS GOOD AND BAD.
Excelent Place to work
Professional Claims Examiner (Medicare/Medicaid) (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2015
The place is nice, with beautiful people and the company have a lot to offer to their employees. beautiful place for potential of grouth.
A Good Place to Start
Appeals Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: being able to work on your own
Cons: metrics can be hard to keep up with
Processing is the name of the game. You have to know how to jump from screen to screen in small time frames, as well as how to adapt to new teachings. This is not the kind of position that you can question yourself in, because you need to be able to make a firm determination based on the standard operating procedures. If you keep your eyes open, listen well, and learn to sway with the ever changing tide, you will learn a lot with this company.
An exciting, fulfilling place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro NCFebruary 25, 2015
United Health Group was an exciting place to work. I enjoyed helping and making the customers happy. My teammates was very helpful and encouraging. Also there was plenty opportunities for advancement.
Great company, poor management
Just an employee (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNFebruary 25, 2015
This is a wonderful company with a great vision. The employees are exemplary and really care about people. The Senior management is political and disengaged in the overall workforce.
Network Contractor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
There can be a lot of opportunity in a company this size. A lot of training is provided to employees. Great work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos