UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,937 reviews matching the search
united
Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2017
Is an insurance company that is fast paced. They give you a large work load and a laptop. Not a bad company to work for. Very busy. Good benefits nice Boss
Great Advancement Opportunities
Advocate 4 Me Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 16, 2017
Company is great. Internal coworker relationships needs serious improvement. The training given is awesome but policies change constantly with little to no warning.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office environment
fun workplace
Service level Coordinator/Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 16, 2017
I have learnt how to manage time between personal and private life with the most workaholic people around me. the people here are most encouraged in my hard-times with the code.
Very good place to hone skills and work in a team
Registered Nurse Onsite Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 16, 2017
I do love my job but there is little advancement in my current position and not very desirable to be in lower management positions. Very high pressure and push to perform
Pros
team
Cons
pressure to perform continuously
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
Very friendly, willing to help and numerous of resources at hand. Many opportunities for advancement as well as work from home positions. Great company and excellent managers and trainers.
Great
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 16, 2017
Great liked the people and helping others I learned more about Medicare. I learned about community resources and how it could help others in need. I also learned about pharmacy guidelines.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Good company with lots of opportunity
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 15, 2017
The company itself is a good company to work for. The majority of employees have staying power lasting for more than 10= years. The only knock on them would be that they could pay a lot more aggressively than they currently do. Very conservative salary ranges.
Fast paced and competitive.
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2017
The hardest part of this job is knowing that the contract is ending. I really loved working with for this company. You have the opportunity to advanced with this company.
very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Very fast paced inbound call center, I had to deal with people whose claims were paid or received, to see if a claim was approved for special dme equipment. Mail out claim form
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The company moved out of pittsburgh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2017
Overall i enjoyed working at United Healthgroup. The pay was good and i liked the hours i had there. The benefits were great and the pace was good. If i had another opportunity to work there i would.
Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 15, 2017
Loved it there. They care about employees. Training is great and the people there are as well. Feels more like a family environment. I was able to gain knowledge in the insurance sales industry to be able to advance to higher positions.
Productive and professional
Systems Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time at United Health Care. I learned a lot and the supervisor and manager were very helpful. I learned how to manage other people and learned the techniques to train others.
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough time there
Wonderful Company with excellent benefits
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
Able to know the task at hand and trusted with the responsibility to handle it without being micromanaged.
I learned time management.
My immediate Manager is absolutely amazing and very supportive of his staff.
workplace culture is positive, innovative, encouraging and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job is having to turn someone away.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone get the treatment and services they need to thrive in every day life.
Pros
Departmental flexibility
Cons
Departmental politics
Productive workplace
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 14, 2017
It was a good place to work for, everyone worked together, if you needed help everyone was willing to give a helping hand, you never had to worry about not getting the job done.
Pros
Lunches, helpfulness of co workers
Cons
It was a temporary position
SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
Good Work Environment, Its best place to explore and learn new things, Proud to work with them , Management is good encourages and adapts to all kinds of situations
Depends on shift
Adv4me Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 14, 2017
Great position but this department shift bids which makes life difficult for adults, and adults with children. A lot of room for advancement and work at home is a plus.
Excellent place to work
RN; Medical, Behavioral Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30319August 14, 2017
Excellent place to work, culture is supportive, positive and it is a perpetual learning environment. Management does their utmost to respect the need for work/home balance
Pros
Multiple
Cons
productive and a fun workplace
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 14, 2017
I worked at UnitedHealthcare full-time (More than 3 years)productive and a fun workplace. Also co workers are helpful pto is great and paid holidays are great too.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Limited work/life balance
Sr. Sourcing and Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 14, 2017
UHG offers great benefits, but overworks their employees and are very disorganized. Leadership is constantly pressed to save money, but rarely take the time to see where they can achieve more cost avoidance rather than cost savings. They need to learn to work smarter, not harder.
Among the best in the industry
Director, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
United Health is a wonderful place to work. It has outstanding technology, talented people and innovative programs. It is consistently among the best in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.