UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,350 reviews matching the search
Difficult job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 22, 2017
The actual job is not difficult. The hard part is not being able to actually help members when they need it the most. You have to often deliver bad news to already struggling members and no solutions to help make situations better.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Schedule, insignificant training, unrealistic expectations from management
Fun place to work
Business Analyst / Broker Services (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 21, 2017
Typical day involves coming in and logging into phone and getting all systems up to be ready to take calls for the day. very good team comradre. Everyone is truly there to help one another.
Pros
Lots of overtime during Open enrollment
Cons
lots of overtime during open enrollment
Good company, decent pay, beware of management
Provider Services Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
Management is the biggest downfall with this company. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Relocated farther out and now hire constantly bc they cant keep employees.
Pros
Reputable company, nice office
Cons
Pay could be better, management
Great workplace
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job because of the professional, yet laid back environment. All of the colleagues at the job were very informational, and I could always count on them when I ran in to trouble with the workload.
Friendly environment
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 20, 2017
Very Friendly environment and Professional co-workers. I enjoyed working with them.Also every body was very helpful. If anybody asking for any help, somebody step in right-way.
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 20, 2017
Received incoming calls from providers and members inquiring about their insurance claims or benefits viewed members claim information that was sent electronically, mailed or faxed.
M&R PDP Customer Service Advocate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 20, 2017
UHC has excellent core values and structure. The company is all about advancement within the company. I enjoy the fact that it is part of our job requirement to "make a connection" with each member.
Excellent Company Overall
Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Great People, excellent processes, Flexible, household name, etc. This is a company you would recommend to friends, family, and customers. Good managerial support.
Very nice people to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2017
Provides flexibility like working from Home but compensation is low. Have good Project Management tool to work with. Annual review is more stereo typed rather than innovative.
Pros
Flexibility at work
Cons
Low compensation
Good stuff
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 20, 2017
I learned a lot about insurance through this group! I still remember everything I have learned and cannot thank them enough! They take good care of their people too!
Fast pace workplace
Lead Coder (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 20, 2017
United is a fast pace workplace. Remote jobs are available.
I work with all types of health plan audits from receiving them from the health plans to finishing and sending the results.
facilitating care to patients during hospital stay
Utilization management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2017
Direct contact with patients and family, hospital staff and doctors offices. Communicating in a positive and productive manner. Assisting other team members with work assignments.
For Beginners Only
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2017
If you started with United Health Group than I am sure you are ok. But if you were integrated into UHG through Alere, then I pity you, Unfortunately, the Alere facilities are ran off of Management who ALWAYS think that you are never good enough to even have the position that they hired you for. Each opportunity they get, they will make sure that remind you of your insignificance. If you are just starting out in the Call Center Environment so you can see how grimy politics can be in a place that pays you little to none.
Pros
Additionals Training available
Cons
Management goal is to fire
Terrible Pay!
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2017
This is a very stable job with a low stress atmosphere. You can easily leave work without taking it home with you. The job may require you to learn multiple computer programs and a lot of pharmaceutical knowledge, but you'll never get paid what you deserve. Raises are infrequent and very low. After receiving the highest rating possible on every review for 8 years AND being promoted 2 positions higher... I only made 4 dollars more from the day I started.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Micromanaged company
Nice open atmosphere
Stop Lost Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 19, 2017
UHG/ Optum Appears to be an up and coming organization. They want to attract, of course the best and brightess (but
don't be a person of color with to much educatiion). Cultural diversity is a major issue and if you are not of the cultural majority then you will more than likely be shunned.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
management and benefits
It was a different experiences overall it was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2017
Pros
Knowing that I can help resolve members problems
Cons
Having to be on the phone all day
Great work place
Data Entry Clerk - Temporary - Filled (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 19, 2017
This was my first job within UnitedHealth Group. I fulfilled my contract and learn a lot there. Very happy with my oppurtunity. Getting to know the daily process made me appreciate the company.
Pros
Holidays off.
fun work place very professional
Data Entry/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
united healthcare was a very fast pace place to work for very stressful but at the same time, management made work fun for all employees. i would work for them again
Pros
free lunches
One of the best company to work with
Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJApril 19, 2017
UHG is one of the best companies to work with. Work culture is very good. A typical day starts at 8 by starting Scrum calls and various other meetings. I can hardly say that there is any hard part in the job.
Oh the joy from working at home
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 19, 2017
Everyday is different and active; changes within the organization due to changes within the state. You work from home, this may be a plus to some, I don't care for it much. I started to see myself as being trapped at home.
Pros
You work from home
Cons
You work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.