UnitedHealth Group Employee Review

View all UnitedHealth Group reviews

Flexible workplace majorly micromanaged
Resolving Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 4, 2014
Working for UHC was a rewarding experience, but did not live up to the ideals and values the company sold me on during my interview. The ideals are strong, and the team I worked with directly and immediate superviosors were all great! However "upper management" was in a time of transition and as such there was a lack of accountability, often no one would claim responsibility for things that directly impacted me which was out of the control of my immediate supervisors. That was the hardest thing to deal with. There was also the issue of "omega tracking" which essentially means every second of your time must be accounted for through a time tracking system. For every project you work on there's an allotted amount of time you should stay under (not always realistic time goals) and it's absurdly micromanaged.

The most rewarding part of my job was the relationships I built with my coworkers and the team around me. I worked with some great people. In my specific case I was able to have a lot of flexibility with my schedule (still 40 hours a week, but sometimes if I had an appointment I was able to flex time- sometimes working 8hr days sometimes 10hrs one day, 6 the next, etc.) Another pro would be the relaxed dress code- during training it was business casual, but in the office it was generally appropriate to wear jeans with a nice shirt or sweater. Most of my interaction with my team was in a virtual environment, meaning most worked in another state and we stayed connected via morning team meetings on conference call and screensharing, with office communicator chats, or phone calls.
  more... Rarely did I interact face to face with my team (both a pro and a con)

Overall, I appreciate the skills and experience I gained at UHC, but I did feel like as a company they do not live up to their advertised core values.
Pros
Flexible scheduling opportunities
Cons
Micromanaged Time Tracking systems

Other UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

This job will break you
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 17, 2018
This job is extremely high stressed. The most stress from any call center job I’ve ever had and I’ve been working at call centers for 16 years. I developed anxiety from this job and many of my co workers did as well or their anxiety was heightened. We had to work mandatory overtime, I was working 60+ hours a week with a newborn at home and only making $13 an hour. The management was too busy messing around with each other to be available to their employees.
Cons
Great Company
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2018
United Health Group is an excellent company. They care about their employees. They uphold all policies and procedures as directed by guidelines. Lots of room for growth and improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K