UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,906 reviews matching the search
Left position too long ago
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Left company over a decade ago and therefore I am not sure my review would be of any value. My suggestion would be to look at current employees or those who recently left firm.
Great Hours
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great hours, management needs to be better. Don't like to be tied down to the chair and micromanaged. The management needs more experience and knowledge on how to talk to employees. Class was put in the position and not had enough training. Coaches were not as supportive as they should have been
Pros
good hours
Cons
Tied to the phones
long time since i worked here
Associate Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2017
do not remember much about this company. it was a long time ago.
i worked here right after i graduated from my schooling to becoe a medical biller. not much else to say
what is there to say
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 18, 2017
$200B+ company, and lackluster management. Compensation is minimal, and trying to retain talent an issue. More lower pay jobs for off-shore than on-shore workers.
About the working experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano TXJanuary 18, 2017
Its fun place to work with friendly co-workers and learned lot of things, management is quite admirable.The hardest part is chasing the deadlines which are challenging..
My Job
Administrative Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
This is a very nice place to work. The management is extremely helpful and the co-workers assist each other as much as they can. The hardest part of the job was learning the system. The most enjoyable part of the job the cubicles are set up with a lot of space to work.
Cons
Insurance is steep
Drugs Authorization
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Taking Care of Drug's authorization to nationwide retail pharmacy and providers, guidelines with Medicare and learning about plan in the company
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
preference to certain employees
Stressful Isn't The Word...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Training is horrible. They make you teach yourself and then throw you to the wolves. Almost all the customers are calling in upset and it's usually because a customer service agent they spoke to before didn't do what they said they were going to.
Pros
pay
Cons
training
great
Medical Billing and Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Fowler, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Team work, Building a relationship with customers, patients and co workers. I believe in dedicating your skills to have a good successful day. Helping others its a reward and a nice feeling when they thank you for just doing your work.
Great company
Systems/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2017
It helps to have years of UHC experience in order to understand specifics. I suppose that is with any company though.
In the IT field we were data is data and it does not matter if you understand the details, just how to extract data
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Management turnover
Not enough employee support
Senior Appeals Representative/Medicare (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Very disorganized company. Training is insufficient. Management is bogged down in production numbers. They talk a good game but the follow through is not there. You have to be willing to work in frustrating conditions, with many gray areas as far as decision making.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
Too much emphasis on making production numbers and sacrificing quality
Don't bother
Broker Agent Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 15, 2017
This is a fine place to work as long as you are ok with never having the ability to form an opinion or question a process. Health benefits are terrible and the place is full of micro managers.
Primary Care Physician or Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2017
I really love this company very interesting job where you get to talk to customers all over the United States definitely great compensation would definitely work there again
Worst company ever ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 14, 2017
They force you to use headsets 50 or more hours a week, I am deaf already from it. I was in the military, this company is 20 times more abusive than your basic trainning. The worst abuse from UHC is giving you tinnitus for the rest of your life, not being able to hear well, not being able to sleep well from the tinnitus. No matter what your pay is, your hearing has no price. You will also damage your throat cause of talking nonstop for hours. Leave the "sweat shop" as we used to call this company, leave for your own good, you won't regret it at all.
Cons
Constant use of headsets, talk none stop
Great benefits and compensation; typical call center environment
Benefits Advocate (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 13, 2017
I love the work that I do in regards to helping members understand their benefits, how claims process, finding providers in their plan and just being able to help the get the care they need. I understand and have learned not to take things personal when members call in frustrated because they are upset with the situation. The hardest part of the job would definitely be telling a member their coverage is denied or not being able to help solve a problem because of being unable to reach a provider or approve an authorization request. Often times, I feel like the man in the middle because there is only so much I can do as an Advocate. The work schedule conflicts with school schedule due to mandatory OT, so finding balance is a little difficult.
Pros
great compensation and benefits, guaranteed 40 hours and no weekends
Cons
communication skills could be bettter, no balance for life schedule, constantly changing SOPs
Provider Verification Outreach (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Some people love and some hate it. I dislike the commute. My department is new and it pays we'll. If you have a great supervisor, the job is great. If not, you may want to leave sooner than later.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work requirements are different from what is told on an interview.
Too Many Issues
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 13, 2017
Multiple times the system would go down, so work day would be longer. Working in any other dept than pharmacy was better. In pharmacy you work a long sometimes 10hrs with no lunch or break. Management is rude and there are issues every day.
Pros
Money
Cons
No lunches, hostile Work environment
Metrics driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 13, 2017
I do not have anything to say about the company good or bad. It was a call center environment which is metrics and quality driven,
Benefits
Cons
Micromanger
During my time there very unprofessional environment
Sr. Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Very busy call center, well expected. The hardest of the job was taking the calls constantly in an unprofessional environment.
Good place
A/S-400 QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work and lots to learn. People are very competitive. Very helping nature people. Followed tight guidelines. New perspectives and technologies to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.