UnitedHealth Group

2.2K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Member Services and Provider Services Trainng
Trainer, Provider Services (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2015
Fielded calls from members regarding their benefits and trained UHC staff regarding Provider Services and answered questions from providers regarding members' benefits.
Fun place to work
Senior Claims Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2015
Great promotional opportunities and leadership skills. Flexibility with WAH schedule. Great incentives and recognition programs. They promote team work and innovation of new ideas.
Productive work place
Lead Traine (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great Structure in Training
Cons: Longer breaks
United Health Group is a great company. The training is well tailored to the needs of the consumers. The trainer's go through a train the trainer process to make sure they are prepared and equipped to educate and development new employees.
Job Privacy
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOAugust 27, 2015
The company does a lot for the employees the job is very demanding, but you do receive ample training. I feel the is decent but there should be more bonus incentive
Good Job Horrible Management
Claims Representative Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Pay, Company events, benefits
Cons: micromanagement, unprofessionalism
I love the job I do but the management is terrible. Very unprofessional, and very childish. Vitals are always low because of the constant micromanagement. The company is great, benefits, and pay.
N/A
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOAugust 27, 2015
I worked at UHC for one year. The training was fantastic. The wages were very competitive. The company was great to work for.
With every place there is both good and bad that must be dealt with
External Regulatory Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting
Cons: Compentation
I enjoy what I am doing at my job. I am and have been a telecommuter off and on since 2001. I feel that in this department I really am helping improve processing and making long term changes.
I feel there are few down falls as far as total compensation currently with this company. Although I work for the insurance company, I see on a regular basis that other companies are providing their employees with better coverage with less out of pocket expense and premium than what I receive. This company, also, does not help support the total improvement by providing tuition reimbursement for any general classes or anything else unless the class will apply to current position only and must be specialized. Since I have been with this company for more than 15 years, I have seen new employees with less experience receive starting salaries of more. I have also seen employee leave the company and come back in a year or less and receive substantial increase in pay. Last, with the exception of stock purchase options and 401K (which both relay on the stock market), they do not offer retirement.
Not a great place to work
Senior Proposal Development Analyst (Current Employee), RemoteAugust 25, 2015
UnitedHealth Group works you like a dog for very little reward. You have to carry the work of other people in order to get anything accomplished because colleagues are not accountable for their work. All the hardworking people leave as soon as they can.
Office like environment with Professional coworkers
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXAugust 25, 2015
Very professional environment and staff, individual desks unlike other call centers where you share, no riff raff hired.
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Loved working with Community
Cons: Managment Reorganizations
Positions changing due to Affordable care act, so at time difficult however the support materials and their programs are superior.
Great Company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Well run
Cons: Could not get permanent
Great management, great coworkers and very organized.
Wish that I could get a permanent position.
Good growth opportunities.
If you can't find anything else
PHD/PES Generalist (Broker Support) (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
And don't mind not having support from management, a culture that is both stressful and low pay. This is the place for you.
Case Manager, Management
Case Manager (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 20, 2015
I visit members in their homes, assisted living facilities, homeless shelters and skilled nursing facilities to manage their Medicaid LTC Plan. I completed a series of assessments for each member as it relates to clinical pathways. I adhered to State compliance with Plan of Cares, initiate waivers and hospital/nursing facility admission protocols. Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-the-phone interaction. Provide members with continued clinical education, medication reviews and connection with external community resources. I collaborate with multiple agencies to design an effective plan of care to meet the needs of the Member. I work directly with an interdisciplinary team and other ancillary staff to make sure every treatment plan gets carried out effectively after discharged from a skilled nursing facility or a hospital. I attain services for Members to improve their overall quality of care in the community to decrease complications of disease processes and to decrease hospital re-admissions/emergency room visits
Good place to work for career oriented individuals
Claims Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FloridaAugust 20, 2015
United Health Group is a great employer for those seeking career advancement with a good company. They do focus on the company over personal issues. Otherwise, great company with great benefits and salary.
Your career path depends on your manager
Quality Claims Analyst (Former Employee), TexasAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Job should offer flex time
Cons: Management pretends they know nothing about flex time
I worked as an associate provider installation representative for over a year. I had a really great supervisor that took over the department after my first manager quit. Later, I decided to advance and move into BPQM (Business Process Quality Management) department Quality Claims Analyst, this was the worst mistake that I could have made. Every couple of months there was a change in management and supervisors. The direction of the work flow changed quickly with minimal to no training. Managers lacked knowledge of day to day job functions and was utterly useless. There was no structure and the coaches that should assist are childish and unprofessional. Nothing is ever consistently done in this department, only management looking for someone to blame for their poor management skills.
Earning potential
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLAugust 19, 2015
They were very busy at times were you could earn alot. The drawback was splitting your earnings with so many other employees.
good place to work and grow. Every one helps their member all time
Case Manager (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Do not have anything to say
Cons: people work hard
Good service to customers and members. Good place to grow and work. People work hard. mangement tries to work with you. I enjoyed working with member's.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor, Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment team (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2015
The management, culture, benefits and teams are great! Very collaborative spirit. I did not want to leave but had to due to military spouse relocation.
Licensed Health Agent
Licensed Health Agent - Kaiser Permanente Medicare (Current Employee), Centennial, COAugust 18, 2015
The College of Insurance program is a great tool to get licensed and have an opportunity to work with an awesome client in Kaiser Permanente.
A great company with a focus on culture and a good vision of the future of health care.
Associate Director- Optum Shared Services (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting and recognition for innovation.
Cons: Productivity metrics are steep, which can be daunting to some.
The company offers some really great benefits such as full-time telecommuting, autonomy and the ability to innovate (with some restriction, as expected with a large company.) It is a numbers-driven company but does look toward the future. There is much change, which always moves the company in a positive direction.
Headquarters