UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,411 reviews matching the search
great work environment
Medical Records Technician (AdvantMed) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 30, 2016
On a typical day at work, I go to the assigned medical clinic to retrieve the requested medical records and gather the information that is needed with the help of the very friendly receptionists. I then upload all medical records into the system. I haven't had any need to get involved with management, so as of now management is great. With my position, I don't have any other coworkers that I see on a regular day to day basis. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the clinic or myself is unable to find the patients medical records. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be being able to travel to new clinics often and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
gas/mileage reimbursement
Cons
no benefits
Interesting health care field, good work experience
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 29, 2016
Variety of area's to work which includes adults, adolescents and substance abuse clients. Communication among staff and management is slowly improving. Generally co-workers act as a team. Opportunity to educate clients and families about medication and resources available. Positive working relationships with numerous Physicians and staff to benefit client care.
Pros
Many available shifts
Cons
Frequently under staffed
Not a good palace to work and grow
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 29, 2016
The organization is very hard to navigate and employees are not rewarded for hard work.. ONLY A SELECTED FEW. Many bad and Managers
n/a
Provider Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 29, 2016
Too difficult to move. Lots of opportunities but very difficult to move and move up. Miserable working conditions. Have hated all but one role I've had here.
Claims Processor
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2016
I enjoy being able to help people so this is a job that allows me to do just that. I have learned so many new skills while being employed with them. I love a challenge and this job has been a challenge.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Our benefits are not that great, healthcare needs to be improved
Great Place to grow
Senior Pharmacy Tech Clinical Appeals (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 28, 2016
An ever changing work place with room to grow. Management and employees work well together. Typical day at work is taking and making phone calls to doctor offices
Interesting Culture
Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  National Claims teamJune 28, 2016
Very interesting place to work. So many different opportunities are available once you are in and eligible.
Pros
Cons
Most positions are telecommute so if you are social it may be tough for you!
United Health Group is a great place to work
Customer Service Team Lead Tier (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 27, 2016
This is a place where you really have to put your thinking cap on to succeed. There is a lot of room for growth, in the various departments. They really push the work from home options, and you get to work with people from various walks of life.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at United health group. They are s #14 fortune 500 company, so largest health care company in the United States. Is a mental health and substance abuse advocate I had the opportunity to assist members with claims and advised members as well as providers about benefits. Enjoyed my position very much.
Relaxed independent work environment
Medicaid Claims Benefit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
The environment is relaxed and easy going. However, the pay is not that great and its extremely hard to get raises. They will do an annual review and the most raise you will get is about .30. There is a lot if room for growth. But you have to walk a straight line. There is not a lot of room for error.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
pay
ok
Medical Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2016
no opportunity for advancement, work life balance is very poor. there is definetely no job security, its a very stressful work environment
stressful, call center but has a patio outside and a Foosball table
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2016
too stressful for me, company promotes happier healthier work place but this is bad for my health and the cafeteria food is horrible
Pros
volunteer services and community contributions
Cons
health insurance plans
Be Productive
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 24, 2016
Great work/life balance. Healthcare is always changing, so having a creative mindset and bringing new ideas to your managers/peers seems to be encouraged. If you are a 'self-starter / go-getter' you will succeed. Promotions typically come later than expected, but it is usually rectified at some point down the line - if you expect to stay within the company for your career, it seems as though they'll make it right.
Pros
Employee Stock Plan, Vacation Days, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Ironically, the Health Insurance, Later than expected Promotions
A great company to work in with multiple divisions to cross transfer
Care Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 23, 2016
While I haven't worked in multiple areas of UHC or UHG, the one department I have been in is a very tough area to work. The work is demanding and emotionally/mentally taxing. The compensation isn't as competitive as other health insurance companies and their benefits do not compare to other companies either. Certain levels of management are better than others, and while I am not completely satisfied with my level of improvement available to me in my department, I do know from others that the chances are available elsewhere within the company. The ability to transfer within the company is not very easy and takes serious consideration and is time consuming. The glass ceiling is present for all in each area, but it is not impenetrable. The people you work with quickly become experts in their field and are quite knowledgeable of their skills and their requirements. The work load isn't always balanced, but it can be adjusted if you know how to work. It is definitely corporate America type of business. You are not judged on your performance in so much as who you know and how quickly you can network.
Pros
Decent health benefits, employee assistance programs, regular hours
Cons
Biased work environments, less than up-to-date technology, high turn over rate
Productive and fun place
DataStage Developer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 22, 2016
The NCPDP Provider Identification Number provides pharmacies with a unique, national identifying number to assist pharmacies in their interactions with federal agencies and third party providers. The data also contains pharmacy contact and demographic information, pharmacy relationships and payment information.
Excellent Company
Client Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJune 22, 2016
Family values and employees welfare are important. Integrity, Compassion, trust through relationships, learning from the past, and demonstration of excellence in everything done is all part of the Core Values.
Pros
Growth from within
Professional staff and a very nice place to work
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
It was one of the best places I Ever worked at. My colleagues were very professional, kind and caring and always made sure I was learning from them in the best possible ways.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks and schedules
Its about who you know, not what you know!
Service Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
I seen so many friends and family members getting hired without experience.

Staff is not friendly at all, they walk with their heads down so they don't have to speak.
Pros
Nice clean facility
Cons
Sleep with the boss
fast pace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJune 21, 2016
Face to face customer service with members who come in with questions about there medical and dental insurance. Provide excellent customer service. Respond to complex customer calls. Resolve customer service inquires which include: billing and payment issues, customer material requests, physician assignments, authorization for treatment, explanation of benefits, works independently.
Pros
great schedule, and great communication
Cons
not enough training
Very invested in nursing interaction with members; well established workable protocol to follow; very diverse member health care involvement;
Field Based Case Manager - Meet (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2016
I am at a large teaching hospital in the morning meeting eligible members to engage with for possible enrollment in a discharge program; meeting with doctors, nurses and case managers to input on plan of care for members for discharge; following up with members by phone in the afternoon; assessing for member concerns or issues post discharge to be addressed; and inputting relevant clinical information;

I have learned wonderful listening skills to meet member needs to improve their health care experience.

My co-workers are self motivated and eager to meet standards set by UHG.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes having members who want to engage in the hospital and then choose not to at home with follow up phone calls.

The best part of my job is being able to go to a major teaching hospital and see members on the units and engage with the staff at this facility