UnitedHealth Group
1,921 reviews

UnitedHealth Group United States Employee Reviews

Treats employees with dignity and respect
Business Manager - healthcare call center (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: great benefuts
Cons: Not enough breaks
I managed a team of 4 Supervisors who managed 80 team members.
Main job duties were verifying insurance, providing benefits and
reviewing claims for members and providers.
Room to move around to different departments
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and that always make the work day nice. I learned a lot with this company and was a little disappointed after I moved to a different location that just didn't have the work for me to do. management was good and the company is always offering new things to learn and grow.
Stay away
Pharmacy Operations (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Stressful environment
They don't tell you that you will be telemarketing their services. If members tell you they aren't interested, then you with call them back in 30 days to try again, which leads to angry members that feel harassed and fuss you out on a regular basis. Management has no idea what they are doing so they feel that running the business similar to a sweat shop is the way to go. You will be watch like a hawk every second of the day to be certain you are making calls every second of your eight hour shift. Don't even think about asking for a day off. High turn over.Stay away.
Health Advocate (Current Employee), Amherst, NYApril 21, 2015
The training program they administer is one of the best I have ever experienced and provide a lot of support and resources
UnitedHealth Group
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2015
Responsible for telephonic triage of members 18 years and older (both inbound and outbound calls).
Assess members’ health needs and gaps in care.
Develop plan of care in collaboration with the member/caregiver/providers.
Provide health education, promotion, coaching and advocacy.
Precept newly hired employees as needed.
Good people, nice place to work, good job security
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 20, 2015
Pros: people are great, helping people everyday
Cons: short breaks, feel unappreciated.
Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims. Help guide and educate customers about the fund benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options. Meet the performance goals of the position such as efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance.Assist customers in navigating through the website. These are day to day tasks. I have learned a lot about Medicare and Retirement insurance. Such as policies, procedures, prescriptions, what medicare covers and what medicare does not cover. Hardest part of my job is giving our members information that is not what they wanted to hear. Such as copays being higher than expected, prescriptions that may not be covered by plan, procedures and processes on appeals and authorizations. Most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people every day. I am glad to know that I am working in a job that I can improve another person's health and wellness just by giving them the information they need, submitting authorizations for members, overriding prescriptions so members can receive their medications.
Fast paced pharmacy benefits management company
Senior Clinical Appeals Reviewer (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNApril 18, 2015
Close knit team of very hard workers all aiming at a particular goal. Work on our own towards the same thing, reviewing pharmacy appeals as quickly and correctly as possible.
A good company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good work-life balance; ability to work from home
Cons: Compensation package
It's a good company to work for, no complaints. There is a good culture of accountability that isn't seen in many companies.
The ability to work from home (depending on your department) is a definite bonus.
Managed health care organization
Sr. Clinical Program Consultant (Current Employee), St. LouisApril 15, 2015
UnitedHealthcare is a Fortune 14 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none.
Nice pay, awesome scheduale
Clinical Intake coordinator (Current Employee), Sugarland TexasApril 15, 2015
Pros: Weekends off, Easy to learn
Cons: Managment
Awesome start off pay, But the management could do better and very hard to advance in the company. The annoyance of not getting questions answered at the time you need them to be or might not even get one back at all can be frustrating . But its still a great company to work for, they promote awesome everyday values for in home and at work.
Great opportinunity in a great community
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, MNApril 15, 2015
UHC is a great place to work in the city of Duluth Minnestoa. There are many opportunities to a wide array of jobs within the call centerl, so there is something for everyone!
Extremley Busy yet fun.
Senior Clinical Admin Coordinator (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers
Cons: benefits, lack of leadership, no growth.
Busy but productive environment with great team members.
Hardest part of my job is not having a strong management that can help with major issues.
Most of my co-workers are very easy to get along with and work with while others aren't as understanding easy to work with but at the end of each day we pull together to make sure the work is completed.
High call volume
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYApril 14, 2015
High paced, busy office, most of the day was spent on telephones with high call volumes. Mandatory overtime during open enrollment.
Good place to work and strive for advancement
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 9, 2015
This position is fast-paced, co-workers vary in experience and age, hardest part of the job is learning and retaining all the information provided, most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members
ejoyable job
Responsibilities/Insurance Benefit Representative (Former Employee), orlando flApril 9, 2015
enjoyed the job and the members who called in were more fun than anything. i would work here again due to having a good expierience
Productive & fast paced environment to work.
Implementation Manager (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flex time, work from home if needed.
Cons: Mandatory overtime.
I respect and like my co-workers and business manager tremendously. We work as a very strong and organized team. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing that my customers are having a positive experience & that I helped their new business implementation or renewal be a seamless transition for their employee population.
Definitely a stressful environment
Health Care Advisor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: management, favortism, lack of respect from peers/co-workers
Worked in the call center which is automatically a stressful and demanding job, but add to the fact you have poor management and it makes it worse. Newer reps taking back to back calls with only seconds between each while others sat and had personal conversations, constantly up wandering around, doing "projects" when there were calls in queue. Call Centers are meant for everyone to be all hands on deck which management preached during open enrollment; however it was not adhered to if you were a "favorite". Training was good, but there was no leeway for one to actually learn the job when released to the floor. 1 single mistake put you back 10 steps, written up or fired. Not a good company if you want to keep your morale up. Definitely a morale crusher.
Life at UHC
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 6, 2015
UHC is a good place to work, My management team is very understanding and fosters trust and builds confidence.My coworkers are supportive and work very well together.
Job Work Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee), MinnesottaApril 5, 2015
Pros: Part of Fortune 500 companyies
Cons: Work life balance
Associated with United Health Group (Optum Technologies) since April 2007 in India have been shift to US on H1B Visa.

UHG is a nice place to work. However with the current set of directions and projects alignments, work life balance is becoming a major challenge at cause of attrition across the projects.
Unorganized
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
I really don't have much to say about this company, I worked here for about 6 months and shortly after accepting a position with a different employer I found out that the contract with United Health group has ended. I am not surprised since this companies staff and management was very unorganized, and at times unprofessional.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$71,000 per year
Provider
$37,000 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main