UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,508 reviews matching the search
Productive place to work under Sierra Health
RN Case Manager (Outpatient) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
Provided education and support to Healthcare members and families about disease, diagnosis and how to manage symptoms to prevent further hospitalizations. Mainly Cancer /Oncology patients. Alos managed Daibetes, Htn, COPD,CHFand other diagnosis.
Performed patient assessments for all major domains (physical and psycho social.) Developed and implemented care plans to ensure quality healthcare outcomes.
Pros
when under Sierra Health and HPN excellent benefits.
Cons
Benefits went down hill when purchased by United Health.
Productive fun place!
Project Coordinator - Maxim Staffing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 23, 2017
Short-term assignment during the open enrollment period. Arranged health benefit fairs for government employees and bulk information distribution. Great location!
Quality of Management
Sr. Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 23, 2017
The quality in the management and upper management needs a significant amount of improvement. This review is based on the department (PRS-Optum) which is within United Health Group.
Technology organization
Director (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterMay 22, 2017
Optum is a fast-paced, chaotic environment. Your experience within this company is heavily based on the manager that you get. There is no consistency in the level of information, company goals or distribution of workload between managers.

Employees walk a fine line of not working enough hours (unofficially) and documenting too many hours. If employee documents a work week too close to 40 hours they have to prove that they have enough work to keep them busy but yet they are reprimanded if they put down 45 hours or more on the average work week.

As salaried employees, you will be expected to work as many hours as it takes to get the job done but you can only document 40 hours.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Inconsistent management.
loved this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 22, 2017
Great Training! Team Atmosphere.. wonderful people to work with. great managers.. opportunity for advancement. Training took time but well worth it.
Great company to work for
QA auditor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Loved working there work from home for 10 years Richmond work and life balance very manageable opportunity for change is always available great pay and benefits package would love to return to work there
n/a
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
I have nothing negative to say we just disagree on what happened but the people there are not bad and my supervisors where always fair when it came to time off.
Great Pay and Benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Not a great training system for my department. 2 days of training was provided. This company micromanages its employees. Great benefit package. No loyalty.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
Job eliminated, did not offer another position.
good commisions
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2017
The work experience was good the company was very productive at one time we took many insurance the company doctors was very helpful and kind and willing to educate and help keep us intelligent and well informed to give good service.
Pros
will compensate for job well done
Cons
change things for the worst!
All about business needs
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 22, 2017
They are not very good with balancing life and work this job was very hard on the employees mind and emotions. This company only cares about the company needs they do not care about the toll it takes on a person.
Warm an Comfortable place to work for
HEDIS Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
People are nice friendly very helpful. Typical day at work every one speak when they come to work. Doing special occassion we decorant our cubicle.We work as team helping each other not only reflect the people around us, but our supervisor and manager as well.We work on project an meeting our goal on certain time line an we get it done.

Pros
Mouse pad for our desk with United Healthcare logo
Cons
N/a
Ok I guess
E-Learning Specialist/ Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323May 22, 2017
It was a decent job. The site was clean and located in a great area. Management was a little inexperienced and unfeeling when it came to managing people. Met pretty good people there.
Pros
Nice clean location
Cons
Inexperienced Supervisors
Great Experience and would like to opportunity to work again for UHC
Clinical Quality HEDIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
Working for UHC was a great experience although always changing it only added to my skill set. The training was extensive however provided the confidence to perform the tasks efficiently. Workplace culture was intense and welcoming at the same time. Great managers which made the challenges easier. The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships I gained.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home.
Cons
Contract work is too short.
impossibly long hours
Advance practitice Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 22, 2017
In order to do a good job you have to work beyond your paid hours. I got tired of hearing here add this to your day , it will only take a few minutes. Nothing in healthcare "only takes a few minutes"
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
They add more and more to your job without ever taking away. So there is no balance.
No benefits until Perm Low pay Bad Management Fix own computer
Optum Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 22, 2017
One of the worst companies I ever worked for, the hiring process was terrible. No benefits until you became permanent, which I never did. The pay was low which is sad for a supposedly great company and very telling thing. Training was 6 weeks of continually being bombarded new information and not being able to study it at home. Worst part is they put us on the phones and most of us were not ready. Scary really. Once on the floor had to set up your own computer.
Pros
Paid for training
Cons
Stress
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
United Healthcare atmosphere is conducive to a productive teamwork environment. While most of the team is across the U.S., we still find a close network and help each other.
good company
Advocate, Pharmacy Benefits Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2017
hours change a lot last min OT ,calls can be up and down but when they become busy ot rolls out you may have to stay late or come early the next day and work on off day
great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 21, 2017
To work for a fortune 5 company in the world says a lot. Great place to work for. Work life balance is a major plus, and benefits are great too; especially stock options
Calm and diverse work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 20, 2017
The people are really friendly, at least at the campus that I worked at. The company itself values the workers because it offers various incentives to stay in the company.
Nice quiet place to work
SR PHARMACY TECH PRIOR AUTH (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2017
Great work experience. Positive workplace culture. Supportive management. Great team work and I really liked the level of community outreach.
Overall a pleasure to work there.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Could get a little over whelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.