UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,630 reviews matching the search
Wonderful place to work.
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2016
I loved working for this company. Even though it was a call center we all worked as a team and helped one another. It thought me a lot about the health insurance industry. I was able to work from home due to my perfect attendance and stats. This is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Enjoyed the teamwork, help our members with issues that they were having when no one else would.
Cons
Mandatory overtime during Open Enrollment, however the money was amazing.
What I bring to the organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2016
There’s nothing I’m more passionate about than meeting educational needs and engaging learners.

During my period as a Manager of Case Managers, I was afforded the opportunity to interim as a West Clinical Operations Manager, while continuing my duties as East Clinical Operations Manager. I traveled bi-weekly to provide in-market management support by implementing a multidisciplinary team to support a West Coast client; in addition to onboarding new Clinical Operations Management team members. I gained a wealth of knowledge in this position that can be applied to a multitude of organizations.

As a Trainer, my desire and aptitude for training was evident in the satisfaction surveys where I maintained scores of 4-5 on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being exceeded the expectations of learners and customers. In that role, I grew creatively, took initiative and applied resourcefulness in determining appropriate instructional methods.

I’d love to talk with you more about my passion and my background. I look forward to hearing from you!
Pros
Growth opportunities, Stock options, Work at home
Cons
Limited health benefits
It is a hard core insurance company. very formal
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2016
It was a competitive environment. It was a regular job. Lot of meetings to attend. Work life balance is not a priority. Have to be committed to work. Nice colleagues.
Great stepping stone
Business Operation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 27, 2016
Room for advancement if you are career driven and know where you are wanting to end up. Land a good salary because you wont move far from what you start with.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work, co-workers are supportive. Nice and clean with plenty of room for employees to work comfortably.
Everyone friendly and easy to get along with.
Great place horrible managment
Medical Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Has great potential but is not ran by the right people In the student resource segment. Management does not seem to grasp the importance of family.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Difficult system of scheduling off time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2016
.Provide excellent customer service  Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards Resolve customers service inquiries Communicate effectively with dental professionals and insured members Strengthens customer commitment through delivering positive outcomes Delivers consistent customer experience through attention to detail
United Healtcare is a good place to work.
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 26, 2016
United healthcare's core values are strong secures a strong foundation upon which it can build and expand throughout the entire globe. United Health Group has help me to sharpen skills that will allow me to be an asset to any company I am apart of in the future.
Excellent place to work
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 25, 2016
I have a great team that I work with and I have no complaints. My manager is supportive and they provide you with the things you need to complete your job
Micro management of employees, overly stressfull work enviroment
Customer Service Rep/Claims (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 22, 2016
I was in Customer Service,and they wanted us to process claims between phone calls. This pretty much impossible to do and keep up the stats for both customer sevice and claims. Very stressful work enviroment where monitors would IM us when we were not in compliance with finishing after call work so we could be available to be on the phones again. Benefits were good, but the stress was just too much for a lot of us.
United Health Group
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 21, 2016
I have worked at United Health Group for 20+ years. It was a learning experience and I am looking to expand my knowledge with a new career.
working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 20, 2016
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
Excellent work place with amazing high pace atmosphere.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 20, 2016
Take pone calls.
Manage accounts.
Assist clients with there needs.
Sale memberships.
Keep a good quality score.
Train new employees.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Fast pace environment with growth opportunities
Customer Service/Billing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2016
High volume incoming call center that required multitasking skills and multiple computer screens. Management was great and helpful. Co-workers were like a second family. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with frustrated angry beneficiaries that did not understand their policy. Most enjoyable part of the job helping the nation's veterans.
Waste of time and money
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  delaware, ohioSeptember 20, 2016
Low pay, micromanaging at it's peak and sorry pay ( yes I said it twice). Slave rules for the workers and don't even think about using your phone to check on your family because you only get lunch as your break. A serious waste of time.
Pros
Nice cubicle...decent benefits
Cons
No breaks, sucky pay for the work
Its ok
Help Desk Tech /CSR (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117September 20, 2016
Wouldn't recommend to anyone looking for easy advancement or great benefits. The pay is OK but the mandatory weekends and point system will make you reconsider.
Excellent Customer Service
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 19, 2016
It is a place that works hard to provide excellent customer service.

There is a wealth of information provided. They have an SOP for an SOP. It can be very overwhelming and you are definitely micromanaged.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to learn
Cons
Lots of information provided and feels like you are micromanaged.
Nice people, nice location
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Nice place to work. Training is provided. Diversity is welcomed. Lunch breaks are short, but there are many opportunities for advancement with the right work ethic.
N/a
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Working for UnitedHealth care is great. I just wish that the management where more supportive of their employees and the benefits where better seems to be that people that don't work for the company have better benefits than the people that do work for the company.
to many management problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 18, 2016
Is a great company for entry level Customer service Reps does train
Is good pay long hours to many rules when it comes to performance issues constant new employees and trainees
Pros
good pay
Cons
management issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.