UnitedHealth Group
1,435 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Great organization if you have experience.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLAugust 27, 2014
UHC's Member Services program is impressive however once you hit the floor you are expected to retain the knowledge you learned. It's not a easy ride but the supervisor team at that time was great with working with staff over schedules.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere co workers
Cons: job is only temporary position...seeking longevity
Make calls welcoming member to thier health plan, going over basic information, change PCP, address, number if needed. Also make orders for ID cards and handbooks if requested using Facet and Macess systems
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: onsite health clinic
outbound and inbound phone calls, sending inner office emails, sending faxes, sending out compassion cards to members, handling claims, quoting benefits, calling to provider's offices.
Educator, Customer service professional , Prioritize
Senior customer service representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work hours
Cons: repititious and short staffed
Non stop incoming calls, educating members and providers, as a team captain of 10agents making sure they are abreast of all new procedures and assist with problem calls. The hardest part of my job is that we are short staffed and customers complaining of hold times, but I always resolve their issues and give them the time they deserve.
The best part – more... of my job is the hours, location from home, my peers, my benefits, and that I get to educate members and resolve complex issues and be appreciated for it. – less
Not for me
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: they offer benefits the following month after hiring.
Cons: benefits are very expensive, company does not take pride in employees
United Health Care was simply just not an company for me. The company does not at all care about the employees past the building that they work in. I was hired as a Provider Phone Rep, and a month after my training I was told they would be blending the dept with the claims dept. This meant twice the work that I signed up with no pay increase. Not to – more... mention that the first raise we were promised after training was never given, because the management then said it was given at discretion.
The provider phone rep position mainly consist of Provider calling to find out why their claims were not paid, which as a result of expect to almost ALWAYS get yelled at from the doctors office. In addition to the company policy is that supervisors do not take escalation calls, they have employees take messages and state the call will be returned with 48 hours.. The providers really dislike that and most times the supervisors do not call back which results in the reps taking another angry call.
Lastly, don't take this position thinking your healthcare will be cheaper. Benefits are VERY expensive, (my family of 5 paid almost 500.00 month, and the deductible was still 3500 a person, and 10,000 for the family) they don't even offer last quarter carryover on their employee plans. – less
Amazing place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2014
great pay, co workers are awesome, I would love to work for UHC again.
Fun place to work
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2014
Very family oriented workplace. You are respected by upper management.
large and successful organization
Medicare Sales Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 19, 2014
This company has good benefits and a nice work place.
They offer health insurance and related products.
United Health Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado springs coAugust 19, 2014
this was a good place to work for however they are still getting on their feet with the contract change that happened a little over a year ago patience is a must!
Incoming/Outgoing call center for designate accounts
Sr. clinical Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
Majority of my day is spent on the phones taking incoming calls or placing outgoing calls to members. Discussing benefits, claims and enrolling members into wellness programs.
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 18, 2014
Thoughtful co-workers. Easy, fun, job with great benefits
Good technology and I worked with great people.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2014
Company has great technilogy in place but needs to get their rates in check for our area.
A typical day at uhf
Provider Phone Rep (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOAugust 15, 2014
Pros: career opportunities
Cons: the short breaks and the fact that they arent willing to work with you as far as a schedule goes
a typical day at united health group is alway filled with surprise. Since i have been employed at uhf i have learned tp be very patient. When dealing ith the providers that call in to our company , you will have good days and some bad. the managemnt as well as co workers are very supportive. the hardest part of the job is ll of the policy the you have – more... to be aware of to ensure that you protect the consumers privacy. – less
overall just a number
Sam Edit Adjuster (Former Employee), Telecommuter nyAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pto time was good
Cons: felt like just a number that you could be easily replaceds
Hard to feel like a important part of the company. Hours were flexible... It was required to work minumum 10 hours a week overtime for 6 years then it was all pulled away. Company's answer was you shouldn't depend on overtime...
Very bust office
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great healthcare benefits
This was not a bad job. I just found that my manager was a bit overwhelmed and didn't often have time for one on one assistance if needed.
Productive work environment.
Pharmacy Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Very organized and fair to employees and team. Productive. Organization
Fun environment to work in
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Shavano Park, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good work hours and pay
Cons: medical benefits not so great. high oop after deductible is met.
I am grateful to have a job. The customer service position is a wonderful opportunity to assist Medicare Beneficiaries with the education and knowledge needed for them to understand how their benefits work. I enjoy helping those less fortunate in knowledge understand how Medicare works and what is required of them.
Great fit for the right person
Health Advisor, Coach, Supervisor, RRE (Former Employee), Chico, CAAugust 12, 2014
I worked with UHC for over 7 years and held various job titles. The job is very mentally demanding and the company does its best to try to relieve that with employee engagement activities, however this can be improved upon. The training is extensive and is constantly being improved upon. The relationships made there are lifelong. They offer very competitive – more... pay with full benefits and flexible hours. If you can handle the emotional and mental toll this job can sometimes have, it is a great place to work. – less
Great Work atmosphere.
Fulfillment Services (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDAugust 12, 2014
The work environment is professional. I have learned many skills since being hired. Management is excellent in promoting a work environment where employees can grow professionally.
Nursing with primary goal being business oriented
Telecommuncator Register Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: very supportive management, excellent starting pay
Cons: expensive medical benefits, inability to get requested pto approved
This is a very different type of nursing. There is no hands on nursing and although you triage or educate members, all calls are recorded and reviewed so that business goals and metrics are achieved. The co-workers and supervisors are friendly, helpful and professional. The starting salary is excellent and medical benefits are just so so. Working from – more... home also has its pros and cons. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos