UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,515 reviews matching the search
Pretty good place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2017
Overall, United Healthcare is a great place to work. With all places, they have their pros and cons! When you get the right set of people to work together, it makes for an amazing office setting and it will feel more like a home away from home.
Pros
The work-life balance is excellent!
Cons
If you do not have a degree, the option to advance is limited.
Supervisory role
Agent On Boarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 24, 2017
Everyday here was different. Working with a large variety of clientele and co woker was great. I traveled quite a bit and loved every minute of it..
Enjoyed job but did not last.
FNP (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 24, 2017
I was hired as a per diem FNP in January 2017 and told in May 2017 that member participation was down and I did not have a job. Tried to check if any other jobs available but was told to look on line.
Pros
Good Pay. Able to work on my own.
Cons
Job was eliminated quickly.
ok place to work if you like sitting all day
Advocate4Me Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 24, 2017
to much rapid change -- every job has change but its over the top there.. no real support from managers... i learned a lot about medicare and medicaid
Pros
benefits, 401k discounts
Cons
health insurance sucks
Always changing
Sr. Adhoc Reporting Developer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 24, 2017
Everyone is overworked and the mix of personal and work life does not appear to be valued or maintained. People are always coming and going and in general not very happy.
Pros
Nice conditions.
Cons
chaos
Needs to be fair to employees
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2017
There were particular employees that were treated differently then others. others abused the policies and got away with it. others we watched like hawks and written up at the drop of a hat.
Pros
extensive Training
Cons
Short Breaks and unwillingness to compromise
Productive place to work under Sierra Health
RN Case Manager (Outpatient) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
Provided education and support to Healthcare members and families about disease, diagnosis and how to manage symptoms to prevent further hospitalizations. Mainly Cancer /Oncology patients. Alos managed Daibetes, Htn, COPD,CHFand other diagnosis.
Performed patient assessments for all major domains (physical and psycho social.) Developed and implemented care plans to ensure quality healthcare outcomes.
Pros
when under Sierra Health and HPN excellent benefits.
Cons
Benefits went down hill when purchased by United Health.
Productive fun place!
Project Coordinator - Maxim Staffing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 23, 2017
Short-term assignment during the open enrollment period. Arranged health benefit fairs for government employees and bulk information distribution. Great location!
Quality of Management
Sr. Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 23, 2017
The quality in the management and upper management needs a significant amount of improvement. This review is based on the department (PRS-Optum) which is within United Health Group.
Technology organization
Director (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterMay 22, 2017
Optum is a fast-paced, chaotic environment. Your experience within this company is heavily based on the manager that you get. There is no consistency in the level of information, company goals or distribution of workload between managers.

Employees walk a fine line of not working enough hours (unofficially) and documenting too many hours. If employee documents a work week too close to 40 hours they have to prove that they have enough work to keep them busy but yet they are reprimanded if they put down 45 hours or more on the average work week.

As salaried employees, you will be expected to work as many hours as it takes to get the job done but you can only document 40 hours.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Inconsistent management.
Work life/balance
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 22, 2017
Work life balance was hard since most teams on-shore have to coordinate with off-shore team members. The work entailed full time presense at a very fast paced environment
loved this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 22, 2017
Great Training! Team Atmosphere.. wonderful people to work with. great managers.. opportunity for advancement. Training took time but well worth it.
Great company to work for
QA auditor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Loved working there work from home for 10 years Richmond work and life balance very manageable opportunity for change is always available great pay and benefits package would love to return to work there
n/a
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
I have nothing negative to say we just disagree on what happened but the people there are not bad and my supervisors where always fair when it came to time off.
Great Pay and Benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Not a great training system for my department. 2 days of training was provided. This company micromanages its employees. Great benefit package. No loyalty.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
Job eliminated, did not offer another position.
good commisions
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2017
The work experience was good the company was very productive at one time we took many insurance the company doctors was very helpful and kind and willing to educate and help keep us intelligent and well informed to give good service.
Pros
will compensate for job well done
Cons
change things for the worst!
All about business needs
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 22, 2017
They are not very good with balancing life and work this job was very hard on the employees mind and emotions. This company only cares about the company needs they do not care about the toll it takes on a person.
Warm an Comfortable place to work for
HEDIS Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
People are nice friendly very helpful. Typical day at work every one speak when they come to work. Doing special occassion we decorant our cubicle.We work as team helping each other not only reflect the people around us, but our supervisor and manager as well.We work on project an meeting our goal on certain time line an we get it done.

Pros
Mouse pad for our desk with United Healthcare logo
Cons
N/a
Ok I guess
E-Learning Specialist/ Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323May 22, 2017
It was a decent job. The site was clean and located in a great area. Management was a little inexperienced and unfeeling when it came to managing people. Met pretty good people there.
Pros
Nice clean location
Cons
Inexperienced Supervisors
Great Experience and would like to opportunity to work again for UHC
Clinical Quality HEDIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
Working for UHC was a great experience although always changing it only added to my skill set. The training was extensive however provided the confidence to perform the tasks efficiently. Workplace culture was intense and welcoming at the same time. Great managers which made the challenges easier. The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships I gained.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home.
Cons
Contract work is too short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.