UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,503 reviews matching the search
loved this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 22, 2017
Great Training! Team Atmosphere.. wonderful people to work with. great managers.. opportunity for advancement. Training took time but well worth it.
Great company to work for
QA auditor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Loved working there work from home for 10 years Richmond work and life balance very manageable opportunity for change is always available great pay and benefits package would love to return to work there
n/a
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
I have nothing negative to say we just disagree on what happened but the people there are not bad and my supervisors where always fair when it came to time off.
Great Pay and Benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Not a great training system for my department. 2 days of training was provided. This company micromanages its employees. Great benefit package. No loyalty.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
Job eliminated, did not offer another position.
good commisions
OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2017
The work experience was good the company was very productive at one time we took many insurance the company doctors was very helpful and kind and willing to educate and help keep us intelligent and well informed to give good service.
Pros
will compensate for job well done
Cons
change things for the worst!
All about business needs
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 22, 2017
They are not very good with balancing life and work this job was very hard on the employees mind and emotions. This company only cares about the company needs they do not care about the toll it takes on a person.
Warm an Comfortable place to work for
HEDIS Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
People are nice friendly very helpful. Typical day at work every one speak when they come to work. Doing special occassion we decorant our cubicle.We work as team helping each other not only reflect the people around us, but our supervisor and manager as well.We work on project an meeting our goal on certain time line an we get it done.

Pros
Mouse pad for our desk with United Healthcare logo
Cons
N/a
Ok I guess
E-Learning Specialist/ Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323May 22, 2017
It was a decent job. The site was clean and located in a great area. Management was a little inexperienced and unfeeling when it came to managing people. Met pretty good people there.
Pros
Nice clean location
Cons
Inexperienced Supervisors
Great Experience and would like to opportunity to work again for UHC
Clinical Quality HEDIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
Working for UHC was a great experience although always changing it only added to my skill set. The training was extensive however provided the confidence to perform the tasks efficiently. Workplace culture was intense and welcoming at the same time. Great managers which made the challenges easier. The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships I gained.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home.
Cons
Contract work is too short.
impossibly long hours
Advance practitice Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 22, 2017
In order to do a good job you have to work beyond your paid hours. I got tired of hearing here add this to your day , it will only take a few minutes. Nothing in healthcare "only takes a few minutes"
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
They add more and more to your job without ever taking away. So there is no balance.

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
United Healthcare atmosphere is conducive to a productive teamwork environment. While most of the team is across the U.S., we still find a close network and help each other.
good company
Advocate, Pharmacy Benefits Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2017
hours change a lot last min OT ,calls can be up and down but when they become busy ot rolls out you may have to stay late or come early the next day and work on off day
great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 21, 2017
To work for a fortune 5 company in the world says a lot. Great place to work for. Work life balance is a major plus, and benefits are great too; especially stock options
Calm and diverse work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 20, 2017
The people are really friendly, at least at the campus that I worked at. The company itself values the workers because it offers various incentives to stay in the company.
Nice quiet place to work
SR PHARMACY TECH PRIOR AUTH (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2017
Great work experience. Positive workplace culture. Supportive management. Great team work and I really liked the level of community outreach.
Overall a pleasure to work there.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Could get a little over whelming
About United Health Group
Contract Author Provider Installations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2017
Work with United Health Group has been educational and very rewarding. This is a company with an outstanding culture that is positive and drawing internally as well as externally. The management is exceptional, and they are willing to help with achievement and upward movement. The hardest part of the job is not having a job because of phasing out and outsourcing, which is what's happening to me. I don't want to leave but I have to be realistic and proactive about my search for employment to ensure that I have a current and future sustaining lifestyle through being gainfully employed.
Pros
Pay Compensatons, Bonuses
Cons
Outsourcing
Great culture, work environment, people, and chance for advancement
Sr. Lead Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 19, 2017
A great place to work with great people, training, and benefits. Opportunity to learn and do many new things if you have the gumption. Training is open to all employees. UnitedHealth Care is interested in their employees.

Technology/IT sector the full time employees need to find their own jobs within the company once the project ends. You are basically on your own here. That is the drawback.
Pros
Training Class are offered to all employees
Cons
IT professionsals need to find their own job once a project ends
Can be a fun work place. Depending the team you are with
Health Advisor/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 18, 2017
Sometimes this company would not allow you to have that family time. It would get to a point where there so much OT. You forgot you had a family at home.
The new Optum Headquarters Building has lots of amentities.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work was mostly sitting and answering inbound calls from UHC members in a call center setting.

I learned about Healthcare Benefits.

Very little diversity among management.

Workplace culture was challenging for most of my team members.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of flexibility.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the members.
Pros
Beautiful new building with all of the amenities.
Cons
Short Lunches
Customer Service/Call Center environment with opportunities to work from home
HEALTH ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2017
There are plenty of positions available with opportunities to work from home. Customer service/call center environment but there are other positions available where you're not on the phones all day.
Pros
Benefits Working from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval