UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,066 reviews matching the search
Okay
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 25, 2017
Independent working environment where almost all communication, scheduling, training is by computer. Flexible scheduling, bonuses, all equipment is provided.
Pros
Very independent, great patients
Cons
a lot of driving, somewhat isolated work
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2017
UnitedHealth Group offers great pay. Training was a bit difficult but once you begin your actual role it's worth it. The work load wasn't heavy. You get a large desk and the environment is really comfortable.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2017
It's a very easy going place to work at. Everyone is a team player and you are always given opportunities to move up the ladder.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 25, 2017
A typical day at work includes helping members live healthier lives. The work is fulfilling and you truly make a difference in the lives of others.The pay is very competitive which makes it worth the patience it may take to move around in the company. It may take an act of congress to get promotions, but it is possible.
Broker Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2017
They are a good company to work for. Great pay, benefits, supervisors were great management ok. I worked in call center and really enjoyed it compared to other companies I have worked for since.
Fun place to work.
Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2017
I've learned a lot about different parts of health insurance, and how insurance really works. Worked with many different cultures from different backgrounds. Talking to people from all over the world is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Na
Care Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 24, 2017
The hiring process was lengthy, and could be set up better. Once final training was complete they place you at your desk, and expect you to be there, and frown upon taking mandatory breaks. Along with mandatory overtime.
I worked from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Good steady job, enjoyable work culture, good benefits. I worked from home for 5 years. During my 9 total years my job ended twice but both transitions were comfortable because of the support from the company.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Lots of continuing changes
Amazing job with amazing culture
Producer Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 24, 2017
An amazing employer with management that genuinely care for you not only as an employee but as an individual. Plenty of room to excel. Amazing customer service.
best and worst decision ever
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
best and worst decision ever - best decision to join and worse getting out. if I had it to do over again I would probably still be in the Navy now.
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 23, 2017
I work from home, the hardest part of this position is the high standard of metrics you must meet in order to maintain employment they change daily. You cannot take off work unless you were approved two weeks in advance or longer without receiving a point. 4 points is an immediate cap. Time off requests are in PTO bids against the rest of your teams and seniority always receives first bids. Shifts do change and have to bid on quarterly. If you have a family this may not be the place of employment for you. The job pays very well even if you only have a HS Diploma and yearly raises are an option based on performance levels.
Pros
Work at Home Option
Cons
Limited time off capability
United Health Group Customer Service
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2017
All in all a great place to work, room for advancement, great work atmosphere and work culture. There is room for management to improve it's staff in professionalism, also due to the size of the building breaks could be a little longer.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and work culture
Cons
Short Breaks, Somestimes unprofessional management/ upper staff
High Energy work place
Client Implementation Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Great place to work. High energy and challenging in a good way. Great flexible work place with great amenities. Competitive pay
Pros
Telecommute options, high energy growth company. Great amenities and benefits
Cons
Might be too fast paced for some individuals.
Motivation
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Telecommute) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I am looking into other positions to advance my career while enjoying the new challenges and opportunities to broaden my knowledge.

I have learned that doing the same thing every day is not for me as my enjoyment is problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. The goal is to find a position that allows me to learn more and expand my capabilities into new areas. As a people-person who likes to learn and build relationships, this exciting and new position will help me fulfill potential growth in the near future.
Excellent job, tough, challenging, but rewarding.
Senior Customer Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Can be a very stressful job, but management is outstanding, and always willing to help. Assisting members with their needs and putting their minds at ease is very rewarding.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be very stressful.
Great place to work in and excel
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I working with the community and helping people in any way possible. I like that I have travel to different locations to distribute information about United health care and attending different events , meeting different people while spreading the great help that United health care has to offer.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement and exceling
Cons
Dealing with the different weather
a very stressful workplace
Medical Claims Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I was hired for medical claims review. A typical workday consist of reviewing 30 claims a day answering calls and emails about pending claims. Working with others on your region.
Pros
Full time
Cons
no overtime offered
I was okay I enjoyed Blueshield and Bluecross
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
I paid insurance claims insurance claims correctly and in a timely manner. Training wasn't as great as Bluecross and the program we used to pay claims was outdated.
Pros
money
Cons
Lunch
Provider customer service (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2017
very stressful position taking call after call. learned to navigate sytem and new updates on protocol and benefits updates and changes.
the hardest part of job is meeting and exceeding call quotas as call adherence and hold and time on call whether over exceeding on extending yourself.
receive 90 day training and training is not consistent with on the floor experiences.
most enjoyable part on job is building relationships with caller and being able to extend your self meeting the need and expectations of the provider on phone.
I really liked them
Health Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 20, 2017
Good work life balance, fair rules and very competetive pay. Nice ways to work yourself up within the industry. Fair company and good balance because of they nice time off they allow you.
Pros
Balance, pay, benefits
Cons
Crazy customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.