UnitedHealth Group
1,670 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Diversity
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare benefits
The people here are very friendly. Management could be more lilenient on accommodating lunch hours. Co-workers demostrate teamwork. The pay could be better.
Poor excuse for a company
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Sugarland, TexasDecember 24, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything!!!!
I had the worst experience working for this company. The management was horrible, messy, cut-throat, and cold hearted. The training unorganized an insignificant. No job security. If you had a personal issue with management, or even breathed the wrong way they would fire you. Management play favoritism and the people who knew the least were promoted. – more... I never missed a day and was never late, knew my job and had a plesent attitude but I was fired. They sent me an email telling me not to come back to the premises. I still don't know why I was released from the position. Oh yeah did I mention unorganized. Worst job ever. On top of every thing else no benefits. Management created an environment of chaos as opposed to harmony. They played workers against one another. We were made to feel that we were in a life and death competition and in the end no one was a winner. They let us all go without warning. Run fast away from this company. – less
UnitedHealthGroup
Provider Relations Advocate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 23, 2014
Pros: can't think of one
Cons: rude, disfunctional
United does not care about the employee. They are numbers driven and keep people for wrong reasons
What a joke
Data Processor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 20, 2014
Pros: ok income for very short period of time.
Cons: everything
I worked here as a seasonal worker and was treated poorly. Management talks bad about everyone and their unreachable goals become a competitive circus for the employees. You will have your every move tracked and recorded. Despite not missing a day of work and being a top performer, you will be lied to about getting a permanent job there.
Not the best place
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: they lie
This employer is really bad to work for. They tell you they can work around your schedule if you are enrolled in college courses. When that time came around they could not do it.
Very Productive Workplace
CS-Customer Service Rep. Senior (Current Employee), TXDecember 19, 2014
A typical day at United Healthcare would be too much of an easy way to describe it. I love my Job and learned alot in regards to Customer Service.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2014
This is a fairly easy job with excellent training. Management is very involved in helping to make sure you have the tools needed for the job.
extensive and thorough training program
HEALTH ADVISOR (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYDecember 16, 2014
This company was my first experience in healthcare, health insurance to be specific. I did learn so much about the industry, we had a rigorous 15 week training.

Unfortunately, it became difficult to transition out of the role I was in, so I decided to leave for better opportunities.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 14, 2014
It was very difficult to stand out as an individual in such a large company, While I was there, they did offer classes for you to get your insurance license, which was a bonus.
Positive and challenging workplace
Assistant Provider Installation Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 12, 2014
Excellant company and benefits.

Fast paced challenging team environment.
Exciting opportunity to working with Provider contracting.
Professional and productive work place with a very supportive staff
Utilization Review/Case Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: monday through friday schedule, no weekends or holidays, fun and most enjoyable people to work with
Cons: sometimes the work load could be a bit overwhelming at times
A typical day at work would begin by checking any voice mail messages and returning telephone calls. I would then enter clinical information obtained into the computer for review. Attend any meetings we had scheduled for the day. Help out my co-workers if needed.

Although we maintained a very professional and fast paced work environment, I enjoyed – more... working with my co-workers and we still made our days go by faster by engaging in conversations about our lives and funny stories we had to share. I knew I could always go to one of my co-workers for any questions or help I may have needed without fear of judgement from them and they knew they could always approach me for assistance as well. We worked extremely well as a team.

The hardest part of the job was when one or more of our team members was out sick or on vacation and meeting the dead lines and specific time frames for each individual project was a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working very well as a fully functional team member. – less
Health Agent-Seasonal/CSR (Former Employee), LouisvilleDecember 12, 2014
Productive place to work. Always educating and encouraging employees to advance in leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping consumers to a better quality of life.
Great coworkers with flexibility
Bilingual Telephonic HRCCM (Current Employee), McAllen, TexasDecember 11, 2014
Pros: work from home, flexibility, pto, insurance
Cons: no advancement, the feeling that set up for failure by management, (personal opinion, racially baised for management positions), strict metric requirements that go against your overall performance and job security, always feel like you will lose your job at any time
I work at home making calls to my members on a daily basis. I assess for any gaps in care and I coordinate the care that the mmber is recieving by utilizing different assessment tools and criteria. I enjoy workihg for my co-workers.
large company, flexible hours.
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee), Long Island, NYDecember 11, 2014
large company with good benefits
hours were flexible

training was lack luster
growth opportunities were minimal in the sales division
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, NYDecember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
This Kingston NY/NYS Empire company is horrible to work for.
They are very unorganized; they play favorites and say how they appreciate they're workers and that is farthest from the truth . People are overworked and underpaid and the supervisors and managers play games and have no idea what to do. I feel sorry for the member's they manage........Beware. – more... I never enjoyed a day at that employ. – less
Health Advisor (Former Employee), NCDecember 10, 2014
Fun environment but could be refreshed. Leadership roles needed re-examination as there seemed to be very large gaps in communication across departments and supervisors. Would benefit from internal audit. Overall, lots of resources available to be successful but requires you do your homework
Customer Advocate
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), greensboro ncDecember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything washorrible about them
Worst place to work. they did not care if you had a family or life outside as long as people were there to answer the phones no advancement opportunitues at all. Poor treatment of employees. Cold management
Overall overview
Sr. Medical Underwriter Coordinator (Former Employee), Edina, MNDecember 10, 2014
there was not a lot of room for advancement with this company. The overall morale was nice. When it came time to reviews hardly anyone got raises ever. It was never in the budget.

Some of the cons were the people you worked with were wonderful and full of knowledge.
Diverse population
Service Account Manager (Current Employee), MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no gym at my location
A typical day might include attending new employee orientations in the morning, and sending confirmations of attendance to other employee events for our contractors in the afternoon. Employees are encouraged to volunteer with their favorite charities, and the company offers donations for volunteering over a certain number of hours. They also embrace – more... diversity through community council events, which allow employees to learn about other cultures. – less
Claims Processor (Former Employee), South Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: updated technology and great learning environment
Cons: management does not communicate
I enjoyed working at Unitedhealth Group. I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was talking to people who were very distressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was exercising critical thinking.

1 2 3 4 5