UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,781 reviews matching the search
A very good place to work.
Senior Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2016
United Health One, a part of United Health Group has been an excellent employer. The company provided an excellent environment in which to work. I would highly recommend them as an employer.
Poor working conditions
Regional Program Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2016
Clients were allowed to mistreat employees. Very difficult to be successfully. Teams did not work together. Senior leaders in Learning & Development were micro-managers.
Opportunity for Growth
IS Business Analyst II, Medicaid Division (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2016
My duties varied over the 15 years that I was employed. I enjoyed my time with this company. I was afforded many opportunities to grow.
Not organized. No training
Recovery Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2016
Management does not connect with workers. Hardest part of the job is no training. Typical day, 8 hour shift. Possible telecommute.
Pros
Tele commute possible
Cons
Business Data Analyst, Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2016
I loved working for United Health Group and Optum. They always make you fee like a valued employee.

They truly care about you and your development.
Solid company with opportunities to grow
Senior Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 5, 2016
I have been fortunate to work for UHG for 10 years. In that time I have been able to work in many different departments under a variety of leaders. I would recommend anyone to look at UHG for they offer a wide array of jobs; some that one would not expect to be offered in health insurance. Strong leadership team with vision for the future head the organization and have set the pace for a strong company for year to come.
Large Healthcare Organziation leading in innovation
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work to build experience in healthcare. There is continuous change and growth, that can make it challenging but fun. Develop skills quickly such as time, priority and project management.
Great Experiences
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2016
I have learned so much working with United Health Group starting 2015. I has been a great experience so far. Typically, on a daily basis my work consisted of doing QA testing using QC and automation testing. My co-workers and managers are extremely supportive nd helpful. I enjoy testing, and working in a QA environment. I am hoping to advance my career further and looking forward to get more experiences from potential companies I am applying for.
Pros
Management support
Cons
overall good place to work
Pre-Service Review RN (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteDecember 2, 2016
The job is virtual/work from home and I have found it a good place to work. However, since it is work from home, they are strict about you always being at your computer unless you're on a break.
Open Work Culture with excellent work life balance
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 2, 2016
I have been working at UHG for some time. The work environment is excellent. It is a big company and not all departments have the same culture. The salary and benefits leave you wanting.
It is a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 2, 2016
The pay is minimal. The over time is manadatry.The company is very large. Over last 5 years the company has gone to a work at home platform. Very hard to find a manager unless you are being corrected.
Pros
Tons of company community activites
Cons
No sick days
Loved the people I worked with but last management unpleasant
Customer Service Representative, admin coodinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 30, 2016
Would love to work for them again but of course under new management. Loved what I did. Loved all my previous supervisors, team lead and managers.
It's ok.
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
It is an ok place to work. There is nothing spectacular to say, you log on the computer, you work, you go to lunch, you log back in, you work some more, you log out and go home. You come back the next day and you do the same thing. The end.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a job
very strict company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
no cell phones on the floor you have to lock away your purses and cell phones in a locker and you can not use paper at all on the call center floor. it is like you are in jail. however it pays the bills.
Results-focused and goal-oriented professional, armed with commendable experience in the health insurance and hospitality industry.
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 30, 2016
Answer anywhere from 60-80 inbound calls on a daily basis assisting health care providers for claims, pre-certification, and benefits.
Most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new each day.
Good & Bad
Military Service Representative - Telecommute (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2016
Good culture of people, the training for the position was really bad. Did not cover anything that we actually do; so not prepared once we got started. Very punitive in nature regarding these issues. Employee accumulates "defects" for items they were not trained on; they call it a "coaching opportunity".
wonderful
Stand Attendant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2016
Fun eventful work days. They gave free food for lunch of your from any stand in the stadium. great team work. i learned a lot i didn't know about basebal.l
Pros
dfree lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great employee culture and great environment for contractors
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 27, 2016
During my current project, I've met with many employees from many different backgrounds. Everyone I met was great to work with and passionate about the work they do.
All you are is a NUMBER! Provider Services Rep
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 27, 2016
UHC Oldsmar is all about your call numbers not about its' employees.Management at best is very young with no experience. It's a good old boy network and if they like you your are not written up with below standard numbers or the days you miss don't count toward your attendance. If you like being a robot this JOB is for you.... If you don't kiss a** you will not be in the click!
Pros
A Job, Nice team members.
Cons
Management, Systems Outdated, No Support
Excellent
Operational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
I love the culture within the company,there is room for advancement as well as competitive pay. I have acquired many skills within the company and the continuous innovation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.