UnitedHealth Group

2.1K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Needs a Union
Business Analyst (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Management, Pay, and Health Benefits
UHG does not have a Union. Employees that transfer or get promoted to new positions are paid below market value. It is extremely hard for employees to grow financially and career wise. During reorganizations, UHG allows upper management to place holds on departments,that keeps employees from transfering or being considered for other positions within the company. The health benefits are not good.

The company offers nice discounts and work force training (certifications).
Its a learning experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), sugarland, txJuly 30, 2015
Great co workers busy schedule.. lots of calls less pay. vacation benefits are accumilated not given up front.. its very unorganized. no room for growth.
great place to work
Claims Processor (Telecommuter) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 30, 2015
This is a excellent company to work for. At this point I am looking to expand my knowledge of insurance. There is a lot of room for growth.
Travel incentives excellent
Traveling Phlebotomist (Former Employee), NationwideJuly 29, 2015
Travelled nationwide performing health screening, Free hotel, rental car, mileage, travel pay, nice hotels. Hardest part of the job, running thru airport. packing equipment, shipping to fedex.
Great place to advance your career
Human Resource Direct Service Advisor (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2015
I love the organization as a whole and believe that they work hard to encompass their employees needs. It is a great place to advance your career as they offer many different opportunities and with the fast growth of the company as well.
Invests in the career development of thier employees
Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 29, 2015
UHG Invests resources and time in the career development of thier employees through employee development programs and career guidance through Human Resources. UHG cares about its employees and provides the support needed to develop one's career.
great coworkers and company
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great workplace and company
Cons: nothing is wrong
this company was remarkable down to very last day when my dept was laid off i loved it and wish that i could return. every one was dependable. there was no hard job.
Good Experience with Above Average Benefits Package
Government Programs Enrollment Representative II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits Packages
Cons: As with most large corporations, the employee can get lost in the numbers.
In the time I had working for UnitedHealth Group I found it a place with high expectations and a supportive team environment. Being a health insurance company the health benefits package was extensive and included benefits other companies are generally unable to offer due to costs.
Great place to work, good emplyee support, personally rewarding
Senior Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: PTO Low cost for Health Insurance
Cons: Not much in the way of accounting, finance or HR in Duluth
Very good place to work. Great people to work with, advancement possibilities, just not much in my field. Nice PTO, health insurance etc
Broker Manager for United Healthcare
Broker Manager/Independent Agent (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJuly 27, 2015
The great part of the job is working with so many great people. Being broker manager gives me a chance to lead by example and train my agents to do what I do. The UHC Broker Sales Managers are quite helpful in what they do for our teams. They are always willing to lend a hand. The downside is the compensation with UHC. They have a constant stream of chargebacks and overpayments. It not a good way to run a business.
One of the hardest jobs you will ever have but well worth the training
Claims Representative Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benefits
Cons: Schedule
Since its customer service oriented plus claims processing, it is by far the hardest job there is...but well worth the experience.
Career Opportunities
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Sugarland, TexasJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Changing lives
Cons: Policies
It is truly a position that has various career opportunities if you are willing to be patient. It is what you make of it. If you're willing to put in the time, good things can come of it.
Excellent workplace
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 26, 2015
UHG is great place to work where you learn new things each day.
You face challenges at work and that brings the best out of me.
UnitedHealth Group is a good company.
Employer Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2015
UnitedHealth Group is a good company to work for. I have enjoyed the chance to meet a few interesting people while employed here. There are limited chances for career advancement in my specific area of the company, so I am seeking a chance to grow within or at another company.
excellent benefits and job security
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: constant changes in healthcare laws and company policies.
Challenging because of quality and production requirements that seemed to change constantly.

Good place to work overall.

I enjoy solving problems and that was the basic responsibility of the job however due to a complicated software system where our resources were stored it was a difficult job to learn and master.

Plenty of help from Subject Matter Experts that were available via e-mail communications.
contest
Clinical Administrator/Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Health Care
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Working as a team we always had contest chances to win money and paid days off. The company over all was wonderful to work for.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 23, 2015
Pros: You get to take care of amazing patients
Cons: everything about this company!
Once United Healthcare cam in and took over Hospice Inspiris the company went to the dumps. They don't care about their employees or their patients, they just want the census and the numbers. they do not have a good reputation in the community at all. If you go to work as a field hospice nurse, be prepaired to give up all hours of your life! They suck the energy out of you. Management is horrible!
Great place to work. uhc hires amazing and well respected people
advocate4me rep (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2015
I love what i do at uhc. uhc is numbers driven but we have supervisor who allows that balance of work and life. We are growing at a rapid pace and we have great opportunities to move up in the company.
Senior Clinical Appeals Reviewer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Love my Job, Manager and co-workers. Typical day at work always busy and always open to learn new responsibilities and always challenges.
Far too much expected from their employees
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Day shift schedule
Cons: Too many job functions for the salary
At first it sounds great cause its a day shift, no weekends position.
Then more and more gets dumped on you.
The other employees are not the problem. The philosophy that's been changed get over the course of the last year is the problem.
This was once considered the cream of the crop of call centers for this area.
Trust, it is now the dumpster.
Take your talent elsewhere where you'll be appreciated. And to a company that will actually allow you to use your vacation time.
Headquarters