UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,803 reviews matching the search
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 23, 2017
I have enjoyed my tenure with United Healthcare. The company cares about it's employees. They work to foster a work/life balance to help employees to balance family and their job.
Beautiful Building great location
MN Provider Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 22, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at United Health.
They have a beautiful building and all of the staff were very helpful.
It was evident that they cared about their employees.
Customer Service
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 22, 2017
I worked as a senior customer service associate for United Healthcare and enjoyed it when I had the opportunity to train and develop people. I helped open a new division at the time, which was also interesting in developing the policies on how to handle the claims for that division.
Pros
great company, great benefits
Cons
slow work pace, call center, customer service
OK place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 22, 2017
UHG is an OK place to work. The leadership team is very unorganized. You work long hours because you are required to do mandatory overtime of at least 15 hours per week. The morale is very low in the company.
UR Nurse and DC Planner
RN Complex DC Planner (Former Employee) –  telecommuteJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed my job with UHC and took off a few years to be with my family. Their benefit package was great along with the convenience of working from home. It suited my needs and I would consider working for them again in the future.
Great Place to Work
Community Health Worker (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 21, 2017
Excellent Training. Work from home. Really care about staff and provided all resources to conduct position that I was hired for. Will consider reapplying
ok place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta Woods, GAJuly 21, 2017
got very experience in this position, learned a lot, however there were many improvements needed. Management could have listened to many of employees concerns.
Professional and Productive Environment
Clinical Administrator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaJuly 21, 2017
United is a family environment where you are allowed to explore your talents. I have learned so many things not only about healthcare, but myself as well. Great place to work.
production based environment
data loading agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2017
They pay people decently and give them good benefits, including not only decent healthcare but other even rarer essentials, like paid parental leave..
Poor Training
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
I found that I was only given access to half the programs needed to do the job and had to learn on my own how to get the rest of the information to do the job. Most of the office staff was very nice but the Team lead talked down to the staff and lied to cover herself when asked by management. The company was bought out by Optum during my employment and management was not happy about giving up control of the office. Pay was good.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Breaks discouraged
Productive Company always open to Teamwork
Contract HEDIS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work starts with meetings for todays work load. We have an icebreaker to get our team flowing together on one accord. We have our desired goals to be reached during the day and I open the meeting for any questions or concerns from my team. The workplace culture is phenomenal and being that we work remote our online bond of communication is excellent, The most enjoyable part of the job is creating relationships from all parts of the world and coming together for one common goal and that is to get medical records quality approved and access the percentile to complete the project. The most challenging part of this job was being that is contract and not permanent it's always challenging to say goodbye to my team.
Pros
Nice incentives for project work
Management was adequate
HEALTH ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 20, 2017
Manager of my team was adequate. I enjoyed helping people understand their policies and speaking on their behalf to healthcare professionals. The assignments were challenging yet fun. I really enjoyed working with my teammates,
Life at United
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for if you don't mind being in the same position for years without any advancement. The work is pretty repetitive helping customers and answering the same questions a million times a day.
Pros
Health care benefits and the pay
Cons
No worklife balance
Tough life at work
FACETS Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Management is very poor in managing resources. Resources are give no respect. They can call you any time for work. there is no life work balance. its a Tough life at work working with UHG
Medicare & Retirement Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2017
I loved my job and most of the people I worked with however management leaves a lot to be desired. I would go back under different management in a heartbeat.
Pros
Making your own hours
Cons
Mangement
Great Company Poor Management
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
United Healthcare is a great company to work for but they are not true to their culture. Management is horrible here and a lot of employees are under paid.
Pros
Flexiable work hours
Cons
Poor management
Lack of growth
Claims Representative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 19, 2017
I have been with the company for about three years now. I have applied for different positions over six times and I still can't get promoted. I even went to college and graduated and I still can't get promoted. There's tons of overtime. It's hard when you have a family. The pay is below average. The raises suck. Training is not that great either. There are work from home opportunities. They micromanage.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
Micromanage, low pay, little advancement in the company, no work life balance
Great Place to work
Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. I have enjoyed working the contract for Tricare over the last 4 years. I hope to remain with the company once the contract ends.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
Transparency
If compensation is priority, this job is great but not family friendly.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2017
The environment is not family friendly. If you are newly out of college or single this would be idealistic. Management was not clear nor professional at all.
Pros
Cons
Not family friendly
Productive Atmosphere
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
UHC is much more than a call center. The company has core values that we abide by to make the members experience one to remember. You receive one 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks while being a phone agent. Management is numbers driven, meaning you have to meet your metrics before even thinking about advancing to another position.
Pros
Compensation, medical benefits
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval