UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,131 reviews matching the search
Positive and Encouraging Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
I truly love what I do at UHC and well as the company that I do it for. My managers are some of the most supportive and appreciative that I have ever worked for. I would stay with this company forever if it were not for the fact that I am relocating.
I was never pressured and if I ever has a question or concern professionally or personally my leads and supervisors were all approachable. Even when I discussed the plan to relocate they even stepped up to try to find a position within the company that would be able to take.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
level of knowledge needed/vs pay a bit unbalanced.
Overall Satisfaction
Professional Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 9, 2016
No complaints about UHC, in the process of changing careers. For anyone looking for a fast paced inbound call center this is the place to be! Wonderful people and you don't work Sat. or Sunday latest shift endds 6pm! Can't complain considering most call centers are 24hrs!
Excellent training
HCC Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 9, 2016
Overall, The training opportunities given at excellent. They really give the employees the tools required to succeed.
Pros
Excellent trainers
Cons
6 month Contract
Not for the employees, just about the numbers
Benefits Advocate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
No a company you would want to work for if u have a family. Not family oriented at all. Shows a lot of favoritism, promote unqualified employees, Seniority doesn't count with this company at all, you are just a number here. Very stressful company, if u are healthy, count on having a health condition before leaving.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Do not work here
Good Place to Work
Business Ops Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Lots of variety with the work that was performed daily. Opportunity to grow and learn new things. Lots of friendly co-workers. Sometimes the days were really long during open enrollment, but everyone was there to support each other.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay.
Cons
Had to drive to far to work.
unorganized
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2016
Supervisors send email of job we will complete per day. Some days the leaders were not clear on which jobs we were to do. They had multiple new hire training's which took away the time to assist the current staff which caused errors in work. I liked co-workers.
Pros
close restaurants
Cons
timed breaks
Satisfied working at United Health
SAS/SQL System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 4, 2016
Work environment and the typical day of work is satisfied. And Management and coworkers are nice. Don't have hardest part of the job.
Medicaid PPR
Provider Resolution Specialist and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Working within this fast-paced call center is challenging. Meeting service levels is very important in this field. Meeting your metrics is even more important. With endless career opportunities I would rate this company as a good place to work.
Pros
Career advancement, good culture
Cons
Short breaks, basic health benefits, corporate atmosphere
EXCELLENT all-around!!
Licensed Health Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2016
All staff are very friendly and encouraging. I learn something new each day, which I love.

Coaches have all started from the bottom, which lets all telephonic workers know that they understand how we feel when things get heavy. Not something you find a lot of in other companies upper-level management.
Pros
Regularly scheduled breaks, blue jeans Fridays
Cons
none!
Fast paced medicaid industry
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Working in the medicaid world has been a challenge. You see what others in this world are facing. Times can be tough but I'm here to help.

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
Poor benefit package, understaffed
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The caseloads for the Clinical Care managers are extremely high, and there is a big problem with employee retention due to this. The benefits are also pretty bad; a very large deductable for both medical and pharmacy, so expect to pay out of pocket for everything.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, nice coworkers
Cons
understaffed, caseloads too high, very poor benefit package
Customer Service Rep
Benefit Advocate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2016
They pay very well but the job is hard work. If you are used to a call center environment then this will be a great job for you but if not I would suggest to look elsewhere.
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
The job is very stressful and overwhelming and micromanaged
Recruitment
SALES OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 1, 2016
Bad communication regarding hiring status and inequitable evaluation of candidates. Not completely fair in evaluation of candidates
Pros
telecommute
Cons
not diverse
Customer Service Oriented Business
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 31, 2016
My job consist of satisfying our customers needs and wants. I work in the Grievance and Appeals department for Retirees.
Great Job
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
A great company to use your skills and experience to advance opportunities great co worker and managers its a great place to work
Fair
Associate Network Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Responsible for developing the provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners
OK job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Benefits are lacking for such a huge insurance company. Too many changes and your boss changes way too much. Easy to get lost in the shuffle. Had to advance .
Pros
Good experience
Cons
lack of pay and benefits
I worked in a project called Shield Advance where the existing Mainframe Legacy system is migrated to FACETS & Network X Pricer. I worked as a Senior
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2016
The project is mainly on routing and adjudication of Claims from our trading partner to HIPAA gateway. According to the Legacy and FACETS system the claims will be routed to different system based on the Business requirement. The Validation is done on FACETS and Different legacy routing scenario and how is the stored on FACETS accumulator tables.
Worst place to ever work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2016
They always laying off people accounts always closing . They don't get your pay right management sucks DO NOT WORK HERE !!! Your job isn't secured
Great company
Provider Resolution and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2016
company allowed me to learn numerous things about the healthcare that I did not have knowledge of before. interaction with hospitals and staff was great .
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches