UnitedHealth Group
1,874 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Money is good, Environment Dicey
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2015
Money is good, benefits are expensive.
Work/life balance is non-existent, lots of hours and weekends to meet deadlines, management is lacking, job security is your previous paycheck. Management is cliches and not trustworthy.
To the positive you will meet quality co-workers, dedicated and loyal to each other.
Excellent Managed Care Organization, benefits are stellar and work environment has been a source of learning and challenged me as a professional
Sr. Social Worker- High Risk Pediatrics/OB (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, longevity, pleasant work environment
Cons: Very large MCO, difficult to have knowledge of all facets and how they affect one another
A typical work day consists of case managing high risk obstetric and pediatric cases in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team. Utilization review, management as a major focus coupled with patient centered care to include: assessment of the patient/family, determining biopscyhosocial barriers, implementing resources in an effort to remove those barriers.
United Healthcare, Inc. is a vast system on both a national and international scope. However, my direct supervisor as well as the senior management and medical directors that I interact with regularly provide a supportive, personalized approach that offsets being "a number" versus a valued asset to the company.
I thoroughly enjoy those that I work with. I feel it is imperative to have a professional, yet personable relationship with those I work with and value their professional input while at the same time feel the majority of those I work with I am able to call friends.
The most difficult part of my job currently is being faced with a patient who has social needs, however, resources are not available within the community or their benefit summary to meet their needs. In those instances which are frequent, it is imperative that I utilize my critical thinking skills, however, there are times despite this that a client's needs are not fully recognized.
The most enjoyable part of my job affecting positive change in the lives of the people I serve. In doing that, learning about the patient's I assess and follow-the lives they have led, changes they have made, and the strengths they have developed or develop as I follow them are very rewarding. Moreover, healthcare is constantly changing and provides ongoing opportunities to learn and grow as a professional whether that be from your peers, administrative support, or medical experts.
Didn't Survive in Dallas Area
Phone Provider Rep (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 24, 2015
The company arrived in Carrollton TX with one client & quickly grew to 3 clients before shutting down shortly after. The work environment was very noisy because everyone sat right next to each with no dividers for sound control.
productive and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasMarch 23, 2015
I answer inbound calls and help member/dentist office find out about benefits on plans. Almost all manager are great to work for.
Overall good place to work
Broker Agent Services Sr Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 23, 2015
UnitedHealthcare focuses on keeping their employees engaged. An engaged employee is a successful employee. I enjoy the opportunity I have to work making myself a better person.
All that glitters ain't gold.....
Customer Service (Former Employee), KansasMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits, weekends off, decent rate of pay
Cons: clique-ish work culture, high turnover rate, no standard form for corrective action (fire at will)
Unless you want to work in an unstable environment with a culture of clique-ish behaviors do not apply here. I worked in the call center dealing with medicaid members and was terminated for an unjust reason. This all started when I was put on a final warning for being exasperated with a customer that would not allow me to offer solutions, the second I got ready to speak she would continually talk over me and would interchange issues before I can assist her on the first issue she was having as it related to her benefits. There was no offer of coaching, no verbal warning, no first or second warning. They do not want customer service reps, they want robots that will allow the customers to cuss, swear, rant and rave, without any opportunity to check the situation and get to the core of the matter with customers. Not an ideal way to earn a living. I was assisting a belligerent member who wanted information on two pharmaceuticals and because I informed the customer that they were not covered on the plan, she began to be shout obscenities at me and I told her there was no need for that behavior and she then proceeded to want to speak to my manager. Needless to say, I obliged the customer while still conducting myself in a very professional manager and the recording of the inbound call will depict that but my immediate supervisor still decided to terminate me without any coaching, warnings or other means of corrective action. Red flag, right? It.was the story of my life working here. The saddest commentary of all is that I have been receiving consistent praise from customers as well as the corporate division who have on more than one occasion came by my cubicle to tell me how great of a job I have been doing.
good company
Senior Bilingual (Spanish/English) Customer Care (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard load of work
The life as customer service rep at United healthcare is very hard and stressfull. The amount and type of calls are very hard and difficult.
Pros and Cons
Senior RN Case Manager (Current Employee), SW CTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: my team
Cons: disorganized upper management
My position entails many different roles, so I do not have a typical day.

I enjoy my team, they are dedicated and bright. Managing this team can be challenging, dealing with the different personalities, but overall we work cohesively.

The hardest part of my position is often having to work late every night and at least one day a weekend.

The most enjoyable part of my role is the success of the team as a whole and our camaraderie.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2015
This is a great company to work for! The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and methods to help me to advance.
Good environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), GeorgiaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Work from home capability
Cons: Short staffed.
Lots to do when you're in entry-level management. Not much room for advancement, despite their ongoing quest to have you believe so.
Sr Service Associate (Current Employee), telecommuteMarch 20, 2015
Job can be very tedious with little chance for change. Other than that the job is secure and reliable. Good supervisors and management.
Micromanaged, No Advancement outside of call center, No job stability
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: lost cost insurance
Cons: everything else
Anyone who gave UHC high ratings, does not work in the call center. They keep you stuck in your position by keeping you written up for nonsense. No raises received for years, nothing ever works right, systems down daily with you being left without access answering 60 calls only telling them they have to call back, Management is unprofessional and condescending, high turnover rate. Please do yourself a favor...apply elsewhere.
Independent Insurance Sales
Independant Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: abundance of travel
Cons: taxes and obamacare
I maintained an appointment with United Health Group, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aflac. I was licensed in three states: Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma. I enjoyed the interaction with the clients and servicing their needs.
Downhill
Sr. Lg Group Enrollment Rep-SME (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: enjoy the people i work with
Cons: communication, management, no work, honesty, transparency
United Healthcare has forgotten about their US employees. All work is being shipped overseas in return taking work from the US and resulting in lay offs, people quitting.
Sr. Director (Current Employee), MinneapolisMarch 18, 2015
Pros: excellent culture and environment
Cons: salary adjustments for promotions
I have been with UnitedHealthcare for 10 years and I truly enjoy it. There are many opportunities for growth within the organization. The salary is competitive when you first join, but it is a challenge advancing and receiving a competitive salary.
Overall I really love working for UnitedHealthcare.
Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Love working from home. Lots of training and support. Benefits are good. Coworkers are nice. Flexible hours. Good live and work balance.

Our clients and customers the best!
There i a honest attempt at alot of employment engagementfor wor/blnace life
Claims Adjustment Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible for life outside of work, alot of telecommuting posistions
Cons: benefits are not that great, communication frm management is non existence, and there is no development for employees other than a few online courses
Realistic opportunity for any advancement is slim to none. There is a lot of lateral moves but advancement or additional compensation should not be expected... I consistently received exceeds expectations and must increase I was ever given was $1500 annual raise which was an incenitive for perfect attendanc and perfect performancefor a full 12 month period, other than that.$0.00 -$0.20 an hour is what you can expect.
Telecommuter position or secure office work environment
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: stable tools to assist customers
Cons: tools that's unstable
The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy when I'm able to resolve and issue for them so they can continue working.
wonderful work place with wonderful benifits
Customer service (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 16, 2015
my typical day at work was taking about 80 to 100 calls from members. i learned many things like multitasking at a very fast paste and satisfying the members needs, i also learned many new computer skills. had amazing coworkers and together we helped each other up to lots of new opportunities. hardest part of my job i can say would be the drive but that never stopped me from being at work on time. the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i satisfied the members needs and answered every question the member needed answered to the best of my knowledge.
Sr Administrative Assistant to marketing and development.
SR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2015
Typical day includes supporting six regional managers that travel 100% of the time, as well as the CEO and 17 of his staff located out of state. While the company is great, the benefits are sub par based on out of pocket cost considering it is the insurance provider.

Hardest part of my job is the commute and travel, being a single mother it would be better for me to accept less money and be closer to home so as to not have the work day plus 2.5hrs of commute.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos