UnitedHealth Group
1,941 reviews

UnitedHealth Group United States Employee Reviews

Review
Customer Care Professiona;l (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work was full of over time, not having the help and assistance that is so promised to you at you disposal. Some days were smooth but over all hectic.
Good Place to work Poor Compensation and Benefits
Client Services (Current Employee), FloridaMay 3, 2015
Many of UHC's issues stem from their lack of communication between departments. Often times the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Because of this their is often time confusion when dealing with standard day to day procedures. Systems function well, and it is easy to performs one function, but much of the information out there is incredibly convoluted.

UHC is very good at working with an employee to ensure work/life balance is maintained and in case of emergencies is very often accommodating for an employee to deal with those issues.

Compensation is where they fail largely. Employees who work hard and prove themselves are not given sufficient increases, in comparison to the employees who show up, and just get by. The benefits for a health insurance company are also very lackluster.
Work at Home option
Helping member (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Work at Home
Cons: Making employees plan their PTO 6 months in advance. No sick days. Over worked and under paid.
United Healthcare is a good place to work. The option to work from home is great. Everyone is easy to get along with and they take the time to get to know you. The only thing is that it takes a long time for advancement. Some departments need help and instead of promoting within they just ask other employees in different departments to help on down time.
Great Compensation
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
United Healthcare is a great company to work for, they offer great salaries, even though the raises are scarce. Not a great company for students because they refuse to work with school schedules or offer part time. The management team can be helpful at times but mostly unsupportive, due to the lack of management staff.
Great Company to work for
Provider Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 1, 2015
Pros: Growth opportunity
Cons: At the mercy of The Affordable Care Act
I really enjoyed my time at United Health Group.. I started as a representative, and then was used in a "floor walker" capacity to assist other representatives. After only 2 years as a representative I was promoted from within to a Supervisor role. Great management team, great training department, excellent workforce management team.
Unfriendly environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: No weekends
Cons: the hours
assist Providers and patients with benefits, claims, DDS locations. The team members are friendly to each other as for the company as a whole its not a friendly place to work, the supervisors are rude and not ever available. The hardest part of the job is the system is always freezing up and not reliable. The best part of the job is the people on the phone when you get that one person that just makes your day.
see below
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee), sunrise floridaApril 28, 2015
Auditing calls in a fast paced environment, assist representatives with challenged calls. Assist representatives with calls as well monitor and give feedback to representatives... Most challenging was providing feedback to multiple personalities.
Positive workplace and great employer
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for advancement
Cons: N/A
The Nevada market is the best place to work. My typical work day was never boring, there were always things to learn (new software programs, policies and procedures, etc.). I had the best position working directly with senior management who were top notch. I never felt there was any hard part to my job...I loved every aspect of it.
Great Company
Community and State Billing and Enrollment (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 28, 2015
UHC is a great diverse company to work for, there are many jobs to fit almost anybody. I had learned a great deal of computer skills, as well as information about health insurance. The freedom and flexibility of the workplace was fantastic.
Making a difference
Health Advisor- OJT (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great volunteer and giving back functions
Cons: Limited advancement, lack of flexibilty
My typical day in the office is handling inquiries, educating consumers as well as my fellow colleagues. I enjoy every aspect of trouble shooting and resolving till a favorable solution is met. The major struggle of a days work is not coming to a resolution but knowing there is a commitment to strive for a solution. What I've learned by my management and experience was to progress and grow learning all aspects of the company as possible.
good py, good benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: Government contract
good place to work as long as you don't work on the government contract side of the business. I enjoyed the work, my co-workers and pay and benefits.
Contrator
Customer Service Advocate / OPTUM RX (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 26, 2015
Wonderful company, would return if the correct opportunity presented itself. All departments are different, and that is a great thing.
Unorganized company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2015
Pros: location, downtown close to everything
Cons: too many to list
If you are an introvert, you will fit right in. Very hard to fit in with the clicky tight knit employees. Nobody talks to you. They create a very alienated atmosphere, not conducive to team building or learning new things. Unless you have nice shoes or fancy purses you will fit right in. lol
Job Security Always in questions
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2015
Changes happen quickly and people move around quickly, unfortunately that also means that job security always seems to be in limbo. I also find that the insurance benefits are terrible for employees however that seems to be the standard these days.
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2015
Pros: you are working from mon-friday
Cons: the benefit are to much
The hour and mandatory overtime doesn't give much option especially if you have a family with young children. the benifit are to expenses with the high deductible and high out of pocket .
Ovations @ Hillsboro Field
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 23, 2015
We worked there for my siblings Lacrosse, they were very helpful and taught us how to do the job right. They were extremely fun to be around.
Treats employees with dignity and respect
Business Manager - healthcare call center (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: great benefuts
Cons: Not enough breaks
I managed a team of 4 Supervisors who managed 80 team members.
Main job duties were verifying insurance, providing benefits and
reviewing claims for members and providers.
Room to move around to different departments
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and that always make the work day nice. I learned a lot with this company and was a little disappointed after I moved to a different location that just didn't have the work for me to do. management was good and the company is always offering new things to learn and grow.
Stay away
Pharmacy Operations (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Stressful environment
They don't tell you that you will be telemarketing their services. If members tell you they aren't interested, then you with call them back in 30 days to try again, which leads to angry members that feel harassed and fuss you out on a regular basis. Management has no idea what they are doing so they feel that running the business similar to a sweat shop is the way to go. You will be watch like a hawk every second of the day to be certain you are making calls every second of your eight hour shift. Don't even think about asking for a day off. High turn over.Stay away.
Health Advocate (Current Employee), Amherst, NYApril 21, 2015
The training program they administer is one of the best I have ever experienced and provide a lot of support and resources

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$33,280 per year
Case Manager
$70,000 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main