UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,660 reviews matching the search
Exciting place to work at.
Senior Enrollment Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
It was a wonderful company to work for. They have several departments and different job opportunities to allow for advancements. Also, they provide education reimbursement as well.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
This company is a great place to work. The supervisors are great and empathetic to the plight of their workers. I am paid accordingly for the job that I perform. I feel that upper management treats employees fairly.
great managers
QM HEDIS Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2017
I did remote work from home was awesome and they were well organized. The mangers and staff were helpful and made the job very contract worker friendly.
Great Location
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2017
I greatly appreciate my drive to work and the staff I work with as well. Due to the work culture, work is not work when the atmosphere is relaxed. You are able to meet deadlines in a stress free environment, which makes it all the better.
working at UHC
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 24, 2017
my experience there was not good nor bad. sadly that company DO NOT follow their creed. Unless they get a lawyer involved, they would not reconsider anyone to re-hired and sad the flagged them from the company.
Is sad the company like this one DONT HONOR what they stand for.
benefits
Cons
sadly is you do not get a group to belong to or you are too attractive you are dummed
The Rumors are True
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 24, 2017
The rumors are true. There are tons of opportunities if you are willing to sacrifice your life and well-being to join the organization. I love my work, it is my passion, but within this organization it seems that isn't as important as just getting the job done.

If you are a forward-thinker who wants to save your company money, improve how business is done whether through efficiency or an overhaul of 'how things are done', then this organization is not for you.

If you are someone who just wants to go into work and do what you're told to do, and put in many hours of (unpaid) overtime, then this is the organization for you.

I get the feeling that UHG is making so much money that flagrant waste is completely acceptable. Even when it's hemorrhaging money, it seems health care is making a lot of people rich.

Last note, for a company that deals in health care their benefits are laughable. I worked for a TINY manufacturing company whose benefits were almost identical. They are some of the worst benefits I've ever seen, though I suppose it's better than no benefits at all...
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Casual Work Environment, Room for Advancement
Cons
Benefits, Hours, Lack of Innovation
Excellent experience at Providers Department
Administrative Assistant - Providers Department (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 24, 2017
Great co-workers and supervisor. Worked with documentation sent to medical providers and follow-up to assure documents completion, signatures and all required information,.
Over all good place to work.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 23, 2017
UHC is a large successful company with a positive culture and desire to provide progressive health care. I work on the service side/Optum and there is a desire to proved good care to our members and satisfy accounts paying for the services with our product and performance.
Productive, fast paced, friendly, excellent work environment
Customer Service, Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 23, 2017
Great training for employees. Excellent feed back good and negative. Calls monitored frequently for quality and training. Awesome communication skills with management and co-workers. Plenty of training and on going education. Different events held for employee appreciation.
Pros
Employee moral is great
Cons
Distance during winter
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
This job was enjoyable in that I got to help people all day long with any questions they had about their medical benefits. It only became stressful when we got new management and had to meet so many metrics. I felt that they only cared about numbers and not the members on a personal level.
hospital claims
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 23, 2017
I worked on hospital claims ER, OR Walk in date entry of claims work with all providers print checks mail to providers post eob's call providers if I had a coding issue
Pros
great company all around great benfits
Cons
not a loud to talk with co workers
Good Benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 23, 2017
It is difficult to navigate the system due to the large size of the company. Opportunities to move to multiple areas within the same company. Work from home opportunities!
Grievance Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
Good company for advancement and growth. Good work life balance. Employee benefits could have been better. I had a work from home position which was convenient.
Management is unorganized
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 23, 2017
Management and their training need to get on the same page. Thru the training there is so much that is not taught that when they throw you on the phones you're expected to be ready to go.
Work enviroment
Network Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at UHC even though it was a fast pace hard company. Co-workers were team players, assist in work questions and given directions where to locate old files. There were plenty of opportunity to obtain bonuses by work well done. The company offered opportunities to participate in sponsored events outside the company hours. A very friendly but hard place to work.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Unable to Advance in the Company
Room For Growth
Advocate4Me Rep (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2017
UHCis a company that you dont have to keep you feet planted at. There is monumental room for growth and the supervisors push for growth and advancement.
Pros
Annual raises, Make your own schedule
Cons
The healthcare field is ever changing so you have to be able to adjust to change.
Productive, family oriented, personal involvement, career building
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
United healthgroup is the parent company for optumrx.Com. I am a csa for they're prescription drug plan company. We fill patient's rx via telecommunications, and ship it to their homes.
Pros
Opportunties for growth in such a short time
Cons
Their pc systems are horrible. If they'd improve that, I'd love it triple times more, Than what I do now.
Msla
MSLA Case Coordinator and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 22, 2017
The most unorganized company I have ever worked for. HR and recruiting team are real bad and no one knows how to answer any HR questions. the pay is so low.
Pros
Monday-friday
Cons
low pay, bad HR
Love it
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 21, 2017
Great place to work and i enjoy the people the uniqueness and the fact that everyone has each others backs! Management is great and UHC makes the work day interesting.
Great Company to work for
Senior Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Remote Lake, MNJune 21, 2017
working remotely you can feel isolated, not here! Help was always available! They had a staff of Coders always availabe to help with any coding questions. My superviors were always just one phone call away!!
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Lots of Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval