UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,774 reviews matching the search
overall good place to work
Pre-Service Review RN (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteDecember 2, 2016
The job is virtual/work from home and I have found it a good place to work. However, since it is work from home, they are strict about you always being at your computer unless you're on a break.
Open Work Culture with excellent work life balance
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 2, 2016
I have been working at UHG for some time. The work environment is excellent. It is a big company and not all departments have the same culture. The salary and benefits leave you wanting.
It is a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 2, 2016
The pay is minimal. The over time is manadatry.The company is very large. Over last 5 years the company has gone to a work at home platform. Very hard to find a manager unless you are being corrected.
Pros
Tons of company community activites
Cons
No sick days
Loved the people I worked with but last management unpleasant
Customer Service Representative, admin coodinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 30, 2016
Would love to work for them again but of course under new management. Loved what I did. Loved all my previous supervisors, team lead and managers.
It's ok.
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
It is an ok place to work. There is nothing spectacular to say, you log on the computer, you work, you go to lunch, you log back in, you work some more, you log out and go home. You come back the next day and you do the same thing. The end.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a job
very strict company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
no cell phones on the floor you have to lock away your purses and cell phones in a locker and you can not use paper at all on the call center floor. it is like you are in jail. however it pays the bills.
Results-focused and goal-oriented professional, armed with commendable experience in the health insurance and hospitality industry.
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 30, 2016
Answer anywhere from 60-80 inbound calls on a daily basis assisting health care providers for claims, pre-certification, and benefits.
Most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new each day.
Good & Bad
Military Service Representative - Telecommute (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2016
Good culture of people, the training for the position was really bad. Did not cover anything that we actually do; so not prepared once we got started. Very punitive in nature regarding these issues. Employee accumulates "defects" for items they were not trained on; they call it a "coaching opportunity".
wonderful
Stand Attendant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2016
Fun eventful work days. They gave free food for lunch of your from any stand in the stadium. great team work. i learned a lot i didn't know about basebal.l
Pros
dfree lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great employee culture and great environment for contractors
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 27, 2016
During my current project, I've met with many employees from many different backgrounds. Everyone I met was great to work with and passionate about the work they do.
All you are is a NUMBER! Provider Services Rep
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 27, 2016
UHC Oldsmar is all about your call numbers not about its' employees.Management at best is very young with no experience. It's a good old boy network and if they like you your are not written up with below standard numbers or the days you miss don't count toward your attendance. If you like being a robot this JOB is for you.... If you don't kiss a** you will not be in the click!
Pros
A Job, Nice team members.
Cons
Management, Systems Outdated, No Support
Excellent
Operational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
I love the culture within the company,there is room for advancement as well as competitive pay. I have acquired many skills within the company and the continuous innovation.
Great, positive work envirnment.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 25, 2016
This job was the stepping stone into my bookkeeping background.
I worked directly for the accounting supervisor and the CFO.
Very positive company, with a great benefit package.
Excellent
Seniork Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 23, 2016
I loved my job with this company. I had a great support system and excellent work/family balance. I had a family illness and was able to work through all my crises.
Pros
On-site cafe
Cons
Never a clear direction on where they are going. Too many changes in management.
Senior IT Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 22, 2016
Could be a great place too work. Not a clear focus on the marketplace direction. Hard to accomplish goals with monthly management changes. good coworkers. Ability to work from home, which limited the amount of commute time.
great place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 22, 2016
seems difficult at first but as you start to understand it becomes easier. great place for advancement if you can make it thru the first year.
poor management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 22, 2016
the job itself is a great career, it is a fantastic feeling knowing i made a difference in someones life. I enjoy helping families in need and doing everything i can to solve their issue.
Cons
bad management
Good
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 22, 2016
Worked as a Hadoop developer in United Health Group for nearly 2 years as a fulltime employee in offshore Hyderabad, India location. It is indeed a wonderful experience and team is well managed.
Pros
work from home
Cons
production environment stability
Great
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 22, 2016
It was a professional work environment, where they do take the best care of you possible. Individuals were always friendly and welcoming.
Productive and fun work place
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2016
Great Company! Always working to improve and implement better Service for the Customer. Compassion is very big in this company. Very diverse environment. Everyone knows how to have fun while keeping production the number one priority !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.