UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Dead End Job
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 25, 2017
No advancement. Company started laying off long term employees and they did not give out annual raises. The atmosphere was stressful and they was no compensation for the amount of work we had to do
Cons
stressful, lack of pay, no room for growth
United health, you're future in Metrics
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 25, 2017
I like the job at United for some time, i was really good at it and my co workers and manager where great. It wasn't until after being there for a few years with no advancement that i finished college and moved on to another place to work. the day to day was extremely stressfull as i routinely took up to 100 calls a day. Everyone was graded on metrics , call time, ticket closures, Q&A of calls, which in the end killed it for me, they would rather i spend a few more minutes talking about the end users day, then getting to the point and fixing the issue.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Tedious work day
A fortune 500 company
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2017
UHG is a good place to work, it's a fortune 500 company with great benefits. They also give you the option to work from home in most departments after 6 months.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, Some departments don't offer over-time.
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2017
Great place to work fro self starters. You are provided with everything you neeed to be successful. Great people to work around and a great place to learn and delelop
Steady paycheck and steady growth
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2017
If you're looking for a company that is well respected, has a lot of career advancement opportunities, has a midwestern culture, and doesn't make you work too hard then you should check out UHG.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Not enough work
This company gives you the opportunity to work at your own pace.
Sales Insurance Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I enjoy helping people get the information about healthcare that they need. The company is very well known so it was not terribly hard to sell. I am considered an independent contractor so I am not given a salary per say. It is based on commission. Initially it is very exciting.
Pros
I got to meet many people.
Cons
It requires you follow up a lot.
I like it here
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 23, 2017
Training was very thorough. Your first few months on the floor can be rough, but the more experience you gain, the better you get and the more comfortable you feel. It's a structured environment and you know what's expected of you. The pace is usually fast-one call after another. You get the chance to help people. Local management is good and fair.
The technology is surprisingly old and slow, but they say this is going to change soon, so we shall see. It's straight day shift, off on the weekends, paid holidays, generous PTO. Pay is decent for an office job in this area.
Pros
Structured environment, paid time off, you learn a lot
Cons
Old technology
Employees and Management nice and friedly
HP Printers Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I liked working there. Employees and Management were nice to me.
I got another chance to work my old job and I accepted the new job offer and I left otherwise I was happy to work there
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
Distance to my home.
Cold, callous, anti-personal
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 22, 2017
These people do not know how to treat employees. I was looked down on and treated with such disregard. There was not much support... Just many referrals to one person after the next.
great experiance working at the hospital
Secretary for Post Partum & Nursery (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Enjoyed working with physicians and staff. Everyday learned something new. Lots of room to advance. I worked Evenings. Have a awesome Education program for new employees.
Pros
Can work days or evenings
Cons
you probably are going home late

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
Productive but fun place to work
Advocate Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Its a busy but fun place to work at. There is always something to do and you are always busy on the phones. Its a great company to work for, because they do take care of you as long as you do your job.
Challenging but exciting
Senior IT Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2017
The work at UnitedHealth Group (UHG) was challenging but exciting. My manager was supportive. If you desired, UHG offered you the opportunity to transfer to different areas within the company.
Ok
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Not really a bad place to work, but atmosphere is not ok. Also, the superiors seem to look down on employees, its almost insulting. I did have a great supervisor but I noticed others who weren't so fair.
Good place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterSeptember 21, 2017
Very grateful for my time at United. I worked there for over 12 years and felt I was paid fairly and contributed to very challenging and rewarding work.
Office Job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed working here if you don't mind being on the phones, the schedule and hours were good. During peak season there were opportunities for OT. Hardest part was listening to disgruntled customers.
Poor Management
Operational Trainer for Customer Service Dept (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
Managers are very sneaky and take your approach for advancement personal and you become a target. They do not follow HR policies. You have to be in the chosen team to advance and get raises. I know I was in the chosen team and saw how unfair others were treated. The pay rate was not fair for those management didn't like.
Only negative is the management
Heart Failure Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Everything that has to do with this company is amazing, the only exception being their management. Management for the most part was not compassionate with their employees.
great company
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 21, 2017
the company is a very relaxed atmosphere where work is good intent nothing to stressful. great schedule. staff members are workable. family orientated
Very rewarding job
Healthcare Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my job with United Healthcare, it was very rewarding and I would love to go back. The only reason I had to leave was because of personal reasons I had to relocate and the company didnt have a job opening in the area where I was going to move to.
Pros
Growth Potential
Life of a night hawk
Telehealth Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2017
A typical night at work is I answer calls from Members to help assist with their needs. I love working from home, management is attentive. I've learned you can assist people with their needs via phone. The hardest part of the job is not being able to see, touch or feel the member to assess, getting better with auditory assessment. What I enjoy about my job is when I have helped a member and they are so grateful.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Assessment via telephone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.