UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,126 reviews matching the search
Pros of United Health
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
United Health is a great place to work. Management is wonderful. They are very family oriented. They take the time to help the workers in anything that is needed
Great Place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. The only reason I left was because I was a temp and I needed more money to sustain myself. My bills were bigger than my income so I had to leave.
Fast pace workplace
calling agent representative (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INSeptember 20, 2017
It was a very fast pace workplace. Learned to talk to prescribers and Pharmacist to get medications for the 65 years and older members. Helped them get the most out of their insurance.
ok place to work
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Ok place to work, large company, departments did not know what the other was doing, relied on management to keep each department updated in a timely manner
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constantlychanging management
Relaxed pace
Senior Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Have to be willing to adjust to change on a moment notice. Seems like you have to k kw people higher up to advance. You take on multiple roles even supervisor roles when handling calls
It's everyone for themselves
Senior Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2017
There was no teamwork. Everyone was left struggling. Management had no interest in providing support or even understanding roadblocks. The environment is top down where individual contributors are treated like cattle and essentially excluded except to provide management information to make decisions they are ill equipped to make
Innovation and Collaboration
Practice Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 19, 2017
This is a great organizational to work for. They take into consideration any concerns from the employees. N/A..,,,,,N/A. This company has great benefits and care about their workers.
Very stressful
Sr Operational Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2017
This company is tops in their field. However, the jobs are contingent upon government contracts. The work environment is very fast paced and extremely stressful due to trying to maintain job performance expectations.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Very stressful
Good Company
Acis Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here, they care about their employees and compensation is good. The work can be hard at times but not impossible to learn. I would recommend working for them.
Productive and opportunity to telecommute
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
What i really liked about working at United was that i was able to work from home. I had a 14 year working history so I learned so much and was able to work in different positions within the department I was part of. Communication was key.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Team was scattered and never met them in person.
Decent company
Database Administration (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Company has many merger sites and they are not fully integrated with the main organization. It gets interesting to balance the wants and needs of these two within the parent organization.
Pros
Core organization of UHG is driven by clear directions and purpose
Cons
Local fiefdoms within the M&A entities
Responsibility
Customer Service Advocate/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 19, 2017
I liked the job responsibility which totally fits my personality. Fast-pace, outgoing, excelling, determined, advocate for the member, fast changes, .
Pros
advocate4me options - extend yourself
Enjoyed people I worked with
Operations Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Was a job that could be good and bad sometimes. I guess more important was the people you work with it the most important thing. I like to work with people I can count on everyday!
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TexasSeptember 19, 2017
Very proactive learning program with skilled Managers and very efficient Office Equipment. Training was excellent with reviews regularly to make sure you are learning the material.
Pros
Office was very modern.
Cons
Lunch was too short.
Good for a start
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. SR.-LICENSED (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 19, 2017
This place is to build your resume. In the beginning it all seem well until you are being forced to sale AARP memberships to keep your job. Systems are always having errors and you still have to take calls which effects your scores for sales causing you to miss the goal for the month but you are still reliable for their errors.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor Benefits and stocks.
ok place to work if you have the right position
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2017
this company was very unfair with doing overtime when it came to computers and system failure. Their expectations were unreasonable and not family friendly.
Great Company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working for United Healthcare. I began as a Credential Coordinator and moved up quickly to Provider Information Management Trainer and then on to Business Analyst. I traveled quite a bit do perform training, which I loved. I met lots of new people as a Trainer which I also enjoyed. I think the most difficult part of the job was when my children were small and having to travel 3 weeks at a time. But they are grown now so travel is an advantage for me.
Pros
Love to get to travel and work with so many people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Cons
I really do not have any cons.
Global Support Emergency Specialist
Global Support Emergency Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 18, 2017
The job itself can be very difficult and high stress, however the major problem is caused by management. We are unfairly audited and expected to confirm to typical call center standards although this is not a typical call center role. I have never received a raise or bonus during my time with this company. There is a lack of support/sense of team spirit.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 18, 2017
Received inbound calls from members, Made sure that coverage was active. Took payments from member, Helped if they needed help with website. potlucks.
United HealthCare
Subject matter expert (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 18, 2017
The company expected strong work ethics and provides an fast paced work environment. Uses the team concept in all departments.
Managers are given the facts at review time that NOT ALL employees can be ones that met or exceeds standards. SOMEONE has to be selected on the team as a less than meets requirements. Can advance if your supervisor supports you.
Pros
Full time positions/Telecommuter Jobs
Cons
Slow salary increase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval