UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,131 reviews matching the search
enjoy sales
Managing General Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2016
I've enjoyed working with the clients and products. I am a self employed broker. This company has gone through major changes annually since I have worked with them.
Very Limiting
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 25, 2016
Okay job so long as you don't expect the opportunity for advancement within the company. Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE compensation. Every year, we took a survey and every year the compensation would be a big negative but they gloss over it as though they don't care (And they probably don't!) Health benefits were also lousy, with a high deductible. Day to day job functions were okay but competent supervisors were never a guarantee! Good co-workers for the most part.
Pros
Generous PTO, stock options if you could afford to buy in
Cons
Compensation, Health benefits
clean friendly environment
concierge (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day within my office consists of arriving promptly to set up my work station, and within minutes of settling into my cubicle being informed of the latest scuttlebutt du jour - regardless if I wish to hear it or not. Once the shift has started, I field incessant, repetitive, and mundane phone calls, repeating the same information ad nauseum to people who've heard it 10,000 times before, yet still ask questions and become irate as if our processes are totally foreign to them. You are not allowed to place callers on hold, even if their issue requires brief research to be resolved. There is often NO break in between calls, and breaks are often cancelled depending on which way the wind blows.
Manager of Care Management
Manager of Care Management (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2016
Fielding calls from care coordinators, assuring that members needs are met. Many deadlines are required to be met. Constantly used to having to shift priorities. Provide coaching with new and seasoned employees. Interviewing, hiring and onboarding new staff.
Pros
Flexibility in hours as long as job is done on time
Cons
Many competing demands
Awesome Job
Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 23, 2016
I am a behavioral health Care Advocate for UnitedHealth Group. I work from home and went home full-time after 4-6 months. I take calls from mental health and substance abuse facilities that are requesting authorizations for our members. I am in a phone queue all day and take clinical information from providers. UnitedHealth Group is growing and there is job security. I have referred 10 friends to UnitedHealth Group and the majority of them have stayed over 1 year. The salary for a Care Advocate with UHG is better than any hospitals or facilities. The company is constantly growing and changing for the better; the stock speaks for it's self!
Pros
work from home, normal business hours, holidays off, 15% stock option discount, vested after 2 years of employment, spot awards/bonuses, 23 Days of PTO and 28 days after being w/company for 5 years
Cons
raises could be better for a Fortune 500 Company, Very Busy
it enjoyed working over there
Workday integration consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
i really enjoyed each and every moment i spent in my office because people over there are freindly and very polite and atmosphere for working is very pleasent over there
very diverse with lots of opportunity
Practice Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
worked as a telecommute so there was no drive into the office. I set up my own schedule as far as provider visits go. I learned a lot of information in regards to Medicare my past two years. The previous 20 plus years were focused on the commercial side. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relations with the physicians and working with my coworkers. My current role has a direct impact on our seniors' health in working with closing HEDIS measures. The hardest part of the job is the initiatives that are rolled out by management aren't effective and can not be administered at times.
Pros
Telecommute and managed my accounts
Cons
initiatives weren't effective and accurate data was a challenge
Great work enviorment
Proudcer Help Deck (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 20, 2016
I loved everything about this job every one is so nice and kind, if there is ever a problem you have plenty of people to turn to.
Pros
when the BIG BOSS is intown he buys everyone lunch or dinner
Cons
lots of overtime during AEP
It feels like a family
data entry (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Benefits are great, and working in corporate office with get to have a bit of fun, while still focus on our mission. I always wait for the Christmas parties. It's what gets me through the whole year of chaos.
nice enough people but green
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Loved the team of people that I supervised but the management team was green and lacked ability to properly assess and make decisions.
Out of date computer systems and rely on Excel products entirely too much.
Pros
work at home options
Cons
worst benefits package of any company I've ever worked for
Position with great deal of responsibility.
Medical Behavioral Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJanuary 20, 2016
My positioned covered the state of Maryland for medical, behavioral and substance abuse coordination and case management needs.
Stay away from a per diem position
Nurse practitioner- House Calls (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 19, 2016
I was employed as a per diem NP in House Calls.
This was in 2013.
Overall- the EMR was fine.
I found that the driving, and pay structure were terrible. If the client was not at home, you did not get paid for the visit. I think it was different for the part time and full time NP's.
The training was good, intense but OK.
The management was terrible, and I cannot say this in any other way than horrible. We had a 1500 year flood in my part of the state, our roads were closed, frequently washed away, and I was expected to go to flood ravaged area's ( where frequently the clients had been evacuated to another area by the National Guard) . She had no idea and didn't care. All she had to do was listen to the local news, or look out her window.
I have been an NP for many years, and can only warn you to stay away from this particular group and UHC.
It sounds good in theory, but it is very different in reality. This was the most stressful and dangerous job I have ever put myself in.
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Pay structure is unreliable, management is terrible.
Productive and Fun working place with proper work/life balance
Business Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 19, 2016
Great working at UHG
Lot of things to learn
Management is great and supportive
Had a great working team
Sometimes deviations from co-workers when my support is required
Had lots of happy moments at UHG
Robots
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Don't talk just work call center environment, need to meet your quotas even when there's no work during the holidays it still counts against you for not meeting your quota. Complicit management, in order to obtain promotion, shady-shady-shady supervisors/managers. But you knew that already.

Great place to get a paycheck, but you have to put in the overtime.
Pros
Overtime money
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Highly skilled Hadoop Administrator has extensive knowledge of multiple scripting and programming languages.Posses strong abilities in administration
Hadoop Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 18, 2016
When there is a lot of tickets to be solved
Have learned a lot resolving unknown issues
management and co workers are not a crucial part of the job
Nice family-like workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 17, 2016
The people were great to work with and treated you like family. Their policies and guidelines were not ideal. They refused to close for horrible weather.
Pros
Nice people, consistent hours with some overtime, plenty of training
Cons
very strict schedule adherence, strict attendence guidelines, not so great insurance
Productive and always ready to learn.
Benefits Advocate (Current Employee) –  Norrh CarolinaJanuary 17, 2016
Answering incoming calls from member wanting to get additional information about their benefits. Helping members decide on what doctors they would like to go to that will take their benefits.
Pros
Good work hours
Great Place To Work
Sr. Installation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 16, 2016
UHG is a great company with alot of opportunities to the right individual. I am grateful to have landed an employment in this company. Great Staffs and Great Management.
Pros
Great Incentive Programs
Good Entry Level position
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJanuary 15, 2016
Data entry, this job dealt with inputting enrollment applications into the system and reviewing medical conditions and prescriptions which needed to be reviewed by an underwriter for approval prior to acceptance. As an Enrollment specialist we also needed to respond to correspondence for customers.
Pros
Good Entry level job
Cons
Pay was not very good for a family
Pruductive an fun place to work
INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2016
spoke to medicare patients on there medical needs with united health care also spoke to providers to give members benefits and correct dept if needed authorizations for hospital admissions.
Pros
fun employees to work with and good benefit package
Cons
thought pay back then could of been more competitive with other health care companies