UnitedHealth Group

2.2K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

MICHELEN MURRAY
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL II (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: GETTING TO INTERACT WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE
Cons: BEING JUDGE ON WHAT YOU DON'T DO RIGHT, OVER WHAT YOU DO
WORKING FOR UHC, I STARTED THERE IN 2012 IN THE M&R DEPARTMENT, ASSISTING MEMBERS WITH THERE CLAIMS AND BENEFITS QUESTIONS. I LEARNED THAT WITHIN THIS COMPANY YOU HAVE TO BE A TRUE GO GETTER AND HAVE HIGH QUALITY GOALS. MY CO-WORKERS AND SUPERVISOR WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH AND I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM MY SUPERVISOR THERE, IN REGARDS TO MYSELF AND MY WORK ETHICS. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB, WAS NOT BEING ABLE TO VOICE YOURSELF WHEN THE CUSTOMER ON THE OTHER END IS USING FOUL LANGUAGE AND BEING CALLED EVERYTHING, BUT MY NAME. I ENJOYED BEING ABLE TO TRAVEL FOR THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA EDUCATING MEMBERS ABOUT UHC PLANS.
Loved telecomuting and working from home.
Medical Care Case Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: customer satifaction not a priority
Job was wonderful until the merging with Optum. Then it was all about money, profit and how many calls a day that should be completed. When I originally started, it was all about the customer, the vendors and the medical community bringing them all together to provide the best healthcare possible. Now, all for profit, downsizing staff, expecting more with less.
Love it
Provider Representative (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNAugust 12, 2015
the only bad thing I could say about this I didn't like working weekends. It is a excellent job and the people are wonderful to work for especially the doctors and nurses.
My thoughts on uhc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), roanoke vaAugust 11, 2015
Cons: won't pay me the raise, favortism
uhc is not terrible but I personally I am not happy right now I would recommend others to work here for the pay.I have worked here for 2 years almost and still I am unable to move up.
Good company bad hours
Interim Supervisor (Current Employee), Chico, CAAugust 11, 2015
They make you work 2 hours of OT each day. I really enjoyed the management while working there. In closing I would work for them again but I need to change companies to get a higher salary.
Senior Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia,mdAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good place to work.
Cons: Very busy.
Good professional environment to work with. Environment friendly.
various social and volunteer opportunity available.
Very fast paced
Sr. Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Telecommute if necessary
It's a very fast paced work environment with good colleagues. Very deadline driven. Had very good teammates and all worked toward the same goals. Very ethical business.
Great Benefits but Poor Management Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
This is a good company to work for ONLY because of the benefits that comes along with it. If you would like to deal with an unprofessional management team along with an unprofessional staff, then this is the job for you! Have fun with constant work drama, leads telling you the wrong information and you taking the fall for it. Don't be in the bathroom for longer than they think is acceptable, you'd get emails and buzzes. I had high hopes for this company but maybe the department I was in was just horrible. Maybe it will be better for you.
Operational Support, Accts Receivable, Claims Processing
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Duluth, MNAugust 8, 2015
Within 10 years of being with this company, I have been able to move up within the field. Must be willing to work many hours in any given week and as well as weekends.
Excellent Team Attitude
Coordination of Benefits, City and State (Current Employee), Duluth, MNAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Questions are always appreciated.
Cons: Some lapses in training produce inadaquate data entry.
The team I work with is full of driven individuals who work incredibly well as a team. The supervisors and SME's work hard to organize and communicate process changes to the team effectively.
Insurance Company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2015
United Healthcare was the first type of job that I had working with health insurance.
I worked in the claim adjusting department. This department processed claims that were not paid originally.
We had to research and correct the issue on our end; however once we find the error we have to contact the doctors office and advised the problem could be corrected if the write UB code or other issue that corrected the claim. We could not tell the doctors office what the correct code or issue was.
Great company to work for.
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: room for advancement, benefits
Cons: micro-management, salary
United Health Group is an umbrella company under United Health Care, a well known insurance company. It has great benefits and offers a wide variety of positions.
n/a
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 6, 2015
Pros: work as a team
Cons: frequent changes
excellent place to work with good management . I love the flexibility ,the hardest part of the job is the frequent changes .
Great place to work, very convenient
PCRS/Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), st, louisAugust 5, 2015
Great job, i work from home so it's very convenient, very hands on and detailed, very independent work, no micro managing
You get what you put in.
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 5, 2015
Pros: the training is there for you to grab ahold of
Cons: healthcare isnt very good for you working for a healthcare company
If you put in the work and work with your manager they will provide a work environment were you can grow. I just wanted to go back into production/assembly or warehouse. Co-workers are used to usually making a little more if they have experience but this is part of some companies. Hardest part of the job was the phone calls and hearing from providers that UHC was the worst offender on certain policies or logic on reimbursement.
productive
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), houston, txAugust 4, 2015
Nice environment to be in. Friendly staff, and nice customers. Job paid well it was just too far and I didn't have a car or dependable rides. I have a car now but theyre not hiring.
Great team members, questionable management, poor morale, high turnover
Clinical Claims Review Director (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 3, 2015
Workload greatly exceeded work day and weekends in this small department contributed to poor morale. Overall emphasis on cost savings, not the member or provider.
UnitedHealth Group. Is one of the leading providers of medical, dental and life insurance services. Company provides solutions to both individual and
QA EDI tester (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2015
• Wrote Test scenarios to perform thorough Testing and validate the weekly feed data, based on business requirements.
• Performed smoke, functional, integration and regression testing of the website.
• Involved in Testing of HIPAA EDI Transactions (835,837,820,276) in various phases of implementation.
• Analyzed HIPAA EDI transactions in XML and X12 responses and of 270 and 276 and looked for defects – more... for amendment.
• Did data analysis for various version changes of EDI messages on different sub-systems.
• Performed Database testing using SQL queries
• Performed backend testing for data validation using SQL Queries.
• Executed SQL statements to check if the data integrity has been maintained.
• Executed SQL statements to test the integration between application and database
• Performed negative and positive testing using SQL Queries
• Writing SQL Procedures & Batch Processes.
• Executed SQL queries to retrieve data from tables and to create views and perform backend testing
• Writing Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Matrix.
• Was part of the Lean workshop as part of the Six Sigma adaption and provided lean ideas on various workflows.
• Manual Testing for checking the flow of the application functionality.
• Created and worked with Data requirements for various testing purposes.
• Investigated application bugs, reported & tracked testing process in the bug tracking using Quality Center.
• Analyzed the existing business scenario and understood the business rules.
• Developed design specification writing Test Reports & documenting test results.
• Tested modified/new Oracle forms and database using SQL for its functionality.
• Frequently communicated with developers and senior QA team members to assist in the clarification of technical issues – less
United Health Group, a is part of a family of companies that finances and delivers vital health care services to about 1.9 million people across upsta
QA Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
• Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap/Medsupp & commercial insurances in HIPAA ANSI X12 5010 formats including 270,271, 276, 277,278, 834, 835, 837, 997, NPI, ICD 9, ICD 10 codes.
• Involved in testing HIPAA EDI transactions and mainly focused on NJ and NY member eligibility transactions.
• Monitoring the defect life cycle, generating customized graphs and reports for the client, using Quality – more... Center.
• Monitoring the defect life cycle, generating customized graphs and reports for the client, using Quality Center.
• Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
• Expertise in Member Enrollment, Subscriber/Member, Billing, and Claims Modules of Facets.
• Experience with creating, designing, testing, and executing test cases covering all test conditions and eliminating redundancy and duplications
• Used Quality Center for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test scripts.
• Tested the Membership and claims files (XML) in Facets.
• Enrolled members through online screens for 270,271,276,278,834, 835, and 837 Transactions to Facets.
• Tested Subscribers/Providers and claims in Facets. – less
Great place and environment to work
Project Manager/Analyst (Former Employee), Cypress, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, great benefits
Cons: Pay could be better
I really enjoyed my stay when I worked at UnitedHealth, if I was not laid off I am sure I would still be there. The leadership, management and culture of the department that I worked in was second to none. They seem to genuinely care for the employees and how and what was needed to be productive. There was always a discussion which included all employees, on a number of issues. Management did take into consideration what the front line personnel had to express.
The hardest part for me was working so far away from home, and when I talked to my boss about this problem he arranged for me to work from home. I would recommend UnitedHealth as a great place to be employed and good for advancement.
Headquarters