UnitedHealth Group
1,547 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Looking because currently telecommute/ Office in Minn.
Sr Financial Analyst/Finance and Accounting (Current Employee), Telecommute/Minn.October 6, 2014
Pros: open
Cons: opem
Great group and Company; Currently work at home and would like to get on with a solid company here in Denver.
A great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingston, NYOctober 6, 2014
Very supportive environment. Not a lot off room for advancement.
Referal Management Specialist
Referral Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 6, 2014
Processed medical referrals for the Military and Veterans department, coordinated and delegated referrals to requested medical providers and or redirected to in network medical providers.
Customer service rep
Customer Service (Former Employee), Concord, NCOctober 6, 2014
• Receive inbound calls from participants with regards to Medicare Plan or other supplement Plans
• Answer participant questions, as well as question participants to obtain full understanding of what information is being requested.
• Document all calls with regards to participant inquires accurately using Call Tracking System.
• Monitor Call Tracking – more... for responses from administrative team so call returns are done in a timely fashion.
• Knowledge of products
• Communicate clearly and effectively with participants.
• Promote good listening skills. – less
Well compensated
Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I've learned a great deal at UHG.
I was able to work my way up the corporate ladder.
I have a great team.
OK place to work
IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJOctober 5, 2014
Better to start on the ground floor there and work your way up.
Good Job for a Great Company
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 2, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for United Health Group. They have a great training program and very helpful staff.
Looking for a C-level position in a positive workplace.
Office Manager, E&I Legal and Regulatory (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 2, 2014
Pros: relationships and integrity
Cons: hmmmm....i've never consciously looked for cons within an organization.
I excel at collegial engagement with C-level executives and their assistants. I enjoy the rigors and the needs of each C-level executive - each is a distinct personality with specific needs that need to be accommodated.
I also enjoy engaging with outside planners and travel agents who lend their expertise to offsite meetings and travel planning. I also – more... enjoy working with outside administrative people who represent their bosses to my company - a win-win situation for both of us.
I also enjoy engaging with the postal people, the supply people and the building security people - all have rules they must follow and I am willing to work with them to accomplish my daily tasks. I like IT people - they have to have enquiring minds in order to help a person with a problem. I like how they think and respond.
Needless to say nothing is too hard to do if you have good office relationships. – less
Fun and high energy, yet stressful
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 30, 2014
This job was very easy to manage work and life balance. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to daily changes to the workload.
UHG
Service Account Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: unitedhealthgroup as a whole
Cons: unitedhealthcare military and veterans
UHG was a wonderful company to work for. Optum management took time to understand the needs of their employees. They were fair and decent. UnitedHealthcare Military and Veterans leadership needs more refinement to merge with the culture of the overall organization. The military and veterans side of the business is only focused on making money and doesn't – more... support their staff of the people the military community they serve. I am a military spouse and I did not receive any support during our transcontinental transition. What was so offensive is that their leadership team is former military. They lack of compassion and knowledge is something to be investigated at the Federal level. – less
Stable Work Enviroment
Appeals Resoultion Analyst (Former Employee), Duluth, MNSeptember 29, 2014
Evaluated and processed claims and appeals in compliance within timely filing and all policy and procedures
Took initiative and worked under minimal supervision
Review and verify data, such as age, name, address and all other pertinent confidential data
Examine appeal letters and any other documents to determine if changes are needed and effect of changes
Transcribe – more... data to worksheets and enter data for use in preparing documents
Assisted in the legal department in verifying fraudulent claims and/or providers.
Proficient in Diamond, Facets, GFLX, CAMS, platforms and many more – less
UHG was a decent employer.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2014
resolving and trouble shooting incorrectly processed claims. on a typical day I corresponded with providers, customers and management to resolve problems and update account information wile explaining member benefits and answering questions about coverage. Management did not seem very organized. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. the hardest part – more... of the job was the constant changes in policy and procedures. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to put the customers at ease by resolving customer concerns. – less
the job!?
Medicare and Medicaid Administrator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2014
i love working for the company because they provide the access to excel!
Highly nimble organization
Senior Underwriter, National Accounts (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2014
Good underwriting organization. Well managed by the National Accounts Underwriting VP
Benefits are dismal and the company steals your PTO
FINANCE MANAGER (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 26, 2014
So, all jobs have positive and negative aspects. UnitedHealth has great sounding policies, but the application of such policies is spotty. Managers actions are arbitrary if the manager is arbitrary.

UnitedHealth stands out with respect to employee benefits. You can only roll over 40 hours of PTO into the new year, which does not allow anyone to have – more... a few weeks of PTO on reserve in case of ill health. HOWEVER, if you quit or are fired you do not receive any pay for accumulated PTO. If you give notice any scheduled PTO is cancelled. The company has the option to pay you for PTO if they lay you off. As a manager I know this is a STUPID policy. Instead of giving me two weeks notice, an employee is going to call in sick for two weeks if they have two weeks of accrued PTO and give no notice. I have never given less than two weeks notice, but I will to UHG.

Employee health insurance is very bad but the most concerning part is that your health insurance records show up in the employee health incentive workpapers. Do I really want my personal info included in employee health incentive records? Claims are frequently denied for covered items. You need to question everything. One time I was told that the claim was coded incorrectly which is why it was not paid, when in fact the correct info was on my health incentive page.

All in all, the benefits are not good. Your success will depend on your specific manager and whether or not your manager reports to a good manager. – less
Clinical Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), TelecommuteSeptember 25, 2014
Overall, United is a great place to work. I have learned alot from and have advanced from the positions I held so far. There is plenty of room for advancement. People are friendly. I really like United provides telecommuting oppprtunities.
Productive & fun workplace
Financial Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of an innovative team that supports one another.
Great place to work.
TRS Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee), raleigh ncSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy working for united health group! its a great company
great place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Lead Customer Service Representative
Assisted and oversaw employees with member and provider issues relating to health insurance.
Received/handled over 150 provider calls daily.
Consistently scored in the top five percentile on quality award measures
Productive company, multiple learning experiences
Customer Care Representative - ICS Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2014
At UHC I was given the opportunity to cross train in several areas. The training was not only enjoyable, but effective. We had a wonderful team of people that did not mind helping one another. The most enjoyable part of my job was being of service. I love making a difference.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos