UnitedHealth Group
1,983 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Productive, whole lot experience gained
Senior Customer Service Operator (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: foodcourt inside building
Cons: short breaks and lunches
A typical day at work is mostly only the phone. Answering about 30-60 incoming calls per day on average. Management is a bit complicated since they hired 100+ staffs at once.
Great environment
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 13, 2015
Great people, great guest, overall great experience!
Would totally recommend. Teaches you a lot, and willing to take the time to make sure you get it.
not worth
Specalty Client Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
thyere very unorganized from training and beyond.. systems dont work and they is alwasy a gray area so about 90% wer're just as confused as the members. my manager is hardly at work and when he is, he is on a project to help better his own career. and the for this to be benefit administrators, employss have some od the worst benefits. ive heard that multple time from my own dentists,smh.
Lead Phleb
LEAD PHLEBOTOMIST CPT 1 (Current Employee), San Diego caMay 11, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: long drives
A typical day for me is setting up at a wellness event and drawing anywhere between 80 - 200 people in four hour shifts. I am then responsible to pack and get blood ready to ship out.
Great starting job
Portfolio Sales Agent (Current Employee), MinnesotaMay 11, 2015
Great place to work and a great position to start within a big company. Typical call center job where all day is monitored and tracked.
fast paced work
Senior Customer First Rep (Current Employee), Onalaska WiMay 7, 2015
Cons: low pay
Days go fast processing medical claims & assisting Providers & members with benefits & claims information.Telecommute opportunities are great but the compensation & recognition is very low.
employer
Customer Care Rep Lead (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 7, 2015
Pros: The pay is competitive the benefits are an area of improvement.
Cons: This company does not have much work life balance support
the daily work is highly stressful. learned a lot about the health care industry. this is a very diverse working environment I had great co-workers. This employer does not support work/life balance.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Minor advancement for customer service reps.
The company is great for individuals who don’t mind working in a call center environment and who can adapt to constant change. There is little advancement on the customer service side of the company but many opportunities for individuals who have experience with claims, clinical administration, case management, and other healthcare departments.
A fun, non-stressful company to work with.
Long Term Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work is calling members and asking a series of questions, entering the information on computer.
I learned the benefits of having TN-Care.
Most of management was very helpful and friendly. There was one that was two-faced.
My co-workers were fantastic.
Sitting all day was the toughest part of the job.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Customer Service
Customer Care Professional, United Healthcare (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: Hard to get a manger position
Every day that I get to work I always try my best to go the extra mile to help all of our customer. As well as my co-worker and management staff the hardest part of my job is when one of my customer is not satisfy. the most important thing about my job I was about to provide the best customer service to all of my customers
Great culture with a tremendous emphasis on the consumer experience
Learning Solutions - Senior Ops. Trainer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
I have learned an incredible amount in this company and have grown exponentially. Every drop of knowledge I gained in this company,I had to obtain on my own. You have to be self driven and self motivated in order to truly find the hidden jewel in the experience of working in management in this company. Had it not been for my past management experience I'm not sure how far I would have gotten with this company. The glass ceiling is there and boy is it obvious, but others are still tricked into thinking that there is plenty of opportunity. My management experience in this company was exceptionally rewarding. I must say though that once you become a threat to someone's job because of your talent and gifts, you will quickly be eliminated. United is a great compay, but I am tired of dodging bullets and trying to make friends in order to keep my job.
the job is okay for gaining experience
Claims resolution specialist/Benefit specialist (Current Employee), Sugarland, TexasMay 6, 2015
Pros: xbox and zin room
Cons: monitored breaks no sick time not enough pto
overall rating is that you can get ahead at this company if you are liked or popular but if you are not a well recieved or like by your peers or supervisor no matter how good of a job you do they will not recommend you for any promotions. The favortism is not very professional at all.
Outstanding Global Organization
Senior Provider Relations Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting
Cons: Advancement opportunities limited
The company is a pioneer in the healthcare arena with numerous awards to its credit. I have learned much in my tenure and hope to continue learning.
Productive and fun place to work
Health Insurance (Former Employee), Chicago, IlMay 4, 2015
Pros: Team players
Cons: Short lunch break
United Healthcare was a very friendly place to work. United Healthcare was very productive and care about their employees. I learned to get alone with my co-workers under tact authority. I have become a team player with this company.
Review
Customer Care Professiona;l (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work was full of over time, not having the help and assistance that is so promised to you at you disposal. Some days were smooth but over all hectic.
Good Place to work Poor Compensation and Benefits
Client Services (Current Employee), FloridaMay 3, 2015
Many of UHC's issues stem from their lack of communication between departments. Often times the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Because of this their is often time confusion when dealing with standard day to day procedures. Systems function well, and it is easy to performs one function, but much of the information out there is incredibly convoluted.

UHC is very good at working with an employee to ensure work/life balance is maintained and in case of emergencies is very often accommodating for an employee to deal with those issues.

Compensation is where they fail largely. Employees who work hard and prove themselves are not given sufficient increases, in comparison to the employees who show up, and just get by. The benefits for a health insurance company are also very lackluster.
Work at Home option
Helping member (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Work at Home
Cons: Making employees plan their PTO 6 months in advance. No sick days. Over worked and under paid.
United Healthcare is a good place to work. The option to work from home is great. Everyone is easy to get along with and they take the time to get to know you. The only thing is that it takes a long time for advancement. Some departments need help and instead of promoting within they just ask other employees in different departments to help on down time.
Great Compensation
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
United Healthcare is a great company to work for, they offer great salaries, even though the raises are scarce. Not a great company for students because they refuse to work with school schedules or offer part time. The management team can be helpful at times but mostly unsupportive, due to the lack of management staff.
Great Company to work for
Provider Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 1, 2015
Pros: Growth opportunity
Cons: At the mercy of The Affordable Care Act
I really enjoyed my time at United Health Group.. I started as a representative, and then was used in a "floor walker" capacity to assist other representatives. After only 2 years as a representative I was promoted from within to a Supervisor role. Great management team, great training department, excellent workforce management team.
Unfriendly environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: No weekends
Cons: the hours
assist Providers and patients with benefits, claims, DDS locations. The team members are friendly to each other as for the company as a whole its not a friendly place to work, the supervisors are rude and not ever available. The hardest part of the job is the system is always freezing up and not reliable. The best part of the job is the people on the phone when you get that one person that just makes your day.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$14.00 per hour
Advisor
Senior Customer Service Representative
$32,000 per year
Customer Care Supervisor

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main