UnitedHealth Group
1,729 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Great opportunities for advancement
Group Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: work was very stressful at times
Work was interesting and challenging to correctly enroll or renew group health insurance policies. Working with a team was affective since every one helped every one to process groups.
Job was disappointing
Provider Rapid Resolutions Expert (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2015
I did not enjoy working directly with the providers to resolve their issues because I was not actually held accountable due to the fact that I was not able to process any adjustment on their dispute. I recorded the dispute and sent my findings to an adjustor. The provider usually called back unsatisfied because the adjustor did not make the correct adjustment.
Innovative and exciting
Manager of Medical & Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: medical benefits could be better
Never a boring day at UHC. Everyday brings on new challenges in which we are able to help people live healthier lives. Senior leadership is innovative and always keeps things exciting. We are a culture of giving back and that is evident in all of the volunteer work that is done by many of UHC employees.
Great work place
Producer Help Desk/HI Health Innovations (Former Employee), Minnetonka MnJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: helping
Helping customers with there issues. Having team meetings.
Review and payment of medical claims
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Payment of medical claims and researched for necessary information/data needed to pay correctly.
Good Company
Provider Install Rep/Claims & Provider Service (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: alot of outsourcing
It was a good job but they do alot of outsourcing!
 Navigating and multitasking through databases and diverse servers
 Keeping extinctive records of incoming contracts and operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information
Good company
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 8, 2015
I learned a lot at this job. It gave me a good incite into the business. They also try to be focused on employee satisfaction.
terrible management team
pharmacy tech (Former Employee), optum rxJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: everything
Management is terrible. Have 5 core value that company go by but management do not care. Expect you to follow the company value. You work independently but they will measure your time you get up from your desk it could be for restroom break or water break does not matter. Training is terrible. Worst experience.
Exciting environment, very motivational
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: consistent learning
Cons: i had to relocate and resign
I loved everything about this company, after 2 weeks of employment, I was asked to help with new hire training and with peers. After time passed by, i was on several special projects to simplify job functions, opportunity was presented to introduce new directions of the company in a sales environment and quality of calls were awesome. Very well structured, organized, and internal growth opportunities were always available.
Not worth the time....
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: poor management above direct supervisors.
I worked there for 2 years and they were OK at the start. I did have excellent trainers, however once I got out on the floor things soon changed. Yes, call centers can be very stressful. Micromanaging is terrible with them. They set goals that are all but impossible to reach. My direct managers were wonderful, and one business manager was great, however that manager transferred to another branch. Her replacement was a very cold, and severe manager. She did not seem to care about her employees, just the numbers. Also, beware that if you work there awhile, they will start saying they are getting ready to do a large hiring campaign and the next thing you know people start getting terminated left and right for the stupidest reasons. I would never work for this company again. They treat their employees terribly. The health plans that the employees get are awful. The only good thing was the pay.
Busy environment with lots of work - typically would work more than 45+ hours per week
Senior Project Manager/Product Manager (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule - allowed telecommuting when needed
Cons: expectation that you would work over 45 hours on a consistent basis
Lots of work - keeps you very busy. Working above 40 hours a week on a consistent basis. The best part of the job is the people you work with - they are all very interested in putting together a good insurance product.
United Healthcare Group
Clinical Administration Support Staff (Former Employee), elkridge,mdJanuary 6, 2015
It was a learning experience. It was one I hope to not experience again.
self paced productive
Independent Career Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Business Analyst
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), hartford connecticutJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great workplace
This was a great work place
Fast paced environment
Enjoyed the work atmosphere. employees were great team players.
very intriguing company.
ONLY con was the work commute, it was a struggle to go to and from every morning-
I was able to get accustomed to that.
Company that's always growing
Clinical Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
There's always change with the company. It's constantly growing.
United Healthcare is a well known company who offer Health Benefits to people in Eastern Tennessee.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TnJanuary 5, 2015
I received calls from Healthcare Members with questions/concerns regarding their Health Benefits. I was able to assist Members by providing them with listings of available Providers and Facilities as well and DME locations. If requested, I was able to send out Member Handbooks by mail to the Member; or if it was more convenient for the Member they would come in and ask for me and I would personally give them their Handbook and go over any questions they may have had with them. At times Members would call in with possible problems/concerns regarding their billing statements. In this case, I would go over the statement with the Member and if there was a mistake I would submit a Claim to our Claims Department for correction.
Great job
Underwriting Office Manager (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: my boss
Cons: work/life balance
The job was extremely stressful and always late hours. It was awesome. My team was awesome and management was awesome. The hardest part of the job was finding balance for family life and the job itself. The best part was my boss, she was so great!
Good company but time for a change
Provider Education Specialist (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: management
United Healthcare was a great place to work at but there have been alot of changes that have happened in the last couple of months in regards to management and policy. Alot of the changes were not exactly for the best.

I have enjoyed my time working there and I have made some friends for life. The one thing that I will miss the most will be working from home. What a dream that was.
I loved it
Provider Relations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sunrise FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
UHG is an amazing company to work for hands down, the training was amazing and there processes awesome. If taken my career to the next level based off the skills I learned at UHG.
Productive and fun place to work .
Technical Lead Datastage Interfaces (Current Employee), Eden PrairieJanuary 1, 2015
1. You get ample amount of time for your deliverables and there is a wondersul support staff eager to help . A good place to work in .

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos