UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,473 reviews matching the search
Productive many creative ways to encourage employees to perform their best
Telesales Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, Constant change of policies. Plenty of red tape and politics. The people that you worked with every day became family away from home. Every I day I had an opportunity to assists consumers to help improve their healthcare situation with the Medicare Plans we had available to offer.
Pros
Great Friends, Competitive environment, Creative way to bring out what you can offer to consumers
Cons
Insurance benefits are not affordable for families
Smoke and Mirrors
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 9, 2016
Working with other staff members on the same level was great, as for management, it needs great improvement. Corporate culture dictates how compassion is so important for the members, but management does not practice the same theory with their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Adherence
UnitedHealth Group is the best place to work!
Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 2, 2016
I'm very thankful to had been giving a chance at UnitedHealth Group. I met a lot of wonderful people and learned so many things from them. Colleagues are very supportive and professional. The hardest part of the job is during priority war rooms where we need to engage to think and analyze a solution or workaround for a specific issue. The most enjoyable part of our work is our flexibility to work either on the office or at home as it gives us extra time to be with family even while working.
Pros
Work from Home and schedule Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare benefits, retirement benefits
mn
Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  usaMarch 14, 2016
: United Health group core capabilities in clinical care resources, information and technology uniquely enable us to meet the evolving needs of a changing health care environment as millions more Americans enter a structured system of health benefits and we help build a stronger, higher quality health system that is sustainable for the long term.
Marketing Consultant - Internship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2016
Great benefits, employees are very helpful, great place to work, great work life balance and overall great people to work with
Benefits
Very productive evironment
Advocate4Me Benefits Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 21, 2015
UHC is a wonderful company to work for. Must be self driven and goal oriented. Must be compassionate to members of all ethnic and health backgrounds. I enjoy all of my coworkers. The toughest part of the job is being the voice of reason to member who are unfamiliar to health care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous opportunities for advancement and salary growth. Great for experience to branch off or maintain a career.
Health Sales
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day of work consists of inbound calls where I educate AARP members who are newly eligible for Medicare or have had Medicare benefits but are recent retirees making health care elections for the first time. The hardest part of the job would be talking to seniors with dementia or Alzheimer's. It becomes challenging to explain things in a way that is comprehendible. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the caller in making the best health care choice for their needs. That moment when the caller transitions from being completely overwhelmed to having a general understanding of the workings of Medicare, Social Security and the need for additional supplemental coverage. I am currently in a work from home position so I do not physically interact with co workers, however we have group chats where we can always reach out to one another or upper management with any challenging scenarios. I have learned that patience is a virtue and just because I have clear knowledge of a particular topic stating facts and verbatim responses may not always give that understanding to someone else. People learn at different levels and you have to be able to provide information in a way that they can comprehend it.
Excellent job growth
Sales Operations Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Coordinated corporate communication for national sales initiatives.
Explained health care benefits and enrolled members as required.
Coordinated local/tactical sales activities and community meetings.

Senior Management were great to work for.
Not A Good Company
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 12, 2016
They under pay their employees...not a good work place for mother's...unfair employee treatment....unprofessional...and the benefits are the worst...i've never worked for a company that simply did not care one bit about their employees. they mistreat their employees and all they do is lie...they talk about intergrity and expect you to have intergrity but they themselves do not have any at all. they need to practice what they preach.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
Poor benefit package, understaffed
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The caseloads for the Clinical Care managers are extremely high, and there is a big problem with employee retention due to this. The benefits are also pretty bad; a very large deductable for both medical and pharmacy, so expect to pay out of pocket for everything.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, nice coworkers
Cons
understaffed, caseloads too high, very poor benefit package
productive work enviroment
Customer service Repersenative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
Just to know helping people get signed up for medical insurance to get and recieve there medication and doctors visits, medical rides, prescription drugs to help them with their lives is always my favorite part of the job.
benefits
Cons
people
Prefect
Provider Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 3, 2016
This is a ideal place of employment, had I not relocated I would of never left. United Healthcare Group knows how to take care of their employees with excellent benefits and a flexible schedule.
Pros
Great technology
Provider Representative
Provider Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 18, 2016
Communicated with insurance, attorneys, workers’ compensation, and providers
○ Expedited unpaid claims, appeals, pre­determinations
○ Advised providers on patient benefits and claim status
○ Worked on and called back about escalated issues for supervisors
○ Helped other employees to meet goals
○ Explained COB to providers
UHC is so focused on production, they have lost sight of their employees.
Biligual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2015
I arrive, punch in and greet my coworkers. I login to my system and pull up Avaya, AS400, VOM, Share Point etc...I proceed to answer calls, some providers call to place eyeglass and/or contact lens orders, they call to verify patient benefits, to request lens options and availability or to have patients benefits reinstated. I enjoyed speaking to the providers and over the years I developed a very good relationship with many of the providers. I'd encounter very pleasant providers and on occasion I'd encounter unpleasant providers but many had legitimate reasons to be upset. Many times their problem was something that was out of my hands, but I knew that transferring their call would only escalate the issue, so I would take it upon myself to do everything I could to correct the problem and make that provider happy.
Cons
Although our union contract encouraged merit raises, the employees never got merit raises, they are pro teamwork from the mouth out but discouraged it at every turn.
Good job
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work, positive environment, pay is good, benefits available not great policies. Room for growth and plenty of opportunities
Pros
pay
Not A Good Experience
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 18, 2015
Very disorganized, a lot of favoritism, offer to advance within the company made on paper but the reality was quite different. Constant departmental in-fighting resulting in watered down or purely ineffective efforts at improving plan efficiency. Not a good experience overall. Pay was, as well, not commensurate with the level of difficulty inherent to the position. Coworkers were wonderful for the most part. A good sense of humor was a daily requirement. Actually solving a member's plan issue and contacting them with a resolution was the best part of any day.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Poor benefits, low pay, high turnover. Call center environment.
Flexible hours
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2016
Low pay, bad management. Broken processes. Large company, good espp benefits. Difficult to be promoted from within. Needs a lot of improvement in the management style.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
bad management, broken processes
Good company
claims processing (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYDecember 6, 2015
I have been employed with UHC for over 9 years . Its a good company to work for . I like that I am able to work from home . Although at times upper management misses the mark not understand what it is we do on daily basis and thinks its easy to do the company in whole is not bad. Benefits could be a lot better . We work for the company and have pretty much the bottom of the barrel benifits . one would think we would have the best we do not .
Pros
work at home, overtime
Cons
benefits, communication
Typical day at work is fast paced, about 3-4 hours in hospital, then at home charting of 1-2 hours/patient. Management has heavy caseload; no time.
Field Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 6, 2015
4 week orientation with home office installed & paid for by UHG.
Few members of team available to collaborate with; you are on your own. More of a pencil-pushing job but on the computer. Not something a Real Skilled RN would desire, but compensation is great for what you do. Rapid turn-over and several burned-out RNs from excessive hours on the computer. Not for me, but could see why nurses try it for a time. Last about a year with computer as 75% of work & patient contact as 25%. Looking for more patient contact.
Pros
Autonomous work day, busy case load
Cons
Utilized more of my computer skills that Nursing Assessment skills.
Pruductive an fun place to work
INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2016
spoke to medicare patients on there medical needs with united health care also spoke to providers to give members benefits and correct dept if needed authorizations for hospital admissions.
Pros
fun employees to work with and good benefit package
Cons
thought pay back then could of been more competitive with other health care companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.