UnitedHealth Group
1,739 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Work Culture
Senior SOA/BPM/OSB/OPA Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Very professional, good learning exp. Management is very friendly and helpful, gives you the opportunity to prove yourself
poor work/life balance
Medicare Claims Adjustor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers, telecommute
Cons: mandatory overtime, management, production based
constantly asked to do more with less time, continual mandatory 10 hours of overtime each week, poor management, high stress, only enjoyable part of the job was some of the coworkers
Overall Bad Experience
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), USAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: micro-management, management that doesn't have your back, poor benefits
If I could give management negative stars I would. Overall management style is extreme Micro Management. Add this to management who do not know how to communicate, or delegate properly.

Management will also throw you under a bus as your objectives don't really matter at all. (Meaning if you accomplish them very well , it doesn't matter - they will give you as poor a rating as they wish).

Culture of company is that it is very much stuck in their way, and are resistant to change.

Benefits aren't very competitive. 401k match is lower than most Fortune 100 companies. Health Insurance for a company in said industry is paltry at best (other companies not in industry have as competitive packages).

No real sign of advancement.
Fast-paced and friendly environment!!
Prescription Drug Plan Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits and customer satisfaction!
A typical day at work would be filled with the client's satisfaction with the company. Time flies when you're attending to the customers needs. The staff was very friendly and relaxed.
rewarding job
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: high priced benefits in 2000
Great management company that cares about employees. THey value their employees.
place is ok to work
Web Administrator (Former Employee), CAJanuary 14, 2015
nice place to work and nice co-workers and ok with management
Unproductive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sugarland ,TexasJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
they work you hard and never work with you when it comes to being sick or your child being sick . Cant make dr appointments etc very unreasonable place and environment to work in.
Grew too fast and can't keep up
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Over the past year the culture of what UHC stands for no longer exists.
As far as job advancement that is a laugh.
If HR doesn't approve then you might as well enjoy what you are doing. Very hard to move up in company even though they claim that there is alot of room for advancement.
Also it's very ironic working for an insurance company and having some of the worst benefits I had ever had. 2500.00 deductible? really?
Can we say "working Poor"
If you aren't a nurse case manager then your opinion doesn't matter
To many changes
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: to many changes
This could have been a good job except that they were going through a change and they were bought out by another company and made many changes, ultimately dissolving the department I was working in.
Great opportunities for advancement
Group Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: work was very stressful at times
Work was interesting and challenging to correctly enroll or renew group health insurance policies. Working with a team was affective since every one helped every one to process groups.
Job was disappointing
Provider Rapid Resolutions Expert (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2015
I did not enjoy working directly with the providers to resolve their issues because I was not actually held accountable due to the fact that I was not able to process any adjustment on their dispute. I recorded the dispute and sent my findings to an adjustor. The provider usually called back unsatisfied because the adjustor did not make the correct adjustment.
Innovative and exciting
Manager of Medical & Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: medical benefits could be better
Never a boring day at UHC. Everyday brings on new challenges in which we are able to help people live healthier lives. Senior leadership is innovative and always keeps things exciting. We are a culture of giving back and that is evident in all of the volunteer work that is done by many of UHC employees.
Great work place
Producer Help Desk/HI Health Innovations (Former Employee), Minnetonka MnJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: helping
Helping customers with there issues. Having team meetings.
Review and payment of medical claims
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Payment of medical claims and researched for necessary information/data needed to pay correctly.
Good Company
Provider Install Rep/Claims & Provider Service (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: alot of outsourcing
It was a good job but they do alot of outsourcing!
 Navigating and multitasking through databases and diverse servers
 Keeping extinctive records of incoming contracts and operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information
Good company
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 8, 2015
I learned a lot at this job. It gave me a good incite into the business. They also try to be focused on employee satisfaction.
terrible management team
pharmacy tech (Former Employee), optum rxJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: everything
Management is terrible. Have 5 core value that company go by but management do not care. Expect you to follow the company value. You work independently but they will measure your time you get up from your desk it could be for restroom break or water break does not matter. Training is terrible. Worst experience.
Exciting environment, very motivational
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: consistent learning
Cons: i had to relocate and resign
I loved everything about this company, after 2 weeks of employment, I was asked to help with new hire training and with peers. After time passed by, i was on several special projects to simplify job functions, opportunity was presented to introduce new directions of the company in a sales environment and quality of calls were awesome. Very well structured, organized, and internal growth opportunities were always available.
Not worth the time....
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: poor management above direct supervisors.
I worked there for 2 years and they were OK at the start. I did have excellent trainers, however once I got out on the floor things soon changed. Yes, call centers can be very stressful. Micromanaging is terrible with them. They set goals that are all but impossible to reach. My direct managers were wonderful, and one business manager was great, however that manager transferred to another branch. Her replacement was a very cold, and severe manager. She did not seem to care about her employees, just the numbers. Also, beware that if you work there awhile, they will start saying they are getting ready to do a large hiring campaign and the next thing you know people start getting terminated left and right for the stupidest reasons. I would never work for this company again. They treat their employees terribly. The health plans that the employees get are awful. The only good thing was the pay.
Busy environment with lots of work - typically would work more than 45+ hours per week
Senior Project Manager/Product Manager (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule - allowed telecommuting when needed
Cons: expectation that you would work over 45 hours on a consistent basis
Lots of work - keeps you very busy. Working above 40 hours a week on a consistent basis. The best part of the job is the people you work with - they are all very interested in putting together a good insurance product.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos