UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,277 reviews matching the search
Worst Place to Work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2016
Did not care about their employees or their well-being. I would never go back there. Management did not work with their employees as far as educational advancement.
Great place to work. I would definitely recommend.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85747April 20, 2016
Great place to work. My Manager was very supportive and helpful. They also provided sufficient training. Outstanding Benefits.
the way my company was
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 20, 2016
A typical day of work open lines star all the monitor and review all my emails and star receiving calls with problems.
I learn to develop a great communication with ill patients and to understand their needs at all time
the management are very understandable and help us when we come health situation.
co workers very niece and helpful when ever you will asked them anything .
The hardest part of the job was to make people understand the polices of the company.
the most enjoyable part in this job when ever we help the cancer center or any other community event we did , the company and employee will be together at al time .
Pros
fre gift card and bonus
Cons
no complain
United Healthcare is a great place to work.
Enrollment/Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 20, 2016
At United Healthcare they support innovation and coming up with creative ways to keep moving forward in the healthcare market and they value employee input. They vacation package is one of the best I've seen. Wages are fair and comparable to the market.
Pros
Everything about United Healthcare is a pro except for the health insurance offered to employees.
Cons
The health benefits offered to employees could use improvement, the network of providers is very limited.
Job
Prior authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
The atmosphere was great. I meet a lot of nice people who i plan on staying in touch with.Really enjoyed the work i was doing.Just lack on communication.
Good place to work, greatest boss!
Project Coordinator/Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 18, 2016
I've worked for UHG for over 6 years in Hartford. It was close to home and thanks to the greatest boss I've ever had, the work did not seem like work. He made it clear from the interview that "the family comes first" and set me up to work from home in the event my 2 young children get sick and I need to be close to them. He encouraged me to learn new things and get myself involved in projects with other departments. I never had to ask for a promotion or salary increase. My boss always looked out for me.
baylor
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
This collector position is work. You need to be a self starter in this position. No one is asking you what you are doing. it is a great company but do not get caught up in the drama.
Pros
baylor
Results oriented
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 16, 2016
This company is very results oriented and it is important to provide excellent service to the people being served. Overall, a stimulating and fast-paced environment.
very competitive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 16, 2016
lots of work to do they demand high quality and you have strict guide lines to follow, have be be ready for high volume and great attention to detail.
it can be a stressful job
ciaims rework (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILApril 16, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers we work as a team to accomplish our goals
we are a family.
The pay is good according to area but I don't make enough to support myself
Pros
dressdown
Cons
shortbreaks
productive
CSA (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2016
a typical day is processing order for patient. de-escalating call, taking to co-worker. I like it. job security, fun, busy, exciting, to the point, interesting.
Professional well managed company
Clinical Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medina, OhioApril 15, 2016
I feel proud to have been associated with UnitedHealthCare. The culture is progressive, professional and admired by employees.
Innovative and growing business
Director Finance (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2016
UHG is a growing business with a wide range of products and services to offer individuals to businesses and capable of developing specialized packages to meet any situation
Highly Micromanaged, Very Stressful, Low Raises
Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAApril 14, 2016
This is a huge company that promotes diversity, integrity and other company values. This is a great company to work for if you don't mind being micromanaged by several different systems that are put on your computer to know exactly what you're doing every second of your shift and now requires that you click your mouse or it will allocate idle time which is time where the company considers you not to be working.
Pros
Prepares you to adapt to new changes within a company almost daily.
Cons
Highly Micromanaged, Very Stressful Low Raises
Innovative
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 13, 2016
This company was very innovated, unfortunately depending on the manager and supervisor you had the experience could differ. My first supervisor was excellent, the second one was almost never available and coaching were never completed. Our company believed in values such as integrity and compassion and I feel my immediate supervisor lacked that.
Pros
On site lunch, diversity
Cons
stress
Great work environment
Transition Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2016
Great place to work with flexible hours and friendly colleagues willing to help. Company offers easy ways to advance and grow with in the company.
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2016
They are a strong company and would go back to work for them. They had a positive work force and didn't mind giving you the extra time needed to focus on an assignment.
Pros
Open work follow
Cons
had to work nights and weekends
great workplace
INTAKE COORDINATOR- CALL CENTER (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 12, 2016
This job taught me how to talk to costumers properly and handle situations over the phone. The people were great to work with and fun to be around.
Great place to work, with good benefits and a good team work.
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 10, 2016
Really experience manager and a good person, Good company with several benefits for the employees and oportunities to growth. The hardest part of the job was deal with dificult custumers.
Ability to learn all you have every wanted to know about Medicare and Retirement insurance.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 9, 2016
Depending on which company you work for under UnitedHealth Group will determine the type of experience you will have. UnitedHealthcare and Optum are both companies that are under the UnitedHealth group umbrella; in reality they are all the same company functioning as their own entity at this point.

My best experience was when I worked at Optum. Optum is a very fun company to work for and they have a lot of new and exciting ventures going on!!

Every departments culture functions differently, depending on the department will depend on the experience that you have with management.

Co-workers tend to be very competitive, making it hard to really connect and trust to collaborate. From my experience management encourages this.

If you lean on peers for help and UnitedHealthcare, you will be reprimanded.
Pros
They have a very nice cafeteria.
Cons
Self paid medical insurance, You will pay a premium out of your checks, and pay 100% out of pocket until 3, 000 dollars has been reached, At that point the 20/80 company split kicks in.