UnitedHealth Group
1,474 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

great customer service oriented
Customer Care Representative/ Health Advisor (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly/ open door policy
Very good company to work for. Great supervisors
Open door policy
Java Developer (Former Employee), ??September 2, 2014
very good ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see resume
Arabic l Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2014
See resume

o Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers.

o Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written.
Allows me to work from home, allows meet to meet w/co-workers after hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: long days at times w/o a break
Fast passed w/multitasking in multiple computer screens, phone calls w/providers and Md's.
I have learned MCG guidelines and Medicare guidelines and standards.
Very supportive co-workers that are willing to assit to keep work loads balanced and compliant w/medicare guidelines.
The hardest part of the job is when the computer system goes down and dealing – more... with providers that are not willing to be flexible.
The most rewarding part of the job is that I have save the company and it's members money by managing there care. – less
Ok
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHAugust 30, 2014
Wouldn't work there again. It was not at all flexible, and made no exceptions for family situations. I would not reccomend this job to someone who has children.
Great Benefits..too much drama
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great work environment, ability to set your own hours, ability to work four 10s; great benefits
Cons: too much drama; managers that will fix the rates for some, but not others
I loved my job there, but a little too much drama for me.

We would have what they called, "Group Huddles" where we were all encouraged to speak up, but there were always the "strong ones" that had been with the company for what they thought was, "forever"..and they were the ones that would jump all over someone that spoke up about something they disagreed – more... with.

Made it tough for us positive, think outside the box, people to even want to speak up, for fear of being "eaten alive" by the others that thought they owned the joint.

Our nice, but too laid back supervisor never stepped in when these people spoke up as she believed everyone had a right to their opinions..and thus these "group huddles" were supposed to be productive.

HUH??!

In addition, we all had rates we were supposed to make. While some were making them. many of us weren't (including the ones that had been there for years!!).

My work area was right outside my manager's cubicle and I actually overheard her whisper into the phone one day to a long term employee that wasn't making rate.."Well..if you take a few days off...that'll throw your rate off a bit..and I can fix the numbers..just between you and me.."

Phht..why have a rate then??

Since then, I've learned that this manager got moved to a different dept.

Hmmmm..... – less
nice place to work
customer service agent (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2014
loved the environment but the repetitive job. No room for advancement.
Excellent
Onsite Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: a great deal of work
A great company to work for with one exceptions some managers or not good.
productive enviroment
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: medical, dental and vision insurance
Cons: work schedule changes every four months
each day is a new learning experience
I like helping people
not sure
everyone has a different personality
difficult people
putting a smile on someone's face
Great organization if you have experience.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLAugust 27, 2014
UHC's Member Services program is impressive however once you hit the floor you are expected to retain the knowledge you learned. It's not a easy ride but the supervisor team at that time was great with working with staff over schedules.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere co workers
Cons: job is only temporary position...seeking longevity
Make calls welcoming member to thier health plan, going over basic information, change PCP, address, number if needed. Also make orders for ID cards and handbooks if requested using Facet and Macess systems
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: onsite health clinic
outbound and inbound phone calls, sending inner office emails, sending faxes, sending out compassion cards to members, handling claims, quoting benefits, calling to provider's offices.
Educator, Customer service professional , Prioritize
Senior customer service representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work hours
Cons: repititious and short staffed
Non stop incoming calls, educating members and providers, as a team captain of 10agents making sure they are abreast of all new procedures and assist with problem calls. The hardest part of my job is that we are short staffed and customers complaining of hold times, but I always resolve their issues and give them the time they deserve.
The best part – more... of my job is the hours, location from home, my peers, my benefits, and that I get to educate members and resolve complex issues and be appreciated for it. – less
Not for me
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: they offer benefits the following month after hiring.
Cons: benefits are very expensive, company does not take pride in employees
United Health Care was simply just not an company for me. The company does not at all care about the employees past the building that they work in. I was hired as a Provider Phone Rep, and a month after my training I was told they would be blending the dept with the claims dept. This meant twice the work that I signed up with no pay increase. Not to – more... mention that the first raise we were promised after training was never given, because the management then said it was given at discretion.
The provider phone rep position mainly consist of Provider calling to find out why their claims were not paid, which as a result of expect to almost ALWAYS get yelled at from the doctors office. In addition to the company policy is that supervisors do not take escalation calls, they have employees take messages and state the call will be returned with 48 hours.. The providers really dislike that and most times the supervisors do not call back which results in the reps taking another angry call.
Lastly, don't take this position thinking your healthcare will be cheaper. Benefits are VERY expensive, (my family of 5 paid almost 500.00 month, and the deductible was still 3500 a person, and 10,000 for the family) they don't even offer last quarter carryover on their employee plans. – less
Recruiter (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: all good
I worked there a few years back so cannot recall many details.
I do recall they offered a flexible schedule which was important to me at the time. I really liked my co workers-we had a lot of fun potlucks and a variety of team building exercises. The only reason I left is that our department was outsourced.
Amazing place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2014
great pay, co workers are awesome, I would love to work for UHC again.
Fun place to work
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2014
Very family oriented workplace. You are respected by upper management.
large and successful organization
Medicare Sales Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 19, 2014
This company has good benefits and a nice work place.
They offer health insurance and related products.
United Health Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado springs coAugust 19, 2014
this was a good place to work for however they are still getting on their feet with the contract change that happened a little over a year ago patience is a must!
Incoming/Outgoing call center for designate accounts
Sr. clinical Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
Majority of my day is spent on the phones taking incoming calls or placing outgoing calls to members. Discussing benefits, claims and enrolling members into wellness programs.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos