UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Ok
Claims Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 11, 2017
I like the company until my position was eliminated. A typical day at work was not stressful but well balanced. The company supports a life balance work environment.
Good Entry positions available
Customer Service Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
UHG is a good company for new graduates entering into the work force as a professional for the first time. There are good benefit package offered.

I most admire UHG humanitarian efforts.
Claims Disputes Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2017
Typical day:Fast paces
Learned: Claims
Management: Cut Throat
Culture: Business
Hardest part job: Being Micro Managed
Enjoyable part of day: My Job
same like any other company IT
Senior QA Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 10, 2017
same as any other company IT and no comments about the specifically about that company or the management of that company. its nothing new in there that is not there in other companies.
supportive but stressful
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 10, 2017
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. The only real downside is how bad they push to make a sale. Not every person who calls in is wanting to make a purchase but they want you to make every call a sales call.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard push for sales
Productive and fast paced
Director, Strategy Execution (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 10, 2017
I was a director of strategy execution for UnitedHealth Networks, implementing pay for performance strategies to improve the performance and achieve lower pricing to patients from medical providers.
Pros
Highly educated staff
Cons
Great place for a career.
Mgr Reporting (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterNovember 10, 2017
I've had many different rolls at Untied Heath Care and have had many great managers that care about you, and your work/life balance. As a fulltime telecommuter reporting analyst, I was responsible for creating and maintaining a reporting db, creating scheduled daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis. While at my most recent career I had many opportunities to learn SQL, SSRS, SSIS, ETL and BI. My most enjoyable part of the day was meeting with customers and discussing requirements and then putting those requirements into a useful report.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Telecommute - no water cooler discussions
Stressfull work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2017
Stressful enviroment. You are only allowed to use the restroon during your breaks.The calls are timed and if you are unable to meet that you are written up even if it meant you spent a little extra with a client so they could understan their benefits a little better.
corp culture that rewards abusive leadership
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 9, 2017
The work day is not typical and requires a lot of coordinating with team members located in other countries. This make the hours where teams can meet to have mtgs to be very limited and this can cause stress w/in the various groups. Not a bad thing- just a challenge.
Many of the people as in other organizations are very competent and fantastic to work with. The 80/20 rule applies though and 20% of the workforce to include some key leadership positions do not support the companies core values. It seems these individuals have a greater propensity to advance in the company.
The company is striving to grow and innovate at a rapid pace.
Pros
some leadership is open to working remote - allowing employees to avoid the commute!
Cons
politics- your career can completely change with a ldrshp reorg which happens multiple times a year.
My Experience
Claims Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 9, 2017
my experience with UHG was a different experience that taught me some thing that has helped in my career in the Healthcare Industry. Learned more about the claims process.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
No room for career growth
True Leader in HealthCare
Recovery Analyst/Resolution Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 9, 2017
The company was upfront about what was going on with the company. New what direction we were heading. Was not left in the dark when it came to changes. They ensured we had the tools and resources to manage the changes.
Pros
Gym, Company Sponsored activities
Cons
Boring Job
horrible work environment. Terrible managers.
Prior Authorization Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
United health care has the absolute worst promoting system. They only promote their friends whom they help get hired on. I have never seen such unprofessional management. If you are not on their "crew" you get a higher work load and are not treated as an equal.
Pros
Cons
horrible management, unfair promotions/raises/bonuses.
Fast paced can be stressful
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 9, 2017
This is a good company to start at if you are newly getting out into the work field.
It can be very stressful at times when you are taking calls non stop for 6 hrs a day and the calls that are coming in are members that are very upset and yelling at you.

I enjoyed working for the company for the most part.
Production in the workplace
Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2017
A typical work day consisted of meeting a quota and ensuring quality with eye wear for customers. I learned alot skill base jobs that would advance me in the lab or other optical laboratories based on procedures
Pros
Steady pace atmosphere
Cons
No upper mobility
management
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
UHC is a good place to work for. The workplace culture is very stressful and requires more interaction activities. The management I worked under need further training on understanding different types of employees to help them grow.
Not what I signed on for
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040November 8, 2017
Poor management, no feedback on performance, would never recommend people to work here. The training for the job is spotty and inconsistent. The trainers don't care if you grasp what they teach you.
Pros
Dress Code
Work from home
Recovery Resolution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 8, 2017
One perk for many is the opportunity to work from home.
Many opportunities for advancement
Becoming a culture ambassador is uplifting and exciting
A lot of great leaders
Rough place to work and unprofessional
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  VirtualNovember 8, 2017
Not a great place to work, but if you need a job, it will do. The people are very unprofessional and the management has no idea what leadership means. They treat everyone as if you are replaceable and never a kind word is said to you. It's always more work, more work, more work.
3 and Out
Learning Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 8, 2017
I worked for UHC for 3 years. My job is one that cycles every 3 or so years and wasn't surprised when I was told my job was eliminated along with hundreds of others. I was ready to leave. They have big ideas but rarely follow through. Pretty typical corporate environment. I liked my immediate work group. The support technologies were quirky.
Pros
Easy work, good work/life balance, good pay
Cons
The big con is their innovation value -lots of talk; not much walk.
understandin tmy positiom
Provider/Member Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2017
its ok to understand my postititon calling customers if they are having a problem with claims and benefits.it is a ok job but I want to do something off the phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.