UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,132 reviews matching the search
Pruductive an fun place to work
INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2016
spoke to medicare patients on there medical needs with united health care also spoke to providers to give members benefits and correct dept if needed authorizations for hospital admissions.
Pros
fun employees to work with and good benefit package
Cons
thought pay back then could of been more competitive with other health care companies
Clear concise job functions, departmentalized and rigid
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 12, 2016
Job duties are clear and concise and do change much. Collaboration between departments including cross function training was not experienced by me. Educational opportunities were great but didn't seem to impact your chances for advancement. It seemed as though employees were generally concerned with job security and were generally uninformed (almost clueless) by senior management..
Not A Good Company
Provider Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 12, 2016
They under pay their employees...not a good work place for mother's...unfair employee treatment....unprofessional...and the benefits are the worst...i've never worked for a company that simply did not care one bit about their employees. they mistreat their employees and all they do is lie...they talk about intergrity and expect you to have intergrity but they themselves do not have any at all. they need to practice what they preach.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
Remote HCC Coder
HCC Coder (Former Employee) –  Remote, ORJanuary 12, 2016
The company hired more than 200 coders at a time and then weeded out and discarded the "least productive". There was no consideration for delayed equipment, I guess you were expected to buy your own while awaiting shipment. No phone, you were expected to use your minutes and follow the training without any equipment to practice on. The class was so large that the trainers were obviously overwhelmed and unable to assist with individual questions. It was a farce from the start. Had I know before I quit my job to take this "opportunity"....I wouldn't have. DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB.
Pros
$$ but was paid by staffing agency
Cons
poor training, delayed equipment, poor management, mandatory OT thru December-no holiday.
Great company with periods of heavy workload
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 11, 2016
This is a great company for young people to become very exposed to the healthcare industry. You will communicate with people of many different backgrounds at all levels of the enterprise. There is typically a lot of flexibility in regards to work/life balance but, at certain times during the calendar year, it is frowned upon. In an enterprise this size, culture will vary from department to department.
Pros
Industry exposure
Cons
Extended work hours at times
Professional, Great Organization, exceptional work experience
Triage/Appeals Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 11, 2016
UnitedHealth Group, while a great company, does not compensation their employees well based on how much they are required to do, know, and constantly have to adapt to.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Temporary employee
Family oriented workplace with flexible hours
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I worked from home for the last 6 years of work. I handled several phone calls from both, provider and customers, and answered detailed Health Insurance questions, or routed a claim related issue to appropriate department for resolution. I learned several ways to accommodate the customer or provider, under, sometimes, irate circumstances. Management was available when needed and worked with the employees and customers interests as needed. My co-workers were very nice, well respected, individuals that treated everyone in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was telling a customer that their medical claim could not be paid, due to their specific Healthcare coverage under their Employers plan. It was especially difficult when it was a life threatening diagnosis. The most enjoyable part of job were the flexible hours, the overtime and holiday pay, and again, the positive feedback from the public that I dealt with daily.
Pros
Overtime, holiday pay, able to work from home
Cons
I have none
Wonderful Work Place
Marketing Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJanuary 11, 2016
Great experience that moved forward my career in Health Care/ Managed Care arena. Learned alot at UHC, Claims Processing, Reporting, Outreach, Marketing, Project Management, Data base management.
Great opportunity to move up in the company
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 10, 2016
United Healthcare/Optum is a great company to work for. The only downside it the pay scale is behind other call centers who do the same thing we do.
Pros
Great group of hard working agents
Cons
The insurance is lacking in being a great benefit
Fun place to work, but long hours
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 7, 2016
UHC is a fun environment, amazing people to work with. The only thing that is really hard is the 10 hour mandatory days. Training is 4-5 months long, but very worth it.
Very structured
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2016
Very goal oriented and structured company; encourages community participation and volunteering outside of the workplace.
Very small Menbership and Billing Dept.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Good talented co-workers. Very small membership and billing department with very little place to growth in the company.
Pros
Close Home
Cons
Salary
Excellent company for hardworking common sense team members to learn and grow
Senior Vice President Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Excellent company with exceptional leaders driving to solve the healthcare problem. Had a very successful career there exceeding my expectations. If you work hard and are not afraid of change you can go far.
Pros
Smart, hardworking best of breed coworkers
Cons
stressful and lots of leaders to get decisions through
Facs/dialer administrator
FACS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Worked there for very long time. I was self taught and learned the system by reading books.

We did not have any training classes only two of use worked in the office when we started out.

We started out as Ingram and Associates and United Healthcare bought us out and they done several layoffs within the last three years.
Ok.
Broker Agent Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 5, 2016
ok job. stressful. good pay. sneaky co workers and management. they will smile in your face and throw u under the bus behind ur back
UHC was not a good fit for me
Senior Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Again, UHC was not a good fit for me. I did not have a very good experience.

The employees were not willing to except new employees.

I felt isolated.
UnitedHealth Group is the best place to work!
Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 2, 2016
I'm very thankful to had been giving a chance at UnitedHealth Group. I met a lot of wonderful people and learned so many things from them. Colleagues are very supportive and professional. The hardest part of the job is during priority war rooms where we need to engage to think and analyze a solution or workaround for a specific issue. The most enjoyable part of our work is our flexibility to work either on the office or at home as it gives us extra time to be with family even while working.
Pros
Work from Home and schedule Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare benefits, retirement benefits
Friendly staff with bad operations
Coach (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Management and work force were both friendly but processes were broken. Limited compensation at all work levels. Training not up to par with short staffed transition to production.
Successfully and effectively managed organization
Sr. Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 1, 2016
Everyday is a challenge and the opportunity of having to resolve ambiguous tasks makes it fun and awesome! Its fun going to office daily.
Pros
Work-life balance is great, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
High premiums for employees
Fantastic Company!
Pre-Authorization Review RN (Current Employee) –  telecommuteDecember 31, 2015
A wonderful company to work with. Professional, inrelligent and state of the art thinking skills in Health Insurance skills.
Pros
telecommute, great people and strong, caring leadership
Cons
short breaks