UnitedHealth Group

2.2K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

You get what you put in.
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 5, 2015
Pros: the training is there for you to grab ahold of
Cons: healthcare isnt very good for you working for a healthcare company
If you put in the work and work with your manager they will provide a work environment were you can grow. I just wanted to go back into production/assembly or warehouse. Co-workers are used to usually making a little more if they have experience but this is part of some companies. Hardest part of the job was the phone calls and hearing from providers that UHC was the worst offender on certain policies or logic on reimbursement.
productive
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), houston, txAugust 4, 2015
Nice environment to be in. Friendly staff, and nice customers. Job paid well it was just too far and I didn't have a car or dependable rides. I have a car now but theyre not hiring.
Great team members, questionable management, poor morale, high turnover
Clinical Claims Review Director (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 3, 2015
Workload greatly exceeded work day and weekends in this small department contributed to poor morale. Overall emphasis on cost savings, not the member or provider.
UnitedHealth Group. Is one of the leading providers of medical, dental and life insurance services. Company provides solutions to both individual and
QA EDI tester (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2015
• Wrote Test scenarios to perform thorough Testing and validate the weekly feed data, based on business requirements.
• Performed smoke, functional, integration and regression testing of the website.
• Involved in Testing of HIPAA EDI Transactions (835,837,820,276) in various phases of implementation.
• Analyzed HIPAA EDI transactions in XML and X12 responses and of 270 and 276 and looked for defects for amendment.
• Did data analysis for various version changes of EDI messages on different sub-systems.
• Performed Database testing using SQL queries
• Performed backend testing for data validation using SQL Queries.
• Executed SQL statements to check if the data integrity has been maintained.
• Executed SQL statements to test the integration between application and database
• Performed negative and positive testing using SQL Queries
• Writing SQL Procedures & Batch Processes.
• Executed SQL queries to retrieve data from tables and to create views and perform backend testing
• Writing Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Matrix.
• Was part of the Lean workshop as part of the Six Sigma adaption and provided lean ideas on various workflows.
• Manual Testing for checking the flow of the application functionality.
• Created and worked with Data requirements for various testing purposes.
• Investigated application bugs, reported & tracked testing process in the bug tracking using Quality Center.
• Analyzed the existing business scenario and understood the business rules.
• Developed design specification writing Test Reports & documenting test results.
• Tested modified/new Oracle forms and database using SQL for its functionality.
• Frequently communicated with developers and senior QA team members to assist in the clarification of technical issues
United Health Group, a is part of a family of companies that finances and delivers vital health care services to about 1.9 million people across upsta
QA Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
• Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap/Medsupp & commercial insurances in HIPAA ANSI X12 5010 formats including 270,271, 276, 277,278, 834, 835, 837, 997, NPI, ICD 9, ICD 10 codes.
• Involved in testing HIPAA EDI transactions and mainly focused on NJ and NY member eligibility transactions.
• Monitoring the defect life cycle, generating customized graphs and reports for the client, using Quality Center.
• Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
• Expertise in Member Enrollment, Subscriber/Member, Billing, and Claims Modules of Facets.
• Experience with creating, designing, testing, and executing test cases covering all test conditions and eliminating redundancy and duplications
• Used Quality Center for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test scripts.
• Tested the Membership and claims files (XML) in Facets.
• Enrolled members through online screens for 270,271,276,278,834, 835, and 837 Transactions to Facets.
• Tested Subscribers/Providers and claims in Facets.
Great place and environment to work
Project Manager/Analyst (Former Employee), Cypress, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, great benefits
Cons: Pay could be better
I really enjoyed my stay when I worked at UnitedHealth, if I was not laid off I am sure I would still be there. The leadership, management and culture of the department that I worked in was second to none. They seem to genuinely care for the employees and how and what was needed to be productive. There was always a discussion which included all employees, on a number of issues. Management did take into consideration what the front line personnel had to express.
The hardest part for me was working so far away from home, and when I talked to my boss about this problem he arranged for me to work from home. I would recommend UnitedHealth as a great place to be employed and good for advancement.
Nice working environment
workforce analyst (Current Employee), mckinley, taguigJuly 31, 2015
Pros: healthcare, reimbursement, laptops
UnitedHealth Group have a good working enviroment that they provide with the employees. Everything you need in pantry, toilet, workstaion and etc are all available.
A Productive Environment
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Development and Growth
Cons: Pay
United Healthcare is a supportive environment on development and growth on whatever their employees want to do. I enjoy being a Health Advisor and being able to learn the different aspects of the Health Care Reform.
Needs a Union
Business Analyst (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Management, Pay, and Health Benefits
UHG does not have a Union. Employees that transfer or get promoted to new positions are paid below market value. It is extremely hard for employees to grow financially and career wise. During reorganizations, UHG allows upper management to place holds on departments,that keeps employees from transfering or being considered for other positions within the company. The health benefits are not good.

The company offers nice discounts and work force training (certifications).
Its a learning experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), sugarland, txJuly 30, 2015
Great co workers busy schedule.. lots of calls less pay. vacation benefits are accumilated not given up front.. its very unorganized. no room for growth.
great place to work
Claims Processor (Telecommuter) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 30, 2015
This is a excellent company to work for. At this point I am looking to expand my knowledge of insurance. There is a lot of room for growth.
Travel incentives excellent
Traveling Phlebotomist (Former Employee), NationwideJuly 29, 2015
Travelled nationwide performing health screening, Free hotel, rental car, mileage, travel pay, nice hotels. Hardest part of the job, running thru airport. packing equipment, shipping to fedex.
Great place to advance your career
Human Resource Direct Service Advisor (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2015
I love the organization as a whole and believe that they work hard to encompass their employees needs. It is a great place to advance your career as they offer many different opportunities and with the fast growth of the company as well.
Invests in the career development of thier employees
Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 29, 2015
UHG Invests resources and time in the career development of thier employees through employee development programs and career guidance through Human Resources. UHG cares about its employees and provides the support needed to develop one's career.
great coworkers and company
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great workplace and company
Cons: nothing is wrong
this company was remarkable down to very last day when my dept was laid off i loved it and wish that i could return. every one was dependable. there was no hard job.
Good Experience with Above Average Benefits Package
Government Programs Enrollment Representative II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits Packages
Cons: As with most large corporations, the employee can get lost in the numbers.
In the time I had working for UnitedHealth Group I found it a place with high expectations and a supportive team environment. Being a health insurance company the health benefits package was extensive and included benefits other companies are generally unable to offer due to costs.
Great place to work, good emplyee support, personally rewarding
Senior Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: PTO Low cost for Health Insurance
Cons: Not much in the way of accounting, finance or HR in Duluth
Very good place to work. Great people to work with, advancement possibilities, just not much in my field. Nice PTO, health insurance etc
Broker Manager for United Healthcare
Broker Manager/Independent Agent (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJuly 27, 2015
The great part of the job is working with so many great people. Being broker manager gives me a chance to lead by example and train my agents to do what I do. The UHC Broker Sales Managers are quite helpful in what they do for our teams. They are always willing to lend a hand. The downside is the compensation with UHC. They have a constant stream of chargebacks and overpayments. It not a good way to run a business.
One of the hardest jobs you will ever have but well worth the training
Claims Representative Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benefits
Cons: Schedule
Since its customer service oriented plus claims processing, it is by far the hardest job there is...but well worth the experience.
Career Opportunities
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Sugarland, TexasJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Changing lives
Cons: Policies
It is truly a position that has various career opportunities if you are willing to be patient. It is what you make of it. If you're willing to put in the time, good things can come of it.
Headquarters