UnitedHealth Group
1,811 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Limited ability be promoted
Nurse (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: telecommute positions available
Cons: limited promotion opportunities
UHC is a for profit company and can be stingy with resources. It is a matrix organization and makes it difficult for managers to take full responsibility/control of projects.
a very good company to work for.
Pharmacy Technician Prior Authorization Department (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: sitting for for long periods of time
a very productive place with high volume calls daily. must be able to
multitask. must be able to meet all stats to receive company bonus.
A great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNFebruary 4, 2015
A great company to work for a project management professional. Tons of opportunities to work on a variety of technologies and tools. Provides ample career opps to advance skills
Great Place to work
Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Great environment, team atmosphere, always room for advancement. Flexible work hours. Open door policy. Very Green company
United Healthcare Sales through 3rd party
Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Call center enviornment,More concerned about making sales not about the individual,Micromanaged,Will make you work every holiday.
Director (Current Employee), TelecommuterFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: work culture, support for work/life balance, lots of opportunties, high performance culture
There are a lot opportunities to do different things and/or advance. Employees are well respected. Surrounded by smart people who get things done.
No leeway
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: its average
Cons: almost no room for advancement, shady management practices
Pay is low, benefits are mediocre, work atmosphere is alright. Any mistake can get you fired under company policy. Favoritism exists, but is most prevalent for long time employees. Older, tenured employees make multiple mistakes but never see corrective action.
The UHC way...
Sr. Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Cypress,CaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: a good commute to work
Cons: no great leadership
A typical day could be a little stressful due to alot of process changes on how to handle your work load. I learned to stay positive no matter what! Managment?? My co-workers...great,we always work as a team. The hardest part of my job to deal with a lot of negativity from higher up.The most enjoyable part is to provide great services to the members & providers.
Excellent people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: fun office atmosphere, teamwork
Cons: short breaks, unavailable time off
I thoroughly enjoyed the management and leadership at UHC, but it was very difficult to balance work and home life. The position offered PTO, but after trying to schedule doctor appointments and vacation time months in advance only to be told no can make life a little difficult.
Provider Phone rep (Current Employee), Richardson TXFebruary 3, 2015
I was intake specialist I had great training management was great coworkers were fun the hardest part of the job was the importance of it and the most enjoyable part is changing lives
Unsupportive
Pre-Service review nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Corporate mind set and unyielding playbook. There are no exceptions to there rule book, you either conform and fit in or you are out! Not understanding of human needs.
Favorite job ever
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great health care benefits, raises, bonus compensation.
Cons: many lay offs due to purchasing pacifcare.
Great work ethics. Strong team environment. Excellent management guidance. I supported the senior management team. Great moral within the company. Strong involvement with the community.
I would not recomment United Health Group
Employee Installation Representative (Current Employee), Overland ParkFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: my supervisor
Cons: the pay
I would not recommend UHC because they make you feel like you should appreciate the low pay, horrible benefits and If you don't appreciate it then they are happy to remove you especially under our new manangement
UHG
Provider Service Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 2, 2015
I really enjoy a healthy working environment. Escalated issues, claims calls, conflict resolution. Excellent Leadership.
Awesome Work Projects
Lead Informatica Developer (Former Employee), MPLSFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: transparent culture
Cons: doesn't suit pocket
Worked for 3 years and loved each and everyday , the toughness make you grow exponentially. Team mates were amazing, Management backs you all the times, and you enjoy everyday being there.
Good pay, benefits and people, but long hours
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits are decent, bonuses, pay
Cons: no interaction with supervisor, not enough off the phone time, mentally exhausting
A typical day is going in, sitting on a computer for 8 hours and answering phones to assist members with their health insurance needs. Have never met my direct supervisor and have a hard time trying to contact them for questions or advise. Had to go to extensive measures to opt out of mandatory overtime as I have a family and other personal issues that prevent me from working over 8 hours a day. Not enough time to work on the commitments that we have to set to fully satisfy the members.
Review the benefit information
Senior Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 30, 2015
The benefits, for being the largest health insurance organization, are not good. You need to make sure you truly understand the deductible choices as a family plan can cost 7k our of pocket. Ask for more salary.
great advantage--telephonic position
Registered Nurse/Inpatient Case Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
time management is key to this job. typical day truly is not typical and that is one of the perks of the job. no day is the same. everyday is a learning opportunity. hardest part of this job at this time is new mandated turn around times, but, hurdles are meant to be overcome.
Great pay
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: frequent schedule changes and forced time off; unorganized to work for
I like the job that I am doing however the company that holds the contract with UHG is very disorganized.
Easy going job
Customer Service & Correspondence Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Taking calls to better assist the members. Customer service is always first

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos