UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,041 reviews matching the search
Good Job
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The work is good but the benefit packages are awful. We work for an insurance company and cant get good benefit. This job is good if you want to go to college for they will work with your schedule.
Could not get a good read on my 2 supervisors while I was working there
Telecommute RN (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 8, 2017
I was completely blindsided when I was let go. No warning-was given 2 weeks notice that was paid. Was great working from home. Could not get a good read on my 2 supervisors while I was working there
Pros
work from home
Cons
Could not get a good read on my 2 supervisors while I was working there
great company to work for
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I would refer someone to work with this company I really learned a lot of helpful work lessons to help me with other jobs. I have nothing bad to say about the company.
Very great place to start a career
Resolution Specialist/ Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
I love the core values of the company and the scheduling you can work amazing hours and you can also work from home. You can truly grow within the company and really fast if you are determined. Management is very laid back and as it is at any job it is what you make it and the goal is to be professional do your job and go home.
UnitedHealthcare
COB Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 7, 2017
I have never worked in such a terrible place. The management does not help with work/life balance as they say they do. Also their non-retaliation policy is a lie.
Very busy place
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 7, 2017
Very busy place fast pace environment, great work culture and environment. Interfaced with a number of employees around the world. United Healthcare Group is a very big company with a lot of resources to become successful.
Umr
CUSTOMER SERVICE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Answering the phones for flexible spending and delivering world class customer service. Processing Flexible Spending claims in between calls.
Pros
Options for advancement
Cons
Too much overtime
Love it
Clinical Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2017
Love my job and my team! Lots of potential and advancement within. The work/life balance is good, but the benefits and pay could be better. I really like my job.
Job Security and Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Lack of organization from day one, not a lot of support from leads, coaches, other departments lack of ethic and a lot of errors that lead to a lot of angry members calling.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility to an extent
Cons
No Job Security
Worked at home as a Remote Auditor for Medicare
HCC Coding/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 7, 2017
Had quota of charts to meet each day, up to 45. Had to pay for own internet, and make sure my cell phone was in good working order. Training daily which helped with auditing
Pros
work at home
Cons
sometimes there was not work to dod
busy and fun
Physician Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 7, 2017
Fun people to work for. Could be stressful working with the agents as they can be very demanding and short tempered.

Come in and pull up all the different working systems we would use. Sign on the phone and wait for the calls to come in.

The calls would range anywhere from a agent needing help passing there state certifications to needing to know if there potential client had medicaid for the state they lived in.

It was pretty much non stop the whole shift.

Some of the agent were sweet old men who didnt understand how their computers worked and being able to trouble shoot the computers with them was enjoyable.
Pros
free food during open enrollment and prizes
Cons
mandatory overtme during open enrollment
Financially Sound Company
PRA (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Lots of opportunity within company, but not a very "promote from within" friendly company. Semi-relaxed culture. Professional atmosphere.
Wonderful and Diverse Workplace
Senior Provider Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 6, 2017
United Healthcare provided me a wonderful working and learning opportunity. I learned the importance of providing high levels of customer service and the importance of accuracy/accountability as it relates to information being provided to the customer and/or provider. United provided so many tools(Ulearns) to assist in the ability to effectively perform my job duties. The workplace culture was very diverse and there was no tolerance for discrimination on any level. They allowed a fantastic balance between work and life! I would say the hardest part of my job was the constant transitioning of the company . The company would restructure at times and it was during these times that were most difficult. It required you to take on more platforms but didn't always provide adequate time for training of those platforms. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to help people live healthier lives !
Great company
OPTICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dundalk MarylandFebruary 6, 2017
Great company worldwide opportunity to grow. Very high-volume fast paced job. Able to set goals and hit those goals understanding your job title
Pros
Able to learn something different everyday
Cons
For very content person
Excellent company
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 5, 2017
Excellent company to work with. The company really cares about its employee, the management are always there to support its employees in anyway they can.
Productive and fun working place with compassionate people
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 5, 2017
We have a lot of fun at work. The nature of the calls can get stressful some times but UHG has a lot of supportive people there for smiles and help. Overall it's a good job. Good compensation.
Decent place to work
customer first representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Very fast paced, with a heavy workload. The company has a good atmosphere, private workspaces for all employees. There plenty of room for advancement within the company, within a short period of time.
the pay is okay, the job is terrible
Bilingual Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2017
the pay is okay the job is terrible. The office is dead, people think they are better than you are when you begin working. The manager have selective few and have their favorites. It was not enjoyable at all working here
Typical day
Customer Care Professional SR. (CCP) (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day in the call center is very stressful due to call volume or there may periods of open enrollment where we have to take more than 100 calls a day, but its all about helping the members
some flexible
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2017
okay place to work for. benefits, including salary for social workers, could be improved. were a lot of program changes during my time of employment. May have been some changes since then.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.