UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

WORST WORK ENVIROMENT
intake coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Cons: 3 wks pto
Work day consist of 80-100 calls inbound. Creating cases, researching or being verbally abused by irate providers.No one is on the same page.your thrown onto new teams with very little training supposed to be back up however feels like it's your primary team. quality guidelines is the most stressful. You cough to hard you get a zero.if you don't say – more... exactly what each scripts says u get a zero.they are ridiculous but they don't want you to sound robotic REALLY. NONE OF THE SUPERVISORS/HIGHER MGMT has your back.you are on your own. many reps in the department has tried multiple times to transfer to different departments and get declined. NO GROWTH at all. Going above and beyond don't mean nothing. Everyone feels STUCK. Supervisors shows favoritism. It's no morale.I HATE IT! Hope to get something soon with less STRESS and feel more appreciated for the work you do.we are on the front line for everything. They continuously add more to your job to do on a call.its like slavery in disguise! It wasn't this terrible when I started. I would NEVER REFER ANYONE TO WORK IN SUCH A STRESSED ENVIROMENT! Ask anyone from this department you will get the same review! – less
best job
Data Entry Specialist /Account Representative (Former Employee), New York,nyMarch 24, 2014
love that place and everybody in there is like family and best temp job.
n/a
Resolving Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 22, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
UnitedHealth Group was a great company to work with.
AP/AR Specialist (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJMarch 21, 2014
One of the best company to work for they provide a lot of to thier employees to help balance work, health and personal life.
No longer a place I enjoy working for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Trumbull, ConnecticutMarch 21, 2014
Pros: most recently, there no longer are any pros
Cons: tied to a computer system that monitors every minute of your time
I would love to work for a company that values their employees and does not base the quality of their work on production of numbers only. I have worked in my current position for 13 years and always enjoyed going into work until my department was moved over to another platform. I want to enjoy my work again.
High energy, productive workplace
Disability Claims Representative (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: bonuses, wages
United HealthGroup is a friendly environment to work in. A typical day at work varies day to day, but each day has it's own challenges. I enjoy learning new things each day with my job experience and I also enjoy educating members.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good fair pay
Cons: health insurance market changes with government contracts so will your job
Good people to work with. Lots of oppy to work from home and they are up to date tech wise making your life very easy if you telecommute. Lots of oppy to learn via Ulearn on line if employed. They hire a lot of contractors because they have so many gov contracts. The trend I have seen is they don't tend to hire their contractors even if they say they – more... they will. Co-workers are alway happy - all my bosses were cool and down to earth. – less
UHC
Adjustment Representative (Current Employee), TexasMarch 19, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks of vacation; ability to telecommute
Cons: bad communication; underappreciated
UHC is a great Fortune 500 company. Internally, there are opportunities to grow with experience. However, there is a lack of the ability to expand your knowledge, or ability to learn other platforms in my department.This would allow you to have a higher qualification for other positions. While in my position, I have learned communication skills and – more... time management, also while learning team dynamics, corporate culture and diversity.

My co-workers are not team players and everyone seems miserable in what they are doing. I have volunteered to be the Social Responsibility Rep and work with the Employee Engagement rep to try and increase morale and teamwork. This is the most enjoyable part of my current role, because I want to remain happy and very optimistic. The hardest part of the job is having to feel like your opinions, ideas and suggestions are not valuable. Also communication is terrible throughout the company. Everything seems to get lost in translation It seems no one is ever on the same page. UHC is all about Quality, but misinterpreted or a lack of communication causes bad direction. This in turn causes bad quality and quantity on the level of work actually performed. – less
Not a lot of work to do there
Inbound Representative -Randstad Contract (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 19, 2014
needed to be cross trained on other programs, very slow work day.
Typical insurqance company dealing with member's health insurance.
Health Advisor (Current Employee), St. Louis MOMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: advancement
A typical work day consists of assisting members with beneift questions, claims, and prescritions. As a health advisor I am here t assist members with understanding their health insuarace. The thing I enjoy most is helping others. I have learned alot of things such as unerstsnding medical beneifts, billing codes, and reading prescrition formularies.
Was a new comer to health insurance
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: lots of recognition, great hours (anywhere during m-f 7-7)
Cons: pay, benefits
A typical day at work consists of answering anywhere from 85-100 calls, all inbound. You will use at least 3 systems on each call but can use up to 6 per call depending on the provider. Once training is over there is a major culture shock. There are things that you are going to wish you were prepared for during training but give it time..... My trainer – more... told me it would take about 6 months for everything to make sense and she was right. Now a year later, I have learned how to quote benefts, check for authorization for all procedures. I have learned how to read how a claim is processed. I have learned so many things in the year I have been with UHC.

FOR ME, the most enjoyable part of my job is my job. I love all aspects of it. Don't get me wrong, UHC is not perfect by any means and depending on you certain things will get to you. But I do want to encourage you, if you apply for this position give it 1 year.... you wont be sorry.
In the same breathe, the hardest part of my job is my job. There are still claims that come by that I have no idea how to handle. There are still times when I get a benefit I haven't had or that make no sense and it does get frustrating because there is not a lot of hands on help BUT..... during the 4 month training... you will receive all the tools that you will need once you get to the floor. So from DAY 2 until you end your career....PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID AND READ ALL YOUR EMAILS!!!

O and they offer 2 bonuses per year based off your performance. – less
Worked as a Test Engineer (QA) for 3 years
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), IndiaMarch 18, 2014
Tester for 3 years, worked on different applications such as mainframe, java, qtp, hp etc
n/a
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), jacksonvilleMarch 18, 2014
Unloading and loading cargo on and off airplanes. work in teams to bring in and take out planes.
Work Day
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2014
As long as you do your job you will be ok. There is no stability
Professional environment, with room to advance
Temp (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 17, 2014
A typical day at United Health Care consist of speaking to health care members, wanting to know the prescription drug plans that we offered and which would be the best fit for them.
Helping costumers make educated decisions.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Port St. Lucie WestMarch 17, 2014
Pros: helping those who really need it.
Cons: problems in communication.
A typical day is answering calls from individuals 65 years of age or older to assist them in choosing a Prescription Drug Plan. You must speak clearly and be easy to understand. Management is full of nice people who want you to succeed. The hardest part is struggles in communication and relaying information in the best way possible. What's really enjoyable – more... about this job is knowing your efforts have helped a person in need pay for their dire medications and to relieve them of the burden of highly expensive drugs. – less
A nice change from direct care
Site Director Neighborhood Connections (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 17, 2014
Pros: support for continuing education and updating clinical skills.
Cons: some lack of consistency within management directives.
For five years, I worked in the utilization management department. It was rewarding to continue using my clinical skills for keeping quality of care for members of the healthcare plan. It also was a great change from the direct care career I had previously held. I was able to enjoy a more traditional workday atmosphere.

My coworkers are supportive – more... and professional and a wonderful resource for information and expertise outside my own knowledge.

The hardest part of the job was embracing change in the fast paced world of healthcare reform. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a collaborative atmosphere to improve the quality and continuity of patient care. – less
Great Place to work
Customer Service Advocate/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great pay and great benefits
Cons: long hours, mandatory overtime, 6 days- 7 work week, hard on family.
Great place to work, supportive management and great co-workers. would still be there now if I was able to get over to the nursing side. That is my passion!
Testing, Teaching, and Intake/Phone skills.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great people, changeling in a good way. helped people.
Cons: laid off, and my job is off shore now.
I first worked at UBH (United Healthcare) doing Intake work. Taking calls from people accessing their mental health benefits. I started teaching new staff how to use the in-house software. I also became a QA analyst and tested new software, and helped role out the programs. I developed a database for internal use and follow up of clients.
Productive goal-oriented work atmosphere under new management
Pharmacy Benefit/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDMarch 15, 2014
Goal oriented job atmosphere under new management.
Co-operative co-workers and team members. Learnt important things about medications and pharmacy operations

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos