UnitedHealth Group

2.2K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good emplyee support, personally rewarding
Senior Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: PTO Low cost for Health Insurance
Cons: Not much in the way of accounting, finance or HR in Duluth
Very good place to work. Great people to work with, advancement possibilities, just not much in my field. Nice PTO, health insurance etc
Broker Manager for United Healthcare
Broker Manager/Independent Agent (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJuly 27, 2015
The great part of the job is working with so many great people. Being broker manager gives me a chance to lead by example and train my agents to do what I do. The UHC Broker Sales Managers are quite helpful in what they do for our teams. They are always willing to lend a hand. The downside is the compensation with UHC. They have a constant stream of chargebacks and overpayments. It not a good way to run a business.
One of the hardest jobs you will ever have but well worth the training
Claims Representative Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benefits
Cons: Schedule
Since its customer service oriented plus claims processing, it is by far the hardest job there is...but well worth the experience.
Career Opportunities
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Sugarland, TexasJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Changing lives
Cons: Policies
It is truly a position that has various career opportunities if you are willing to be patient. It is what you make of it. If you're willing to put in the time, good things can come of it.
Excellent workplace
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 26, 2015
UHG is great place to work where you learn new things each day.
You face challenges at work and that brings the best out of me.
UnitedHealth Group is a good company.
Employer Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2015
UnitedHealth Group is a good company to work for. I have enjoyed the chance to meet a few interesting people while employed here. There are limited chances for career advancement in my specific area of the company, so I am seeking a chance to grow within or at another company.
excellent benefits and job security
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: constant changes in healthcare laws and company policies.
Challenging because of quality and production requirements that seemed to change constantly.

Good place to work overall.

I enjoy solving problems and that was the basic responsibility of the job however due to a complicated software system where our resources were stored it was a difficult job to learn and master.

Plenty of help from Subject Matter Experts that were available via e-mail communications.
contest
Clinical Administrator/Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Health Care
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Working as a team we always had contest chances to win money and paid days off. The company over all was wonderful to work for.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 23, 2015
Pros: You get to take care of amazing patients
Cons: everything about this company!
Once United Healthcare cam in and took over Hospice Inspiris the company went to the dumps. They don't care about their employees or their patients, they just want the census and the numbers. they do not have a good reputation in the community at all. If you go to work as a field hospice nurse, be prepaired to give up all hours of your life! They suck the energy out of you. Management is horrible!
Great place to work. uhc hires amazing and well respected people
advocate4me rep (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2015
I love what i do at uhc. uhc is numbers driven but we have supervisor who allows that balance of work and life. We are growing at a rapid pace and we have great opportunities to move up in the company.
Senior Clinical Appeals Reviewer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Love my Job, Manager and co-workers. Typical day at work always busy and always open to learn new responsibilities and always challenges.
Far too much expected from their employees
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Day shift schedule
Cons: Too many job functions for the salary
At first it sounds great cause its a day shift, no weekends position.
Then more and more gets dumped on you.
The other employees are not the problem. The philosophy that's been changed get over the course of the last year is the problem.
This was once considered the cream of the crop of call centers for this area.
Trust, it is now the dumpster.
Take your talent elsewhere where you'll be appreciated. And to a company that will actually allow you to use your vacation time.
Progressive and strong company.
Associate Compensation Director (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 21, 2015
Great work environment with exceptionally talented employees. Fast paced but a rewards for results type of company. Good opportunities for career advancement.
UHC
DRG (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: UHC
Cons: UHC
UHC is a decent workplace to work for. Very diverse company, could use better benefits considering you're working for a health insurance company anyway.
Great Pay for the type of work
Healthcare Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Short lunches
It pays very well, but the hours given were not so hot but not too bad.. more so mid shift. I love that we have weekends off. The calls are not that busy but we do have busy days at times. Management knows nothing about the calls, but our supervisor knows alot. Management is very nice and all about their business. The hardest part is daily changes on how to handle the calls, or what job is to be called – more... out on. The most enjoyable part is you are NOT micro managed, even though they can see your every move on the computers, but as long as you follow the schedule as closely as possible you will be fine. My coworkers are the best, everyone gets along very well. So its a good company to work for, but I hate the insurance plans we have..those are not so good. You would think since we work for them we would have better options. – less
Constant changes in process and goals
Manager (Current Employee), MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: well compensated
Cons: no work life balance
The division was recently acquired by UHG, and since have experienced a multitude of changes. Poor communication between business units no accountable, lack needed technology and unrealistic expectations from upper management
Benefits could be better
Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Professional coworkers, great technology
Cons: Health benefits not the best
Enjoy the job well enough, work from home opportunities.
It's sad that a healthcare organization offers health insurance with VERY high deductibles to meet. I have to pay the first $1,850 out of pocket each year before it will pay for anything! Rx drug, office visits, anything.
Great Company
SR TRAINER (Former Employee), Birmingham, Al and Minnetonka, MNJuly 19, 2015
UHG allowed me to learn as many products as I wanted to learn. I traveled extensively while in this role and enjoyed my 9 years at the company. I worked hard and received several promotions and I left only for one reason. I wanted to challenge myself to another company and product line.

I would highly suggest this company to anyone who wishes a careet at UHC.

July 20, 2015

Thanks for the great review and so glad you enjoyed your time working here!

Great Company, Bad Management
Provider Data Specialist (Current Employee), Provider Verifications OutreachJuly 16, 2015
I had a manager that was not equipt for her position and no one would do anything about it. I loved the position though. It was very simple and the pay was great for the job that you are doing.
Enjoyable place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Learning the MSDos computer system
Cons: Fast paced
I enjoyed being able to help reprocess medical claims that the system did not correctly process the first time and working with my fellow employees.

July 20, 2015

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed working here and thanks for doing your life's best work.(sm)

Headquarters