UnitedHealth Group
1,667 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Good place to work with great values.
Clamis Specialist (Current Employee), Horsham, PANovember 5, 2014
Review available upon interview. I would prefer my review not be shown publicly on Indeed or any other site.
Quite area for reading was nice.
Provider Representative/Provider Relations (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: stock share program
Cons: no room for advancement
Nice to have approachable managers. My day began early at 6:30am because all of my accounts were located on the east coast. This worked well in the since that I am a morning person.
BAD
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston, NYNovember 5, 2014
This company has no training skills, it was terrible! Out dated learning material. Taught the 'basics' and expected to take it from there. Extremely stressful job.
Work
Sr. Medical Coder (Current Employee), Ontario, CANovember 5, 2014
Come into my office and code some charts 50-100 charts a day. I sometimes have meetings about twice a day. I visit an doctor's office once a month to see if they have any questions about documentation.
NA
Program Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Remote workforce is a great advantage. Able to handle many diverse and competing demands
DECENT JOB A BIT MISLEADING
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee), TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great hours, paid holidays, open to employee input
Cons: poor benefits, poor staffing, lots of favoritism
I was hired on with the expectations that this is not like other call centers at all and the environment is so different and bonuses galore yada yada yada. Well surprise surprise it is just like any other call center and I havent seen one bonus yet (including my "guaranteed" 6 month raise). The supervisors do put forth an effort to make it somewhat – more... fun and inviting but other than that I dont know what they really do to help the employees. They never deal with real problems on the floor and that just baffles me.
One great thing about the company is the vital signs they do each year where they really take into account feedback from every employee. that is not something Ive had a previous jobs at all and was very impressed!
Benefits offered by the company are ridiculous considering they are an INSURANCE company!! – less
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Rep Sr (Former Employee), New HampshireNovember 4, 2014
Pros: management, upward mobility
Cons: can't think of one
I really enjoyed working for UHG. Corporate environment, fun atmosphere , great people to work with. The job itself was great as well, very professional, tons of room for advancement.
Exciting work environment
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: surrounded by great co-workers
Cons: metrics
There was never a dull moment at United Health Group. I was able to assist many healthcare professionals with their claim needs and some insisted to have a direct line to speak with me on their next inquiry
Typical Day
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHNovember 3, 2014
Entering Data
Submitting requests
Engaging with customers through Direct communication
Behind the scenes of healthcare
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Nashua, NHNovember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: healthcare options; out of state team/ team leaders; poor training; focus on quantity, not quality
Reviewed claims appeals--- researched benefit policies and contracts to resolve issue. Utilized management and co-workers to assist in the resolution process,

Navigation of the various systems were complicated and not very user friendly.

Co-workers were friendly and helpful.

Teams consisted of co-workers across the country-- very impersonal.
Good Working Environment
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee), INNovember 3, 2014
Good Place to work with. Like Job Culture, Good Compensation, Work Life Balance.
Fast Paced, Constantly Changing, Advancement, Pay
Provider Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Miami,FLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: pay, schedule, breaks, supervisor
Cons: parking
My time with united healthcare has not only been pleasant but it has also changed me as a person. The values of the organization have become a part of my every day life outside of the workplace. My family and friends have also noticed the change and it is a wonderful feeling. I've been employed only a year and have received two raises and a bonus. Don't – more... be mislead by some of the previous reviews. I am 23 and i've been employed at a few top organizations but this by far has been my best employer yet. – less
Insurance company in sunny Florida
Claims Processor/Adjustor (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Nice company to work for, flexible with schedules for employees.
very demanding
customer service (Former Employee), HooksettOctober 30, 2014
management wasn't very helpful, it was a very demanding job and your shift changed a lot
Productive and fun workplace
Applications Developer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2014
Great experience, great benefits. The only problem occurred in 2000 when they hired a new CIO ... he shut us down and put 80 on the street. Other than, it was a great place to be.
Productive atmosphere
Associate Provider Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 28, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Horrible place to work. No job stability.
claims (Former Employee), pittsburgh paOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: short breaks, mandatory ot
This company is a horrible place to work. The management is changing constantly. It's very unorganized. The benefits are a joke and they are outsourcing jobs left and right to India. The bonuses are horrible and pay not so great.
great place to work!!!
Account Director, Sales Director (Former Employee), TelecommuteOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great company to work for!
office and telecommute environment is top notch. totally focused on their membership and how to manage their business responsibly.
Terrible
Claim Processor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 27, 2014
I used to see this company as very rewarding, professional, and beneficial. However recently, my opinion is forever changed. I have to agree with some other reviewers. You are constantly being watched, micromanaged, and treated like a child. Managers are unprofessional, they repeat favoritism, and you even get harassed from time to time. You get treated – more... as if you are a slave. You also have to expect overtime. Even when you cannot work it you can also get in trouble.

Besides the benefits, this job is worthless. You have a very hard time moving up within the company. They are transferring many jobs overseas (hydrabad) where no one over there is held accountable for anything incorrect. Also your pay increases are very slim. If you get one it's a max of .30 for the year. They do not usually promote within. I can't tell you how many times i have seen external promotion where they had no experience in anything healthcare related. they make it EXTREMELY difficult to get raises. Basically if you get in trouble for anything at all, even for production (as in you had a hard time meeting standards regardless of whatever reason) you will not receive a raise.

The company is only beneficial to you if you wish to be a Manager.

They only look for the best interests of themselves. Greedy.

Don't work here. – less
h
Medicare Specialist / Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 27, 2014
I am a commissioned contract employee. I was never really around management

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos