UnitedHealth Group
2,059 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Not clear on the direction of the company
Resolving Analyst/Adjuster (Former Employee), Richardson,TXMay 27, 2015
Typical day consisted on working appeals accounts for Texas, Maryland, and New York while also providing data entry of accounts for Triage.
Excellent company
Senior Product Director (Current Employee), Florida telecommuterMay 26, 2015
A great company with lots of opportunity, innovative and supportive of new ideas. Great compensation with 401K match and stock purchase program. Biggest challenge is work/life balance and working 50+ hour weeks
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 26, 2015
Great company to grow in and move around with great benefits. Management has great leadership and are open to discuss career paths and help you get to your career paths.
UHG Review
RN HRCM (Telecommuter) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Reduced travel time to work
Cons: Poor job security and upward mobility.
The management is not supportive. The job security is poor because if their are financial cutbacks due to contractual issues jobs are cut with minimal notice.
productive
Sales Manager (Former Employee), miami, flMay 24, 2015
Pros: great company benefits and good pay
Cons: outside managing companies are not good such as evercare
great place to work as long as United healthcare is managing directly.

great benefits including insurances and time off.
bar tender
Cashier/Dispensed Beer (Former Employee), Sacramento caMay 22, 2015
Pros: being able to walk around on our lunch and site seeing
Cons: having to count cups and making sure it was the right numbers
Opened stand for the state fair. I learned how to pour beer and handling large amounts of cash. My management was fun yet firm and understanding and helpful with all questions. Worked as a team we were able to teach each other things. serving multiple people their beer. being outside talking with the customers and them giving me tips
Great Place to work
Quality Project Coordinator-Team Lead (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TxMay 22, 2015
Pros: Staff
Contacted providers offices via phone or fax to obtain medical records for HEDIS review. Records were retrieve to review the quality of care between our members and the providers of care. The management staff was great and encouraged us to meet our full potential. The best part of the position was the working at Unitedhealthcare and the hardest part was leaving.
Play the game or you're an outcast
Anonymous (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Work at home
Cons: Benefits, Management, Lack of Accountability, No room for advancement unless you know the right person
Working at home is the most positive thing about this company.

Employees are nice, but management is not very accepting of people that stand up for themselves. Very childish environment where you have to play a game to get ahead and know the right person to even be considered.
NA
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 21, 2015
I had a chance to interact with older Medicare members. The easy part was making a connection with people but hearing them call about notifying us of death was the difficult part.
fun productive place to work
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMay 21, 2015
extensive training and high goal expectations. fun culture. management was adequate. There was mandatory overtime for months at a time but the pay was well worth it. the facility was nice and the hours were lovely.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
Front Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), CYPRESS, CAMay 20, 2015
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING AT THIS JOB. THEY ENGAGE ALOT WITH THEIR PPL AND THE CO WORKERS ARE AWESOME. THEY HAVE DO NOT REHIRE THOUGH.
A good company to work for, but had it's pros and cons.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work was handling all incoming patient related concerns on a daily basis. I learned how to handle every situation I had to deal with, from screaming members to members who were always very polite. The management I worked for was excellent and supportive. Unfortunately, the department I worked for the co-workers only cared about themselves and were not team players. In an office environment, working as a team is essential in keeping the work flowing smoothly. The hardest part of this job was the members who were always calling with complaints and sometimes would stay upset because we couldn't do anything to change their situation. The most enjoyable part of this job was my management, as she was a great manager. This company was also in transition to becoming United Healthcare when I was working there.
Pros of being supervisor
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), DenverMay 20, 2015
Call center work can be very stressful. Whether you work for a customer service, sales, or technical service account, you will encounter heavy stress. This is part of the reason why a lot of call center agents are smokers. The stress from call center work does not only come from the nature of the work, it also comes from the culture of the customers that we deal with.
Worst Company.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), Cypress, CaMay 19, 2015
Pros: All Bad.
Cons: Short Lunches over work under payed.
I worked for united Health care worst company.
Very unprofessional environment,lots of favortism.This job is so stressful you're not promoted by your work ethics. You're promoted by who you know and by kissing butt. Management, isn't helpful at all. High turnover rate. Very high school environment just ghetto as can be. Do yourself a favor dont go here. Under payed over worked. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Cannot get any assistance from management. Customers are treated poorly, manangement never return customers calls. Just very frustrating company to work for.
Felt as though I was making an impact on growth daily
Team Lead/Manager of Contracting (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Job Work/Life Balance was key. Management was very positive. Benefits could have been better. Suggested changes were taken seriously.
Stressful work environment
Provider phone representative (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 18, 2015
I worked for this company for over two years and for the first year and a half, I enjoyed what I did. Now it is becoming clear that UHC's management is slacking. Our systems have so many issues; meaning, in provider services we have a lot of denied claims with no explanations. Our claims processing system is a complete failure. They have been making everyone in work mandatory overtime for 3 months out of this year so far. We are so busy because of all the issues that have yet to be fixed. This is a decent paying job with decent benefits, but at this point, I would leave this company for a job I could enjoy more even if that meant a pay cut. I am looking forward to getting out of this company and I do not recommend this as a job for anyone.
Great Company
License Insurance Agent/TeleSales (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Volunteer work, Flexibility, Healthcare, Education
I love working at UnitedHealth Care as a licensed insurance agent. I mostly receive inbound calls of Medicare eligible individuals. I help confirm eligibility, go over plan information and enroll over the phone. If that isn't the fit for their needs I set up in home appointments or a group meeting after confirming HIPAA. I do make outbound calls as needed based on company needs. I enjoy helping others by helping them make educated decisions on their health care needs and making a difference.
United Health Group
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2015
Not really a good company to work for. Would not recommend to anyone. Low pay and too mich work. Havent learned anything and the mandatory over time is too much
RE: Call center rep
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 18, 2015
The company as a whole was great to work for. The benefits were excellent. I did not like the call center atmosphere at all however, I liked talking to the clients.
Very fortunate to be employed by this company
Onsite Care Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Supportive, competent and knowledgeable managers, decent salary and benefits
Cons: None for me so far
Supportive, knowledgeable and competent manager, more than adequate education opportunities, decent salary and benefits and very cohesive team of nurses managing the NYC providers and members.

About UnitedHealth Group

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$5,820 per month
Nurse Practitioner
$30,994 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main