UnitedHealth Group
1,808 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great people, free lunches every week.
Cons: mundane tasks 9-5.
Participated in a marketing team while helping out with administrative tasks. Excel work was a huge part of the internship. The other half was learning the structure of department and the tasks of managers on a daily basis.
only a temp position
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great position
Cons: only temp
was only a temp position would have like to stay there, nice place to work.
Great Place to Work
Provider Contracting Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I really enojyed the time I worked at UHC. The only downside wast he frequent changes in upper management and department shifts . Other than that the pay was good and often times you had the ability to learn multiple positions.
too much overtime
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2015
They make you work 10 + hours a day and pay is horrible. Would not recommend working here to anyone!
Unique workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 26, 2015
The best part of working from United was they worked around my school schedule as well as getting to work from home. The managers were always willing to assist in any way that they can
Technical and productive work environment, with the opportunity for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: on-site cafeteria, ability to grow & apply for different positions within the company, friendly co-workers.
Cons: micro-managing at times, no incentives, depth of being up-trained on new processes or new material.
- Setting up your work station, including all systems & tools to help you do your work efficiently, answering inbound calls to assist customer's in processing their orders, or answering questions.
- Healthcare information, such as the different types of insurance plans & which covers what, how to process order forms for diabetic testing supplies, what information is needed, & law regulations.
- Management were easy to get along, but not all were as personable as some were. Yet, they made sure work was being done.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, even outside of work.
- The hardest part of the job was applying what was learned in training from the beginning.
- The enjoyable part of the job was learning from each other & the work environment.
Working with a core group odf dedicated and passionate workers
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: lunch meetings
Cons: long extended hours
sells, benefit reviews and marketing, home visits, presentation, networking with providers, senior center, managing a team of 6 workers, training, and customer service training.
Worst company ever in my career!
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: too many to write here!
No one rewards hard work. Overtime never stops. Unprofessional managers and supervisors who don't know anything - includes the vice presidents who make the rules but have no idea how they should work in the dept! Fire people for no reason and the appeal process is a joke. No support from HR. All the good people find other jobs before they get fired and the ones left could care less. Its all about money and not the patients. Tried over 30 times to move up in the company and never got a chance - they "red flag" your file so you can't go any where else - over 5 years I tried! False info given at termination - lots of age discrimination here in Cypress. They don't even let you come back to the company as a "temp" ! Agencies tried to place me in other departments and always turned down for no reason. HR knows how to get around laws - can't see what is in your file or get paid the day you leave!! They don't care because they have the money to fight you and win. They deserve a less than zero overall rating.
2 out of 5 stars
Sr. Telesales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast pace environment, but the issue is simply a lack of job security, and declining moral.

Lower management were great noble people unlike upper management who's only concern is the bottom line period.

I do not regret working for this company simply because I meet some wonderful people who became long term friends.
representatives handle more than they are paid for but supervisors made it worth it
customer service representative (Former Employee), kingston nyJanuary 23, 2015
overall the management at my site is what made my job incredible.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), LOs Angeles, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: geart group of people
Cons: no cons.
Shipping/Receiving, getting shipment ready for shipping, receiving packages from UPS, FedEx.
Learned necessary skills to perform my duties
Supervisor was very helpful in my training
Co-workers were delightful team to work with
The most enjoyable thing about working at United Health Group was the team work everyone displayed
Growing Organization
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: organizational stability
Cons: advancement
High Volume Workload
Poor work life balance
Non-flexible work environment
Inexperienced management on several levels
Under water culture does not match values
Helping others
Very challenging environment
Senior Consultant Data/Research Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: seem to be on 24x7
I work from home.

My typical day at work involves technically supporting our main Web-based subscription application for our clients. My department is a revenue-generating department and is very demanding of both my time (a lot of off-hours work) and effort. More specifically, I am the ETL SAS Lead for my team, often working closely with the Product Development Department team members.

The lower ratings are reflective of the fact that my department has been down two headcount for over two and a half years, and we have been down a third headcount for the past five months. Unfortunately, the strain is showing and although we have just hired three, new team members, my department has been immediately "slammed" in the new year. We need time to get the new members trained, and we do not have it.
Wonderful place to work
Escalation/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick time/hours
Cons: healthcare
Every day is something new and exciting
I've learned to be flexible, because things change and we have to change with them.
Management is very supportive with employees, both business and personal.
I love working with people who love their jobs.
The hardest part of my job is knowing that I can't help everyone
The most enjoyable part and when I'm able to help.
Production
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: working with customers meet their needs
Cons: needed a change in career path
Lot's of growth opportunity for growth I enjoyed working with the managers, the staff and the amount of history I learned while there
About Work Culture With My current Team
IT Data Analytics Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: pay
I have been working with a great team from last couple of years and learned some many things which really boost up my technical and professional skills. I should say, this is one of my best place and team where am currently working with.

And coming to day to day, its more like unplanned work, as we don't know when we really need to stretch as we are part of Operations and Maintenance team.
UMR / UHC call center
Customer Service phone rep (claims & benefits) (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: micro-managing, management
I worked for this company over 5 years
I happened to be hired right after UHC bought UMR in Cincinnati. There were many changes being made and people were quitting and getting fired constantly. Lots of turnover at this company. Management is very very hateful and would add additional phonepath skillsets such as the spanish line to increase call time which makes it impossible to meet their 'numbers'. They would have meetings asking for our opinions on things and then fire the one person that speaks out. Just one excuse after another. There is very limited growth - not many promotions from within unless your one of 'pets'.
work is very hectic and completely disorganized
QA Analyst (Former Employee), philadelphiaJanuary 21, 2015
i would never prefer to work at a place like this basically for the fact that the process is never organized and the deadlines are untimely without proper manpower planning.
Work Culture
Senior SOA/BPM/OSB/OPA Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Very professional, good learning exp. Management is very friendly and helpful, gives you the opportunity to prove yourself
poor work/life balance
Medicare Claims Adjustor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers, telecommute
Cons: mandatory overtime, management, production based
constantly asked to do more with less time, continual mandatory 10 hours of overtime each week, poor management, high stress, only enjoyable part of the job was some of the coworkers

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos