UnitedHealth Group
2,120 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Process inform requests and act as subject matter expert for answering questions of RM specialists
REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
Typical day consists of processing inform requests for errors by the company and answer questions for other RM specialists as the subject matter expert.
Great Place to work
Assist members and providers (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJune 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work, great staff. Always working together as a team. Fast paced environment but friendly atmosphere
Great work environment
Clinical Quality Specialist -HEDIS (Former Employee), Remote from homeJune 28, 2015
Though this was a contract position it was a great experience with great staff. They train there staff well for the position they were hired for and answers questions you may have without bias.
Helpdesk Advocate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2015
Pros: DECENT PAY
Cons: WORK LIFE BALANCE SUCKS DEPENDING ON SUP
ANSWER INBOUND CALLS
ASSIST PATIENTS WITH MAIL ORDER AND PLAN BENEFIT INFORMATION.
SOME MANAGERS ARE HELPFUL. OTHERS NOT SO MUCH
Fast Pace with something new everyday
BENEFIT ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 27, 2015
Very Fast Pace. Very customer service/compassion driven. It is nice talking to people from all over the US. The best part though was the coworkers.
Fun people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), saint louisJune 26, 2015
UHC is a great place to work, everyone is willing to help you. Also the management is great as well.I learned alot working with here.
SUPERVISOR MEDICARE AND RETIREMENT
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJune 24, 2015
REVIEW DAILY METRICS REPORT
ADVISED AND CONFER WITH MANAGEMENT TEAM OF INVENTORY TOTAL AND DATES OF COMPLETION
WORK WITH C.S.R. TO ENSURE INVENTORY LEVELS ARE MET ON A TIMELY BASES DAILY.
Good place to work at.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2015
It was hard working here because I had a heart. So members would call in and could get there medicine and I had to be the one to tell them that the insurance does not cover it. That was the hardest part of my job.
don't even try to work here
service coordinator (Former Employee), honolulu, hiJune 23, 2015
Pros: benefits: 401 K
Cons: slave
A typical day lasts over 8 hours. The management works you to the bone, to death. Good pay, good benefits, but your body will fall apart as you work.
Micro Managed Call Center.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Quarterly bonus.
Cons: Restroom and Building are old and dirty.
OptumRx Mail Order Pharmacy is a very stressful enviroment. Employees are cut throat, management play favorites. Every employee is a number that's it. You get written up for not adhering to the dress code.
You can be dieing with a Dr's note you still get written up for not showing up to work. Certain managers speak to there employees as idiots. I have never worked in a enviroment where employees/contractors steal credit card information from the members. Very stressful enviroment. Members are so fustrated and iritated with OptumRx they take it out on the Representative cursing & yelling.
Restroom in the building is constantly breaking down. Employees get harassed for taking to much personal time for restroom visits. Career advancement throughout the company is very hard.
Fun, awesome enviroment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
Awesome employer. Employer cares about employees. Promotion is open to those striving to climb the ladder. Great place to retire
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2015
Assisting medical providers with member benefits and claim inquiries. Receive inbound calls and working in a high call volume call center
Great Place to work
Medical Screening Lead (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 20, 2015
Pros: free travel, mileage reimburseements, and food reimbursement
Cons: cut throat co-workers, lack of work during the holidays and summer and lack of advancement in this field
I really enjoy working at UHC and especially in my line of work. No two days are the same and often time we work with different co-workers on a daily basis; HOWEVER, working in my field can also become a curse when trying to venture into other areas within UHC. The hardest part of this job is during the holidays and summer months (per diem also know AS NEEDED) when we HARDLY have work and trying to schedule other contracting companies is often difficult, since many consider UHC as their primary "meal ticket"
Clinical Services Coordinator
Clinical Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Sa, TDn AntonioJune 20, 2015
Pros: Can eventualy work from homr
Cons: Fr from home/traffc
A typical day was writing denial letters. I learned a different aspect to the health insurance world. I learned different reasons why a member would be denied. My management was fantastic. They were very understanding and all about teaching their staff to enhance further and learn more. My co-workers were great we're one big team.The hardest part of the job was being stuck behind a desk all day long. I learned something new every day.The most enjoyable part of my job working learning something new from so many peoeple,
Okay company to work for.
Senior Enrollment/Eligibility Rep (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHJune 18, 2015
Pros: A lot of soclal work done for different organizations in the region, for example Camp Allen, Children's Hospital at Dartmouth
Cons: Health Insurance & compensation for employees of the company was not the greatest.
Typical day consisted of entering data from paper or electronic documents, updating group information for year to year renewal, terming groups & reinstating when asked.
I learned a lot about the health insurance industry & how each state deals with insurance differently.
Management was good to work with.
Majority of co-workers were great to work with.
Making productivity when there wasn't enough work.
Working with co-workers who were like family.
Consumer Account Cards Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 18, 2015
I would recommend to anyone who wishes to advance up. This is a great job with plenty of room to grow. Friendly busy environment with multi-tasking.
Great Employer
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, ohioJune 18, 2015
Fantastic employer. Opportunity for advancement and continued learning. Commited to the community. My co-workers are helpful and always available to lend a hand
Productive Place to work
Eligibility Clerk (Current Employee), Moline, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, like most people that I work with, I can have my headphones on and listen to music or talk radio while working.
Cons: Quotas, short lunches
A typical day is busy. Lots of different reports and data entry.
I have learned several different things at United Healthcare.
Management was great when I started there. It has changed since then but is ok.
Hardest part of the job is the quota (widgets per hour) that we have to meet. I personally do not work well with this. Also we have what we call SOP's and that are step by step layouts of each process. I do not learn well by reading so this is not the best process for me but some people do well with it.
Most enjoyable thing about the job is never boring.
working under UnitedHealth Group
customer service agent (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJune 17, 2015
working under UnitedHealth Group was and is a great experience
it has showed me more compassion for the elder and what they go through and also just being part of the experience of learning the ways of UnitedHealth Group
Fast Pace
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: The experience
Cons: No Cons
Working for the United healthcare is a fast pace environment but it has been a good experience, but it has taught me a lot of things

About UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$31,000 per year
Interim Health and Safety Advisor
$31,000 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main