UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,489 reviews matching the search
its been long
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJJuly 5, 2016
its been long, it was good working there. the only thing was was not able to learn new things was not challenging. not good pay and also less PTO/vacation time.
No Advancement
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 5, 2016
The only positive side to working to UHC is flexibility on your schedule. There isn't a growth opportunity based off education and experience. Most people are over worked and doing double duty because of high turn over. There aren't any incentives and overtime is the only way they can keep steady on client numbers. I have never seen such dated material and processing. I am left speechless in a position where I cannot move up based on their scaling. The hardest part is investing so much time knowing you won't get anything in return.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, over worked and never get caught up
Soul sucking job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2016
Strict metrics for customer service that make it impossible to meet your numbers and quality as measurements are conflicting. Poor middle management,
Great company to work for. Benefits are great
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time at united health group. the only reason i am leaving is because i moved and wanted something closer to home. good company
It's a paycheck
CUSTOMER CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2016
I appreciate the stability and security of a paycheck. The pay isn't enough for the work that is done.

Perk: The ability to work from home is very convenient.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 3, 2016
Its a good company to work for. I work for this company and did alil bit of selling the medicare part d program as well as doing the mail order and had the pleasure of working of the phone and just processing orders
Pros
Great Company
Cons
needed a longer lunch at time
Micro Management nightmare
New Day Claims Processor/New Day Operations Expert (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 2, 2016
Everyone would have to come in for my shift and log on and would be literally watched all day and if you got up to use the bathroom or your 15 minute breaks you had to make sure your manager knew where you were at all times, now this was in the in-house claims dept. Other departments were not like this. Career advancement was almost impossible unless you knew someone who could help you post out to another dept.
Pros
Company Cafe, Flex Time, Ability to work from home
Cons
Extreme Micro Management, Were not allow to talk while you were working
Major Insurance Company with benefits
Senior Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 2, 2016
I have learned much about dealing with the Senior population in this role. How to deal with difficult customers, and turn it into a positive experience most of the time. The hardest part of the job is sitting in one spot with a headset on for 8 hours a day, and then up to 10 hours a day during Medicare Season.

One the plus side, I really enjoy the bonuses. Hard to find a job that you can work from home, make a salary and bonuses now. For me it is a plus.
Pros
Telecommuting, vacation time
Behind the scenes managers often target employees unethically
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2016
Some managers because they have the freedom of discretion, abuse their power. Often times managers speak to employees rudely and condescending. It is hard to move up especially when managers do not like you for personal reasons. Managers don't greet employees . Work life balance is hard to maintain at this company. The managers often play favoritism. While some employees are able to come in later and make up the time at the end of their shift other employees are given occurances for being 5 mins late. Where managers are able to come in late or leave early to handle personal matters without penalty. Unless you are a nurse or management you don't have any wiggle room, and many employees who work under Optum Health want to move to different areas in the business because of how uncomfortable they feel because managers treat them like they aren't an important part of the company. Managers have too much freedom and no one is paying attention to the way the employees are being treated, talked to or handled and many employees are too afraid to say anything or to call HR for fear of retaliation.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No compassion / treated like
United Healthcare Group "UHC"
Customer Sr. Representive (Former Employee) –  Braddock Hills, PAJuly 1, 2016
"POSITIVE" and "PROFESSIONAL",yet "COMFORTABLE" work environment. The Management were extremely Professional, and extra Compassionate. I have "ONLY POSITIVEITY" for this company.
My work experience was a "5-STAR" review over all the Company was an outstanding experience. I only wish I got hired on within the company. All Employers, Employee's, and even the UHC members were So Compassionate, and Understanding, extremely helpful with any question. The work environment was Professional yet Relaxed, a no pressure. Management made me feel so welcomed and the "Management was Appreciative to all the F/T Temp. employee's.
I would go to work within this company at any opportunity that I would have ....!!!!

United Healthcare=Excellent Work Environment, and extremely Professional, and Compassionate, management..
OVER-ALL EXPERIENCE== "EXCELLENT'"
Pros
EXCELLENT WORK EXPERIENCE, Management and other employee's were so COMPASSIONATE, and SUPPORTIVE.. ONLY "POSITIVITY" from this job.
Cons
DID NOT GET HIRED!! after F/T Temp. position
Poor Management
Customer Service Advocate/ Government Programs (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2016
poor management at a professional level, the employees look really unhappy,bad training and not enough work materials
Great team environment to work in
Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 30, 2016
Good place to get your feet wet in the insurance industry. There is a lot to learn and the opportunity to move up is there if you are willing to put in the work and have the time to be considered.
Pros
Caribou in the building/ free gym
Cons
short breaks
Stepping Stone.
Insurance Broker Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2016
I have found it truly matters what department you are working for to be allowed to advance in the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
Working at C3/UHC taught me about about compassion. Learned Great skills. Fun people to be around. The pay is just not worth the amount of work to be done.
United Healthcare
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is great. Being a telecommuter I have the ability to have a balance of work and personal life. However, this company pays under the national average for a Senior Grievance Coordinator position. The management states that pay on or above average for the same position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
great work environment
Medical Records Technician (AdvantMed) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 30, 2016
On a typical day at work, I go to the assigned medical clinic to retrieve the requested medical records and gather the information that is needed with the help of the very friendly receptionists. I then upload all medical records into the system. I haven't had any need to get involved with management, so as of now management is great. With my position, I don't have any other coworkers that I see on a regular day to day basis. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the clinic or myself is unable to find the patients medical records. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be being able to travel to new clinics often and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
gas/mileage reimbursement
Cons
no benefits
Interesting health care field, good work experience
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 29, 2016
Variety of area's to work which includes adults, adolescents and substance abuse clients. Communication among staff and management is slowly improving. Generally co-workers act as a team. Opportunity to educate clients and families about medication and resources available. Positive working relationships with numerous Physicians and staff to benefit client care.
Pros
Many available shifts
Cons
Frequently under staffed
Not a good palace to work and grow
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 29, 2016
The organization is very hard to navigate and employees are not rewarded for hard work.. ONLY A SELECTED FEW. Many bad and Managers
n/a
Provider Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 29, 2016
Too difficult to move. Lots of opportunities but very difficult to move and move up. Miserable working conditions. Have hated all but one role I've had here.
Claims Processor
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2016
I enjoy being able to help people so this is a job that allows me to do just that. I have learned so many new skills while being employed with them. I love a challenge and this job has been a challenge.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Our benefits are not that great, healthcare needs to be improved