UnitedHealth Group
1,879 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Work 8-4:30 pm, High Risk Case Manager, use to be Transitional Care Manager
RN (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I have several years’ experience as a Case Manager for the SNP (Medicare and Medicaid) Product withthe insurance company and currently am a High Risk Case Manager. I have performed onsite preauthorization visits at hospitals, trained clinical staff with less expierence. I have worked on a local team and National Team. I work with some wonderful Team Members. The most enjoyable part is when a MBR makes lifestyle changes to become healthier. Most challenging is the rapid changes in the work flow and not given time to read the job aides.
great company to work for
UnitedHealthcare, Inc (Former Employee), sunrise, floridaFebruary 18, 2015
Multi-tasking, worked with different departments to meet deadline. Traveled 40%of the time, to ensured agents were compliant and followed company guidelines.
Supported National VP of Provider Relations
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I worked in this department for approximately 7 months prior to having shoulder surgery and my eventual retirement. I supported the National VP of Provider Relations and her direct reports during that time.
Provider Resolution Representative
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Ok, it was fine. Not a lot of opportunities to move up that you would be made aware of. Managers were okay but very it is very much a clique environment.
Good coworkers and great benefits
On the phone customer service (Former Employee), chico, caFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: cafe onsight, above average pay, and good benefits
Cons: high stress, short breaks, and forced overtime.
Full training provided and benefits offered without a long probation period. Although it is a high stress job with customers that tend to yell. Good coworkers and managers.
NRG Changed Everything
Behavioral Intake Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
This company is no longer Reliant Energy. It is now NRG and everything is different. I enjoyed Reliant but do not know much about the new NRG. I left the company just as the change happened.
Fun place
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Enjoyed working at this place. Excellent professional atmosphere and great teams. Would always love to go back and work with the team any day.
organization is not fulfilling
Customer Service Professional/ Agent - current (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great assoicates
Cons: not enough time for lunch
organization puts alot of pressure on the employers, lack of upper management keeping employees information safe. The environment is cold
No one that looks like me in leadership.
Sr. Technical Support Analyst/Team Lead (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Passed over continuously when certified and qualified for positions, but other folks are in the same role with less competency.
Enjoyable Job
Medical Screening Clinician (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: your mileage is payed for
Cons: hours are short per diem
This job always you to travel to a different screening site every time. You get to meet new people often. Team leaders and other staff members are professional and friendly. The working environment is very enjoyable.
busy
Senior Support Health Advisor, I (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Extremely long and indepth training for 16 weeks
Mandatory on the job training week
Constant updates and training
200 or more calls handled on a daily basis
call monitoring quality
schedule adherencde
The worst working experience.....I walked out!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MnFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: finding enough strength to walk out!!!!
Cons: that i wasted my time here, and passed up other opportunities for this joke of company!!!!
1. Worthless trainers!!!! Rude, Incompetent, Used excessive profanity, Blasted music while in training and dared you to object to it!!!!

2. Training Material and Knowlagents were useless.....they expected you to learn from out dated material. The training modules and Knowlagents were a joke, none of the examples checked out. Outdated dates of service used in the scenarios, incorrect claims examples, grammatical errors, typos, you name it......it was unbelievable!

3. UHG pride's themselves on Compassion, what a joke!! The trainer says in class one day that "Being Nice Is Boring" Wow, Seriously!!!!

4. There is more, but my fingers are getting tired, and lastly........Who in their right mind can afford their insurance!!!!!! High Deductible Rip-Off!!!!!!
Great place to work.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: work enviornment
I serve as a Community Health Worker on the Case Management team. I provide linkage to services medical, community, and, social services, assessments, and management of chronic diseases. I have developed a great working relationship my peers.
Great workplace
Disease Solutions Engagement Specialists (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2015
A high paced working environment were changes continue to happen every single day. I great company to work for and overall they treat employees well.
Loved working for UHC
PCDM Provider Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: just a great place to work overall
Cons: being laid off due to outsourcing
I really enjoyed the 2 and 1/2 years total that I worked for UHC it was at times very challenging at the same time every rewarding. We were given many opportunities the volunteer for Meals on Wheels and other Charities. there was constant changes due to the regulations and compliance for Medicaid Guidelines which made the job very interesting. Made a lot of connections within UHC with my colleagues and piers.
Learning experience
Rapid Resolution Expert (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: helping members understand their benefits better.
Cons: not feeling appreciated
In a typical work day I talk to anywhere from 30-60 members. I go over claims, benefits, and in general health questions. I may need to reach out to hospitals, Labs, or Physicians to get corrected information regarding claims, or to get resolution on amounts being billed to the members. I am able to process any claims real time that need to be processed/reprocessed. My management has been great, they seem to always be there when you need them. They are quick in ensure that you have the information you need, and if they aren't aware of the answers, they will get you with someone that does. I would have to say one of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with members that are dying, or have a family member that is dying or just past away. I make sure I take my time with all my members, but with these cases I am extra sensitive for them, and try to go above and beyond to make sure they don't need to continue to callback with the same questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a member says how great you were, and that you have answered all of their questions. I love to help people, even in difficult times.
Terrible place to work
Physician advisor (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: everything
Overworked, underpaid, lousy health insurance benefit for an insurance company. Worked as a physician advisor and never had any interaction with Optum management or even to be aware of what was going on in the entire company. Also, the company has no loyalty to those they laid off when applying for future positions with equal skill sets. HR lied when I applied for jobs stating "after interviewing you we found other more qualified applicants" when they NEVER interviewed me. In following these 2 instances of deception they stuck to their script of actually having interviewed me. Obviously they are posing bogus jobs that either are already internally filling or they like jerking around people they have laid off. Really not an ethical place to workin so many other ways too numerous to list. Avoid this company.
Challanging client to work with
NET Developer (Current Employee), Windsor, CTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: no time restrictions for breaks and flexible to work from home
It is really fun and competetive to work for UHG. It was an awsome experience to work for UHG. Developing is quick and always meets the dead lines for productt delivery.
General Summary
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 6, 2015
UHC is a great company for work/life balance. They are adaptable to all situations, and work with you to provide that. The employees are eager to help you succeed at your job any way that they can, I learned a lot in my year about the company and their products. They also assign you a mentor for the first year, which was a great experience and a big help.
Claims processing
MEDICAL CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2015
The ability to have flex time was great. Good work environment if you stay to yourself. Be passionate about your job and there will be opportunity for advancement.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos