UnitedHealth Group
2,059 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

uhc
Clinical Administrative Coordinator, (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 17, 2015
Respond to incoming provider and enrollee calls, resolves customer service inquires that could include entering in notifications, Providers status of an existing notification and determining if notification is required, completing notification wizard along with ICD-9 and CPT coding. Provides excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees. Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance. Assist with faxes and emails
hard working and determined
stand manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 17, 2015
I enjoy working wit others, accomplishing company goals, enjoy learning and communicating, great team player,remain open minded
This was a beautiful call center, with excellent training and mentoring
Assist Seniors enroll in Medicare Plans (Former Employee), SR 60 and U.S Hwy 301, Brandon FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Beautiful State of the Art Call Center Environment/Stellar Training
Cons: No Longevity, No employ beyond AEP, No Benefits, Illusion of continuous employ
This again, was work through an outsourcing company called APAC. We did not work directly for United Healthcare. The training was 7 weeks before taking live calls, which in my experience is exemplary. The supervisors, training and mentoring was world class. The call center environment was business casual, but very excellent and overall good place to work. The downside, like all the other positions mentioned is the longevity of the agent regarding temporary or seasonal employ. This company, in everything they said or did made the agents feel that we would have employment beyond AEP if we were top performer's. When AEP was over, that was our last day. United Healthcare did not continue there contract with APAC and the call center eventually closed. This was my first experience in a call center so I was stupified that they did not keep high producing agents for continuous work. I did not realize that this is the standard regarding Medicare sales. I think both APAC and United Healtcare should have been more upfront about that eventuality. No benefits.
RN-HEDIS TEAM (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2015
Work with a great group of individuals. Director and Manager are great to work with and allow us a lot of autonomy and support with ideas and our primary functions.
one of the best companies to work for
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2015
Pros: schedules are great
Cons: none
one of the best companies to work for; schedules are great..only mon-fri. very helpful and friendly supervisors. customers at time can be outrate but other than that a very good company to work for
Issues with Management
Provider Phone Representative-Sr (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLMay 14, 2015
Had some issues with upper management after not being allowed to advance after 4 years with the company. Couldn't work for a company I didn't respect any longer.
Productive, whole lot experience gained
Senior Customer Service Operator (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: foodcourt inside building
Cons: short breaks and lunches
A typical day at work is mostly only the phone. Answering about 30-60 incoming calls per day on average. Management is a bit complicated since they hired 100+ staffs at once.
Great environment
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 13, 2015
Great people, great guest, overall great experience!
Would totally recommend. Teaches you a lot, and willing to take the time to make sure you get it.
not worth
Specalty Client Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
thyere very unorganized from training and beyond.. systems dont work and they is alwasy a gray area so about 90% wer're just as confused as the members. my manager is hardly at work and when he is, he is on a project to help better his own career. and the for this to be benefit administrators, employss have some od the worst benefits. ive heard that multple time from my own dentists,smh.
Lead Phleb
LEAD PHLEBOTOMIST CPT 1 (Current Employee), San Diego caMay 11, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: long drives
A typical day for me is setting up at a wellness event and drawing anywhere between 80 - 200 people in four hour shifts. I am then responsible to pack and get blood ready to ship out.
Great starting job
Portfolio Sales Agent (Current Employee), MinnesotaMay 11, 2015
Great place to work and a great position to start within a big company. Typical call center job where all day is monitored and tracked.
fast paced work
Senior Customer First Rep (Current Employee), Onalaska WiMay 7, 2015
Cons: low pay
Days go fast processing medical claims & assisting Providers & members with benefits & claims information.Telecommute opportunities are great but the compensation & recognition is very low.
employer
Customer Care Rep Lead (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 7, 2015
Pros: The pay is competitive the benefits are an area of improvement.
Cons: This company does not have much work life balance support
the daily work is highly stressful. learned a lot about the health care industry. this is a very diverse working environment I had great co-workers. This employer does not support work/life balance.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Minor advancement for customer service reps.
The company is great for individuals who don’t mind working in a call center environment and who can adapt to constant change. There is little advancement on the customer service side of the company but many opportunities for individuals who have experience with claims, clinical administration, case management, and other healthcare departments.
A fun, non-stressful company to work with.
Long Term Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work is calling members and asking a series of questions, entering the information on computer.
I learned the benefits of having TN-Care.
Most of management was very helpful and friendly. There was one that was two-faced.
My co-workers were fantastic.
Sitting all day was the toughest part of the job.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Customer Service
Customer Care Professional, United Healthcare (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: Hard to get a manger position
Every day that I get to work I always try my best to go the extra mile to help all of our customer. As well as my co-worker and management staff the hardest part of my job is when one of my customer is not satisfy. the most important thing about my job I was about to provide the best customer service to all of my customers
Great culture with a tremendous emphasis on the consumer experience
Learning Solutions - Senior Ops. Trainer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
I have learned an incredible amount in this company and have grown exponentially. Every drop of knowledge I gained in this company,I had to obtain on my own. You have to be self driven and self motivated in order to truly find the hidden jewel in the experience of working in management in this company. Had it not been for my past management experience I'm not sure how far I would have gotten with this company. The glass ceiling is there and boy is it obvious, but others are still tricked into thinking that there is plenty of opportunity. My management experience in this company was exceptionally rewarding. I must say though that once you become a threat to someone's job because of your talent and gifts, you will quickly be eliminated. United is a great compay, but I am tired of dodging bullets and trying to make friends in order to keep my job.
the job is okay for gaining experience
Claims resolution specialist/Benefit specialist (Current Employee), Sugarland, TexasMay 6, 2015
Pros: xbox and zin room
Cons: monitored breaks no sick time not enough pto
overall rating is that you can get ahead at this company if you are liked or popular but if you are not a well recieved or like by your peers or supervisor no matter how good of a job you do they will not recommend you for any promotions. The favortism is not very professional at all.
Outstanding Global Organization
Senior Provider Relations Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting
Cons: Advancement opportunities limited
The company is a pioneer in the healthcare arena with numerous awards to its credit. I have learned much in my tenure and hope to continue learning.
Productive and fun place to work
Health Insurance (Former Employee), Chicago, IlMay 4, 2015
Pros: Team players
Cons: Short lunch break
United Healthcare was a very friendly place to work. United Healthcare was very productive and care about their employees. I learned to get alone with my co-workers under tact authority. I have become a team player with this company.

About UnitedHealth Group

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$5,820 per month
Nurse Practitioner
$31,138 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main