UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,045 reviews matching the search
teletech
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJanuary 31, 2017
United healthcare was a great job. The company is very supportive to the agent succeeding in the field. The workplace was always uplifting. The only negative I endured at this job was the "shift bid". There was a big possibility the shift you receive which is established by draw, will be outside your availability for two month and then change to your availability for the next two months.

Comment – February 2, 2017

Thank you for your comment and your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed such a positive work environment. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Good environment and management want to see you succeed.
Really good at handling personally issues. Been working here for a long time.
Pros
Nice people, willing to help
Cons
Far from my location
Outsourcing jobs.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
My experience with United Healthcare was a positive one for the most part. Towards the end of employment, United was outsourcing a lot of jobs, and my department was hit hard with layoffs.
Structured, no flexibility, difficult to advance
Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 31, 2017
You spend 8 hours a day on the phone taking call after call. You have set hours and your lunchtime is scheduled for you. The best part was I was able to work form home. Hardest part of the job is not being able to take time off when you need or want it. Only so many people can be off on any given day and your request for time off may not be approved.

Comment – February 2, 2017

Thank you for your comment. We are always seeking to improve so I would suggest that if you have any recommendations that you reach out to our HR Direct Department and share them forward. You can call 1-800-561-0861 from 7 am - 7pm CT, Monday - Friday. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

great company to work for
Senior Project Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 31, 2017
great company to work
has good benefits
compassionate for employees and community
has a great children's foundation across the board
A very good place to work and retire.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 31, 2017
I Played different roles like Associate, Developer, Senior Developer and SME. I worked with different leadership and took multiple awards for best performances.
United Health Group is a best place to work as per my experience in terms of all the aspects of a Software Employee
Loved it
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2017
Good were great, supervisors were great and willing to work with you and being able to work from home wad just another plus, I totally recommend checking them out.
Pros
Pay, hours, people and family oriented
Cons
None i can think of.
Stressful work place. No family life balance anymore.
Sr. It Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 30, 2017
Looking for a more rewarding job. Work and family balance is important. Currently work days, nights and most weekends.
Pros
Get to work remotely.
Cons
Work around the clock.

Comment – February 2, 2017

At UnitedHealth Group, Work/Life Flexibility is important. The most important way we do that is by encouraging all of our employees to bring their passions to work. We feel it makes a strong positive impact on our employees, their performance and overall happiness. To learn more about how our employees do this, check out our meet our people page: http://uhg.hr/1MyTLe4

Professional work culture.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Provided gathering sessions with internal and external business partners, thoroughly documented all business requirements, and consistently revised documentation as changes arose.
flexible work schedules
Clinical Coordinator/ MPTL (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2017
The supervisors are very accommodating when comes to schedules. The work is the same every day. Our team is very close and work well with each other. I overall like working here. There is room for growth and advancement.

Comment – February 2, 2017

Great all out! There are so many opportunities available at UnitedHealth Group and there are great ways for you to grow and develop! If you are interested in reaching outside your box but staying in your same role. Talk to your manager about your options. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Horrible
FT Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Worst place I've ever worked. Consideration towards employees a minimum. Management inappropriate and unprofessional. Plenty of advancement ability.
Audit
Internal Controls Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Pros:
* Steady workload
* Good work/life balance

Cons:
* Seasonality of workload
* Large variation in management styles among different departments
Pros
* Steady workload * Good work/life balance
Cons
* Seasonality of workload * Large variation in management styles among different departments
Productive and on site cafeteria
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 29, 2017
The hardest part of the job is making production and quality of the claims that you are processing. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently. Processing claims is not an easy job and even though it was not a complete strength for me I did get the experience of processing medical claims.
Pros
Flexibility
Was a great place to work.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Typical day assisting patients with Health care referrals. I learned about the call center culture. Management was approachable. Supervisor had an open door policy. The position was not difficult.
Pros
quarterly carry ins
Cons
short lunches
Someone needs to shut them down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2017
Started working with uhc in 2015 and was very excited. At the time it seemed like a good place to work. Two years later and I've never been so stressed out in my life! Not only is the training inadequate but your superior is just as lost as you. How they got promoted to be supervisor is a mystery. They are never around when you need help,outside smoking or texting their boyfriend, and they show favoritism to certain employees. You're expected to be on the phone your whole shift while the teachers pet colors on paper or passes out lollipops. Filing grievances and complaints go unheard because hr direct's decisions are biased. There are numerous inappropriate acts being committed between upper management and employees, given certain employees leverage for advancement over others. This is an unethical, immoral place to work and I live for the day that they are shut down.
Pros
Co workers
very stressfull environment
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 27, 2017
I was very excited to be hired for the company because I wanted to work for a large company that had opportunity for advancement. However, the point system and metrics system was much more difficult to meet than I had expected. I was very dissappointed with the healthcare benefits for the employees, I found them to be very expensive with high copays and deductibles. The bonus system was almost impossible to meet. The work environment was very pleasant and there was help available when needed, however I found myself uncomfortable when asking. I guess it just wasn't the job for me..
I found the management to be unorganized and the system had many flaws which were trying to be addressed but I found it to be very confusing.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
healthcare for employees very expensive
horrible place to work/uncaring corporate
Customer service advocate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 27, 2017
Work life balance was poor, was even told the company did not care if you had children or not. They had a strict point system that makes it impossible to stay hired if you have sick family. The training is long and seems like it is not enough
United is a good place to work
Project Consultant/Operations (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 27, 2017
United will provide many resources for your development and opportunities for advancement. However it is entirely up to you to seek out new positions. Management cannot drive advancement for their subordinates.
Pros
Telecommuting is a plus, emphasis on giving back to the community
Cons
If your role is eliminated you will be let go.
Great company to work in
Consumer Service/Advocate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Great management and staff! The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist the members with whatever they may need. Overall, great place to work.
Valuable experience gained with UHC....
Account Advisor/Small Business Acct. Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Before moving out of the area, and back home.... I worked with the sales team in a support position. The sales staff, my team, and the dedicated associates that worked with us was awesome. Made it very easy to do my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval