UnitedHealth Group
1,669 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Terrible
Claim Processor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 27, 2014
I used to see this company as very rewarding, professional, and beneficial. However recently, my opinion is forever changed. I have to agree with some other reviewers. You are constantly being watched, micromanaged, and treated like a child. Managers are unprofessional, they repeat favoritism, and you even get harassed from time to time. You get treated – more... as if you are a slave. You also have to expect overtime. Even when you cannot work it you can also get in trouble.

Besides the benefits, this job is worthless. You have a very hard time moving up within the company. They are transferring many jobs overseas (hydrabad) where no one over there is held accountable for anything incorrect. Also your pay increases are very slim. If you get one it's a max of .30 for the year. They do not usually promote within. I can't tell you how many times i have seen external promotion where they had no experience in anything healthcare related. they make it EXTREMELY difficult to get raises. Basically if you get in trouble for anything at all, even for production (as in you had a hard time meeting standards regardless of whatever reason) you will not receive a raise.

The company is only beneficial to you if you wish to be a Manager.

They only look for the best interests of themselves. Greedy.

Don't work here. – less
h
Medicare Specialist / Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 27, 2014
I am a commissioned contract employee. I was never really around management
Terrible management.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), OregonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility-plan your own schedule, work from home (when laptop worked)
Cons: on-call, inability to take pto or cme-no adequate coverage, unimpressive medial benefits
Constantly short staffed. Always started projects without a plan in place. Not proactive about anything. Did not listen to provider team, made decisions without input from provider team, with a disregard of the impact it would have on patients and relationships within contracted nursing homes. Caseload too high; no consideration of patient complexity/acuity. – more... Shuffled provider's assignments often. Pressured constantly about hospitalizations. Tech was archaic. Old school laptops, two EMR systems (one frought with problems), internet connectivity was never fixed and inconsistent. The job itself is really fun, and had a great team; but overworked(usually worked 10-12 hr days and some on weekends, had to also do call). and stretched way too thin. NO SUPPORT STAFF. Providers are also their own secretary, medical assistant, coder. No trust by the provider team in upper management levels. Management was unprofessional and ruled under misinformation regarding competitors, fear, and spite. The bottom line is the highest priority; not patient care. Pay is lagging behind current industry standards. "promising a raise soon." Have had several resignations in the past 2 months. Benefits, particularly bonuses and medical were substandard for a health ins company.
Has the potential to be an amazing job, but will need a revamp in management (as in, new management), to be able to attract a stable provider team. – less
This was my favorite job
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: late schedule
This was a great place to work. I had a huge amount of responsibility, but I loved every bit of it. I loved my team and coaching and developing them.
Excellent Management
Db2 database administrator (Former Employee), Minnesota,MNOctober 27, 2014
Very good management , co-workers were very cooperative around 3.5 years I supported for this project
An okay place to work
Mail Service Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: room for advancement to other departments, tutition reimbursement.
Cons: management changes, out sourcing customer services position to other countries, which causing periodic down sizing departments
Management is disorganized with the many changes the company goes through at the Cypress Location.I loved working for the Irvine, Costa Mesa location of the Company. The Cypress, CA location still has a lot of PacifiCare management style which is not good.
The Co- workers are very helpful and really work towards trying to help the customers. The hardest – more... part of the job is during open enrollment period where the work load is " VERY" heavy, during OCT. through JAN. Over all this company is comparable to other large corporations. – less
Ii's a job.
Senior Customer Svc. Rep. (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 26, 2014
It's a job. I go to work everyday. It's a company for recovering information that is needed to submit bills for providers.
Productive and fun place to work
Recruiter II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site, breakfast and lunch
Cons: classes back to back
I enjoyed working here. My daily job duties kept me very busy. The people there were very nice and and the hiring managers were easy to talk to.
excellent training
Enrollment Processor Supervisor (Former Employee), Cypress, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: nice breakrooms
Cons: low-pay rates
Perfect job for training for medical enrollment. Training was fast pace,co-works were fun.
A typical day at work
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYOctober 25, 2014
Executed over 60 inbound customer service related calls daily. I educated member on their benefits, options, prescriptions, etc. Coordinating procedures and connecting member and providers.
love this job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
•Develop and execute recruiting plans.
•Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
•Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
•Administrative duties and recordkeeping
Variety of duties to keep from being monotonous
Cross Functional Claims Processor/CSR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: dress code and co-workers
Cons: management
busy with calls and claims to complete. Definitely a multi-task oriented employer. Management was not friendly and treated you like you were disposable. LOVED the co-workers and the job duties but management was probably the worst of any place I've worked.
Medicial Place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2014
• Assisting Medicare recipients with understanding their medical and prescription drug benefits
• Communicate with provider's offices to verify benefits and claims data for the processing of payments.
• Gained experience as a representative with the capabilities of speaking with government agencies on behalf of United Healthcare members and providers – more... offices.
• Handled problem solving and first time call resolution in a fast-paced environment – less
It's fast paced
Customer Service Health Advisior (Current Employee), Amherst NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: very stressful enviroment
this would be a great place to work for however their metrics are very hard to reach, there doesn't seem to be a learning curve, you are expected to know all information in 16 week timeframe, you have to bid on your work schedule every 4 months, there is no room for error, they expect perfection, very micro-managed, a very stressful enviroment
Associate Provider Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 23, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
The perfect job
Dedicated Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at liberty was alwasy interesting. The team of us that worked together were very easy going and all worked WITH eachother. That positiion helped set the pace for all future work experiences for me. My management team was always open to hear what you had to say and allowed you to make the necessary changes to make your work life better. – more... I learned the true meaning of team work. The hardest part of our job was during the winter when our case load would skyrocket from auto cliams. The most enjoyable part of this job was my team. We were the best in the region. – less
Great company to work for
Previous employee (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great education opportunities, good pay
Cons: management
I loved working for the company and what it's mission was about. HOWEVER....the office manger and triage nurse were horrible towards other employees and occasional with patients. They fed off of one another and made the work environment hard to return. Employee turnover rate is high and maybe if they would fix the problem more people will enjoy their – more... jobs. Under cover boss needs to take look before things get out of hand. (Pleasanton area) – less
productive workplace
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no benefits
A typical day is managing you own accounts to alleviate debt, I learned collections the management were very effective and the co-workers worked in a team environment, the hardest part of the job was getting the consumers to pay they debt. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you had no supervision and you worked alone.
•To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
Quality Review Specialist (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2014
Experienced and dedicated professional with over 20 years of experience in customer service. Demonstrated strong growth within our organization, including advancement from customer service representative to quality review specialist. Proven technical expertise with ability to creatively solve problems and develop advantageous organizational solutions. – more... Exceptional quality, production, and product quantity standards. Serve as a leader and mentor to other employees while demonstrating a team-focus that illustrates cohesiveness. – less
Call Center Environment
Senior Claims Research Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 22, 2014
● Processed healthcare claims for payment according to federal, state and plan guidelines.
● Determined whether procedures required authorization and provided authorization to the providers to perform services.
● Resolved provider disputes in a timely manner in accordance to company and plan guidelines.
● Worked in appeals team in determine whether – more... claim benefits were processed correctly, if not then process the adjustment and contact providers to inform them of the status of the claim.
● Handled basic service inquiries including: Benefits, Eligibility, Physician look-up, and provided explanation of Explanation of Benefits EOB.
● Communicate unpleasant or negative information in a tactful manner. – less

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos