UnitedHealth Group

2.2K reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

A Productive and Fun Place to work in.
Sales Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 14, 2015
In my time being at United Healthcare I enjoyed every moment. The daily challenges and changes is what made the position I was in really exciting. The dynamic and terrific team of people I worked with was just a bonus.

July 20, 2015

Thanks for the great review. So glad you have enjoyed working at UnitedHealth Group!

collections specialist II
collections specialist II (Current Employee), atlantaJuly 14, 2015
Collected monies due from insurance companies, problem solved accounts, rebilled claims hard copy and electronically, customer service, worked special projects/delinquent accounts, follow up with claims, posting payments
Great amount of variety and stress-free environment really nice!
Data Entry (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 14, 2015
Pros: great place to work and loved the job
Cons: not a permanent positon; only temp
I absolutely loved both of the departments I worked at there; the management was really great and so were the co-workers! I learned a great deal of information on the computer there and loved the variety and stress-free duties. Even though most of the work was repetitive, it was always interesting enough to prevent boredom.

I would work there again in a heartbeat and would LOVE to go permanent there! The only bad thing I would say about them is that I haven't been hired permanently yet! Still hoping!
great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego CaJuly 13, 2015
The position is a great stepping stone into the healthcare industry
I provided the same information, on United Healthcare
Poor
Intake Call Center (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: na
I was not afn of United HC. I found the site to be unprofessional, poorly managed as well as dirty. Poor pto balance as well as pay.
It is Productive and a fun place to work.
Cost Recovery Analyst/Claims Recovery Rep (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Family Oriented
Cons: Short Breaks
I am very pleased with United Healthcare. It helped me to enhance all learning skills and learned new job skills. The company does not hold you back in learning new job skills and technologies.
United Health Group
Phone Provider Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
United Health Group is very high paced phone based day to day business. With the proper trainning and excellent customer service skills you will learn alot here at UHC. Such as, multiple platforms at once on a daily basis, the wonderful world of insurance, and detailed information on claims and benefits.
The co-workers are very friendly and a joy to work with.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining your sanity and to try not to get burnt out with this call center.
Fast pace, changes come fast
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 13, 2015
Over all a good place to work. the benefits are good and you must be willing to learn new things and make changes.
working a from home is a major plus and a great way to keep up with daily work.
Call center experience
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Health insurance.
Cons: Short lunches, no interaction with co-workers.
The claims client services area within UnitedHealthOne is structured so that there is minimal contact within any other team members. It is a job in which inbound calls are answered and metrics are used to measure the productivity of the agents.
Company pays well
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
Customer Service, call center, complaints, cash management, telephones, billing, data entry, faxing....Assist instructor with daily activities, tutor students individually/groups, lesson plans, testing monitor
Great Place and environment to work at.
Customer Service, Claims and Benefits (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJuly 11, 2015
Training process is very effective, learn everything you need to know before starting job. Lots of room for advancement.
poor managment poor communication
front office (Current Employee), Vista, CaJuly 10, 2015
Everyone is not happy with current changes within office. Managment has poor communication. No team work. Work load is too much for number of employees to patients. Patients complain daily long hold times on phone.
Dedicated to Excellence in Consumer Experience
Independent Contracting Agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Training and support
As an independent contracting agent with United Healthcare (UHC), I am pleased to be associated with one of the most impressive insurance companies in the nation. They provide excellent support and training to agents in order to help consumers with Medicare solutions.
Great company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2015
Company engages employees and cares for all customer experiences. There are so many departments with so much to learn and it's a great place for entry level and experienced workers.
was only in training
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2015
The company was a great company to work for, however it was to far for me to commute to daily. I took the job with plans to relocate closer however that didn't happen as planned so I had to leave the job with hopes of finding something more beneficial for my family.
Great company.
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 10, 2015
Great company. Very good pay. If you aren't comfortable speaking to numerous people on a daily basis and putting up with a little attitude then this probably isnt the job for you. But Great pay and benefits. Great environment .. Great cause.
Very productive with 17 week training program
Provider Resolutions Specialist Rep (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 9, 2015
17 week training program. Room for advancement.. Diverse company to work for. Fun place to work and management is promoted from within company.
Horrible
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2015
Horrible compensation for the work you do at this job. Management is way to strict on certain metrics that are not important to the function of the job.
Productive work enviroment with nice Job/Life balance available
Adjustment Representative (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and telecommuting opportunities
Cons: High volume, with high production expectations little more training needed at times
Expectations are clear, you can set your work schedule within primary business hours with flexibility for overtime hours. They have many telecommuting opportunities. Management is well trained, informed and their for you when you need them. My co-workers were exceptional all self motivated individuals working together to meet and exceed our expectations and future goals. Great place to work but very busy with high expectations. They make it as enjoyable as possible.
Don't believe the hype...
Mid-Level Career (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance
Cons: No increases, no bonus, no opportunity for advancement, no support
All talk... NO ACTION! You will be constantly bombarded with propaganda spouting their belief in the CULTURE, support for INNOVATION and the VALUE they place on employees. It's a social experiment... if they tell you often enough, you might believe even when their actions do not support their words.
Management is ineffective at best.
There is so much red tape and politics you will begin to think you're working at a government facility.
Headquarters