UnitedHealth Group
1,552 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

Productive and Fast Paced Claims Resolutions.
Claims Processor, Quality Analyst for 16 Years (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: working as flexible schedule core schedule as a telecommuter processing caims to members/providers.
Cons: metrics/goals difficult to meet on a daily basis.
A typical day at work Fast Paced Review and Research of Medical Complex Claims and Adjustments in an Electronic Queue, Including Medical, Medicare, Medicaid-OPS-Out Patient Revenue and CPT Codes, ICD-9 Diagnosis Codes Sending out Electronically System Generated Informational and Overpayment Letters.

The Most Difficult part of this Job was the Goals/Metrics – more... to be met Daily were very difficult to Meet due to the volume and extent of Research on each individual Claim Issue.

The Most Enjoyable part of the job was taking Great Pride in the Completion and Resolution of each and every Claim Issue to be able to Assist both the Member's and Providers on a Daily Basis.

Working as A Telecommuter Claims Processor and Claims Adjuster, Quality Analyst, We were not able to Meet our Co-Worker's Face to Face, only speaking to Our Team Members and Supervisors, Business Managers via Conference Call or Web-Ex Meeting and Training Demonstrations. – less
Productive and Culture
Senior Broker Agent Service Rep (Current Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 4, 2014
Culture is a main focus whether it be external or internal and I enjoy being apart of this movement.
Medical Clains Examiner II (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Claim knowledgeable, multi-task, processor. multi cultural, strong customer service skills.
Nice work place room to grow
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 3, 2014
United is good place to work. Mangers work with you to develop you skills. Plenty of room to grow.
Secure busy fullfilling pleace to work
Claims processor (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: always learning new things.
Cons: not a lot of customer interaction
I worked at United Health Care for 3 year. In my time at united health care I learned a lot of different aspects of the healthcare industry. Including Claims processing, commercial contracts, prior carrier deductible, Microsoft outlook, word, excel and much more . The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was learning seven different skill sets – more... so that I could work where ever I was needed at anytime. I also liked heading up the volunteer committees brainstorming, researching, and organizing events.My coworkers were pleasant and easy to work with which made it very enjoyable place to work. – less
Good benefits. no room for growth.
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), irvine, caSeptember 2, 2014
great benefits. althought the room for growth is very tight...
Great company to work for but unstable as an employee
Senior National Project Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: telecommuter is common
Cons: unstable for an employee
good company but unstable for an employee because the bottom line is what counts for the company.
United HealthCare
Associate Provider Installation, E-Contracting SME (Current Employee), Richardson TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the ability to involve its emplouee
Cons: layoffs
I truely enjoy waorking for United Healthcare as they put alot of emphasis on the company culture. The only reason I am seeking other employment is because the inconh is laying off in our division.
great customer service oriented
Customer Care Representative/ Health Advisor (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly/ open door policy
Very good company to work for. Great supervisors
Open door policy
Java Developer (Former Employee), ??September 2, 2014
very good ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see resume
Arabic l Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2014
See resume

o Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers.

o Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written.
Allows me to work from home, allows meet to meet w/co-workers after hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: long days at times w/o a break
Fast passed w/multitasking in multiple computer screens, phone calls w/providers and Md's.
I have learned MCG guidelines and Medicare guidelines and standards.
Very supportive co-workers that are willing to assit to keep work loads balanced and compliant w/medicare guidelines.
The hardest part of the job is when the computer system goes down and dealing – more... with providers that are not willing to be flexible.
The most rewarding part of the job is that I have save the company and it's members money by managing there care. – less
Ok
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHAugust 30, 2014
Wouldn't work there again. It was not at all flexible, and made no exceptions for family situations. I would not reccomend this job to someone who has children.
Great Benefits..too much drama
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great work environment, ability to set your own hours, ability to work four 10s; great benefits
Cons: too much drama; managers that will fix the rates for some, but not others
I loved my job there, but a little too much drama for me.

We would have what they called, "Group Huddles" where we were all encouraged to speak up, but there were always the "strong ones" that had been with the company for what they thought was, "forever"..and they were the ones that would jump all over someone that spoke up about something they disagreed – more... with.

Made it tough for us positive, think outside the box, people to even want to speak up, for fear of being "eaten alive" by the others that thought they owned the joint.

Our nice, but too laid back supervisor never stepped in when these people spoke up as she believed everyone had a right to their opinions..and thus these "group huddles" were supposed to be productive.

HUH??!

In addition, we all had rates we were supposed to make. While some were making them. many of us weren't (including the ones that had been there for years!!).

My work area was right outside my manager's cubicle and I actually overheard her whisper into the phone one day to a long term employee that wasn't making rate.."Well..if you take a few days off...that'll throw your rate off a bit..and I can fix the numbers..just between you and me.."

Phht..why have a rate then??

Since then, I've learned that this manager got moved to a different dept.

Hmmmm..... – less
nice place to work
customer service agent (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2014
loved the environment but the repetitive job. No room for advancement.
Excellent
Onsite Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: a great deal of work
A great company to work for with one exceptions some managers or not good.
productive enviroment
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: medical, dental and vision insurance
Cons: work schedule changes every four months
each day is a new learning experience
I like helping people
not sure
everyone has a different personality
difficult people
putting a smile on someone's face
Great organization if you have experience.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLAugust 27, 2014
UHC's Member Services program is impressive however once you hit the floor you are expected to retain the knowledge you learned. It's not a easy ride but the supervisor team at that time was great with working with staff over schedules.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere co workers
Cons: job is only temporary position...seeking longevity
Make calls welcoming member to thier health plan, going over basic information, change PCP, address, number if needed. Also make orders for ID cards and handbooks if requested using Facet and Macess systems
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: onsite health clinic
outbound and inbound phone calls, sending inner office emails, sending faxes, sending out compassion cards to members, handling claims, quoting benefits, calling to provider's offices.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos