UnitedHealth Group
1,992 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Per Diem Commission Job Positon
Community Outreach Social Worker (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAApril 4, 2015
Good company with opportunity for growth for health care professionals looking for entry level position work in Life Health Insurance.
Easy job if you just want a paycheck
Assisting members (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 2, 2015
Answering calls for member with Medicaid plans. a lot of patience required for this job but it is do able. management isn't very involved or professional at all most of the time you are left on your own. The hardest part of the job Is not having much leadership. most enjoyable would be the pay period was every week but they took out a lot of taxes.
Great Place to work for!
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cypress, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great overall leadership
Cons: Lack of Support
Overall my experience at UnitedHealth Care was one of great working relationships, innovation in the healthcare industry and doing everything possible to provide their members with the best customer service experience possible. With only one unpleasant experience, that still was not enough to change my opinion of the company as a whole where the Senior Management was amazing, compassionate and extremely understanding. I feel as if though I became a better employee and asset because of my time at UnitedHealth.
Fun workplace
Temp. Claims Representative (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 31, 2015
Company is a easy going and co workers are supportive. If you forget your lunch, their is a cafeteria with great food on site. They also have a gym that is available to use 24hours a day.
Very big on production
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2015
Good place to work, but production should be lower to allow more time to spent on quality. Over all this is a good company.
Solid place to start...
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 31, 2015
UHG, overall, is a good company. Most segments have the right idea about employee culture, treat you well, and attempt to find the right work/life balance. The cons...you can advance, but will hit a ceiling depending on position; compensation tends to be on the entry-level/low side, and benefits seem like they could be better.
not a good place to work
SRT (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: can not move up if you do not kiss butt
if you do not like brown nosing or telling on people, this job is not for you. if you dont like doing other people work this job is not for you either.
WORKING FOR UHC
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), port saint lucie flMarch 30, 2015
IT IS A VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK HELPING OTHERS ESPECIALLY THE ELDERS. HANDLING THE CALLS AT A TIMELY MANNER AND MAKE SURE THEIR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED. GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO PLEASE THE MEMBERS.
Customer-first culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Makes certain employees are equipped with the resources necessary to adequately perform their duties
Cons: Needs more competitive pay
Company spares no expense in fostering positive experiences for members.

Learning organization. Constantly striving for improvement and employee advancement.
Good at frist
Global Insurance Senior Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
This company started off showing all the positive that it could be, however numerous mistakes are made by the mgrs which have a negative effect on others.

Voicing your opinion is hard when you are told they are busy working issues.
work environment
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), horsham paMarch 28, 2015
Great work environment, offers flexibility with your work schedule, free access to gym, cafe, but the health insurance benefits are horrible and the pay is not that great for the job of a claims examiner. They also do not offer a cost of living raise....your raise is completely based off your performance.
Productive work environment with good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good work environment
Cons: Can be very stressful and restrictive
As a Health Advisor, I worked from a desk via hands-free phone and PC. Calls are primarily in-bound, with some out-bound calls as needed. I needed to multi-task between responding to the customer on the phone, while efficiently operating multiple software programs and documenting the records. Most of the work occurs through the phone and PC, but some manual mailing/faxing was also required as needed. The days are typically busy to very-busy. I learned a great deal about job specifics, health insurance benefit plans and claims, and corporate policies. Co-workers were usually polite and easy to work with. Team work is essential and abundant. Management is helpful. The hardest part of the job is learning to be efficient and independent. The most rewarding part of the job is becoming efficient and independent, while also having a smile on your face!
Great experience
Provider Service Rep (Current Employee), Miami, flMarch 26, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring, its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,its busy, lots of things going on all day, its a call center the phone rings non stop, ring.....ring....ring,
Needs to retain employees and stop laying off
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 26, 2015
Needs to retain employees and stop laying people off. Overall great company to work for and really loved my job. Typical call center job. Great benefits. No raises
Very Professional enviroment
Provider Operations & Quality Supervisor (Current Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Growing Company, Telecommute
Cons: Not located in some areas
I would recommend others to work here. It is surely a good place to work. There is room for growth and the people are all very helpful as working as a team.
QUEST
customer service medicad specialist (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2015
Pros: AREA
Cons: JUST NOT A GOOD FIT
THE JOB WAS STRESSFUL NOT A GOOD FIT FOR MYSELF. IT WAS LIKE TAKING DICTATION IN A COURTROOM, WHEN YOU ARE TRAINNED THEY DON'T LET YOU KNOW ALL THAT YOU ARE COMING IN TO.
Money is good, Environment Dicey
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2015
Money is good, benefits are expensive.
Work/life balance is non-existent, lots of hours and weekends to meet deadlines, management is lacking, job security is your previous paycheck. Management is cliches and not trustworthy.
To the positive you will meet quality co-workers, dedicated and loyal to each other.
Excellent Managed Care Organization, benefits are stellar and work environment has been a source of learning and challenged me as a professional
Sr. Social Worker- High Risk Pediatrics/OB (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, longevity, pleasant work environment
Cons: Very large MCO, difficult to have knowledge of all facets and how they affect one another
A typical work day consists of case managing high risk obstetric and pediatric cases in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team. Utilization review, management as a major focus coupled with patient centered care to include: assessment of the patient/family, determining biopscyhosocial barriers, implementing resources in an effort to remove those barriers.
United Healthcare, Inc. is a vast system on both a national and international scope. However, my direct supervisor as well as the senior management and medical directors that I interact with regularly provide a supportive, personalized approach that offsets being "a number" versus a valued asset to the company.
I thoroughly enjoy those that I work with. I feel it is imperative to have a professional, yet personable relationship with those I work with and value their professional input while at the same time feel the majority of those I work with I am able to call friends.
The most difficult part of my job currently is being faced with a patient who has social needs, however, resources are not available within the community or their benefit summary to meet their needs. In those instances which are frequent, it is imperative that I utilize my critical thinking skills, however, there are times despite this that a client's needs are not fully recognized.
The most enjoyable part of my job affecting positive change in the lives of the people I serve. In doing that, learning about the patient's I assess and follow-the lives they have led, changes they have made, and the strengths they have developed or develop as I follow them are very rewarding. Moreover, healthcare is constantly changing and provides ongoing opportunities to learn and grow as a professional whether that be from your peers, administrative support, or medical experts.
Didn't Survive in Dallas Area
Phone Provider Rep (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 24, 2015
The company arrived in Carrollton TX with one client & quickly grew to 3 clients before shutting down shortly after. The work environment was very noisy because everyone sat right next to each with no dividers for sound control.
productive and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasMarch 23, 2015
I answer inbound calls and help member/dentist office find out about benefits on plans. Almost all manager are great to work for.

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Salaries

$32,000 per year
Account Resolution Specialist
$33,000 per year

UnitedHealth Group Photos

OptumRx volunteers serve hot meals to 150+ guests at Mary’s Kitchen for the homeless.
UnitedHealthcare employees volunteer at St. Louis Food Bank providing 7,288 meals.
Myself at Office entrance main