UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,130 reviews matching the search
Good company
claims processing (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYDecember 6, 2015
I have been employed with UHC for over 9 years . Its a good company to work for . I like that I am able to work from home . Although at times upper management misses the mark not understand what it is we do on daily basis and thinks its easy to do the company in whole is not bad. Benefits could be a lot better . We work for the company and have pretty much the bottom of the barrel benifits . one would think we would have the best we do not .
Pros
work at home, overtime
Cons
benefits, communication
Not a great place to work
Client Services, Sales & Retention (Health) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2015
This company has no idea what they are doing and they don't consider their employees. It's all about the investors. I don't like not knowing day to day if I'll have a job and I'm in the top 10% of sales.
Management at Operation Plant were very personable.
2nd Shift Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCDecember 2, 2015
Management and co-workers at the operations plant were very hard workers in order to meet customers needs. Upper management in the head offices were not so personal and we hardly ever seen them.
There was advancment opportunities within the operations plant and I enjoyed my 19 years of service there very much. I still can't comprehend why the upper management closed our facility down when we were meeting our goals in my oppinion.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Healthcare insurance
Productive environment with great supervisor
Technical Test Lead, Healthcare Insurance (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 25, 2015
Work with various teams in an Agile environment. Development and analytical job tasks including production support. Immediate team are located in different countries and states. The job was enjoyable and challenging.
Company Review
Senior Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 24, 2015
Event planning, advocacy, care planning, team coordination of events, field work, health education, challenge-no opportunity for growth.
Pros
Good work/life balance.
Cons
Lack of comunication from upper management to employees
i love the learning experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKNovember 24, 2015
its a great job if you dont mind going home smelling like smoke every night but other then that the pay and hours were great.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2015
Worst company EVER!!!! The team is unorganized. Admin are easily intimidated and are one uppers. Antiquated systems. No cohesiveness. Management sucks.
Pros
NONE! absolutely NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING- this place SUCKS the energy out of you.
Productive workplace
"Advocate4Me Representative" (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 22, 2015
Good benefits and pay. Nice Coworkers. Love talking to the members when they call in to the call center everyday. Management is not very respectful and it is not a family oriented company to work for. Management plays favorites but I loved the members.
Pros
lunches
Cons
breaks and management
Worked long hours for no overtime.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2015
UHC didn't approve of overtime but gave you so much work that you couldn't get it all done in 8 hours and most of it could not be carried over to the next day. No work/life balance at all.
Pros
Job security.
Decent workplace with room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
I like the job. Not a very fun place to work, but definitely a serious business environment. Room for growth, and corworkers are great. Management is not very flexible. They are by the book type management but very friendly and speaks with all staff
Pros
Stability, Medical Benefits, & Cafeteria
Cons
Very little PTO accrual

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
not for me
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2015
would not suggest. glued to your desk, with very strick adherence you must follow. there are many conflictions when trying to figure out the correct way to handle something. very cold and unfriendly environment. horrible benefits
Pros
not a hard job once you're trained.
Cons
benefits are terrible, almost impossible to take time off, or have a sick day that doesn't count against you
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 19, 2015
Overall, UnitedHealth Group is great place to work, however, this is heavily dependent on the team that you are on and which department. Like every work place, there are pros and cons . I am fortunate enough to be on a team who is very understanding about life outside of work--therefore schedules are fairly flexible. Management is good, but has been known to entrust the wrong individuals for decision making that has been costly in the past. This can be frustrating at times, but the good outweighs the bad. The cons are the compensation package--while it is advertised as "competitive", I beg to differ. Benefits are not competitive and a little on the expensive side in comparison to other places.
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Benefits package
Think long and hard before accepting a job with this horrid company
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 19, 2015
Upper management is transparent about the company's earnings but you will see nothing of if as it does not trickle down to the operations/production employees. The "ivory tower" takes care of it's own and the shareholders. You are constantly given "lip service" about how well everyone within the company is doing but the end result is that you do no matter. You are a number...."do your job, ask for nothing in return, and move along" is the mentality of this wonderful organization. Your ideals and input are also not welcome here.
Pros
Decent pay but not worth putting up with all of corporate shananigans
Cons
Healthcare plans for employee's are atrocious to say the least, extremely high deductables and horrible coverage
Health Insurance
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 19, 2015
managed up to 30 accounts with team members, lead process of health benefits from onset to completion, customer service, multitasking, constant on-site training when needed.
Not A Good Experience
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 18, 2015
Very disorganized, a lot of favoritism, offer to advance within the company made on paper but the reality was quite different. Constant departmental in-fighting resulting in watered down or purely ineffective efforts at improving plan efficiency. Not a good experience overall. Pay was, as well, not commensurate with the level of difficulty inherent to the position. Coworkers were wonderful for the most part. A good sense of humor was a daily requirement. Actually solving a member's plan issue and contacting them with a resolution was the best part of any day.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Poor benefits, low pay, high turnover. Call center environment.
Fearful place to work
Employee Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2015
Very controlling. If you don't agree you are marked for termination.
All calls are listened to by your supervisor and her supervisor and they will not work with you.
Pros
none that compensate for the cons
Cons
Stress-inducing atmosphere. Scary place to work. Employee insurance is really bad.
Great benefits and managment is very helpful
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2015
I am in sales for Optum Health a division of United Health Group. The people here are very friendly and helpful. There is room for growth and the benefits are phenomenal.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
short lunches
Crooked
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2015
UHC has got to one of the worse companies to work for. They are highly secretive, dishonest and very unprofessional. The turnover rate is out of control and I see why. The experience is great if you want to get started in the healthcare field, but I would NOT recommend working here.. Period.
Repetitive - I excelled in all aspects of my job
Appeals Resolving Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 16, 2015
This was an ok place to work, but they do not value a long term employee as they should, nor is the pay worth the work put in. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Great Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 15, 2015
Good Work Environment. Met a lot of great employees and colleagues in my dept who are dedicated to healthcare and helping the customer. There is a lot of layoffs though and depts. are subject to being merged. There are lots of depts. and different opportunities.
Pros
Good Team Enviornments, Helping People with their healthplans, good learning opportunities, promotion
Cons
Benefits could be better