Unity Bank Employee Reviews

Not the best place on earth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 21, 2017
High turnover
Low paying, especially if promoted from within.
Upper management keeps on making the same mistake and doesn’t get why employees are walking out of this place
Pros
Employee days
Cons
Salary
Good people/growing company
Unity Banker II (Current Employee) –  Rush City, MNOctober 21, 2017
A small town bank that is growing. They are catching up regarding online tools and because of this, I think they will remain competitive. They definitely have a home town feel. People are loyal to us.
Fun work place
Head Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 15, 2017
Management was okay, I learned a lot and when came to apply for position no chance was given without experience. Working on Sundays was hardest part when few branches were open.
Nice people to work with
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 3, 2017
Unity Bank is full of kind people, who are all motivated to do the best they can at their position. Management does their best managing the many different personalities.
Sales,networking expertise and business development accomplishments.
V.P. SALES RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYOctober 3, 2017
My day was divided by business development,networking and client meetings and followed by clerical and project and loan closings and loan serving accounts. i learned vast expertise in time management ,client satisfaction,leads processing and overall team accomplishments.I learned leadership skills.problem solving and creative talents and thinking out of the box.time management and priority selections were the most difficult areas to master.the culture was both relaxed and conservative depending on the workflow and deadlines .My most satisfaction and enjoyment was my interactions with both clients ,attorneys ,accountants and of course bank satff anf bank senior management.
Pros
extensive management and sales expeience.
Cons
Job secrity due to downsizing of banjks operation and abandoning NY market.
Good
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 6, 2017
Unity Bank is a good bank to work for and a small Bank with lots of growing room for all who want to continue there. It's rating is a three star for many reasons
Developed myself within the organization.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJNovember 3, 2016
A company who helps develop and train staff for all positions in order to achieve higher positions within the organization so that all member within the organization has the ability to grow.
Simple Job
Personal Banker Level II - Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 3, 2016
Nice environment. Room for advancement if you are willing to grow within the company. So many activities and events provided by the company as well. You get to know everyone in each department. The smaller the company, the
Great Bank
Assistant Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotch Plains, NJMarch 23, 2016
Productive place to work, very involved in the community. Management cared about their employees. Workers worked as a team. Fun place to work.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Compensation
Good people to work with
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NJJuly 6, 2015
Great people to work with. Can make friends for life. Good environment. Bagels every Friday for back office staff. The hardest part of the job is knowing what direction the bank is going in.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Accommodating Management.
Cons
Disconnect between management and employees on the direction of the business
Office works
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  SAN FERNANDO ,PR.April 11, 2015
I was working in a day shift from monday to friday, I have been learn a lot specially in a banking operation to meet and deal with different person. The management was good they give all the benefits of their employees.My office mate was always there to share everything about the nature of our jobs.The hardest part of the job is when you are handling money. Enjoyable part when you are working together.
Pros
Transportation fee
Cons
Philhealth, Pag ibig, Sss & 13month pay
Challenging work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 4, 2015
Company benefits were above average.
There were not opportunities for advancement.
Company did 4 events a year for employees.
excellent place to work, customer service culture is great
Assistant Relationship Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, NJOctober 31, 2014
a typical day will include interaction with clients and other employees. Ability to use creative ideas within the culture and branding of the company
Nice
Credit Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosSeptember 9, 2013
I worked as an industrial attachment and was not really given much responsibility due to the category of staff I was. I was able to learn about credit process and also how to do a background check on customer applying for loan
fun staff and work place
assistant teller (Former Employee) –  macabebe, philippinesJuly 2, 2013
talking about the experience at my past training at the Unity Bank it fills my staying for a larger knowledge and new skills that the other staff and employees have thought me, and they share a lot of thing over the three month of staying at their company, siting for the experience was checking for the bank statement, assisting client, checking the checks, maybe the hardest job that i encounter was when one of the teller was short of balance
Pros
free snack and an hour of break