Unity Health Care Employee Reviews

Nota good place to work
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 13, 2017
You can work really hard and their is no room for opportunity. Management will overwork you and not give you any good feedback for doing your best. They give you more that your job description says.
A great place for hands on experience
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2017
9 PRC's would be required to accurately and efficiently register a total of 12,500 patients a month. There were days that you would not receive a lunch break because of the intake of patients. The facility consist of different cultures and nationalities which made it a challenge if you did not speak other languages, but it was a great experience and an awesome opportunity to help many many others that so desperately needed it.
Not a Bad Place to WORK
States Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2017
Unity Health Care is not a bad place to work, they actually provide decent benefits, but they are severely lacking on their compensation plan to their employees.

Depending on your role in the organization and how efficient you are at doing your job, there is good flexibility.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Flexible
Cons
Compensation needs to improve.
unity health care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2017
unity health care is a medical facility for the Washington dc community , it is designed to help low income patients , the staff was amazing ; I would recommend anyone to work there .
Productive and slow paced
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2017
A typical work day consists of helping patients get in and out of the center. I learned how to use different computer systems. I also learned about different health insurances. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff because we made a great team.
Nice environment
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I did marketing, staffing Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses in the home and hospital. Went to London, England to participate in job fairs to recruit foreign nurses to the U.S.
Pros
Great staff
Fun place to start
(HIMS) Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2017
When I first start working for unity I was only 21, Unity health care is a good way to start a career. They have good benefits and more but I believe its time for me to move on
positive work environment
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2017
It's definitely a wonderful starter job for anyone in any position. Nice benefits, Friendly, as well as they send you to school for classes that are conducive to the company and your job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed working for Unity. It is fast pace and the co-workers were wonderful. The office I worked for did not give regular pay raises. I requested to go part-time 3 separate times and was turned down for the part-time. The office hired 3 individuals outside of the office to work part-time.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
Unity Health Care is an good place to work for and to gain experience. The job can be challenging at some points but overall I believe that Unity needs to give raises and show appreciate to there employees.
Unity healthcare is a great place for treatment. Great medical staff
Medical Assistant/ Lab Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2017
In my opinion, unity health care could increase the payrate.Take into consideration the staff concerns and address them accordingly. Instead of just brushing them under the rug. Stop written the employees up for non-sense. Encourage the staff to further their education and work with class schedule. Have a open door policy when it comes down to address work place mistreatment.
Pros
Great team work amongist the MA etc.
Cons
Poor communication with supervisior and staff.
Four stars
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2017
I enjoy working at unity where we offer our services to anyone irregardless of their ability to pay.
Typical day is very busy with physicals, walk-ins, continuity pts, etc.
Patients tend to loyal and in need of care for chronic illnesses.
The hardest part of the job is patient compliance with medication and care plan.
I most enjoy my patients and my coworkers. I also enjoy what I do as my calling and not just a job.
Pros
Patients are great and loyal
Cons
No salary increase, No pension matching
PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2017
I was alway busy with registering patient for appointments and making follow up appointments. I enjoyed everything about the job itself and interacting wit the patient was great.
Pros
hour lunch break
Very busy workplace
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 17, 2017
I learned a lot on my job, very busy and enjoyed the employees and the patients as well. I enjoyed watching telemetry on the monitor. I decided to go back to school and get a degree in medical field. So I choose Medical Coding & Billing, its an exciting growing field. I was a lot of hard work but with dedication and hard work it does pay off.
Health programs
11B Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 12, 2017
I learned alot . I learned how to work with people . I learned the system really fast ... I also never took out a day of work unless it was very important .
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 1, 2017
Unity Health Care is an amazing company that is dedicated to providing quality care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. I enjoy working for this company because they allow a lot of room for growth and personal development.
Loved working here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
very flexible scheduling, homes visited were clean and well kept, management was wonderful. great place to work. loved the work environment and the employees.
Wow what can I say
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 10, 2017
First of all the residents call it a half way house... not a group home. They do go on outings, they don't do house activities. They don't have one on one time. Resident get 3 meals a day like there in jail no extra anything. NOT A PLACE I WOULD SEND MY RELETIVES.
Pros
All bads
Cons
Stop dont send your loved one here
Great work enviorment, starter job, amazing benefits, horrible pay
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2017
The work was never an issue and mostly not difficult. Over management however very smooth and efficient. Constant going over the same things in meetings. But you are working for a wonderful cause. The pay sucks, they blame it on being non profit so if you are looking to get rich...Stay away. Something you take inbetween jobs to buffer your resume. The insurance and benefits for dental and medical are wonderful.
Productive, family oriented, AMAZING place to work!!
Full-Time Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2016
In the morning, we ALL greet each other with a smile and, most times, a hug.
I've learned SO much from working at Unity Health Care!! From caring for pediatric patients, to teaching the elderly how to take their medications, and so much more.
My co-workers were like my family, if we had a disagreement, we discussed it like adults and moved on. When one of us was overwhelmed with work, someone ALWAYS stepped in to lighten their load.
The hardest part of working at Unity was leaving!!!! The clinic closed, and we made an attempt to all be reassigned to the same clinic, but unfortunately, some of us were let go due to lack of placement at other clinics.
The most enjoyable part of working at Unity was arriving at work everyday, seeing my "extended family".
Pros
Pulling together as a unit to make all of our work day productive.
Cons
Closing of the clinic, and being unable to be reassigned with co-workers.