Unity Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2016
Great place to work, continuos education and training. I was always learning. It a humbling job, as you are working with unfortunate people who really need you.
Patient Registration Clerk/Care Management Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2015
I love coming to work to help the patients and working along side the doctors. The doctors valued your input and pushed you be better at your job. I love how the job challenged me everyday and help me grow and become better at what did. I started out as a Patient Registration Clerk and after two years moved on to Care Management Support.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
The pay
productive
Patient Registration/HIMS Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working and helping clients at the clinic. I would work for them in the best environment in a clinical setting.
Not a good company to work for
Care Management Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2015
I have worked with this company for 5 unexpected years. During this 5 years I have literally gave my all. I have learned whatever new tasks that was asked of me as well as going above and beyond and for what I ask myself. This company has no advancement, management only cares about themselves no matter how hard you work for them. Plus, this company is very unorganized!!!
Work
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
The manager was the best manager I ever had. Very busy day everyday dealing with people who were always angry.The best part about it was when we had our meetings.
Good at first, Then ....
Access Control (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
I used to like coming to work. But during this last year, that has changed. Big time. All I can say is, don't get too comfortable working at 1 site because they will transfer you in a heartbeat. This company mistakes stability for comfort, and it's not right. They will say "you work for Unity, not a certain location." But if I wanted to work at a certain site, I would've applied for that specific site.

There are people that has gotten moved to different sites, and it has become inconvenient for us. Unity slogan is "we treat you well." Well ... they could've fooled me.

On top of that, good luck asking for a raise. They won't give it to you. They are too focused on paying the doctors, and other management, that they forget about everyone else. I've checked the market value for my specific position, and Unity Health care is underpaying me by about $10,000 a year.

People will say "well, be thankful you have a job." But how can 1 be thankful, when they work for a company who, really does not care about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits, Location(s).
Cons
Management.
Helping sick people get well
Float Medical Assistant-PRN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
Heavy workload, some disorganization, great hours, affordable benefits.

Some staff is unprofessional.

Overall it is a great place to begin a healthcare career.
hard place to be promoted
ACCESS CONTROL STAFF (Current Employee) –  district of columbiaMay 7, 2015
its a really hard place to be promoted and get a raise in your check even thought you work hard and you don't be recognize at all. that's the main reason why I want to leave this job.
Awesome Exposure
Community Health Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2015
Working for unity health care was extremely beneficial to my advancement and knowledge in nursing. I was able to work with various specialities anf multiple providers which helped me network and establish professional relationships.
Unfortunately management is poor and fails to follow up with employees. They are not compassionate or concerned with the livelihood of the employees they house, I find it funny because the motto for the company is 'we treat you well.' I beleive the professionalism in the corporate office lacks greatly, and if you are stranger to them, you will definitely not excel.
Pros
great hours, great benefits
Cons
mediocre pay, urban area, poor management
Fun place to work
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  WASHINGTON,DCApril 3, 2015
Our office is very busy, staff is friendly,I've learned all functions of the job and most enjoyable part of the job are the clients!
Easy going workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2014
Very nice management, helpful. Easy to get along with everyone.
Very well rounded and diverse
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2014
This position was very well rounded and diverse and was very family oriented, great opportunity for advancement, and very considerate of their patients.
okay place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2014
Enjoyed working with providers and medical assistants as well as some of the lpns. Gain alot of experience.
Pros
close to home
Cons
nothing
Safe, fun and I got to know the patients well and fast.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Typical day at work is intake of patients, helping the providers with exams as needed ad keeping the facility clean.
I learned how to separate Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine to specify what each doctors need from me everyday.
Management is fair and knowledgeable when I had to ask a question
I love my coworkers almost as much as I love the patients. They help me when I have a question and we make sure we have each others back when things get busy.
The hardest part of the job is giving babies and other children immunizations. It was hard to see them cry. This is also the most enjoyable part of my job. I LOVE children and cannot see myself doing anything but making them happy and comfortable.
Productive and fast workplace
Full-Time Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 9, 2014
Very clean and fun place to work. Very fast paced and enjoyable!
Place of growth
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Anacostia, SE D.C.June 2, 2014
wonderful other providers with great team-work ethic who truly has a desire to serve the population that we work with day in and day out.
Many of my patients are delightful people who I feel I have been able to help for the better.
I have learned a lot about disease process and managment
fun and organized workplace
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2014
I enjoyed working with the employees . they had very positive attitudes.
Productive and fun working on a clerical aspect in an office setting.
Clerical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work was exciting and I always looked forward coming to work. I learned how to fax documents, file, type, and research data. The management was awesome because they were great leaders and they taught the employees how to do our tasks and taught us about being professional on the job as well. My co-workers were helpful and very friendly people to work with. The hardest part of my job was staying busy because I would always finish my tasks before everyone else, so I always needed new assignments after another in order to stay busy doing tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Family Gathering because I was one of the employees that were depended on to keep the event running smoothly and professionally.
Pros
being in an office setting, working with great co-workers
Cons
not having a steady task all the time, only having summer employment
A place to grow
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington DcMay 15, 2014
you can develop skills that will be applied to future endeavors.
busy. always willing to train
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, D CMay 8, 2014
busy, very clean respectful place all ways willing to train ,learning experience