Unity Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive, family oriented, AMAZING place to work!!
Full-Time Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2016
In the morning, we ALL greet each other with a smile and, most times, a hug.
I've learned SO much from working at Unity Health Care!! From caring for pediatric patients, to teaching the elderly how to take their medications, and so much more.
My co-workers were like my family, if we had a disagreement, we discussed it like adults and moved on. When one of us was overwhelmed with work, someone ALWAYS stepped in to lighten their load.
The hardest part of working at Unity was leaving!!!! The clinic closed, and we made an attempt to all be reassigned to the same clinic, but unfortunately, some of us were let go due to lack of placement at other clinics.
The most enjoyable part of working at Unity was arriving at work everyday, seeing my "extended family".
Pros
Pulling together as a unit to make all of our work day productive.
Cons
Closing of the clinic, and being unable to be reassigned with co-workers.
Productive, Professional and Friendly
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
If you want to work with friendly fun people this is the place to work. If you want to gain experience on the medical field and get hired asap, this is your place. This was my very first professional medical field workplace, and I had fun working here. Here is were i learned everything i know. Medical Assistant wise etc. This will be my first recommendation. Of course like all jobs you will have very stressful days, down days, and sometimes you might not even feel like coming to work, but if you like working under pressure, with fun people that are constantly making you laugh, and telling you everything will be okay and helping you with whatever you need. come here.
Pros
fun work trips
Cons
sometimes stressful
Wow what can I say
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 10, 2017
First of all the residents call it a half way house... not a group home. They do go on outings, they don't do house activities. They don't have one on one time. Resident get 3 meals a day like there in jail no extra anything. NOT A PLACE I WOULD SEND MY RELETIVES.
Pros
ALL BADS
Cons
STOP DONT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE
Short breaks and television
Patient Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2016
Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources. Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient record folder. Maintains record availability by processing charts into the departments. Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability of the record. Maintains quality results by following hospital standards. Prepares and processes patient billing records
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
N/A
Having fun with your co-workers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2016
A day at my job is always surprising because of the type of people that we serve. It's always exciting to come to work because you will get a laugh or two. I've learned how to be calm and have patients to the greatest because some people need more help than others and in order for you to be successful, patients is one of the key to that. My co-workers are all a team player and that is a big help to me and the company. The hardest part of my job is to not being able to help someone and they leave disappointed. Having the honor of servicing infants is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
under staffing issues
Good at first, Then ....
Access Control (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
I used to like coming to work. But during this last year, that has changed. Big time. All I can say is, don't get too comfortable working at 1 site because they will transfer you in a heartbeat. This company mistakes stability for comfort, and it's not right. They will say "you work for Unity, not a certain location." But if I wanted to work at a certain site, I would've applied for that specific site.

There are people that has gotten moved to different sites, and it has become inconvenient for us. Unity slogan is "we treat you well." Well ... they could've fooled me.

On top of that, good luck asking for a raise. They won't give it to you. They are too focused on paying the doctors, and other management, that they forget about everyone else. I've checked the market value for my specific position, and Unity Health care is underpaying me by about $10,000 a year.

People will say "well, be thankful you have a job." But how can 1 be thankful, when they work for a company who, really does not care about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits, Location(s).
Cons
Management.
Awesome Exposure
Community Health Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2015
Working for unity health care was extremely beneficial to my advancement and knowledge in nursing. I was able to work with various specialities anf multiple providers which helped me network and establish professional relationships.
Unfortunately management is poor and fails to follow up with employees. They are not compassionate or concerned with the livelihood of the employees they house, I find it funny because the motto for the company is 'we treat you well.' I beleive the professionalism in the corporate office lacks greatly, and if you are stranger to them, you will definitely not excel.
Pros
great hours, great benefits
Cons
mediocre pay, urban area, poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 14, 2016
Working here for 2.5 years has taught me a lot about healthcare.
Some students have never had any type of health care in their countries and are a bit afraid.
N/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2016
Unity was a very interest place to work I enjoyed the opportunity to help the patients with their health care need. This position was very rewarding.
Very helpful staff and fun learning experience
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 2, 2016
My co-workers were so helpful when I first started working here. They made sure that I knew what I was supposed to do before they left me on my own. Granted filing papers wasn't the hardest job, but they made sure I knew how to work the phones and electronic medical records on my own before they went to do their own job. I was constantly answering pages for nurses, tracking down patients charts, faxing paper work, and filing paperwork into the correct charts. My co-workers made it a fun 8-5 job and I loved going there every day.
Productive stress free work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2016
At Unity I learned a lot and was able to expand my education. No was too big or too little. Great place to work. Unity lives by their mission statement and there is no I in Team.
Pros
great experience
Flexible scheduling and various worksites
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2013
A whole team of medical providers who come together to treat the underserved community and meet the various needs of most. I have been learned and mastered the many of my skills throughout my tenure here. The management are very accessible and try their best to work with the staff as much as possible. The co-workers at times could be very helpful but some are all for self which id not a good asset to the company. The hardest part of my day is understanding no matter how hard you try, you can not please everyone. The most enjoyable part of my day is that I get to be the super hero that everyone expects me to be. Helping people makes me happy and feel necessary.
Pros
great benefits, flexibility, and good locations
Cons
lack team players, high employee turnover rates
Not a good company to work for
Care Management Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2015
I have worked with this company for 5 unexpected years. During this 5 years I have literally gave my all. I have learned whatever new tasks that was asked of me as well as going above and beyond and for what I ask myself. This company has no advancement, management only cares about themselves no matter how hard you work for them. Plus, this company is very unorganized!!!
hard place to be promoted
ACCESS CONTROL STAFF (Current Employee) –  district of columbiaMay 7, 2015
its a really hard place to be promoted and get a raise in your check even thought you work hard and you don't be recognize at all. that's the main reason why I want to leave this job.
Helping sick people get well
Float Medical Assistant-PRN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
Heavy workload, some disorganization, great hours, affordable benefits.

Some staff is unprofessional.

Overall it is a great place to begin a healthcare career.
Patient Registration Clerk/Care Management Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2015
I love coming to work to help the patients and working along side the doctors. The doctors valued your input and pushed you be better at your job. I love how the job challenged me everyday and help me grow and become better at what did. I started out as a Patient Registration Clerk and after two years moved on to Care Management Support.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
The pay
The program was designed to provide medical, therapeutic and social services to HIV clients suffering with
HIV/AIDS Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2013
Clients would be referred to me and I would complete assessments, develop treatment plans, provide therapy.
Eventually I became the program manager and the overseer

I enhanced my investegative techniques and learned how to obtained needed information from pertinent parties that enabled me to develop treatment plans and manage the program.

The management team and colleagues were professionals and cared about the population we served.

The hardest part of the job was seeling the clients deteriorate from the disease that lived with them

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the client thank you for making a difference in their lives.
Pros
expression of gratitude from the clients and their family members
Cons
grant funded program
Safe, fun and I got to know the patients well and fast.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Typical day at work is intake of patients, helping the providers with exams as needed ad keeping the facility clean.
I learned how to separate Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine to specify what each doctors need from me everyday.
Management is fair and knowledgeable when I had to ask a question
I love my coworkers almost as much as I love the patients. They help me when I have a question and we make sure we have each others back when things get busy.
The hardest part of the job is giving babies and other children immunizations. It was hard to see them cry. This is also the most enjoyable part of my job. I LOVE children and cannot see myself doing anything but making them happy and comfortable.
Productive and fun working on a clerical aspect in an office setting.
Clerical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work was exciting and I always looked forward coming to work. I learned how to fax documents, file, type, and research data. The management was awesome because they were great leaders and they taught the employees how to do our tasks and taught us about being professional on the job as well. My co-workers were helpful and very friendly people to work with. The hardest part of my job was staying busy because I would always finish my tasks before everyone else, so I always needed new assignments after another in order to stay busy doing tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Family Gathering because I was one of the employees that were depended on to keep the event running smoothly and professionally.
Pros
Being in an office setting, working with great co-workers
Cons
Not having a steady task all the time, only having summer employment
A company that gives back to the community
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2013
It was a good place to learn about health care and the importance of the corporate daily routines. Morning staff meeting occured daily and I assisted with any Human Resource employee that needed help.

What I learned was additional information on Human Resources. Benefits, recruitment, and healthcare information.

My co-workers were helpful in all ways. I have no complaint about anyone.

I have no hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the new employees during pre-employment orientation.
Pros
staffing meetings. employees were friendly
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.