Unity Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Satisfying and Productive
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2016
A very busy, sometimes hectic place but fun and productive, I went home satisfied everyday feeling good about my accomplishments. No day was ever the same and enjoyed the many hats to wear when needed.
R.N. Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2016
Managers were great, room for advancement. Staff were great to work with. Benefits were great. Nice place to work overall.
Career advancement is non-existent
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2016
While I have enjoyed my many co-workers over the years and even a couple of managers, the company just does not allow for moving forward and making something of ones self within the office setting. The two reasons I have stayed as long as I have are that I have been quite lucky with the people I have worked with, in that I consider the grand majority of them all my friends, and the other being necessity of needing finances to pay for the cost of living.
Pros
Being employed.
Cons
Insurance has near tripled in cost just in one year alone. No room for advancement.
work environment
RN staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 27, 2016
hard job, good coworkers. too busy, never get lunch. patient load sometimes too heavy, great company to work for, however the acuity in the ER is many times too high and I spent my time not being able to provide quality care because I was too overwhelmed.
benefits
Cons
too busy
Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2015
Unity was a great place to work. Training was very thorough and I was able to do a lot all by myself in a week. The people are very friendly. Management was always on top of things.
i have nothing to say
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 2, 2015
i have no review there is nothing to say about this company that is good its reputation is one they live up to when it comes to workplace discrimination and being culturally biased
Unity Health System is held to the Highest Standards of Patient Centered Care
Addiction Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYSeptember 21, 2015
I have been employed with Unity Health System for over 15 years. They have provided me the opportunity to advance in all levels of care in Chemical Dependency. They have also provided free education in Behavioral Health to advance my knowledge in providing services with Co-Occurring Disorders Patients. In doing so, my passion for patient care has bloomed to the point where I have skills in chemical dependency, mental health, and trauma informed care. Being that Unity is a Hospital, they have encouraged me to return to college to advance and enter college to obtain my BSN which is what I am currently in the process of working on. I am moving to the West Virginia area for personal reasons hoping to offer my professionalism to the area. My passion to pursue Nursing will follow me to the West Virginia area to support the Chemical Dependency field that I already have a true passion for.
Pros
educational services and advancement
Cons
none worth mentioning
excellent-always treated employees and patients with respect
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Many opportunities for education and excellent staff and always .learning .Always busy but enjoyable.Did not find politics excessive and felt was treated fairly.
Family setting
Patient Care Coordinator RCMA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 7, 2015
I must say that I truly like this job the atmopsher is awesome with a family setting. Every one get along great and is very helpful with day to day work. Every day you learn something new.
Pros
no weekends or holidays set shift one hour lunch
Cons
the pay and the abilty to get offf for appointments
Poorly Managed
technician (Former Employee) –  rochester general hospitalSeptember 4, 2015
Cannot talk to managment because management is always on vacation and when they do finally decide to come back for a few days before going a vacation again poor decisions are being made. Poor decisions are being made because they think they know what is going on in the department but in order to know what is going on in thr department you actually have to come to work. People who actually do their job are being sworn at by one of the supervisors (management has been told, no changes) and still has their job along with the people who don't do their job. The people who don't do their job walk around care free while the people who actually do their job walk around in fear of loosing their job. Not a happy work environment very low moral. Found a new job because walking around with the stress of loosing my job every day was to much.
Pros
consistent pay check
Cons
poor management, favoritism, fear of loosing job
Customer service oriented, goal driven establishment
Security Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Unity Healths expectations involve high customer service standards, employee acknowledgement, and the overall best care to all of our customers. We maintain a high degree of integrity and guarantee a positive experience when someone comes to our facility.
Very stressful place to work with very little support. Communication is very poor.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2015
Very stressful place to work with very little support. The health field is a constantly changing environment. This would be fine if employee's felt notified of any upcoming changes. We recently merged and the communication has been very poor regarding all facets and has affected staff morale and employee engagement. This is sad considering how many wonderful, hard working employee's they have. The company does have decent health insurance packages.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Communication and lack of support
Medical Records Clerk I
Medical Records Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYAugust 11, 2015
I come in in the morning I start with a chart return. I go on to my evaluations (Put the new charts together). I do all my loose filing (putting paperwork into charts). I print out the schedules for the following day ( all doctor and therapist appointments). I answer calls in between. I check the fax machine for incoming faxes. I delegate faxes to appropriate therapists. I fill out consents with clients.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short Breaks
servicing the customers
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester N.YJuly 4, 2015
~ Team leader; once supervisor leave I take their place
~ Handling customer service issues
~ Monitor and maintaining all patient transports
Unethical management, long work hours, good benefits, decent salary.
Addiction Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 17, 2015
I loved working with the clients-that was the most rewarding part of this job. You have to work at least 50 hours per week (only get paid for 40) if you want to get all of your paperwork done-and they keep adding in more paperwork probably monthly. They pretend they don't know you haven't gotten a lunch break. Co-workers are good for the most part-but it is evident who is favored. The supervisors "have each other's back" and no matter how unethical they are they will as a team if they feel threatened-including HR. Best advice: Keep your head down and mouth shut. Go with the flow-of management.
Pros
Decent salary, good benefits
Cons
Favortism by managers is very evident. If they do not like you, they WILL get rid of you at any cost. The new supervisor there was a complete micromanager, other supervisor didn't care what was going on except profits.
Horrible Management, Always short staffed, Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edna Tina WiLson LTCJune 1, 2015
Love working with the patients and families. The workplace is really nice due to remodeling. As far as team work for the nurses and cnas there is very little, no support from building administration. U have to be careful confiding in them about any personal issues because it will be all over the building. They are not discreet at all! Nursing staff over worked and stressed to the max. Team leaders often have to pick up patient care assignments when staffing is low with the expectations that all your work is done no excuses. The Assistant Director has favorites and picks on the people she don't like and nothing is done. Nurses are looking for jobs. The rest of Unity is great from what I hear but this place is depressing. Anxiety and stressed to the max when u come to work not healthy at all. Warning stay away!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks lots of attitudes little team work.
Very professional environment
Director-Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2015
Exciting place to work with all of the changes with the Health Care industry.Very dedicated staff who are willing to help improve processes for positive impact to patients and family.
Pros
Constant change for improvement
Cons
Getting buy in from long term employees
A workplace were you learn many backgrounds
Environmental Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2015
I am the only maintenance person there fro 7 am to 330 pm. I leave from the resident that life is very important adn choice you make effects others as well . The staff is very supportive. sometimes the hardest part is dealing with all different personalities . I enjoy getting to hear different stories from all learning no matter what everyone goes through things
Wonderful Workplace
Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2015
Great work life balance. Wonderful workplace. The management is very caring. Teamwork is stressed. Although it is a very large organization there is a feeling of family.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Medical Assisting /Administration
Medical Assisting Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2015
I was interning for Medical Assisting and did more Administration work and decided to get my bachelor's degree. I enjoyed the intern site gave me clarity about what I wanted to do the rest of my career. The co-workers were very good at their job and friendly and allowed me to be part of their family.
Pros
Got to see what the Administration, part of running a health care facility, or doctors office consists of .
Cons
There is a lot of paper work and policies that you have to abide by.