Unity Health System Employee Reviews

Beautiful
Residential Counselor/Addiction Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Pond RoadOctober 8, 2017
Beautiful....Major growth available for all who continue to excel according to priorities of the demand of culture and reputation of developing the community.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2017
So many opportunities to grow and the benefits were outstanding. The company is now know as Rochester Regional Health systems and is still a great place to work.
Busy, good people to work with
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emergency CenterJuly 21, 2017
The Emergency Center is always a busy place, very little downtime. Nurses and Doctors were a fantastic group of people. EMS always knew the secretaries and made their work efficiency better, coming in with alll necessary information, most of the time. I learned alot of medical, based on Doctors orders and input from nurses. Always willing to share their knowledge with you. The hardest part of the job was when there was a DOA or critical patient and dealing with the family, trying to be as sympathetic as possible, while getting the information for demographics. The best part of the job was being able to make someone comfortable in a hectic environment.
Pros
Familys who made you feel you were somebody
Enjoyed the growth I was able to make
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2017
Enjoyed the growth I was able to make. Was still a new grad and able to use multiple skills learned in school. Demonstrated leadership and team playing skills that were and knowledged by management and promoted to being charge nurse
fun loving work placed
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2017
very laid back job nice people good place too work some very helpful people and we do have some that take advantage when u got hard workers like me who work hard some have too pick up slack not fair but i do my job and not complain
Pros
good support team
Cons
short breaks
Working for unity became a family member over time
ICU Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2017
I basically love taking care of all patients especially when they recover from there illness ,but sadden when they don't make it. unityhealth is a big family and i feel my job is very rewarding.
Great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2017
In a typical day duties includes and are not limited to get daily reports, starting morning care as needed per resident. Assist in daily living activities
Left company in 2009 due to moving out of area
Addiction Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2017
Provided chemical dependency treatment to individuals with both substance abuse/mental health issues in an outpatient and inpatient setting. Facilated both individual and group sessions.
Just the right size
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2017
Medium sized hospital with great staff and a wonderful patient population. Added benefit of learning along side international medical residents with unique skills
Great place to work. Love my job.
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  1471 Long Pond Road, Rochester, NY 14612February 13, 2017
I work with a great team! Everyone helps each other out as needed. I care for residents with Alzheimer's Dementia. Love my residents! Busy, can be stressful and draining (physically, mentally, and emotionally) but making residents smile is the best part of my day.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Exhausting work
Productive and exciting place to work
Lead Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2017
There are many departments within the hospital and continues to expland. My department was an exciting and relatively new place to work. I loved working their very much. The doctor and other staff members were the best of the best.
Learned a lot about health care
Budget Analyst & Decision Support II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2016
The budget dept is a 'good old boys' network. No one but Directors are expected to have good ideas. Suggestions for improvement are not encouraged and any input to ideas that Directors have are frowned upon.
working in a friendly area
Environmental Services Aide I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 9, 2016
its nice to worked in a friendly area, loved the people around me. The hardest part working in my area is when working in 2 areas at the same time specially during a busy day.
Pros
he
Fast paced environment
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
A typical day sees me helping 3 0r 4 operating rooms gather supplies and equipment for the days cases as well as for the next day. Most of my co-workers are friendly and go above and beyond.
Pros
helping patients and families at adifficult time.
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2016
I would give Unity an overall 4 stars because they really care for their employees as well as their patients. I always left work feeling accomplished and with a smile knowing that I was able to help someone get through their day stress free.
Satisfying and Productive
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2016
A very busy, sometimes hectic place but fun and productive, I went home satisfied everyday feeling good about my accomplishments. No day was ever the same and enjoyed the many hats to wear when needed.
R.N. Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2016
Managers were great, room for advancement. Staff were great to work with. Benefits were great. Nice place to work overall.
Career advancement is non-existent
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2016
While I have enjoyed my many co-workers over the years and even a couple of managers, the company just does not allow for moving forward and making something of ones self within the office setting. The two reasons I have stayed as long as I have are that I have been quite lucky with the people I have worked with, in that I consider the grand majority of them all my friends, and the other being necessity of needing finances to pay for the cost of living.
Pros
Being employed.
Cons
Insurance has near tripled in cost just in one year alone. No room for advancement.
work environment
RN staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 27, 2016
hard job, good coworkers. too busy, never get lunch. patient load sometimes too heavy, great company to work for, however the acuity in the ER is many times too high and I spent my time not being able to provide quality care because I was too overwhelmed.
benefits
Cons
too busy
Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2015
Unity was a great place to work. Training was very thorough and I was able to do a lot all by myself in a week. The people are very friendly. Management was always on top of things.