Unity Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Love my job.
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  1471 Long Pond Road, Rochester, NY 14612February 13, 2017
I work with a great team! Everyone helps each other out as needed. I care for residents with Alzheimer's Dementia. Love my residents! Busy, can be stressful and draining (physically, mentally, and emotionally) but making residents smile is the best part of my day.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Exhausting work
Productive and exciting place to work
Lead Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2017
There are many departments within the hospital and continues to expland. My department was an exciting and relatively new place to work. I loved working their very much. The doctor and other staff members were the best of the best.
Fast paced environment
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
A typical day sees me helping 3 0r 4 operating rooms gather supplies and equipment for the days cases as well as for the next day. Most of my co-workers are friendly and go above and beyond.
Pros
helping patients and families at adifficult time.
Cons
n/a
working in a friendly area
Environmental Services Aide I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 9, 2016
its nice to worked in a friendly area, loved the people around me. The hardest part working in my area is when working in 2 areas at the same time specially during a busy day.
Pros
he
Career advancement is non-existent
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2016
While I have enjoyed my many co-workers over the years and even a couple of managers, the company just does not allow for moving forward and making something of ones self within the office setting. The two reasons I have stayed as long as I have are that I have been quite lucky with the people I have worked with, in that I consider the grand majority of them all my friends, and the other being necessity of needing finances to pay for the cost of living.
Pros
Being employed.
Cons
Insurance has near tripled in cost just in one year alone. No room for advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2016
I would give Unity an overall 4 stars because they really care for their employees as well as their patients. I always left work feeling accomplished and with a smile knowing that I was able to help someone get through their day stress free.
Satisfying and Productive
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2016
A very busy, sometimes hectic place but fun and productive, I went home satisfied everyday feeling good about my accomplishments. No day was ever the same and enjoyed the many hats to wear when needed.
work environment
RN staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 27, 2016
hard job, good coworkers. too busy, never get lunch. patient load sometimes too heavy, great company to work for, however the acuity in the ER is many times too high and I spent my time not being able to provide quality care because I was too overwhelmed.
benefits
Cons
too busy
Very stressful place to work with very little support. Communication is very poor.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2015
Very stressful place to work with very little support. The health field is a constantly changing environment. This would be fine if employee's felt notified of any upcoming changes. We recently merged and the communication has been very poor regarding all facets and has affected staff morale and employee engagement. This is sad considering how many wonderful, hard working employee's they have. The company does have decent health insurance packages.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Communication and lack of support
Medical Records Clerk I
Medical Records Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYAugust 11, 2015
I come in in the morning I start with a chart return. I go on to my evaluations (Put the new charts together). I do all my loose filing (putting paperwork into charts). I print out the schedules for the following day ( all doctor and therapist appointments). I answer calls in between. I check the fax machine for incoming faxes. I delegate faxes to appropriate therapists. I fill out consents with clients.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short Breaks
R.N. Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2016
Managers were great, room for advancement. Staff were great to work with. Benefits were great. Nice place to work overall.
Customer service oriented, goal driven establishment
Security Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Unity Healths expectations involve high customer service standards, employee acknowledgement, and the overall best care to all of our customers. We maintain a high degree of integrity and guarantee a positive experience when someone comes to our facility.
Poorly Managed
technician (Former Employee) –  rochester general hospitalSeptember 4, 2015
Cannot talk to managment because management is always on vacation and when they do finally decide to come back for a few days before going a vacation again poor decisions are being made. Poor decisions are being made because they think they know what is going on in the department but in order to know what is going on in thr department you actually have to come to work. People who actually do their job are being sworn at by one of the supervisors (management has been told, no changes) and still has their job along with the people who don't do their job. The people who don't do their job walk around care free while the people who actually do their job walk around in fear of loosing their job. Not a happy work environment very low moral. Found a new job because walking around with the stress of loosing my job every day was to much.
Pros
consistent pay check
Cons
poor management, favoritism, fear of loosing job
Medical Assisting /Administration
Medical Assisting Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2015
I was interning for Medical Assisting and did more Administration work and decided to get my bachelor's degree. I enjoyed the intern site gave me clarity about what I wanted to do the rest of my career. The co-workers were very good at their job and friendly and allowed me to be part of their family.
Pros
Got to see what the Administration, part of running a health care facility, or doctors office consists of .
Cons
There is a lot of paper work and policies that you have to abide by.
A workplace were you learn many backgrounds
Environmental Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2015
I am the only maintenance person there fro 7 am to 330 pm. I leave from the resident that life is very important adn choice you make effects others as well . The staff is very supportive. sometimes the hardest part is dealing with all different personalities . I enjoy getting to hear different stories from all learning no matter what everyone goes through things
Family setting
Patient Care Coordinator RCMA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 7, 2015
I must say that I truly like this job the atmopsher is awesome with a family setting. Every one get along great and is very helpful with day to day work. Every day you learn something new.
Pros
no weekends or holidays set shift one hour lunch
Cons
the pay and the abilty to get offf for appointments
Empowering workplace
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a variety of responsibilities, whether it was an office visit with clients or making home visits. The rewarding aspect of my position allowed me to be creative and innovative with my clients by way of implementing a new job duty of conducting home visits. Many of our participants faced a plethora of barriers, one being transportation; therefore, I believe in meeting my clients where they are to build trust, while providing the best opportunities for them in any way.
The most stressful company I have ever work for.
Accounting Assistant II / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 3, 2014
I worked for this company for 6 years and had to quit because I was being forced to do 60 hrs of work in a 40 hrs time frame. I never felt my work or experience was appreciated. Since I left there are now 6 people trying to do the same job and are still not doing it effectively. Management makes the job impossible and they allow one or two individuals to ruin the atomsphere and harass the other co-workers. The fact that this company is a healthcare environment, it is ironic that the employees of the accounting offices end up in the emergency dept for high blood pressure problems quite frequently.
Pros
It was close to where I lived
Cons
The entire work experience
Good place to work..
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birthing CenterMarch 29, 2013
I used to work at Unity and it is a very challanging place to work, very reasonable and understanding. The only problem was that there is wayyyyyy to much talking behind backs and toooo much gossip in the work place. I also witnessed PA's and Nurses saying things that were not appropriate in the work place, very discouraging being they are suppose to be of authority.
Pros
free parking, close to home...
Cons
no breaks that are suppose to be a law, and no real communication
We pretty much really worked together.
STAFF NURSE LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2013
I worked as many shifts as I could, and typically there would be an instance where the expectations between two individual can be different. I learned to effectively communicate with my supervisors anything pertinent to the job. Unfortunately there was a very high turnover in management, which prevented me from getting to know them well. The hardest part of the job was the staffing shortages, and all too often scheduling discrepancies. The most enjoyable part of the job were my patients, and the comradery between the staff.
Pros
overtime was plentiful
Cons
scheduling discrepancies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Health System. Our community is ready to answer.