Unity Healthcare

Unity Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

A typical day at work in Unity Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great feeling of helping the most needy
Cons: not able to stop homelessness
A day at CCNV Clinic it has its rewards from out of control diabetes to wound care. But at CCNV is a great place to work one is to meet we would think the unfortunate but at the same time you learn a variety of characters with great hearts,sad stories. Lessons of life to learn and at the same time sad moments of those who suffer and live with Aids. For me it was a great experience and lesson. I made many happy and loved so many who came through CCNV with caring hearts bringing me oranges or candy of gratitude of how I made them feel in my care not making them feel like outsider or I didn't care about their diseases. They felt the love and care I showed them on a daily basis. Every experience I learned and earn is great asset for my future life experience.
Helping the under privilege
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: health fairs, great benefits, family days
Helping the under privilege become more aware of their overall health was rewarding. Unity was a humbling experience. I learned a lot from my patients as well as gained more experience. The hardest part of the job was not becoming attached to the patients.
Unity Healthcare a great place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Unity Healthcare is really a great Community Clinic that really helps people in the community that are in need of medical help whether or not they have health insurance or not
I loved this place!!!!!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), VariedSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: everything was a positive experience for me
Cons: they need to expand out of dc
I spent five years with this company.They do start you off with a low salary. I was promoted twice in six months. This was how my salary boosted on top of my yearly raise. They have good benefits.There is plenty of room for overtime and growth if you want to advance your career. They perform health fairs for the community. They provide employee bonuses (christmas). It truly depends on the individuals expectation of any company. There highest population of patients are low-income and homeless. I loved this non-profit organization. The doctors who worked there were the best!!!!!
A Day at Unity
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great learning enviornment, laid back enviornment
Cons: low wages
Unity is a very busy work place. We see an array of patients; mental health, pediatrics, OB/GYN, Internal medicine as well as infectious diseases. It is an amazing place to work if you are fresh out of school and eager to learn a vast variety of things. However, the work load and compensation do not match. We deal with an impoverished and underprivileged community. The work load can be stressful, especially when the cost of living continues to increase and the pay does not.
Charge Nurse, Urgent Care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dept of CorrectionsJune 22, 2014
The was very educational, I got work to use my skills in a variety of ways and I worked with people from different walks of life.
Productive Place to work
HIM Clerk (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Check the fax machine/inbox and distribute into the proper doctors folders. Process medical records requests, file charts, scan records into eCW, cover registration desk, assist patients with obtaining proper health certifications.
Organizations primarily assists and provide services to the underserved and those without insurance coverage.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: training is always available, if requested.
Cons: salary is not based on my years of experience, nor college education.
A typical day at work includes receiving patients, intake medical information, collecting vital signs to include, weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature. Charts medical information into EMR.

In addition, administers injections as requested by providers, performs urinalysis and pregnancy testing under the scope of practice, set up and assists with minimally invasive surgical procedures, performs EKG's as warranted and needed medical services.

It was a new and learning experience in working with the pediatrics, and with those patients that were from Department of Corrections that were released into half way houses.

Additionally, I'm responsible for ordering all medical supplies for the organization; and receiving, distributing, stocking, and storing them upon arrival.

My nurse manager and co-workers are excellent to work with.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining my duties in receiving and handling supply shipment and invoices, preparing and assisting within the clinic duties, to include assisting with surgical procedures, and working at the nurses station receiving and handling incoming calls. However, I've always been successful in fulfilling all tasks and duties assigned.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and providing professional medical services to my patients. Patients always look forward to receiving my professional assistance during their appointment, because I always make them feel welcome, regardless of their living status and/or medical condition. Not to mention, they trust me with confidential information, because they know that I respect their privacy and exercise the HIIPA policy to the fullest extent!

It's always my ultimate goal to meet the professional needs of the patients and their family members, providers, and staff, as warranted.

I always go the extra-mile, in an effort to meet the professional needs of others, and the organization as a whole.
Great job to learn new skills
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington DCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: a lot of medical fields within
Cons: underpaid
I have learned that Unity is a great place to begin your career beacuse it has so many different things and learn the people there are nice the management is alright. the most enjoyable part of my work day is making people happy
a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management
Management could have been better. The patients were very needy. Which I didn't mind because I love taking care of people
Really enjoy caring for and helping my clients!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2013
Pros: helping and caring for my clients. great feeling of accomplishment!
Cons: management, hard to balance with my personal life, salary
The most enjoyable part about my current job is Helping those that are in need! I've learned alot about different health conditions and how to care for clients with different health conditions and personalities. The most hardest part of the job is the lack of staff and team work, I mostly work with 8 clients independently on my own, which I enjoy doing but it can be a bit overwhelming doing mostly everything by myself without any accommodations. I enjoy what I do (caring for others in need), but I want to expand my career to the next level. I need to find a workplace that fit my schedule as well as my interest!
My passion is the medical field.
Nutrition Technician (WIC) (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
I loved going to work everyday helping others. I greeted my patients with a smile. I was the front line person. I conducted intake and other clerical duties.I performed heights, weights and fingersticks for iron level measurements. I learned to value everyone. My supervisor was very helpful. I did not find anything to be hard about my job because I enjoyed it so much. The most enjoyable part of my day was when the kids would run up to me and give me a hug when coming in the door or leaving.
Very educational
Physician Biller/Collectore (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: learnig enviroment
Cons: liars about the outsourcing
Here I learned all there is to know about electronic billing. There was not much room for growth. Our jobs as billers were outsourced to another company. We were asked to take another position, and I chose to leave and pursue something else.
Just a place to make bill money
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2013
Feels like im in high school all over again. The job is fine but the environment is ridiculous. Irate patients everyday, organization is ridiculous, there is barely any.
Comapany needs a lot of work
Care Support Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2013
I didnt even finish my probation period. This company was the worst company ever to work for. I would not reccomend anyone who can do better to work here.
unity was a fun work place will you could learn in different practices
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 24, 2013
Pros: you can learn a lot of different skills
Cons: the company dosen't protect their own and will hire anybody
i learned a-lot working with this company coming straight out of school but they move people head if you belong within the click or they really like you and not base on what you know and how good you do your job.also they will try to work you like an animal with no pay raise and some of the clinics don't take in the hippa law
Fun work place.
Floater Medical Assistant/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 26, 2012
Pros: health insurance is free
Cons: low pay
The best part abiut working for Unity is working with the homeless.