Unity Healthcare Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Patient Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 4, 2017
A great place to work. Fully enjoyed it as my first step into the healthcare field. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place of employment.
Great benefits and employee oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYMarch 7, 2017
Very good place to work, provides constant training for system changes and updates, great benefits and employee opportunities. Can learn a variety of skill sets if in the right job.
Pros
great pay, great benefits always learning new things
Cons
long hours and not much advancement.
productive and fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoy working here at unity , but im looking for somewhere else where they have more opportunity and where they pay more.
Patient Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2016
Clinic has a very diverse group of patient's who really depend on coming to our clinic to receive service. It does get busy, but working with the doctors here to keep things going makes it easy
Working for Unity
Patient Scheduling Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
A typical work day at Unity starts with me schedules appointments, records information, and effectively communicates appointment schedule to patients. I also,provided one-on-one training to new team members, enhancing confidence and enabling them to function independently within a few weeks. I have learned a lot working for this company. As far as being more understanding about what patients have to go through just to be seen by a provider. The management here is wonderful. She's always give us good advice and helping us expand our knowledge of the company. My co-workers are great. Very professional, out going and very dedicated employees. The enjoyable part about my job is knowing that I was able to help the patients get what they needed.
busy community clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2016
a typical day at work was ,I would come in triage patients prep the room for the doctor make sure that roomds were stocked.
Fun place to work, everyday is an adventure.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2016
Management sucks, no communication, expect for you to do everything when you're fully staff of employees for each department. Just No respect for us..
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
no respect for employees
A good place to start and learn
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2016
This was a fun work place along with you can really learn a lot. The Doctors love to help and show you new things. The nurses and the team was helpful most of the time
Pros
Good work setting
Cons
no working together
Fun place to work, great coworkers and management!
Radiologic Technologist and Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 19, 2016
I love coming to work each and every day. I know I will always have my coworkers to pick me up if I am down or going through a rough patch, and the patients that we see continuously are also a great part of my workday. The management is AWESOME here, they always have an open door if you need to talk, whether it be about work or personal issues. In the last year and a half I have worked here, I have learned so much and am currently being cross-trained in CT.
Patient Register Clerk
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2016
Not a good place to work if English is not you first language, not really professional. Some days it can be very hard since they have 5 doctors for only one patient clerk to register, check for insurance, make appoiment, etc..
fun workplace
PATIENT SCHEDULING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2016
A typical day here usually very busy. The hardest part of the job is losing patients to chronic illness everyday. The best part was building relationships with the families as well as the patients.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
short breaks
Good Company bad benefits
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 24, 2016
Point system and PTO system is awful. The pay is around average for this area. Chance for advancement is hopeful they are a growing company.
Great start
Clerk/ Merchandiser Handler (Former Employee) –  Florida Ridge, FLFebruary 14, 2016
No advancement, but great place to start as in healthcare industry. but very big and not enough time to finish. would go bavk different place different time
Decent
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work at...Always a good day at work. Sometimes fast paced but I liked it and I liked my coworkers and I have been here for a long time.
Pros
like it
Cons
nothing
Nursing Agency provided fulltime employment.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 17, 2015
Nursing agency provided fulltime employment residence and nursing facilities. Provided assistance patients bathed, showered, shaved, undressed and dressed for activities of daily living.
Pros
Working at private residences and nursing facilities.
Cons
Not always stationery location various locations.
Fun to work
DC, Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington dcFebruary 13, 2015
Unity Healthcare is a great place to work. The work is not hard. I had great co workers. My manager was great... Unity Treats you well.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
no advancement
A typical day at work in Unity Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
A day at CCNV Clinic it has its rewards from out of control diabetes to wound care. But at CCNV is a great place to work one is to meet we would think the unfortunate but at the same time you learn a variety of characters with great hearts,sad stories. Lessons of life to learn and at the same time sad moments of those who suffer and live with Aids. For me it was a great experience and lesson. I made many happy and loved so many who came through CCNV with caring hearts bringing me oranges or candy of gratitude of how I made them feel in my care not making them feel like outsider or I didn't care about their diseases. They felt the love and care I showed them on a daily basis. Every experience I learned and earn is great asset for my future life experience.
Pros
great feeling of helping the most needy
Cons
not able to stop homelessness
Helping the under privilege
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
Helping the under privilege become more aware of their overall health was rewarding. Unity was a humbling experience. I learned a lot from my patients as well as gained more experience. The hardest part of the job was not becoming attached to the patients.
Pros
Health fairs, great benefits, family days
Unity Healthcare a great place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2014
Unity Healthcare is really a great Community Clinic that really helps people in the community that are in need of medical help whether or not they have health insurance or not
Pros
Great Place to work
I loved this place!!!!!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  VariedSeptember 3, 2014
I spent five years with this company.They do start you off with a low salary. I was promoted twice in six months. This was how my salary boosted on top of my yearly raise. They have good benefits.There is plenty of room for overtime and growth if you want to advance your career. They perform health fairs for the community. They provide employee bonuses (christmas). It truly depends on the individuals expectation of any company. There highest population of patients are low-income and homeless. I loved this non-profit organization. The doctors who worked there were the best!!!!!
Pros
Everything was a positive experience for me
Cons
They need to expand out of DC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval