Unity Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
PATIENT SCHEDULING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2016
A typical day here usually very busy. The hardest part of the job is losing patients to chronic illness everyday. The best part was building relationships with the families as well as the patients.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
short breaks
Great start
Clerk/ Merchandiser Handler (Former Employee) –  Florida Ridge, FLFebruary 14, 2016
No advancement, but great place to start as in healthcare industry. but very big and not enough time to finish. would go bavk different place different time
Decent
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work at...Always a good day at work. Sometimes fast paced but I liked it and I liked my coworkers and I have been here for a long time.
Pros
like it
Cons
nothing
Nursing Agency provided fulltime employment.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 17, 2015
Nursing agency provided fulltime employment residence and nursing facilities. Provided assistance patients bathed, showered, shaved, undressed and dressed for activities of daily living.
Pros
Working at private residences and nursing facilities.
Cons
Not always stationery location various locations.
A typical day at work in Unity Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
A day at CCNV Clinic it has its rewards from out of control diabetes to wound care. But at CCNV is a great place to work one is to meet we would think the unfortunate but at the same time you learn a variety of characters with great hearts,sad stories. Lessons of life to learn and at the same time sad moments of those who suffer and live with Aids. For me it was a great experience and lesson. I made many happy and loved so many who came through CCNV with caring hearts bringing me oranges or candy of gratitude of how I made them feel in my care not making them feel like outsider or I didn't care about their diseases. They felt the love and care I showed them on a daily basis. Every experience I learned and earn is great asset for my future life experience.
Pros
great feeling of helping the most needy
Cons
not able to stop homelessness
I loved this place!!!!!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  VariedSeptember 3, 2014
I spent five years with this company.They do start you off with a low salary. I was promoted twice in six months. This was how my salary boosted on top of my yearly raise. They have good benefits.There is plenty of room for overtime and growth if you want to advance your career. They perform health fairs for the community. They provide employee bonuses (christmas). It truly depends on the individuals expectation of any company. There highest population of patients are low-income and homeless. I loved this non-profit organization. The doctors who worked there were the best!!!!!
Pros
everything was a positive experience for me
Cons
they need to expand out of dc
Helping the under privilege
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
Helping the under privilege become more aware of their overall health was rewarding. Unity was a humbling experience. I learned a lot from my patients as well as gained more experience. The hardest part of the job was not becoming attached to the patients.
Pros
health fairs, great benefits, family days
A Day at Unity
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2014
Unity is a very busy work place. We see an array of patients; mental health, pediatrics, OB/GYN, Internal medicine as well as infectious diseases. It is an amazing place to work if you are fresh out of school and eager to learn a vast variety of things. However, the work load and compensation do not match. We deal with an impoverished and underprivileged community. The work load can be stressful, especially when the cost of living continues to increase and the pay does not.
Pros
great learning enviornment, laid back enviornment
Cons
low wages
My passion is the medical field.
Nutrition Technician (WIC) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2013
I loved going to work everyday helping others. I greeted my patients with a smile. I was the front line person. I conducted intake and other clerical duties.I performed heights, weights and fingersticks for iron level measurements. I learned to value everyone. My supervisor was very helpful. I did not find anything to be hard about my job because I enjoyed it so much. The most enjoyable part of my day was when the kids would run up to me and give me a hug when coming in the door or leaving.
Pros
great atmosphere
unity was a fun work place will you could learn in different practices
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2013
i learned a-lot working with this company coming straight out of school but they move people head if you belong within the click or they really like you and not base on what you know and how good you do your job.also they will try to work you like an animal with no pay raise and some of the clinics don't take in the hippa law
Pros
you can learn a lot of different skills
Cons
the company dosen't protect their own and will hire anybody
Really enjoy caring for and helping my clients!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part about my current job is Helping those that are in need! I've learned alot about different health conditions and how to care for clients with different health conditions and personalities. The most hardest part of the job is the lack of staff and team work, I mostly work with 8 clients independently on my own, which I enjoy doing but it can be a bit overwhelming doing mostly everything by myself without any accommodations. I enjoy what I do (caring for others in need), but I want to expand my career to the next level. I need to find a workplace that fit my schedule as well as my interest!
Pros
helping and caring for my clients. great feeling of accomplishment!
Cons
management, hard to balance with my personal life, salary
Unity Healthcare a great place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2014
Unity Healthcare is really a great Community Clinic that really helps people in the community that are in need of medical help whether or not they have health insurance or not
Pros
great place to work
Fun to work
DC, Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington dcFebruary 13, 2015
Unity Healthcare is a great place to work. The work is not hard. I had great co workers. My manager was great... Unity Treats you well.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
no advancement
Very educational
Physician Biller/Collectore (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2013
Here I learned all there is to know about electronic billing. There was not much room for growth. Our jobs as billers were outsourced to another company. We were asked to take another position, and I chose to leave and pursue something else.
Pros
learnig enviroment
Cons
liars about the outsourcing
Great job to learn new skills
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 18, 2014
I have learned that Unity is a great place to begin your career beacuse it has so many different things and learn the people there are nice the management is alright. the most enjoyable part of my work day is making people happy
Pros
a lot of medical fields within
Cons
underpaid
Productive Place to work
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Check the fax machine/inbox and distribute into the proper doctors folders. Process medical records requests, file charts, scan records into eCW, cover registration desk, assist patients with obtaining proper health certifications.
Just a place to make bill money
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2013
Feels like im in high school all over again. The job is fine but the environment is ridiculous. Irate patients everyday, organization is ridiculous, there is barely any.
Comapany needs a lot of work
Care Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2013
I didnt even finish my probation period. This company was the worst company ever to work for. I would not reccomend anyone who can do better to work here.
a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2014
Management could have been better. The patients were very needy. Which I didn't mind because I love taking care of people
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Charge Nurse, Urgent Care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dept of CorrectionsJune 22, 2014
The was very educational, I got work to use my skills in a variety of ways and I worked with people from different walks of life.