Unity Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work, wonderful benefits, amazing nurses and doctors. You learn a lot about the healthcare field and what it takes to be apart of it. You gain tons of experience
Pros
Great job
Cons
Pay
Pharmacy Can use some change
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Overall Unity Hospital is a good place to work. With them being purchased by RGH things started to change. The pharmacy department is in desperate need of management change. Clinical Supervisor is NOT friendly towards her employees at all and generally makes it very unpleasant to be a part of her staff. Majority of staff are very good and work well together. Small changes in management would make it a great place to work.
Pros
Good hours, good co-workers
Cons
Management needs to be changed
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed the comradery with my co-workers. I didn't feel Management was willing to make necessary changes to make working at Unity worth while.
Pros
Updates in coding changes offered
Cons
Couldn't work from home
In transition
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 13, 2016
Unity is currently undergoing changes in relation to Mercy Hospital and making them 1 hospital 2 campuses. Ineffective communication from upper management leads to fear, rumors, undue stress.
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed my time of employment with this company. i admired the staff and everyone I came in contact with via the Company. I became employed at a ruff time in my life, and they were there for me.
Pros
great Staff
Cons
i wanted more pay
work day at unity
Light house keeping (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2016
Unity was a fun place to work until they began to switch things around and change management. Working for Unity I learned a lot of things. All of my patients were nice and loveable.
Interesting workplace
Staff RN/Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 26, 2016
It is small hospital so it is nice to know pretty much everyone or they are at least an acquaintance. They are currently experiencing a lot of changes i.e one hospital 2 campuses. Also two of the unions are currently working on settling contract negotiations.
Currently experiencing many changes. Unsure what the future holds.
Critical Care Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Intensive Care UnitSeptember 15, 2016
Currently experiencing many changes. Unsure what the future holds.
Allina no longer seems to care about it's employees. Co-workers are awesome people and the only thing that kept me there for so long.
Allina
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Great lead management on the cardiac tele step down unit. Great staff to work with. Staff is very helpful, great team work.
Great family atmosphere
Lead Clinical Account Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 9, 2016
The staff here is amazing! I left to take a position closer to home in 2004 and came back as soon as they had a position open to return.
Very busy department, poor training, little team work.
Patient registration / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2016
A typical day in the emergency room at Unity is a high paced environment with preparing the paperwork needed for each patient whether they were a walk-in patient or brought in by ambulance. I learned a lot about health insurance especially medicare rules. The manager had poor skills dealing with her employees. She formed opinions on hearsay and had favorites. There was little team work among the employees whether they were clerical or nursing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with non-cooperative patients. The best part of the job was when I worked with employees that wanted to work together and help each other.
Pros
I learned about many different types of health issues and how treated.
Cons
Poor team work and poor management
CSA/HUC (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJuly 20, 2016
Very patient oriented. Great teamwork. Opportunities for employees to expand. Amazing bosses. Flexible on scheduling days on and off work.
professional enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 18, 2016
being on the surgical and ortho floor talk me alot about the medical field and how to take care of patients after surgery. They teach you how the therapy techniques that the tharapists use and also how to monitor patients and work with the nurse to keep them stabilized.
Pros
Professional enviroment
Cons
more diversity would be nice
Very good work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYApril 22, 2016
Of course being a Patient Care Technician isn't the easiest job in the world, but it was one that I truly enjoyed. I had never had a position like that before, so I had a lot to learn, but in my 2.5 years there, I learned so much about caring for my patients and how to handle very difficult situations. There were many complaints about the management on our unit from several staff members, but I never had any issues myself. The hardest part of my job was the emotional half of what we do. It is never easy to form relationships with long-term patients and see them lose their health, but going through those sorts of things helped me grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to take very good care of my patients, and putting a smile on their face even after everything they have been through. Having an upset dementia patient stop for a moment, take my hand, and thank me immensely for making his day a little brighter was the best feeling in the world, and I hope to continue putting smiles on my patients faces.
Fantastic Learning Enviorment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 7, 2016
Each day I faced new challenges, met new people, and learned something new. Everyday.
Some days are slow, others are more fast paced. I learned that it really does take team work to accomplish something. The staff is dependable and productive. We strived to make Unity one of the greatest hospitals in Minnesota. The co-workers on board became family to me. I think the hardest part of the job was not having enough help on the NOC shift. And lastly the most enjoyable part was the learning experience! It made me grow mentally, physically and emotionally!
Pros
Breaks through out the entire shift.
Cons
Not having enough staff at times.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 3, 2015
Unity hospital is fun place to work at, very diverse and very friendly environment. Awesome caring employees, management was the best, always room to move up.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Aside from occasional headaches during the work days, it was busy in a good way, and was barely any lag time during the shift.
fun to work at
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Unity Hospital is fun to work at, very diverse and very friendly environment. I have learned so much from everybody there, from RT, RN, PA, MD. its a good place to work for specially if you just came out of school
productive,life changing experience
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2015
Working for this company has given me the opportunity to work with other individuals who are in need of all kinds of help and taught me and showed me that I don't have any regrets for choosing the medical field as my profession
Fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 1, 2015
Great atmosphere and great leadership which makes for a great work environment throughout the hospital, enough said!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3