Unity Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fantastic Learning Enviorment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 7, 2016
Each day I faced new challenges, met new people, and learned something new. Everyday.
Some days are slow, others are more fast paced. I learned that it really does take team work to accomplish something. The staff is dependable and productive. We strived to make Unity one of the greatest hospitals in Minnesota. The co-workers on board became family to me. I think the hardest part of the job was not having enough help on the NOC shift. And lastly the most enjoyable part was the learning experience! It made me grow mentally, physically and emotionally!
Pros
Breaks through out the entire shift.
Cons
Not having enough staff at times.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 3, 2015
Unity hospital is fun place to work at, very diverse and very friendly environment. Awesome caring employees, management was the best, always room to move up.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Aside from occasional headaches during the work days, it was busy in a good way, and was barely any lag time during the shift.
fun to work at
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Unity Hospital is fun to work at, very diverse and very friendly environment. I have learned so much from everybody there, from RT, RN, PA, MD. its a good place to work for specially if you just came out of school
productive,life changing experience
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2015
Working for this company has given me the opportunity to work with other individuals who are in need of all kinds of help and taught me and showed me that I don't have any regrets for choosing the medical field as my profession
Fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 1, 2015
Great atmosphere and great leadership which makes for a great work environment throughout the hospital, enough said!
Fun workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this department of the hospital. It was amazing to see patients come to use and then leave making so much progress. I really loved all my coworkers and I feel like we were like a family.
Cons
Couldn't get time off
Productive busy environment and respectible co-workers
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work and making sure my job was done with accuracy and respect. I learned alot with my job and the duties that came along. My co-workers work as hard as I do. The job wasn't hard nor difficult, just follow directions, rules, and safety. The most enjoyable part of the day is I made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Free parking
Benefits
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  New yorkJanuary 31, 2015
I love interacting with other and I love meeting new people. Its a good thing to have new experiences so it can give you more opportunity in the long run. The hospital is a good place to grow.
Hamlet Hospitality Partner
Hamlet Hospitality Partner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work for me is to clean apartments fo the elderly, interacting with them, whether it's while cleaning their rooms, or serving their meals to them, passing them in the hallways, etc. I had one resident tell me that they're glad that I'm there, that it's nice to have someone to talk to for a few minutes, etc. The hardest part of my job? While I enjoy having a set schedule for what it is that I'm supposed to do, there's always going to be variables throughout the day that can throw off your entire schedule. But, it's one of those things that you have to learn to go with the flow. You learn to take things in stride and accept that not everything can go as planned like you want it too, but it's a part of life.
A Produtive and Very Caring Workplace.
Medical Secretary/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pulmonary DepartmentSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at Unity Hospital is a pleasant greeting from a staff member as soon as you enter the building. Each day my co workers and myself would take a moment to discuss our prior day away from the job while the other party listen. This in my opinion allowed us to relieve one another stress or just get to know my co worker and his or her family, cause Unity always made me feel as though we were family. I learned how to verify and bill Insurance,setup and room patients, book Appointments, check patients in and out, and properly store their data. I love all aspects of my job especially the people in which I worked with each day.
Easy to work there
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2014
I particularly love the computer system, so easy to use for documentation!
As a speech therapy graduate intern, working at Unity Hospital has been an extremely rewarding and satisfying experience
Graduate Internship (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNMarch 31, 2014
As a speech therapy graduate intern, my day starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 4:30 PM. Under supervision of a certified SLP, I conduct inpatient and outpatient evaluation and focused intervention. SLPs work alongside OTs and PTs in the Courage Kenny Rehabilitative wing, so there is continual collaboration.
Pros
getting excellent supervision
Good Place
Radiology Technicians Assistant/ (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2014
Nice people, good management, normal work environment, i worked in radiology and helped out techs and doctors.
fun place to work
Pharmaceutical Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMarch 11, 2014
bought all the drugs for a 200 bed hospital worked close with doctors, nurses and drug reps.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive and fun place to work with dedicated staff
Endoscopy/Surgery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mish, MSMarch 10, 2014
Great organization dedicated to serving our community through inovation and technology. Professional and hardworking staff always willing to help.
Pros
kind and caring staff
Cons
can't think of any.
ortho nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Knee & hip replacements, fast-paced & great patient outcomes
Pros
quality of life for patients is improved
Cons
vacation time off requires negotiating
Fast paced, yet supportive
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2013
Unity Hospital Emergency Department is a fast paced work environment. The doctors and nurses, as well as the medical technicians work hard to ensure the best care for the patients.
fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 16, 2013
meet new people everyday
new merchandise
new discsounts
nice co-workers
Pros
have fun
Cons
slow
worked with staff, doctors that I have known for years.
Scope tech (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 10, 2013
Set up procedure rooms with scopes and supplies that are needed for that case. Test the glucose meter to make sure it passes so we are able to run test as needed. Help out in ACU if needed for a blood draw, make up bed, or vital signs, or get supplies, or blood from the blood bank. Next I would relieve the person in the front admitting area so she could go on a break. While she was gone. I would write patient in to our log book. call and let the nurse know if a patient had arrived if they needed lab work or other test done prior to there procedure, I would take family back to recovery to be with there family. I would also pick up the loby area. and write charges in the log book as the procedures were done. I would also pull up the schedure for the next day and make sure that all the orders for the next day are with that persons hospital chart. Once that person was back from break them I would relieve the next nursing assistant on the ambulatory care side. I would get blood from the lab. draw blood from patients. make beds, and restock rooms, and our tray that had blood drawing supplies. once that person was back from break I would hurry and clean scopes and set up for the next procedures. I did help with procedures as need. or set up equiptment for procedures in other departments such as O.R., I.C.U, and radiology and in there patient rooms is they could not be moved due to isolation, or if patient was unstable and was not in I.C.U. yet. I also assisted with ffs procedures, and fine neelde biopsy with the pathologist. I also cleaned and reporcessed peg trays and minor trays  more... after they were used. I have also assisted many procedures. colonoscopy holding the scope for the doctor, or holding the patient leg. Gastroscopy is was helping with lavaging the patient. holding the arms, hands, bite block, head. or just helping with the banding procedure when it was in its new stages. I also ran specimens down to the lab for processing. I also would pick up records from medical records as needed. I have ran extra supplies down to the nurses while in procedures in I.C.U. I also ordered supplies from Owens and Minor. I also set up our computer menues in its infancy. I changed filters on our machines. I trained in staff in our department as we grew and I also trained in the E.R. staff on how to clean scopes after hours. I also trained in our staff on scope cleaning and also troubling shooting when scopes got plugged with seeds ect. I also would wash patient cloths if they were soild apon arrivel. So by the time they were to leave the hospital they would have clean cloths on. I also transported patients to there car. I also would help transport patients to radiology for a procedure and or ICU or surgery as need. I helped where ever needed in out department. I also helped on the designing team to build our new department where it is currently today. at the end of the day restock rooms make beds while the last of the scopes are in the disinfectant. Send a list to medical records of the patients for the next day so they could pull charts. I also faxed important information for the doctors.

Everything was new to me. what are scopes? how they are used?How do I clean them. How to draw blood? Order supplies? How to Send scopes in for repair?How things work such as forceps, bicap machine, light source, computer monitor set up, change a light bulb in a light source machine. Change water lilters.

My boss that I had when I first started at unity was the best. She gave me confidance to do anything. Our department at that time was the total of two nurses and she was one of the two and me. So when we were busy and they needed help they relied on me to be able to know everything.

The hardest part of my job is seeing my manager step down. The new manager ment new changes. I did adjust.By this time our department had grown by at least twenty or more. There was one staff member who was new and did not like that I was doing stuff that a nurse should be helping with. Back in the I was it.

Growing into the person I am today. All the knowedge that I have learned because somebody gave me a chance.
Pros
a picnic lunch in the summer, work days monday- friday, varity in work, respect from doctors and most staff.
Cons
being called on the phone to do something when your in the bathroom or at lunch.

4.4