When someone is struggling with addiction, be it personally, or they're watching a loved one struggle, finding the right program can be a difficult and overwhelming task. The questions they ask are, "What do they offer?" "What kind of things will we learn?" "Is this really a chance to change?" Admissions Counselors with Unity Recovery Group answer those questions in the most intelligent and compassionate fashion. An Admissions Counselor facilitates admissions into our programs by coordinating assessment and admissions of prospective clients. Under the general supervision of the Admissions Directors, the Admissions Counselors will be expected to use independent judgment but will also be performing their tasks as part of the call center team.
- Serves as an intake and admissions counselor and also a family advocate between the organization and clients prior to client's admission.
- Sincerely and intelligently discuss medical and psychiatric issues, medications, and dual diagnosis struggles with callers as needed; screen clients for appropriateness and eligibility.
- Communicate effectively and assist potential clients to understand the recovery process and encourage them to seek treatment with our facility.
- Grasp that in this position a sales approach must be used with the underlying understanding and conveyance that the service we offer is often life saving.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with current and prospective referral sources to market Unity Recovery Group’s services.
- Directly responsible for assessing applicants for admissions in keeping with Unity Recovery Group’s policies and procedures. This includes interviewing prospective clients and relatives to obtain necessary and pertinent personal and financial data to determine eligibility and appropriateness of treatment and admission.
- Maintain all required reporting functions and assure 100% completion of all paperwork.
- Exceptional Marketing and Customer Service skills and experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to learn
- Ability to work evenings and weekends..
- Minimum of 2 years of sobriety, if applicable.
- Basic understanding of the terms and culture of addiction and recovery.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED, Bachelor's Degree preferable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to make decisions independently and communicate effectively when dealing with clients, families, other staff members, department heads, visitors, external agencies and community members.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate documentation skills to complete reports, utilize data and communicate ideas constructively.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web-based applications and Microsoft Office; demonstrated ability to utilize an electronic management system.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
Benefits/About the Company:
- Immense opportunities of growth within the company. We are a rapidly growing company and when we are gifted with highly motivated and skilled individuals, we award and utilize them.
- Medical and dental insurance provided after 120 days of employment.
Indeed - 18 months ago