Unity Security Employee Reviews

Dont do it!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 26, 2017
If I could take it all back I would. Unity is the crappiest company I've ever worked for. They do not care about their employees. They do not care if they mess up your payroll. I have A LOT of family and friends and I've let them all know about Unity.
And,no I did not get fired. I quit. Because I know what I'm worth. They say 9.00 an hour but you actually start at 8.50. (Before minimum wage went up).
Good luck if you're dumb enough to think about working for them.
Pros
Nothing at all
Hated It
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 17, 2016
They only higher exactly enough people to work as they need. So there is not anyone to cover for you if you need a day off or need to call in. That is when they can get enough people. The company is always under staffed because nobody stays for long. They expect you to carry a weapon if you are an armed guard however they refuse to let you carry any non-lethals to defend yourself such as pepper spray. My pay check was wrong almost every pay check. Management is bipolar and on so many meds that she is worthless and completely unreliable. It got so bad that an entire group of us quite together because were fed up.
Pros
Laid back weekdays
Cons
Horrible Horrible weekends.
Horrible experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 23, 2016
Madison Secuirty Group: Management unorganized and unprofessional, didn't give anything close to hours promised, site supervisors and director of operations unorganized and poor trainers. Co-workers were okay but supervisor can't lead or proper guide employees.
bad managemnet and no order
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 28, 2016
I watched apartment buildings and did patrols around the property. handled any disterbances that were reported, and helped emergency teams if need be. co-workers were ok, didn't see much of them because this was a single guard job.
Unity Security
KCC Secuirty Guard (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Will doing Security for me was always satisfying because I love helping people and making the feel safe and secured. It was a good psychically job with all the walking that needed to be done.
Pros
keeping a daily log
Cons
short breaks
Great Employment Opportunity
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Sparta, MINovember 10, 2015
I have been employed with Unity Security, Inc, now a Division of Madison Security Group for over 14 years. I went from being a weekend security guard to the Director of Operations in a matter of a few years during a time a quick expansion. During my time of employment the company has grown by over 160 employees, two states, and a number of given clients. Guard work is not always glamorous, but we try our best to deliver as much information to perspective employee as possible. Our Division Managers make a great team and are great group of people to work for. We are fair and consistent, follow the rules and procedures, with realistic expectations and you will have a great experience.

As you read these other reviews, keep in Mind that Unity Security has never worked in New York, but there is another Unity Security based out of Connecticut which does.
Pros
Flexible schedules, competitve pay, uniforms provided, direct deposit
Cons
Most hours which security is required means working overnight and weekends. Thats the job
Stay away
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 27, 2015
They do not care about the guards at all, the only things they care about is keeping there contract. They don't care about you or your personal life and have no care if you can't make it in for work and even punish you if you tried to take a day off.
Very professional and flexible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IndianaSeptember 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Great job security and understanding staff. Competitive pay and chances for raises.
Poor management and lack of accountability.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 19, 2015
Working this as a part time job was good but the management did not hold employees accountable for missing work and pushed the work load over to the other employees.
Unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 6, 2015
This company was very unorganized. Understaffed. Scheduling issues each month. Very easy work, but not enough to do. I am someone who like to stay busy. A lot of sitting for this job.
horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 31, 2014
I worked for this company for about 5 months and they were horrible! Couldn't keep employees the hours were never consistent and management was a joke. My supervisor was awesome!
Pros
Cons
everything
Na
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 3, 2014
It's a security job with a company of out Grand Rapids, health benefits.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Boring, unprofessional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2014
The Site "Supervisor" was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! The pay is not worth the work.
It was a Good Job
On-site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 17, 2013
I was contracted to Mac Steel in Monroe. i work as an E.M.T. Security.
Wonderful Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, MIOctober 2, 2013
Most people that get fired from a job will talk down about the job and hope that no one else gets hired in at that job b/c they don't want them to go through what they had to put up with and just to make the job and company look really bad so they cant get other workers for the company. I personally will say that I really truly loved working with Unity Security. I lost my job for stupid reasons by not speaking up and getting along with other workers. If I had the chance to work with them again I would jump to the opportunity in a Heartbeat.
Decent place to pursue a career.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 26, 2013
I enjoyed this field of work a lot even though the hours were hard, I was driving more than I was making for gas, and the nights were long and cold when securing outdoor facilities. I enjoyed working in the secluded areas, and the slow pace and the minimal face to face interaction. My employers and supervisors were very friendly and professional people. It was a decent experience.
Not what i thought it was gonna be.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIMay 19, 2013
Typical day at work includes, Me leaving my house at 2:30 pm getting to work at 2:45 then walking in the factory to the front desk to relieve the other security guard at the post. Then at 3:00 call this number to check in and then start my day. Every 2 hours consist of a patrol around the factory the odd hours i would be watching a monitor of the factory and the outside gates to make sure everything was perfect. Co workers didn't have any it was a individual job. What i learned working there was nothing. Hardest part of my job was keeping myself busy because it was a pretty boring job. Most enjoyable part was it was pretty easy and relaxed environment.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Liked doing my job
Cons
Boring, too easy
Professional company that is growing and has opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 1, 2013
Unity Security is growing by leaps and bounds. Opportunities are plentiful and we have a strict policy for promoting from within. Payroll system has been upgraded and is through Paychex, We have a paperless system, either direct to your bank account or bank card. A process for team members to submit ideas is in place along with a relatively new Human Resources Department.
Pros
Very employee--friendly flexible scheduling
Cons
Hours are often overnight and/or on weekends but daytime hours also exist.
unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 15, 2013
bad training, not enough hours, one of those jobs you only get stuff if you know management
Very unproffesional management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  kalamazoo, MIMarch 15, 2013
Would not recommend working for this company. Management has no idea how to manage employees. Payroll is a joke. They make several mistakes with deductions.
Pros
it's temporary work
Cons
management very unskilled/payroll errors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7