Unity Employee Reviews

Work at Unity
Mail Opening/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 31, 2016
Use to love going to work. My coworkers were my second family. A typical day at work is answering phones and processing a little mail. Was great at multi-tasking.
Pros
Two 10-minute breaks, 30 minute lunch, 4 day work week
Cons
Repetitive
Great Team
Personal Lines Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 22, 2015
My department includes hard working team players. We worked well together to get the job done. I appreciate all their hard work.
A wonderful day at Wareen County Senior Center fun day
Dorm Leader (Current Employee) –  Kittrell,NCJune 12, 2015
It was a Fun day for all the Seniors, I learnt that just because you in your 9o's or even in your 100's that doesn't mean you cant drive, work out and have a little fun too.my co-workers and I al had a different section in what we had to do and we all had fun doing it. The hardest part when I first started was answering the phones and putting it through to the person they wanted to speak to, But I must say now I am GREAT at it. The most enjoyable part is now answering the phones and looking at all the seniors talk to each other and playing uno and etc.
Pros
WorkBase time sheets (hours)
Cons
Short 30 minute brakes
Friendly environment with lots of customer service handling
Customer Service Department - From (Current Employee) –  Unity Village, MONovember 4, 2014
I work as a bilingual customer care representative. I answer phone calls in both languages and reply to Spanish email from customers. I process the regular mail and handle subscriptions of our magazine, books, etc. There are 30-35 people in my department and we all work independently. The hardest part of my job is every other month we receive many phone calls (our magazines delivers once every other month) to order magazines. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
frequent calls every other month
a fun day of learning and school credits
Volunteer work for 10 minute Chair Massages (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 25, 2014
It was an event we signed up for during school to do chair massages in the park. it was fun but difficult as the day was long and hot. but they didnt mind me cutting out for 30 minutes or so to rest and eat, enjoying the events at the park before getting back to give more massages.
Pros
fun, exciting, new and the weather was great
Cons
it was a long hot day that left me worn by the end of it
Caring and compassionate work environment
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 19, 2014
I felt like during my time at Unity House it was clear to me that people were there for the betterment of the clients. We worked hard to provide the best care for our clients. Unity House does great work for the community and especially the clients they serve.
Unity Group LLC
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Union City, MINovember 26, 2013
I loved working here. But didn't like the staff I was working with. Always going against me and trying to get me into trouble for stuff I didn't do.
N\a
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VANovember 14, 2013
Love doing my job. Management and co workers were great. The hardest part of my job was listening to grieving callers.
Productive workplace.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Union City, MIOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of daily shift duties and checking in with the previous shift to make note of any changes that could have been made for meds or any diet changes. I have learned to be patient with every resident and to take a step in their shoes and understand where they are coming from. Our management at Unity Group was excellent, always fair, understanding and fulfilled their duties well. The hardest part of my job, was dealing with extreme behaviors. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships with the residents, you'll find out that they all have something special about each and every one of them. You can find them to be quite the comedians and givers themselves.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible schedule, good management.
Cons
no benefits.
Amazing morally guided and value filled leadership, Wonderful Place to work
Chief Executive Officer and Owner (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 3, 2013
The Unity Group uses local golf courses and golf tournaments to unite families and people in the local community. We are typically planning tournaments, searching for sponsorships for tournaments, recruiting members into our one stop golf discount plan. I am co-owner and CEO with the majority share in the company. The hardest part is getting a "start up business" rolling in this economy. The goal of this company is noble in nature, and is meant to create unity between people that might not otherwise meet
Pros
discounted golf, networking, and the charity work that we accomplish
Cons
no healthcare and brand new organization
A hard-working business.
HOUSEKEEPER/INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  North Mrytle Beach, SCSeptember 21, 2012
This job will allow for the day to go by rapidly and keep you physically active.
great place to be creative
Producer/director (Current Employee) –  Savannah GaAugust 21, 2012
Lovely place to be creative and independent and task and goal skill builder.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
could not meet everyone
everyday is a challenge
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 13, 2012
no day is the same with it's ups and downs, this type of work definitely requires alot of patience working with people of all ages that need our help with their daily bathing cares. I work with a great team of professionals that communicate and work well with each other. The most difficult part of this profession is dealing with death. I have learned not to be afraid of death, but to remember it as the start of another journey in life and the rewards of this profession is seeing a smile, a touch on the hand and knowing you made someones day better.
Spiritual Developement
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2012
I worked as a volunteer at Unity of Jacksonville. Initially I started working with the toddlers. I actually never saw myself working with children until this experience. It was most rewarding because the work help me to find the true passion fulfilling my purpose.
Pros
self development
Youth Leader
Y.O.U. Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.November 22, 2011
The Experience with the youth was fun and rewarding. I was a volunteer but I treated the position and the youth as they were my own. Facility has changed in leadership since early 2002 but the team at unity worked lovingly together.