Unity

Unity Employer Reviews

Caring and compassionate work environment
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYFebruary 19, 2014
I felt like during my time at Unity House it was clear to me that people were there for the betterment of the clients. We worked hard to provide the best care for our clients. Unity House does great work for the community and especially the clients they serve.
Unity Group LLC
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Union City, MINovember 26, 2013
I loved working here. But didn't like the staff I was working with. Always going against me and trying to get me into trouble for stuff I didn't do.
N\A
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hopewell, VANovember 14, 2013
Love doing my job. Management and co workers were great. The hardest part of my job was listening to grieving callers.
Productive workplace.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Union City, MIOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, flexible schedule, good management.
Cons: no benefits.
A typical day at work would consist of daily shift duties and checking in with the previous shift to make note of any changes that could have been made for meds or any diet changes. I have learned to be patient with every resident and to take a step in their shoes and understand where they are coming from. Our management at Unity Group was excellent, – more... always fair, understanding and fulfilled their duties well. The hardest part of my job, was dealing with extreme behaviors. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships with the residents, you'll find out that they all have something special about each and every one of them. You can find them to be quite the comedians and givers themselves. – less
Amazing morally guided and value filled leadership, Wonderful Place to work
Chief Executive Officer and Owner (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: discounted golf, networking, and the charity work that we accomplish
Cons: no healthcare and brand new organization
The Unity Group uses local golf courses and golf tournaments to unite families and people in the local community. We are typically planning tournaments, searching for sponsorships for tournaments, recruiting members into our one stop golf discount plan. I am co-owner and CEO with the majority share in the company. The hardest part is getting a "start – more... up business" rolling in this economy. The goal of this company is noble in nature, and is meant to create unity between people that might not otherwise meet – less
A hard-working business.
HOUSEKEEPER/INSPECTOR (Former Employee), North Mrytle Beach, SCSeptember 21, 2012
This job will allow for the day to go by rapidly and keep you physically active.
great place to be creative
Producer/director (Current Employee), Savannah GaAugust 21, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: could not meet everyone
Lovely place to be creative and independent and task and goal skill builder.
everyday is a challenge
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 13, 2012
no day is the same with it's ups and downs, this type of work definitely requires alot of patience working with people of all ages that need our help with their daily bathing cares. I work with a great team of professionals that communicate and work well with each other. The most difficult part of this profession is dealing with death. I have learned – more... not to be afraid of death, but to remember it as the start of another journey in life and the rewards of this profession is seeing a smile, a touch on the hand and knowing you made someones day better. – less
Spiritual Developement
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2012
Pros: self development
I worked as a volunteer at Unity of Jacksonville. Initially I started working with the toddlers. I actually never saw myself working with children until this experience. It was most rewarding because the work help me to find the true passion fulfilling my purpose.
Youth Leader
Y.O.U. Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, Fl.November 22, 2011
The Experience with the youth was fun and rewarding. I was a volunteer but I treated the position and the youth as they were my own. Facility has changed in leadership since early 2002 but the team at unity worked lovingly together.
Is not too good, no too bad
Front-end developer (Former Employee), Guadalajara, JaliscoJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes, great co-workers
Cons: bad administration, so it means, have to work overtime
The schedule in this company is 9:00a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 3:30p.m. - 6:30p.m.

I learned a lot becausethis project requires to invest some technical characteristics, so, I had the oportunity to grown up.

The co-workers are great, are the best in this company.

The harderst part is that is common be working overtime

The most enjoyable part is that you – more... have the opportunity to learn many things. – less
Great place to work - friendly
Reader/operator (Former Employee), Enfield, ENGMarch 13, 2014
Pros: people and helping others
Cons: short term
I enjoyed meeting the people who needed and used the service - very friendly.
Great team spirit.
Positive and Fun
Canvasser (Current Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not enough hours
My day to day role of being at work is to meet my targets. which means I have to ring people up to offer them a fantastic deal of a free carpet shampoo :)
I love the job as it makes me happy and I love all the staff there as well as we all get on really well working as a team as well as working on our own.
The only reason I am looking for new employment – more... is because I have only got a part time contract of 20 hours and would need 40+. – less
Hard work but fulfilling
Cooperative Group Domain Lead (Former Employee), ManchesterDecember 30, 2013
Several conflicting requirements meant that the work could be quite demanding. A large part of the work involved reaching agreement between several groups of stakeholders with different priorities. Ultimately, the right result for the organisation was reached, with appropriate compromises sought and agreed to,
Popular workplace
Assistant manager/Bar Staff (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGNovember 27, 2013
I worked as assistant manager with my best friend (who gave me the job) and it was very enjoyable working there. I had a fair few jobs to do but I was never overloaded with too much I could be flexible.
Leadership & communication not great.
Workshop Supervisor (Former Employee), DublinSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: senior management failures
After daily business requirements eg, receiving goods/ items for repair, checking staff issues and parts requirements i would then be keeping an eye on everybody's duties that worked for me nad made sure that all issues and procedures were followed up.

I learnt to deal with all issues myself as support from head office was very poor.

Personally my – more... line manager was nice but hard to contact, he did not have a hands on role.

Hardest part of job was dealing with lack off credit from suppliers leading to Insufficient stock flows.

Most enjoyable part was learning & succesful completion of major tasks, eg big orders, making dead lines – less
fun working with kids with sports
Unity (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 17, 2013
i would help run physical activities with children and youth