UnityPoint Clinic Employee Reviews

Love the job
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 22, 2017
I love this job, great job security, and great medical experience. Fun environment and always busy.. I meet with a lot of great people who are very helpful..
Pros
Free lunches, Great hours
Cons
Healthcare, wages
Busy fun workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 9, 2016
This clinic was a busy one that always kept me on my feet. I loved working with patient care. You got to know the regulars that came in and when you remembered them is meant a lot to them.
Great Place to Work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 12, 2015
A typical day at work is a very busy one. From answering phones calls to sending patient letters. When I started at UnityPoint I had never worked in a collections department before and was glad to be given this opportunity. I love each and every one of my coworkers, we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to answer everyone's questions easy or hard. The most enjoyable part of my job would be still having fun even in a stressful situation.
Pros
We have fun days at least once a month
Cons
Short lunches
Understaffed
Device Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 6, 2015
Quite a bit of office/clinic backstabbing, management apathy of employees, caring mostly about the almighty $ instead of patient care. Sad situation. Administration is no better.
Pros
Type of work
Cons
See above
Terrible Work Environment
Billing (Current Employee) –  JohnstonJune 24, 2014
Work environment was awful because of one of the managers. .Pay is a little low for the position. Everyone backstabbed each other in my department. Atmosphere is not friendly. People don't even talk to each other. Hostile environment.
Benefits
Cons
Bad environment

Comment – November 24, 2014

I also worked at the Johnston Billing Office. One of the managers discriminates against people who are on FMLA and treats them very differently even if you are a good worker and nothing is ever done about this manager. She continues to harass her employees. Work environment is very unfriendly. Don't bother to apply.

Overworked with little compensation
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2014
A typical day at the Clinic consist of opening the clinic and checking in patients and making appointments. Some days run smooth but there are more days were chaos occurs especially when we are short on staff, specifically clerical staff.
The clerical department pretty much gets along but there are cliques between clerical and clinical.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with patient's who second language is English and the lack of patient education for others.
The most enjoyable part of my job is doing side projects like displays and bookkeeping.
Pros
Exposed to a lot of different cultures and language
Cons
Management, PTO is used whenever the clinic is closed, Patient Demographic which many lack patient/health education
Excellent Company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 22, 2013
I enjoy working here and the staff that I have come to know throughout other clinics and the hospital overtime.