Univar USA Employee Reviews

Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 8, 2017
Answer phone, radio, squawk box and shipping office window
Enter, maintains retrieves and call for Certificates of Analysis
Handles LDB (picking printing, load tracking, load balancing, etc)
Review pick documents for pic exception, customer requirements
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
N/a
horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 3, 2017
They expect you to work on your vacation and you are pressured to work through lunch because they give you more work than you can do in 8 hours. Forget overtime. I'm still there but actively looking for another job to save my sanity.
benefits
Cons
management, expectations, and abusive environment.
Amazing Place
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 12, 2017
Loved every moment at this company, great family small but proud of all they do. Smart focus on safety and all who are involved. Recommend this as a great job for anyone.
Poor culture
Sr. Sales Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 5, 2017
Great benefits package. Poor culture and work environment. Hard to grow into the role you would like to be in. Management needs coaching to allow for the company to grow. It starts with the leaders and they have lost many great employees due to poor management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
my job
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 30, 2017
thats when i started driving full time and i like getting to know the routes in the big cities of Abilene,Lubbock,San Angelo. backing into the loading docks between two van trailers was also a good experience.
Friendly workplace environment
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
While work environment was friendly, training was inadequate. My hiring manager resigned my second day on the job, so that made things a bit chaotic. Due to how sudden this occurred, not very much training was provided. I suppose when things are not unorganized, the company is not a bad one to work for.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of organization
High Turnover for a reason
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 25, 2017
40+ hours per week
Employees are not valued
A great amount of money is held when you finally receive a commission check.
Stable company to work for
Most leave because there is minimal areas for growth
Pros
Not much
Cons
office morale, negative environment, lack of communication, little pay, little vacation time
The work is environment is not bad but management doesn't know how to solve many problems that occur
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  10889 Bekay St Dallas Tx 75238May 16, 2017
The work is up and down but has been really slow since October of 2016 and makes me have concerns. So I need to work a part time job to make sure my family is taken care of.
Benefits
Cons
Management can't solve many problems that occur
Weak management
Transaction Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 11, 2017
It was a chore working here. New management took over and quickly downsized the department, cutting all of the personnel in charge of indirect tax. Treated employees poorly
Incompetent branch management
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 1, 2017
Poor senior management. Very disengaged with floor level activities. Unwilling to listen to employee ideas and concerns. Senior management does all the talking during staff meetings--if anyone has a comment or concern it is never listened to.
good job security
Sales Support Specialist, Minibulk (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAMarch 23, 2017
Good job security and benefits. Not challenging enough. Enjoyed working on my own without supervision. Handled a large region , enjoyed the people I worked with.
fun enironment and safe
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 21, 2017
Restructuring the entire company from the inside out. Great brand and product line limited to the limits of the warehouse management operating system.
Pros
great brand name
Cons
restructuring
Great Equipment, wonderful customers.
SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 7, 2017
The most important part of my job is spending my day delivering product to great people and places. I enjoy being in an assigned truck that I can wash and clean as often as i like.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Not many possibilities for advancement
Needs Direction
CSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2017
The company is frustrating because there is so much potential. We need a direction and for the direction to stick. Our Sales team needs to be retrained in a completely different manner.
Constant change
PRINCIPAL PLATFORM ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Univar is one of many companies that seems to be in a constant state of change, with a revolving door in executive leadership. Work life balance is great, and the front-line managers are mostly fair and easy to collaborate with.
Always changing
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
This business is always changing and you need to be able to adapt. This company doesn't do their research when they are changing the system. Corporate only cares about corporate and not anyone else. Growth in this company is only available if you are able to relocate to their corporate office.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not able to grow within
Great place.. But doggy doggy world
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Good Benefits

But they don't appreciate people.. they'll cut you when you least expect it .. meanwhile managers that do absolutely nothing continue driving there company cars and going on trips. Strange but sad... the worker bees go first.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Company in flux
Global Compliance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 9, 2017
This company is in such a state of evolution that it is hard to navigate at present. This makes it unappealing to those who are upwardly mobile or trying to forge a career path. Routine RIF's, changes in executive leadership and overall direction are ongoing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Company future direction is not clear
Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 14, 2016
The people here are great and the company treats you right. This has been one of the best places I've ever worked and wish I didn't have to leave. The facility I worked in had nice open break/lunch areas with a small convenience store like selection of food and drinks. They have a different food truck come in every week. They recognize their employees when they do good. I could go on and on.
Pros
Great people, Work life balance, Benefits, Competitive Pate
management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bunola, PANovember 18, 2016
Typical day was always hectic and face paced
Learned many skills for working around chemicals and tankers
Management are very poorly trained and disorganized
Co-workers were great and very helpful on teaching
Hardest part of job would be ,really cant think of any .enjoyed every part of the work.
The most enjoyable part was at the end of the day knowing that me and my coworkers completed our work orders on time and in a safely manner
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
always expected more and more outof an employee