UNIVAR

UNIVAR Employer Reviews

Good team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzJune 10, 2014
Pros: manager does not micromanage
Cons: work extended hours
Assisted Sales Manager and staff in facilitating the auto loan process. Worked directly with customers to ensure proper and timely completion of the loan application. Performed credit checks, printed temporary plates for vehicles sold, processed contract paperwork, filing, data entry, cash handling.
Univar is a good company to work for.
Hazmat Driver / CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: doing the work
Cons: dealing with hazardous materials
Overall Univar was a good company to work for. Work atmoshpere, benefits and pay were above average.
Decent environment, not very understanding staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXFebruary 20, 2014
They weren't very understanding when I had to take personal days. Not very flexible.
Unorganized with zero training
Account Manager (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 18, 2014
This company provided zero training or guidance as far as goals and expectations.
Would not recommend!
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: disorganized, many directors no management direction.
Would not recommend! Most days are bedlam. Co-workers were great. Hardest part was not being able to trust mgmt.
kiss your life goodbye!
driver (Current Employee), providenceJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: long days, poor communication and managment, forced 6 day work weeks during busy season
stable work, good pay but you will have no life but work. if you don't mind never being home this is the job for you. horribly managed and everyone is in a constant hurry pushing you until you break
ok place
Hazardous Material Handler /Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good crop of pepole
Cons: wether
load and unload trucks
making of chemical blend
mangagment ok
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2013
Served as an inside sales representative and interacted with customers on the West Coast. Received and processed incoming orders and worked closely with the Sales Representatives to ensure accurate and timely order processing and delivery.
Univar
Title A/R Specialist (Current Employee), RedmondDecember 2, 2012
Pros: co -workers are so supportive
Cons: management requires so much approval
Start with new orders,then emails and voicemals. Then I start going thru my agelist of accounts.
Outside Sales Representative for the worlds largest chemical distribution company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILNovember 27, 2012
At Univar, I started out as a Sales Trainee and was trained on all the different departments that made up Univar. I spent time in each of the following departments, Operations, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service and finally Sales. I am great full for the opportunity to learn how a chemical distribution company works at the ground level – more... up to the management level. I was than promoted to an Outside Sales Representative and given a territory in Western Chicago stretching to Eastern Iowa. I was responsible to grow my territory through upselling to existing clients and most importantly through prospecting and bring on new clients. – less

PMGB – July 13, 2013

Hi, I just got contacted by a UNIVAR recruiter for the Sales Trainee position at the Bedford Park location for the training program. Then I would relocate back to Texas. This particular position will be promoted to an account manager after the training, is this the same as an outside sales rep? Also, can you tell me how was your interview and what kind of questions they asked? I have no previous experience in technical sales however I am interested in developing a career in this field especially for this kind of company. Do you think this is a limitation? Also, did you find their salary as a Trainee to be fair?

well kept company, very proactive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: teamwork
Cons: temporary
great company, very productive and organize. great communication, kind people, persistant, good facillity,
Awful
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Providence, RIAugust 25, 2012
Cons: everything
Awful, stressful, terrible and poorly run. The worst job I ever had
High-level business environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long commute
Excellent company to work for. Team-oriented environment. Lots of support.
Stable company to work for.
Account Rep-Bilingual (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2012
worked in contact center for the industrial sales department before they relocated to Chicago, IL
An interesting position in an interesting business.
Shared Services Manager (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGApril 15, 2014
Pros: on the job training
Cons: an old building that was not always fit for purpose or for growth.
The business went through a few different owners at the time I was there so made it an ever changing environment.

Managing the AP / AR / Expenses and Credit Control made it interesting and added skills to my portfolio.

I loved the implementation of new processes and travelling around the country to implement and be involved with customers and suppliers.

System – more... implementation was a huge part of my role at the beginning, as was restructuring the team and implementing KPI's and processes.

When it was all completed and running smooth, it was time for me to move on to new challenges. – less
good place to work
stock controller (Current Employee), billericayJuly 16, 2012
Pros: company sports days
always busy and lots of problems to solve.lots of courses and training involved.good management staff.good team members to work with.four years training to be fullyquilified.the most enjoyable part of the job is acheiving all my yearly projects.
BUEN AMBIENTE
MM & LOGISTICS TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Barcelona, CTMay 24, 2014
Pros: seguro medico, ticket restaurant, plan de pensiones, seguro de vida
OPORTUNIDAD DE CRECIMIENTO LABORAL
OPORTUNIDAD DE TRABAJAR EN OTRO PAIS EN DONDE SE ENCUENTRE LA EMPRESA (SI HAY VACANTES)
Chemicalen bedrijf in Rotterdam
Implementation Steward Vendors (Current Employee), RotterdamDecember 7, 2013
Altijd fijn gewerkt, maar nu op zoek naar een andere baan omdat de huidige europese die ik vervul naar Bradford UK verplaatst gaat worden.
Avis Univar
Assistante commerciale bilingue Anglais (Former Employee), Ronchin, B4November 4, 2013
Pros: horaires, localisation, salaire
Ambiance de travail agréable, missions de travail variées et enrichissantes, bon accueil
Une entreprise en pleine évolution
RESPONSABLE PRODUITS (Former Employee), Fontenay-sous-Bois, A8October 23, 2013
J'ai rejoint Univar pour un remplacement au pied levé.
L'entreprise voulait étendre ses positions et s'imposer face à ses concurrents. La pression était forte pour les salariés.

About UNIVAR

Univar USA has an unvarying devotion to distributing chemicals across the US. The company, a regional unit of global chemical – Read more