UNIVAR

UNIVAR Employee Reviews

Independence, flexibility of schedule, good peers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJuly 1, 2015
Traveled five state area for the company. Called on a wide variety of contacts. Learned a great deal of technical expertise while there. Enjoyed most co-workers and my immediate managers were very good to work for. The hardest part of the job was learning all the technical jargon needed. The most enjoyable was winning opportunities and working with my peers when needed.
Working with Univar has been memorable and fascinating.
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 27, 2015
I begin my day by coming into the office and preparing the orders that need to be processed and making sure all phone calls are handle correctly, processing mail, faxing, scanning and emailed.

I was employed for this Temporary position and for the short time that I was there, I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise.

Management was very attentive and helpful when needed. Awesome place to work as well as great time with co-workers their very professional and always making sure your are doing ok and encouraging me to learn more. I hate to leave my job without finishing any issues. Getting to know everyone on a daily basis.
A great place to work now there is new management.G reat benefits great equipment to work long tram its just a great place to work.
Truck Driver Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: everything was great
Cons: everything was great
A great place to work now there is new management.Great benefits great equipment to work long tram its just a great place to work.
Univar
Account Executive (Former Employee), USAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: computer work
Nice people but many experienced people have left the company in recent years.

Lot of new young employees that lack experience.

The account executive position now demands much computer work after hours.

Developing new customers is the most enjoyable part of my position.

Univar is a good company but has taken on more of a producer's attitude in recent years.
Oil and Gas production support...
Material Handler (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: learn something new (oil and gas), occasional free lunches, benefits start soon
Cons: employee cost of healthcare, some recent instances of management not following through w/what they say
Load/unload chemicals for oil/gas production customer, learned about oil and gas production methods, relatively easy "job" as far as actual tasks.

Management doesn't consider ideas from Material Handlers.

Co-workers are great guys, who I work well with and relate to well.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork amongst most of my co-workers and working with them.
Repack operator (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAFebruary 11, 2015
A good place to work,with a family to feel with the staff.I enjoyed the fact that they had a party celebrating the holidays.Once a month we would shut down and have a safety day.Safety was their number one concern
plenty of work to do
Material Handler (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMDecember 13, 2014
This company is a new company. There are only a few people that work there; therefore a lot is asked of the employee, as far as work load, and over time.
Good place to work good benefits
Chemical Buyer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: days are long
environment is relaxed but very busy
coworkers are always helpful
I really enjoy working for Univar.
Tanker/Van Driver (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNOctober 14, 2014
I really enjoy working for Univar. Good environment. Hope to be able to advance within the system.
Restructuring
FP&A (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 15, 2014
The private equity owners are massively restructuring the company prior to the IPO. The company may hire after that - but it is slashing jobs to make the numbers look good pre-transaction.

Since August 2013, there have been 9 people within the Treasury department that have been restructured. 9! That includes people from the London, Seattle, and Chicago offices. They hired one person at this time, but they have made the department so lean. This also happened in HR, Tax, and Accounting. It's a brutal environment, and hopefully business improves and the company becomes independent soon. Either way, I am updating my resume!
not goood
Supply Planner (Current Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 12, 2014
The company is behind ,now sop asking me this . Please do not work here. The company has been trying to catch up.
Dog-eat-dog environment. Wouldn't recommend working here until ownership changes
Director (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: senior management (ceo, coo, cfo, and general counsel) is relatively strong - the layer below is much weaker.
Cons: being owned by pe firms - it's hard to not manage myopically....but try to think of the long-term
I wouldn't recommend for anyone to work here, at least until ownership changes. It's been a Game of Thrones environment for the past year - with lots of layoffs. They're letting go of good directors and managers - to bring down expenses and may have to hire again after the IPO occurs.

All of this has been done to change the optics of our financial statements pre-IPO.
Great Work Life Balance
Current Employee (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 1, 2014
Very good work life balance. Have the ability to work from any location in most positions no need to relocate.
worst department to work in, you've been warned.
Driver/Material handler (Current Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: you'll be forced to learn and do every job there.
Cons: never routine, worst environment possible, very unhealthy dirty operation, start times vary by 5 hours, forced overtime almost daily while the lead learns to read emails 4+ hours a day etc.
Kids your life good buy, the turn over in this department is never ending. You'll be working with the world's worst lead man "who still doesn't get it" and under performing co-workers. The 3rd manager in 3 years needs to disappear as he's as lost as the current lead man. The lack of qualified management is unbearable. I can't understand how this place turns a profit as poor as it's run.
very "clique"ish workplace!!!
csr (Former Employee), Carencro, LaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: casual environment
Cons: clique-ish environment, very picky people.
It's like high school. Gossip behind your back. But to your face "your're doing a great job" everyone seems to like you and get along with one another. I was told by hiring agency that after 40+ applicants and people interviewed, that they, Univar, picked me. I was putting in orders on my on after 2 weeks. I thought everything was fine then I get a call from Kelly Services saying that Univar wants to relieve me of my duties because of too much attitude! I was flabbergasted. Shocked. Confused. However in the short time I was there I heard of at least 4 people leaving on their own within Univar. No new person will ever be good enough at Univar in Carencro, Louisiana.
Good Work / Life Balance and Pay
Senior Treasury Analyst (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 29, 2014
Univar is a great company with nice benefits, pay, and work life balance.
univar experience
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the company and the people i worked closely with i enjoyed very much
Cons: management was unsafe, and not very intelligent in planning or decision making, at one point the warehouse was run like a chicken with its head cut off
when i was hired there i was solicited from another job because of my work ethic determination and constant thirst for knowledge but 3 months after being there my hiring manager got promoted and another manager moved in his place in an attempt to clean house thats quoted from his boss when he informed us that in a meeting it soon got to where they were trying get rid of everyone and everyone was just trying to save there jobs and the more people they fired they just wouldn't hire more just make us work harder this is a chemical company that is supposed to hold safety in the highest standard and they had me alone working 3 jobs 14 hour days 5 days awake and u were expected to do it safe needless to say things just got worse not a decent company to work for
Intense and high volume work areas.
Tank Farm Lead (Current Employee), Kent, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits and good steady work.
Cons: 401k got taken away. very dangerous environment to work in but i love it.
I work an early shift 4:30am to 1pm Monday through Friday.
My 8+hrs of work everyday consist of scheduling inbound and outbound chemical loads in our facility.
I'm also in charge of scheduling tasks, loading offloading trucks, packaging drums and totes and blending for 7 guys in my chemical tank farm. We have a corrosive and solvent side tank farms with over 60 storage tanks that I inventory monthly. I work with BNSF weekly to switch in and out chemical rail cars of our 29 spot rail spur.
My Supervisor and I hold a safety share meeting everyday in the beginning of the shift to talk and share about current or near-misses with our tank farm guys. We have a great safety culture. I learn something new everyday, could be on the computer or just how to approach different scenarios with my employees.
I'd say the hardest part of my job is trying to fulfill every bodies needs daily; salesman, customers, bosses, employees, vendors etc, all in my schedule at once to keep them happy. And everyday I seem to do my job the most safe, productive and efficient way I can to get it done right which is the most enjoyable part of my day.
Good team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzJune 10, 2014
Pros: manager does not micromanage
Cons: work extended hours
Assisted Sales Manager and staff in facilitating the auto loan process. Worked directly with customers to ensure proper and timely completion of the loan application. Performed credit checks, printed temporary plates for vehicles sold, processed contract paperwork, filing, data entry, cash handling.
Univar is a good company to work for.
Hazmat Driver / CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: doing the work
Cons: dealing with hazardous materials
Overall Univar was a good company to work for. Work atmoshpere, benefits and pay were above average.

About UNIVAR

Univar USA has an unvarying devotion to distributing chemicals across the US. The company, a regional unit of global chemical – Read more

UNIVAR Salaries