Univers Workplace Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

GREAT Company!!
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 3, 2015
Good communicating with employees. They work with your needs and are always willing to help out in any special circumstance . They pay for all travel expenses. Management is great, they always listen to your concerns and stand by ones side.
Pros
Get paid to travel
Cons
Seasonal only
Friendly and wonderful staff
Temp Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJNovember 29, 2015
Just going in and having a wonderful group of people who are happy and down too earth.The hardest part of the job was the call volume and short staff on translated.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work. They really care about their employees
On Call Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 11, 2015
Univers listens to the employees and does what they can to help the employee professionaly and personally.

Typical day at work consist of working together with others to create a smooth workflow with each case that comes up.

The company is working towards better communication and training for the employees.

Since this is an on call position the hardest part is leaving and waiting for that call to return and work for this company.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the other employees and the management team.
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 20, 2015
Univers is a very laid back organization in terms of the culture but at same time still very professional and great with training and preparing employees for the assignments based on individual client needs. They are flexible with scheduling and requesting days off unlike some organizations that hold your PTO hostage.
Pros
Great pay, typically one or two free lunches during training, good management
Cons
Temp work, challenging to get a permanent position
Long hours, but great pay
Quarterly Benefit Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJuly 8, 2015
The pay is great, but working 9+ hours each day becomes very draining. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend becoming a licensed life insurance agent before applying.
Pros
High pay tier
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and laid back work environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 24, 2015
Universe is a great company stands by its employees - they treat you with respect and offer excellent pay and great benefits.
Pros
Free lunches and All kinds of discounts
Cons
Doors lock too early, its hard to get back in the building
Nice job where you get to travel
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 18, 2015
travel all over the US to assist people with their benefits packages. Learned how to work with people from all walks of life.
Pros
free hotel, free lunch
Cons
only work during enrollment season
Great culture!!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 9, 2014
Awesome place to work. Recently helped the Talent Acquisition manager staff over 800 seasonal positions from job postings, to interviews and processing new hires.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
temporary work
Fun job, allows people to travel.
benefits counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
It is a nice company to work for, not bad!

I was a benefits counselor where I had to travel. I enrolled people for their insurance and most importantly I was hired for my bilingual skills.
Told there would be work????
benifits (Former Employee) –  hammonton njOctober 13, 2014
not what you know its who you know. many people told they would have work. dont depend on this. you will be homeless.
Contract work for 6-8 wks; little opportunity, no bonuses or commissions,
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Maitland FLSeptember 7, 2014
This firm hires for 6-8 wks maybe 2 times/yr.
If bilingual, pay is acceptable but u need a regular full time job since who can sustain themselves on 6 wks of work?
Culture is hard-pressed and fast paced; they want you to enroll people in other companies health insurance plans, and be the one who tells them things like, "you now have a $10k deductible plan," and then upsell them other high priced policies they'll rarely use.
(this is how Univers MAKES ALL THEIR PROFITS - while you make nothing!) so if u don't mind doing that, for very little acknowledgement or appreciation, then go for it!
every year they expect a little more, for a little less pay.
I would advise you not to waste your time or talent working here. They say they're flexible with scheduling but you receive a poor review if you don't adhere 100% to your schedule, even if sick, at the doctor, or in an accident on way to work!
Pros
incoming calls
Cons
no benefits, 1% chance to go full time, no commissions or bonuses!
Univers Workplace Solutions
Benefit Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 26, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great 5 star training. Managers and coworkers are very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
the pay is great.
Cons
only during 4th quarter.
Flexible work schedule, recognition initiatives, some learning opportunities
Enrollment Specialist - Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJAugust 19, 2014
Worked with teams and individuals, always had a new case implementation with a new client which never made the job boring. work from home program. Hardest part of the job was not having work during non open enrollment periods. Most enjoyable was working and meeting with different people all the time. I learned a great deal about employee benefits and voluntary insurance.
Benefits Counselor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 24, 2014
Fun environment and great pay. Training is extensive and management will work with you.
Learned a lot about Benefits
Team Lead & Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 21, 2014
I truly enjoy working at Univers. Before coming here I had never worked in the insurance industry. However, with their training programs and knowledgable staff I was able to grow beyond my imagination.
The training I underwent at the beginning allowed me to become a part of the perpetual team very quickly. From there my skills in administration allowed me to flourish.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
my position being transferred to the east coast
A growth and fast paced environment
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 3, 2014
I worked at Universe for 6 years and this is largely due to the company policies in place. A respectful environment with growth and learning opportnuities.
Cons
na
Relaxed Atmosphere, Management very productive
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros – Good pay for all positions

Fast-growing company

Positive workforce

Positive work environment and get to help people out who are in need. You get thorough training so you are prepared and they encourage you to ask questions if you don't know.

Cons – Nothing so far that I have experienced

Con -Maybe keep on a consistent update on the counselors fast track.

Pros
the different dress days e.g.; business casual or business dress
amazing company
Benefits Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 30, 2014
I loved working for this company. I staff was great and the money was amazing. The only thing is they don't have a lot of openings for full-time.
Irvine Office is Completely and Totally Mismanaged
Benefit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2014
I was hopeful when I started working at Univers. But every day I worked there got progressively worse. The management is very unprofessional and nasty. I've personally witnessed the top tier making fun of employees with words and hand gestures even in their presence at times. I've watched them run around the call center with silly string and Flying monkey toys laughing and giggling while counselors try to speak with employees of clients.

I read other reviews that said that the culture was supportive and positive and I also got that vibe from the headquarters in Hammonton New Jersey..but Irvine California is a long ways away. Interestingly enough though, Hammonton appears to know about some of the issues. They refer to the vice president of operations in Irvine as "the angel of death" because he has fired so many people and is constantly threatening his underlings.

If you have an offer from Univers or are looking for a job, my advice would be to make this your worst case scenario...because it will be.
Pros
nice office
Cons
nasty management, very unprofessional, hostile work environment
I really, really enjoy my experience and opportunity to work at Univers. I am wish it were permanent!! Also the staff are Great People.
License Health Agent/Enroller (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 20, 2013
I really enjoyed the opportunity to work at Univers, for the short time I were there. The pay was great. The Staff were very helpful, I felt welcomed. The Manager has a great sense of humor, he keeps a smile on your face. I can't wait to return!
Pros
the job paid well.
Cons
the job was only temporary, open enrollment for a particular account.