Univers Workplace Solutions

Univers Workplace Solutions Employer Reviews

Univers Workplace Solutions
Benefit Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Maitland, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: the pay is great.
Cons: only during 4th quarter.
Excellent place to work. Great 5 star training. Managers and coworkers are very nice and easy to work with.
Flexible work schedule, recognition initiatives, some learning opportunities
Enrollment Specialist - Employee Benefits (Former Employee), Hammonton, NJAugust 19, 2014
Worked with teams and individuals, always had a new case implementation with a new client which never made the job boring. work from home program. Hardest part of the job was not having work during non open enrollment periods. Most enjoyable was working and meeting with different people all the time. I learned a great deal about employee benefits and – more... voluntary insurance. – less
Benefits Counselor (Contract) (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJuly 24, 2014
Fun environment and great pay. Training is extensive and management will work with you.
Learned a lot about Benefits
Team Lead & Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: excellent training
Cons: my position being transferred to the east coast
I truly enjoy working at Univers. Before coming here I had never worked in the insurance industry. However, with their training programs and knowledgable staff I was able to grow beyond my imagination.
The training I underwent at the beginning allowed me to become a part of the perpetual team very quickly. From there my skills in administration allowed – more... me to flourish. – less
A growth and fast paced environment
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 3, 2014
Cons: na
I worked at Universe for 6 years and this is largely due to the company policies in place. A respectful environment with growth and learning opportnuities.
Relaxed Atmosphere, Management very productive
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: the different dress days e.g.; business casual or business dress
Pros – Good pay for all positions

Fast-growing company

Positive workforce

Positive work environment and get to help people out who are in need. You get thorough training so you are prepared and they encourage you to ask questions if you don't know.

Cons – Nothing so far that I have experienced

Con -Maybe keep on a consistent update on the counselors – more... fast track.

Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company – less
amazing company
Benefits Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 30, 2014
I loved working for this company. I staff was great and the money was amazing. The only thing is they don't have a lot of openings for full-time.
Irvine Office is Completely and Totally Mismanaged
Benefit Counselor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: nasty management, very unprofessional, hostile work environment
I was hopeful when I started working at Univers. But every day I worked there got progressively worse. The management is very unprofessional and nasty. I've personally witnessed the top tier making fun of employees with words and hand gestures even in their presence at times. I've watched them run around the call center with silly string and Flying – more... monkey toys laughing and giggling while counselors try to speak with employees of clients.

I read other reviews that said that the culture was supportive and positive and I also got that vibe from the headquarters in Hammonton New Jersey..but Irvine California is a long ways away. Interestingly enough though, Hammonton appears to know about some of the issues. They refer to the vice president of operations in Irvine as "the angel of death" because he has fired so many people and is constantly threatening his underlings.

If you have an offer from Univers or are looking for a job, my advice would be to make this your worst case scenario...because it will be. – less
I really, really enjoy my experience and opportunity to work at Univers. I am wish it were permanent!! Also the staff are Great People.
License Health Agent/Enroller (Former Employee), Maitland, FLDecember 20, 2013
Pros: the job paid well.
Cons: the job was only temporary, open enrollment for a particular account.
I really enjoyed the opportunity to work at Univers, for the short time I were there. The pay was great. The Staff were very helpful, I felt welcomed. The Manager has a great sense of humor, he keeps a smile on your face. I can't wait to return!
Great company, not so good department
Benefits Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Maitland, FLOctober 30, 2013
Cons: management does not have enough influence
Univers is a great company that truly cares about their employees. They are one of the only employers who still offer great benefits. I am very happy to be part of this company. However, my department is specifically aligned to one client. With this set up, management in this department has allowed the client to have total rule and reign over us. They – more... do not intervene on our behalf. The client has too much authority and the employees in the department are left fending for themselves. It is not an ideal workplace. – less
Fast Paced in Call Center Environment
Enrollment Manager (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJMay 14, 2013
Ensuring Client Satisfaction while monitoring the daily Counselor duties and enrollment requirements.
Assisting the Counselor Team to achieve satisfactory results.
Completing the execution of Employee population enrollments for various Clients.
Monitoring Counselor enrollments to ensure Quality Assurance and Accuracy.
Consistent training on changes – more... involving Health Care Reform. – less
Open and free work environment
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch, work indepently
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for. I typically work independent. Management works right along with you hand and hand. I do not see my coworkers often, but when we do work together it always goes smoothly.
Very good people to work for, travel all the time, see new places and meet new people
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: the pay is very good and the travel is fun seeing different places
Cons: gone from home for 2 to 3 months at a time.
A typical work day starts with leaving the hotel and going to the job site and setting up the electronics and then talking to all the employees about their benefit packages, answering their questions and signing them up for the benefits they choose. The management team stays out of our way unless we have questions and the people I work with are very – more... professional. The most difficult part of the job is getting the supervisors to take their employees off their jobs and send them to us. The most enjoyable is helping the employees enroll in the benefits that will protect them and their family and building relationships with the plant personal or the business. – less
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: the pay is very good and the travel is fun seeing different places
Cons: gone from home for 2 to 3 months at a time.
Irvine office unprepaired, sloppy, deliquent, Disorganized
Enrollment counsler (Former Employee), Irvine, CaNovember 1, 2012
Pros: $15 hour paid training
Cons: sloppy orgainzation, managers are awful communicators
I was hired to work the for the open enrollment (Oct 21-Nov 21) Was trained for 2 weeks, and worked 3 days before they laid me off. I was paid for training, but they were delinquent in getting out their own promotional materials out the door-- So that meant that the vast majority of people that needed to enroll- would not get their packets until the – more... very end of the first week , so the phones were mostly quiet..

Managers used memos with grammar that was on par with a 4th grader, and syntax made it almost impossible to decipher. On top of that, they were pulling in 2 more trainings while others were already on the floor... It was a gigantic carrousel of trainees. Very unsettling, and sloppy. In the end, i could only enroll only 5 people in three days. That number is what prompted them to start laying off people, and still training others behind us. What a waste of training, and personnel!

Poor management, poor preparation, and over training, and lack of timeliness in getting the crucial mailings out.

When they called me into the conference room to lay me off, they did not even bring up my check. I had to ask them as I was ushered out the door. Am I going to get paid for the last week and a half? I am beginning to wonder-

They were disorganized!!!
Awful waste of my time, I would never recommended this company to others looking for work, or companies who needed employee enrollment solutions.

One more important thing!!
Don't believe them when they say "were are here to educate the workforce about their benefits package..." they want you to sell the voluntary packages- but they are very clever in disguising it. You will be expected to sell these packages, and they will press you if you lag. They are disingenuous at best. You are there to sell, sell sell, even though you may not be licensed. Beware! – less
A great work/life balance friendly company.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJAugust 27, 2012
I have just completed my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and this was my first Staff Accountant position. I have gained a lot of hands-on experience and definitely learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the company was very flexible and encouraged employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Nepotism and favoritism determine who's in and who is out.
Benefit Counselor (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJJuly 19, 2012
Pros: decent work environment
Cons: not a professional organization
I have worked in the Hammonton location for over 5 years because of the present economy. I have observed that it is who is chummy with the enrollment managers or related to management who works most often. They are also the only ones considered for advancement of any kind. There is very little room for movement and every year they reduce your pay or – more... perks. They never reward or compliment their best performers. No appreciation is ever given. If you only need to fill in some time before finding a real job then this might work for you but don't expect it to become a full time position. – less
A great company to work for!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJune 16, 2012
Pros: small company
Cons: small company
I love working for Univers Workplace Solutions! The atmosphere is great, mostly everyone works together as a team towards common goal. The leadership team does their best to put their employees and their families first. There is a good work life balance and your contributions are recognized!
Best Temp Job ever
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), Hammonton, NJFebruary 12, 2012
This was the best temp. job I ever worked. The pay was good, and the schedule was flexible. The people I met there were friendly, and helpful. However, your job consist of being on the phone all day, and its temporary, which meant no benefits. If you need a place to work and decent money, this is it.