Universal American

Universal American Employer Reviews

Very productive great work enviroment
Associate Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXAugust 7, 2014
Start the day with meet. Assign agents appts, conducted interviews, trained new agents, reviewed applications for submittal to company. Did ride alongs with agents on various appts. Maintain daily goal.
Learned to better understand managing, also recruiting process and interviewing potential agent. Learned how to conduct seminars and how to sucessfully – more... deal with senior clients.
Manage up to 60 agents at once. Conducted weekly meeting, held conference calls, did sales reports, met with doctors, nurses and Pharmacist. Schedule daily appts, Recruited, Interviewed, hired and fired agents.
My co-workers were good to work with.
Hardest part of the job was getting agent to understand how to manage their time to become more productive.
the most enjoyable part was my clients and helping my team become the best they could be. – less
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: fun
Great place to work. Unfortunately, due to business decisions the office in pensacola closed.
LVN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2014
I learned that Doctors do not do thing required and the pt is billed for services that were never performed.
Good Benefits
Support Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
I've had the oportunity to learn alot while employed but there some areas of the complany that need some improvements such as management.
Awful
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 29, 2014
Pros: they aren't strict about phone calls, smoke breaks etc free food. anything to keep you here until they no longer need you.
Cons: dead end job, hazardous to your health.
This company sucks...I'm surprised they haven't gotten shut down. Management clique up and cut you down to guard the group they spend excessive personal time together and hardly seem qualified. You could be here today and gone tomorrow because turnover is high. Overtime is excessive and they mistreat you if you decline it. Always understaffed. Despite – more... all the listings for job openings trust me its a front they aren't interested and you'll never be qualified seems like they were always hiring for the same thing and your chances are not better as an employee, there is no advancement they prefer to hire someone else. They use temp staffing for emergencies and treat temps better than permanent employees. They don't support students. I had to quit, I was on my way to death by stress.. – less
Network Operations Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2014
it is a challenge, the management is a clique, they do not promote within the company. the doctors are all about money and not about the patients. Overall i would rate the company at a 4
Universal America is a well organized organization helping medical records review charts with curtain illnesses.
Abstraction & Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: all the overtime that i wanted
Cons: the contract ended too soon
While working at Universal America a typical day is like a walk in the park. I learned how to retrieve,abstract,submit the proper information that was required. Management at Universal America helped all employees move up with the company. It wasn't any hard days working with Universal America. The most enjoyable day working at Universal America is – more... learning more at my role as a employee. – less
Work with healthcare providers to maintain a close working relationship between payor and provider
Provider relation representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: working collaborative to reduce the cost of medical expenses.
Cons: sometimes the ending result is not always to the providers liking
Develop and maintained relationships with hospitals and physicians in Wisconsin.
Working with providers groups and health systems to resolve complex reimbursement issues and acting as a resource to health systems on changes with Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
Help assist providers with the coding and billing guidelines.
Wasn't there very long
Sales Training Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2014
Overall, UAM was a good experience while I was there, but the general direction of the company appears unstructured. I was recruited away from my previous job with an offer of more money, better bonus plan and growth potential. Suddenly, about 6 months later they are laying people off and eliminating departments. My coworkers were talented and great – more... to work with and like many training positions, this one required a lot of travel. I suppose after all is said and done, I am really confused by the whole experience. – less
Employees are great but management has alot to be desired.
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 13, 2014
Cons: management
Universal American makes changes daily with no real direction. Management needs training on how to treat their employees. Constant bullying or discrimination from lower management. The less you work the higher you go in the company. Benefits have been cut recently. Morale is low as there are constant layoffs with more to come.
Seasonal Position
Medical Claims Reviewer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the diverse environment
Cons: not providing medical benefits to the employees
My experience with Universal American has been rewarding with providing me the knowledge and hands-on training of multiple EHR/EMR programs
Productive workplace that was stable and progressive
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
Management was understanding of life issues, and co-workers became like family due to the open environment set by the company. Learned to multi-task several jobs at once even more efficiently. A typical day was full of supervisor duties, and report running.
Solid company with decent benefits
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: family balanced environment decent benefits
Cons: tough to advance and company may be on the decline.
Group worked together to meet the demands of the job. Many workers have been there for many years but changes in healthcare have resulted in layoffs and salary freezes. Not much room for advancement.
Ok people but company needs work
Member Advocate (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDFebruary 6, 2014
The people that I worked for and with were always a pleasure. I also very much enjoyed the job I did, I helped people. However the turn over rate of this company is very high and even if I could go back I would not. This company needs to show more value of their employees and not turn them over so fast.
n/a
Member/ Provider Speciallist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2014
AT&T has a very relaxed atmosphere and speaking to the customers was a wonderful experience.
productive environment with a lot of different things to do
Business Development Cord. / Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2014
I did alot of data entry and answered questions dealing with medicare
productive workplace
SQL Server Developer/BI Developer (Current Employee), Houston,TXJanuary 8, 2014
Scrum meeting everyday in the morning

everybody is involved in the discussion and we are free to represent our idea

I learned a lot from architect and my manager
Not my Favorite Job
Career Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: management
Hard to Follow company direction.
Enjoyed Co-Workers and Immediate Management.
Uncertainty was hardest thing with with to deal.
Most Enjoyable was working with Clients.
Good Company
Senior Facets Tester Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Good Company
Good team
Learned so much

Work culture is good

Good communication
I felt Universal American had much to offer their employees. I was very a very happy and content employee until budget cuts.
Telephonic Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PANovember 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: attendance policy was severe.
Universal American offers great benefits and orients their employees with care. It was such a surpise that 3 months into my employment I was informed my position along with 15 other Telephonic nurses were going to have their positions removed.

1 2 3

About Universal American

Like clockwork, Klöckner-Werke has been making packaging equipment since 1923. Klöckner-Werke, acquired by Salzgitter Group in – Read more