Universal American Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Upper management is horrible. Turnover rate is horrible. Employee morale is horrible. The benefits are horrible. HR is horrible. My experience here is horrible.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Upper management, high turn over rate, benefits
Negative work environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2015
The IT system in the company is terrible, which causes the inefficiency and ineffectiveness. The Medical Insurance and the Dental Insurance are very bad, you still have to pay a lot after you pay the monthly insurance. The management in Finance is not nice to the employees, the new employees will not receive enough training but has to deliver high quality work to the management. In addition, the manager plays favoritism in the group. To the employees she dislikes, she is negative on the employee's improvement and keeps being nit-picky on the employee's performance. To the employees she likes, she covers one's mistakes and downplays the mistakes the employee makes. Her abusing behavior caused the employee picked on lack of sleep and burdened with a lot of stress and depression. Very bad experience...
Cons
Bad medical insurance coverage, inefficiency, a lot of manual work due to the old system
Dont ever work for Universal American
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2015
Management are racist. Always showing favoritism towards a selective employees. There is no room for growth professionally or financially. Gender harassment towards men.
Pros
Cons
No room for growth. Be ready to expect racism and favoritism.
Flexible work environment
Registered Nurse-Telephonic Case Management (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 20, 2015
As a nurse case manager I get to telelphonically help facilitate care for a population in need of care. I have a great manager who allows her team to collaborate and use our creativity to reach this population in need.
Pros
I have a great manager
Cons
Benefits are terrible
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2015
The day starts with checking prior days spreadsheet for errors to ensure all payments have been applied. Next check the BOA lockbox for the day. Print out [payments that requires manual posting. research and create new spreadsheet.
Pros
There's a lot to learn about Medicare
Cons
open enrollment period busy busy
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2015
Overall, it is a good place to work, because, the people are very welcoming and have the ability to help new employees succeed.
dont do it
Disease Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 8, 2015
Awful place to work. The best part was other employees who were all very enjoyable to work with. But management was inconsistent, benefits were poor and there was no chance for advancement.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
poor management, inconsistency, unstable environment
Not So Bad
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2015
The benefits are not the greatest and very expensive. Good pay for your experience, though not always equal. Overall it is an OK place to work.
friendly Environment
Health Risk Assessor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
Worked for Universal American for a little over a year and still currently working here. Love everyone that I work with, especially my supervisors who are so understanding and are always thriving to see the best in me. Love what i do on a daily working day by helping all the LA Care medical members.
Had problem with management.
Long term care manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed talking with clients. I always learned something from them. I enjoyed giving them the care that they needed. Always disliked having to deny care.
Productive and fun working place
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMay 26, 2015
Great working place.
I have learned a lot in there.
Schedule is good..
Great working place.
I have learned a lot in there.
LVN - Case Manager/Pre-Cert Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
This employer is a Medicare supplemental provider. Great for the member's difficult for the employee in relations to re-directing, trying to keep providers to keep requested services In-Network. providers
Pros
stable employment
Cons
distance
Friendly workplace
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
• Ensure accurate validation of medical and prescription drug benefits
• Responsible for the execution of test sheets to ensure accurate representation of member benefits
• Prepare, review, update, and monitor Standard Operating Procedures, with input from SMEs, to ensure proper process documentation, as compliance with CMS regulations
• Received Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
Just not the right fit
Provider Coding Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
No work life balance this is a place for someone who can dedicate at least 60 hours of travel on the road visiting providers.
Productive and fun workplace while being able to learn.
IT Help Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Own desk with all the resources I needed to perform my duties at my disposal. Co-workers were down to earth but about their business and offered assistance whenever needed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Production
Intake Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Processed claims and member information in Captiva, addressed concerns of members and providers and acted as a liaison to other departments including credentialing to get resolutions.
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Field Support Specialist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 2, 2015
The company programs are meant to support the members in their home environment as well as in medical setting. Everyday was a new day of learning and adventure.
Great team to work with!
RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson TXFebruary 23, 2015
Most of what makes this a nice place to work is the people. Co-workers are helpful and are friends outside of the office. I have a great supervisor who understands my unpredictable schedule as a single mom. They make sure we do our work but also provide some good social/team building activities that keep morale up. I"m pretty happy with this job. I'd say that the commute/going in to the office every day is the worst thing about it. It would be nice if working from home was an option, at least part of the time.
Pros
great team of people, generous breaks and pto.
Cons
no work from home option.
Clinical analysist
Medical Assistant (MA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Performed assigned functions of retrieval, abstraction, submission and quality
control of medical record charts and clinical data for Quality Measure reporting for the Medicare Shared Savings Programs for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), as part of the Collaborative Health Systems Operations
Pros
shift pay
Cons
not enough hours. temp job
Enjoyed working there assignment ended.
Customer Service Representative- CSC ll (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Enjoyed working there assignment ended. Was able to quickly learn and shift to other projects and learn various programs for each.
Pros
friendly and supportive atmosphere.
Cons
lunches were alittle short seeing had to go out at times for lunch.