Universal Background Screening Employee Reviews in United States

Great surroundings
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
This place has given the chance to learn beyond what I had applied for. The people here are great and friendly, nothing to hard you can't handle. Enjoy having my own space at my desk.
Pros
Lunch cafe right downstairs in the same building
Cons
Can't think of any
A Dead End Job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 11, 2015
This company burns the life out of you. They sell you a good story in the interview and then it's a "sink or swim" atmosphere. I have more than 15 years of sales experience and even I felt like a fish out of water! They barely train you on the industry and then throw you out in the field with little assistance.
The office is very friendly with strong policy.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
Standards always had to be met otherwise the job was threatened. Often times there were office events and catering. The biggest down fall, there was a great deal of favoritism and friendship. When people who were close to the manager often got away with various mistakes and were not disciplined for their actions. There were two pregnant women in the same office and instead of having a baby shower for both women they only did the party for one; even the the woman they chose to throw the party for was due after the girl who needed it most. The offices were always under constant reconstruction in attempts to make more space and people were constantly being moved cubicles. Often times the office was short staffed and the work load was so heavy that mandatory overtime was required. When on person was gone the work load literally doubled. The managers and supervisors were always busy socializing with each other and were hardly ever available in times of crisis. Often times it called for personal decision making when conflict arose and suffering the consequences afterwards. There was a vast amount of inappropriate work place conversation and often times people showed up to work under the influence.
Pros
Two 15 min paid breaks, one 30 min lunch.
Cons
Management was not helpful and people were always often lacking in their share of work, which was given to others before the end of the day.
Absolute Joke
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZSeptember 17, 2015
Don't get sick! They will let you go. No matter what. No consistency w/ this company what so ever. Policies change everyday.
Pros
Nice Cafe
Cons
poor management including HR
Terrible
Court Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
Their procedures are very poor and executed terribly. They have unrealistic goals set that cannot be met everyday and when they are not met you are told to work harder and more accurately. The company is focused on ethics since you are handling very confidential information yet they are consistently 'bending' the rules in their favor to get things done. Was told that the position would barely make any phone calls, ended up making 10-20 calls a day to very rude courthouses. Constantly in 'Mandatory Overtime' which involved working weekends, then had to earn having weekends off. NO opportunity for advancement at all. They will say they are growing (which is true) but there is only one position to move to and then that is it. No annual pay raises or anything. Don't get sick or have absolutely anything happen within the first 90 days or you will get fired or have to fight HR for your job.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Constant overtime, management has no idea what they are doing, try to reward you by giving you weekends off even though you are supposed to have them off.
Enjoy assisting
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 28, 2013
This employer is high demand. I work with numerous high profile companies solely with their human resources departments to ensure low risk to their hiring criteria. I work closely also with the courts to ensure that we are obtaining the most accurate information and ensure quality assurance is my number one goal. I update my clients on a daily basis on the status of their background checks and assist with numerous daily functions such as data entry. I enjoy my coworkers and my clients and have a friendly relationship with them all.
Nice work setting and cool management
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2012
A typical day at work goes by pretty fast because I work diligently. I think the management there are ok and so are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is during the summer or holidays when you can't get in touch with anyone to verify what needs to be verified, and the most enjoyable part is being in control of what you do and doing the research on different companies & schools.
Cons
pay rate
Daily Grind with no real chance of advancement. Underappreciated...
Occupational health/ Drug Testing/Court Research (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2014
I had the opportunity to work in both court research and occupational health/drug testing. The work itself is fun and interesting, However company morale is extremely low. It is a depressing place to work, it is dead silent. The management picks and chooses what rules apply to whom, and they hire people with no experience and pay them what an educated/experienced person would make. They never followed through with reviews and raises. A lot of family worked for them and they were highly favored and moved up quickly. A lot of dangling carrots to temporarily satisfy employees. If they could get management straightened out and follow their own rules, it would have been an awesome place to hang a hat for a long time!
Pros
hours available to work were awesome! i liked working at 5am and off by 2pm
Cons
medical wasn't the best, insurance became very expensive and is no longer covered 100%
nice to be in it by 2 but no communication skills
verification specialist (Former Employee) –  phoenix,AZAugust 29, 2014
Worked for them for a few months and was let go after the busy summer. Was not told it would be a temp job.
Pros
out by 2
Cons
management

2.7