Universal Companies

Universal Companies Employer Reviews

moral needs to be lifted
Climate Control Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: most of the students are great!!
Cons: everyone is more important than the next person
Not a fun place to work anymore. There needs to be more listening instead of people coming in and drawing conclusions after one day of assessing.
School Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2014
Interacting with parents and youth by providing information about our programming, the requirements for participation, as well as responding to questions and complaints.
Productive and fun place to work.
Classroom Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2013
Enjoye the kids. they taught as well as me teaching them . positive atmosphere to work.
Lacking Professional Skills
Lead Secretary (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: no job security
Universal Companies hires inexperienced executives for their potential; They are very distant and uncaring of their employees, they have no loyalty or respect for hard work and they are completely unorganized. There is no room for advancement or development and no job security. The company operates remotely out of PA with little to no experience on Human Resource procedures or professionalism in the workplace. They violate many common-sensed and practical business ethics. I still have not a calculated outcome of vacation days, personal and sick times. Awful Employer. Thumbs down.
The company does not value its employees.
Staff Training & Development (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2013
This is a good place to start if you are a new administrator. One will gain some experience as an administrator, however turnover is high.
Typical Urban School... in its worst condition
Teacher (Former Employee), West PhiladelphiaJuly 24, 2013
Pros: collaborating team of teachers, urban youth eager to learn and prosper, families are trusting & hopeful
Cons: pathetic management has no clue, misinterprets what constitutes high-quality education, forfeits high-quality teachers to pocket fund$ for themselves.
Great collaborating staff! Staff appears to be compassionate about student learning and development, works as a team for the best interest of the students. Children and Families are hopeful and trusting... God Bless Them. Extended day, some Saturdays, normal school year.

Kenny Gamble was has been noted as MY HERO of Philadelphia and the African American Race. However, the Management and Organizers of the Human Resources Team??

Disappointed to learn that this charter company of schools will not recognize teachers for education and work experience. This company does not consider a Master's Degree + 30 as most teaching and learning institutions in the state of Pennsylvania and beyond. This company insists on negating full-time teaching experience acquired before "official" Teacher's Certification. My Teacher's Certification does NOT make me a High-Quality Teacher... MY EDUCATION, TALENT, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES make ME A HIGH-QUALITY TEACHER. S.O.S. Philadelphia!!!!!! Charter School Greed and Selfishness will doom our children. :(

Surprised to see a dirty and disorganized school. There were roaches in the front office and evidence of unrepaired leaks. Piles and piles of paper work and books everywhere, out dated school projects still on display...soiled dirty carpet and front office chairs.

School Reform should start with pristine cleanliness and clear organization...thee MOST essential ingredients for a successful school. I genuinely wanted to make the most positive impact and become apart of a team that wanted the same. However....

PHILLY CHARTER SCHOOLS ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH PROVIDING HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION........ just concerned with controlling fund$. Their greed is a disservice to our education system... betrayal imposed on our school children. — Politics perhaps?! S.O.S.
School Aide
nta (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2013
Good work enviroment, great atmosphere.
Very involve with the community
Major Improvements Needed.
NTA (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 27, 2012
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: management does not know what they are doing.
They forgot what the mission is about. It's about helping people/students/community not about real estate and acquiring as many schools as the city allows them to have. Focus on the schools that are in their possessions now, they are failing miserably.
A good business starting out
One on One (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2012
Its a new business so it has its trying times but loved the children and people working there
Productive, fun environment, professional
Customer Service (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: great staff, great bonus system
Cons: i was laid off
A typical day, I was on continuous phone calls, assisting clients with products and equipment for use in physician setting and spa setting. I learned a lot about Eco friendly products, the body's lymphatic system, and numerous products to treat different skin conditions as well as arthritis and stress. Management was wonderful, caring and helpful. Co-workers were wonderful as well and I worked well with everyone and assisted with questions they had. The hardest part of the job was when I/we (co-workers) would have to ask a client to a wait for my/our call back with information about a product or an equipment product such as a table or chair for patients, while obtaining more detailed information for them. I like to complete a task then and there! The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had helped a client and provided and completed information for them, assisted with a billing question regarding their account.
Nice place to work. Good work experience
Assistant Principal of Academics (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2012
Pros: fsrc
Cons: job security
Enjoyed working in the administrative position. The experience will prepare you for future job opportunties.
Structured work day
Administrative Assistant to EVP (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2012
Pros: non-profit organization
Cons: family based organization
Maintained appointments and calendars. Performed secretarial duties including responding to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
A real fun place to work.
Employment Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2012
Pros: closeness of staff, and the respect we had.
Cons: the fear of job security
I enjoyed working in this agency, and providing the services to consumers, where they could finally obtain employment. Management was not always stable, but the co-workers were wonderful.