Universal Consulting Services Employee Reviews

Area Project Manager, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 4, 2017
I would stll be working for them if the Government contract had not been cancelled. My manager showed a lot of trust and autonomy. I id not work at the corporate office so I can not speak on the culture there.
Diverse Team
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2017
Able to really grow in this contracted consulting capacity. Diverse Team and background. The organization's headquarters are in a fantastic location and growing footprint of government opportunities.
Universal Consulting Services
Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA HQJuly 27, 2015
This is a great place to work as long as you are not working in the accounting department. The VP of finance does not speak very well. She does not speak or understand English. Everyone knows this but they continue to give her a pass. Their response is just keep her out of our department and we will stay out of hers. She is lazy and does not understand the concept of team player. She throws her department under the bus for any and all mistakes and take credit for anything that they may do that is correct. She has the owner in her back pocket. She may have something on him as he refuses to get rid of her. He feels it is better to replace an entire department vs. firing her. She is the reason her entire department quit twice in three months. She says things at could cause a large legal suit for discrimination if someone found it worth their time to take such action. She is not very professional and the entire company hangs on one position. The payroll person who does an excellent job. If she should quit like everyone else, the company would fold because people would start to become paid incorrectly and a massive exit would occur. I would highly recommend not going to this company until the VP of Finance has been removed. Going to HR is a joke as the HR person is weak and does not have the authority or will to present a strong enough case to owner that VP of Finance must go.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks and owner only cares about his money
Toxic Workplace Environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  fairfax, VAOctober 14, 2014
UCS was definitely generous with the benefits and pay. But there was zero support from management, hr or other employees during the day to day operation.
Good place for entry level personnel
Project Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VAFebruary 27, 2014
Learned a lot and appreciate the experience I gathered while working here.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Unstable Environment, Disruptive Workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Consulting Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8