Universal Electronics Employee Reviews

Everyone was assigned seating, no talking, ask questions of mgmt only.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg,OhioJuly 18, 2017
I was only permitted to work 4-9PM, we were not allowed to talk, not even about our questions, shift availability, nothing. Management was scarce, you must ping a manager if you leave your desk even to go to the restroom. No promise of full time hours or steady employment.
Pros
It was a job when I had been out of work a little while.
Cons
No full time hours.
Good environment to grow skills
ENGINEERING PROCESS WRITER (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Great company to grow knowledge base and gain experience.
Small company in college town, typical pros and cons are found in this situation.
Excellent Company!
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2016
Excellent Company! Flexible and long standing. Would work there again. Great people and work environment. Great Benefits
good people, varying levels of work, easy to get sucked into drama
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 20, 2016
if you're there to work and get paid then there's nothing wrong with working there. lots of people do very unprofessional things and get away with it
Universal Electronics Inc.
Program Manager/Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA and Twinsburg, OHApril 4, 2016
Working for Universal Electronics for 15+ years was genuinely a great experience. I got to be part of the complete process from meeting with customers to delivering them a finished product. Upon relocating to Ohio into a Satellite office my connection with the corporate office in California was lost. During this time we additionally purchased a manufacturing facility in China and acquired a competitor's company who was based in India. During the seven years I was with UEI in Ohio, the time table for work was starting to become almost 24 hours per day depending on the project(s) I was working on. In January 2015, I made the decision to not re-locate back to California and resigned to go back to school to finish my bachelor degree and look into graduate school.
Pros
Travel to Asia to take customers on factory tours, trade shows to get to meet customers face to face.
Cons
Extended days to handle calls and meetings with our California, China and India offices.
Decent Pay, Horrible Management, Terrible Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 20, 2016
During the work day, you have to make calls to assist customers. The work is not difficult, but asking for help from the supervisors is. The health benefits are ridiculously expensive. They offer $12.10/hour with no benefits, or $9.30/hour with benefits, and also take out more money on top of that from your paycheck. Bathrooms are always disgusting, and they have fruit flies everywhere. Management treats you like your in jail, and tries to give you more work (including their work) on top of the work that you are already doing, then wonders why you couldnt get the original work done. Management is not consistent at all. They play favorites, dont care if your sick/dying, if you call off, its a automatic write up in most cases, some cases you get fired depending on the situation (how many previous call offs/lates/ probationary period, or just how they feel that day etc). Management also plays the system. basically they dont have to spend much money when they hire a bunch of part time people, instead of hiring full time people. They keep part time people part time, for a long time! Its sad. People expect to get full time and are still stuck in a part time position for the longest.
Pros
stepping stone
Cons
poor management
Great Advancements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 2, 2016
The work was not hard co workers were easy to get along with will help if they can. The work was repetitive great advancements within the company laid back work place every now and again the company will do pot lucks and provide all the workers with lunch.
Pros
All major holidays we were off with pay for full time employees
Cons
short breaks clocks were always fast
Terrible employed
Ebay seller (Former Employee) –  From homeJanuary 18, 2016
Review for Ebay work:
Worked for them for a weeks trial, which left me unpaid and with them ignoring my emails. The job was advertised as 1-2 hours working on ebay, but as they had no idea how ebay or paypal works, I was working 6-8 hours a day easily. If you cannot perform miracles for them and change policies of other companies, you receive nasty demanding emails. Not worth a minute of the stress and effort.
Pros
Cons
No pay, communication cut, scam.
It's a nice environment, I always manage to meet my quota with the calls that I have to make daily. I really wish that I could move up in the company.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 11, 2015
I have worked there for over three years and I feel like I can't move up in the company because of the lack of positions that this job offers. The attendance policy is not easy to deal with especially if you have proof of doctor's notes and then you still get penalized for it. I just want to work at a company where I'm comfortable with working and not have to worry about getting losing my job every minute.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It was a great place to work.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 22, 2014
A day at work consisted of answering customer phone calls regarding their appointment for Comcast cable, or troubleshooting them through various situations. I learned how to program remotes, re-set cable boxes, how to add channels when they are missing, and experience more on the technical side of cable television.
The management was great. They all was very helpful with any questions that I encountered, and congratulated you when it was appropriate. The general manager there Brian, has to be the most nicest and professional man that I have experienced yet to this day. He always had an open door policy, and when you needed to speak to him for any reason at all, he was always there to lend a hand if he could.
My co-workers was very friendly, sociable, and fun to be around. They were always willing to give a helping hand if you needed assistance with your customer calls.
The most challenging part of my job was to get the most set home front appointments. It was hard to catch people at home, or willing to speak to you at the hours that you called because of all the time differences that we encountered.
Last, but not least the most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere. It was strict with things, but relaxed at the same time. Most times was very busy, and your time was managed well, and focused on the customers needs.
Pros
Fun job, pay was reasonable
Cons
My shift was afternoons/evenings
It was a Customer Service position working with TV cable customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 12, 2014
My position consisted of outbound customer service calls to our customer service base, fulfilling customer requests, setting up appointments for the cable company to respond, handling complaints, and completing transactions.

I learned how to respond and handle daily customer service issues by being patient, focusing on the problem at hand and responding and finding a solution in a professional manner. .

The management and co-workers were professional, friendly, detail oriented and we worked together as a team.

The hardest part of the job was finding and realizing a solution for distressed customers.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know, working and communicating with others on a daily basis.
Pros
For the most part, It was a communication job that I enjoyed
Cons
The hours on the phone were sometimes tedious.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 16, 2013
I enjoyed speaking with so many different people throughout the day.
relaxed atmosphere - no micro management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WINovember 1, 2013
I liked the job, although there were some mundane tasks. They were flexible on hours, which was a plus. But they didn't have a lot of work for me to do.
mangment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  twinsburge,ohSeptember 4, 2013
not a great work environment if you ask for help supervisors almost never respond to your call for help or when they do their very nasty about it
Pros
pay
Cons
no respect for others
Private Label sales
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2013
Built OEM brand and private label branded business
Interaction with OEM customers
Continued growth in retail channel
Productive and very smart peer group
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 2, 2013
Productive and very smart peer group
usually busy days
company is flexible in work life
good future growth
Great place to work, with just a few exceptions
Troubleshoot Technician (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 21, 2013
UEI was a great place to work. Started the day on a cup of coffee, sit down at your computer, make calls through the dialer to client's customers, and be as productive as you can be. Really helped my knowledge towards cable companies and their equipment, including how to fix it, of course. Management was friendly for the most part, co-workers were extremely firendly, both of which made work a lot easier. The most difficult part of the job would be keeping up qith quota, just because not everything was fixable, and we weren't able to sit with each customer for extensive periods of time to find the issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work overtime, which is an excellent means for earning an extra buck when you needed it.
Pros
smoke breaks, im between co-workers, friendly people
Cons
client value was poor, managers didn't know solutions to issues more frequently than they should have, difficult quota to meet
Okay place still growing
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 14, 2013
The company is still growing and trying to provide perks for the employees. Co-workers are nice people. The hardest part of the job is that there are growing pains as the company is trying to catch up with high tech companies on employee perks.
Cons
still growing
hard work for little compensation
Customer care rep (Former Employee) –  TwinsburgAugust 10, 2012
this job helped me become a better sales person and a better customer care rep.
Cons
this was a very hard job to have a life at
good program
RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 15, 2012
Receiving inspection.

Daily receipts.

Identify incoming parts, and verify by item code, item number, and description.

Work with numerous departments to ensure proper, and timely receipt of parts.