Universal Engineering Sciences Employee Reviews

good working experience
field tech (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Cons: extreme weather conditions
good working experience to learn new things, but moving up can be hard. schedule is day by day, so you don't know if you work saturday until friday around 5 pm.
Great environment
Field Testing Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: take home truck.
Cons: pay not equal to work responsibility
Great management and environment to work in while meeting new people and trade.
Good Group
Part-time Geotechnical Engineer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 21, 2014
Small office. Everyone works together. Guidance by the manager helped to develop skill
Testing and Inspecting Construction Materials
Field and soils technician (Former Employee), TampaJune 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no complaints
Main objective was testing and inspecting earthwork operations and concrete construction. Minor plan reading and review was also performed for contractor compliance.
Drilling Assistant
Driller Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: compensation for time and travel
Cons: working out of town and not being able to spend time with my family
Mixing drill mud and additives for increasing viscosity or lubrication down the hole. I also support operation of custom built, high speed portable hydraulic drills used for geotechnical exploration or geotechnical construction. The team digs and levels footings for drills using hand tools and devices. Once completed we clean equipment and maintaining a clean worksite I also transport supplies and equipment. The tools we use vary depending on the job.I have knowledge of tools, equipment and machinery including pickups, vans, forklifts, pipe wrenches, in compliance with state, federal and/or local regulations and company policy

I am also responsible for moving and handling heavy drill rods and other equipment necessary to set up drill sites, trip out rod and perform drilling operations. Dig and level footings for drills using hand tools and devices. Regularly work around moving equipment and components while maintain a safe approach using JSA(Job Safety Analysis)/JHA (Job Hazards Analysis) and job specific safety awareness. Other duties as required within the scope of employment.
Work
Drilling Helper (Former Employee), Brandon FloridaAugust 1, 2013
I got there in the morning and loaded the truck for the day then we would go out to the job site and start the day. My day included breaking rods, taking soil samples out of the spilt spoon, and taking notes on what we found.
A good company to work for
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta/GeorgiaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: company car
Cons: no health insurance, low pay
I was involved in material testing on different job-sites. There was a lot of driving involved, but I was able to manage my time properly.
High pace
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 13, 2013
Pros: the overtime
A typical day at Universal varies. I deal hands on with the field technicians and answer phone calls from clients. I type and bill reports and make sure they get out to the client in timely manner. Some days its vary laid back. My co-workers are repectful and helpful. The hardest part of the job is not enough time in the day to get the work done.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 29, 2013
A great day everyday.
I learned hard work and patience
Management was great
My co-workers were amazing to work with
the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy bricks in the the sun.
The job was very exciting and i enjoyed every moment of it.
No job is safe
Project Geologist & Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 5, 2013
Cons: no job security
Advanced my way up the ladder. Worked for every certification possible to help acquisition of new contracts. Was laid off for a person willing to work for a cheaper salary.
Good to learn
Field Technician (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLAugust 31, 2012
Good place to learn and work at. The days were short, as you had a lot to do.
This is where hard work was born
Driller Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great job security, garunteed hours
Cons: 50+ hours a week leaves no time to take care of personal tasks
when you arrive at the job, you get the supplies needed for the day(mud, plug, cement) and ensure your equipment is in working order before heading out. Once at the site, you need to do a walk around to see if there are any obstructions/hazards to prevent you to getting to your initial setup. If all is safe, then you will assist the driller in getting the rig to the first setup and also bring the necessary supplies. A typical hole to be drilled can last 30-45 min(shallow hole) to up to 3.5 hrs(max deep hole) or more if you run into any deep hazards. the typical day lasts 10 hrs working 5 days a week at the minimum. In the end you will get dirty, you will get tired, and when you get home you will just want to fall asleep.
Good company to work for during good times
Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: travel with little or no notice.
Could be a good company with some changes. It is a little relaxed sometimes.