Universal Forest Products Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
RDC
Shipping/Receiving Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 22, 2015
•Planted and pruned trees and shrubs.

•Mowed, watered and maintained lawns.

•Installed sprinkler systems.

•Operated hand and power tools.

•Work both as a crew member and independently

•Experience handling tools, pesticides, fertilizers in a safe manner
growth opportunity
Shipping & Receiving-Manager -Inventory (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Shipping and receiving manager. responsible for truck and rail cars in and out over 10 million in sales. Enjoyed working with the team of drivers, warehouse men and manufacturing team.
Pros
good pay good hours overtime
Cons
sales team was unfriendly
If you are not a suck up. You will not last!
A/P A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Started out as a good job. But, when I moved up to a better position with the raise of $.25 was a joke. The Management worked together, to get them where they wanted to be. If you work here to pay your bills and do not get involved in the drama or chaos (that they cover really well from corporate)...you are doomed. H.R. did not even take care of my maternity leave. So, I had to get that taken care of myself, from home. Management would tell me how to do things "their way" and not the company's, not knowing I would listen and in the end that Manager would find a way for me to get in trouble. Watch your back with ALL Managers...they do not care about you or your career!
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Horriable
mainteance (Former Employee) –  granger indianaSeptember 6, 2013
The worst job ever poor management , Nothing is organized at the Granger plant . very inexperienced stupervisors
Cons
very
Good first job, good summer job
Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrens, WIAugust 20, 2013
Me employment with Universal Forest Products was only a temporary position enduring through the summer months.

It was my first job ever and it was a great summer job at the time.

Easy general labor.
Pros
higher than minimum wage
Horrible Place to work
assembler (Former Employee) –  parker, paMarch 28, 2013
Work environment dirty, other employees were not pleasent to work with. played bad music. dreaded going to work every day. pay wasnt great, but got bonuses. this is not a place you want to spend your life.
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 15, 2012
Good place to work, great people. I have used my 11 years to learn many international aspects of the purchsing world. I travel frequently and enjoy it, although can not relocate due to my 8yr old son. Eventually the Colorado office is closing. I prefer confidentiality and respect the same.
Thaks for reading.
Operator & Certified Lumber Inspector/Grader
Operator & Certified Lumber Inspector/Grader (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 20, 2012
Responsibilities included: operations, inspection/grading, computer saw set up, daily inventory documentation & management, fork lift driver
Management: Increasingly over time the company became unstable with regard to its management staff selection
Co-workers: only depend upon yourself & a select few
Hardest part of the job: weather/elements
Most enjoyable part of the job: safety committee work, grader's licensure, & longevity of 14 years
Pros
family day, staff meals
Cons
weather/elements