Universal Forest Products Employee Reviews

productive work place
Component builder (Current Employee) –  Emlenton, PANovember 9, 2016
Day starts at 5am build components all day when caught up I help on the line where needed learned how to use the vista-99 saw(pc run).My co-work are a bunch of fun guys to work with the hardest part of the job is getting up at 4am but I got to do what I got to do.
I enjoy working with my hands and building things I'm always tinkering with something at the house.
Pros
safety lunches
Cons
low pay/heathcare
Can you spell LIARs
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I am a man who works hard and takes orders. I expect that when you say you will pay me a specific amount or tell me to do a specific job that you do not go back on it and try to throw someone under the bus. This company is nothing but cheats and liars and management knows that they are selling horrible workmanship products to consumers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too many to type
productive work place fun at times
component builder (Current Employee) –  Emlenton, PANovember 8, 2016
My day starts at 5am I build components all day learned how to use the vista-99 saw management needs a little fine tuning.My co-workers are good people fun to be around the job is real physically demanding it is ruff some days I do enjoy working with my hands.
I'm always tinkering with something at the house.
Pros
safety lunches
Cons
low pay and heathcare
Operating machines that cut wood making frames for houses and beds
Machine opperator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 20, 2016
I liked working there but they were not moving me up any more and I had a hard time working in the sun but I was pretty good at it . I worked machines and enjoyed the people I worked with
Pros
Good benifits and overtime
Cons
Bad mannagment and false promises
Fun workplace with great people
Intern in the Credits Department (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 5, 2016
My co-workers were very helpful and fun to be around. Everyone was a team player. Higher management was very friendly and willing to give a helping hand when needed. As long as work was getting done everyone was happy.
No work/life balance - fair compensation
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 19, 2016
UFP is great for someone looking to build a resume if in a supervisor or higher level position. Advancement opportunities are available but mostly contingent on relationships with management.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
work/life balance
okay place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAAugust 16, 2016
it was an okay place to work it has its moments of craziness and unorderly , mangement is okay a little helpful, hardest part of the job waiting for material, co workers are good to work with, i learned a couple new things how to use a nail gun properly and how to notch pallets,
Pros
good co workers
Cons
supervisors arent to helpful
Sales Driven Company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 28, 2016
Good Company to Work for.. Excellent Benefits package and you run your own department as a small business. If you would like to have a great career at UFP, the best method to get your foot in the door is to start in the Production Management Trainee Program it will provide you with all the essential tools to be successful within the company..
Productive Hard Working Team
Mill Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 18, 2016
My overall favorite part of working in this company was building my team and having the pleasure of working with hard working operators, In experience I would say this company has poor management.
Pros
Man Power
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and employees were like family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 24, 2016
Must be able to multi-task at all times. Able to advance quickly to take on more departments, and employees worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was when you have several different employees at your office door for several different reasons. This was the best company I have ever worked for. Unfortunately, when the economy starting crashing at the end of 2007 so did our jobs. If I had a chance to return to this company should they open back up, I would be the first one at the door.
Pros
Excellent job, considering that Lodi is a very small town.
Cons
A lot of interruptions through out the day, must main stability at all times.
always hiring, lots of overtime if wanted
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNOctober 4, 2016
decent company to work for. Fair management. Lots of different things to learn. Convenient location. Good team environment.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
low starting wage
Its a great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 17, 2017
UFP is a greta place to work. They actually care about their employees, and treat them with respect on a personal level. Employees at UFP are not just a number.
Fantastic company with top notch middle to upper management
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMay 13, 2016
Job security, plenty of room for advancement, good pay, employee and customer loyalty and they are at the top of their business. Long hours come and go as business demands. If you are union pro and enjoy a company that panders to mediocrity in the work force then keep moving, because this is not a company for you.
Pros
Good people and a great business model
Cons
Long hours during the busy season
it okay
supervisor/ laborer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 14, 2016
i like it that they actually help you get your hours. if your slow in one department, you can go to another department to get more hours so you dont lose money to feed your family.
Pros
mandatory lunch breaks and 15min breaks
Cons
short breaks
Used to be fun and productive
Builder (Former Employee) –  Belchertown, MAJuly 26, 2016
This is a Very oppressive, unappreciative and ignorant atmosphere The company overall has a great structure, culture and history. This plant will treat you like a damp rag, continually wringing you out
Good work environment
Cabinet Assembler (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GAMay 24, 2016
Every day smooth sailing. Monday through Friday. Early shift, weekends off. Approachable management. Pleasant coworkers. Monotonous though. Enjoyed simplicity and safety of workplace.
Pros
Safe, clean
Cons
low wages, monotonous work
Productive and Nurturing Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXMay 22, 2016
Provide internship opportunities for aspiring college students.
Willing to work with student's schedules.
Friendly and supportive environment; everyone worked together to meet the required sales
Working at Burger King
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, MDMarch 15, 2016
Preparing food for the customers, closing the restaurant after each night. The hardest part of working at Burger King was the times down. I enjoyed working with my co workers and communicating with the customers. Lastly I learned when I was at Burger King is team work is very important
Pros
Commuicating with people
Cons
Productive/ No room for growth.
Customs Compliance Agent (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 27, 2016
Racist company to work for, management does not try to help the racist comments or culture that is part of this work enviroment. Not subtle or hidden racism. Buyers /purchasing mid-level corporate employees can be heard saying derogatory comments on other races..
Cons
Racist
not good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 23, 2016
great place to work for 21yrs but made to much money and had to let me go.Do to adverse business condition thats BS.Im a good worker and deserve better than that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.