Universal Forest Products Employee Reviews

Friendly people to work for
Bander Operator (Former Employee) –  White Pigeon, MI. 49072October 17, 2017
It wss easy too band trusses and i enjoyed working with the people. Pay kinda suck! Supervisor was ok also. Some stuff was hard. If i needed help there was help.
Pros
Made time go fast
Cons
Short breaks
ufp
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gordon, PAOctober 5, 2017
not a bad place to work, the pay is not that great which is why turnover is so high here. Fast paced so your day goes fast. Safety is top priority and management works with you.
I really enjoyed this job
Stacker/Builder (Former Employee) –  Gordon, PAOctober 3, 2017
I worked for this company for a little over a year. I really liked working here. Fast paced but not back breaking But, do to lack of work ,I was laid off. Would work for them again.
Challenging yet rewarding place to work
Production Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 24, 2017
I would recommend my position to any recent grad looking to start a career in production management. In this role, I am able to learn and enhance many skills while being challenged to perform at optimal rates. The workplace culture is to always improve yourself and everything around you, and I believe this is a decent general philosophy. The most difficult part of the job is seeing all of the ways you can improve the workplace around you and influencing others to change in a positive manner to accomplish goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the opportunity to make a change for the better.
Pros
Independence to create a strong team in your department.
Cons
The busy season can be a bit of a challenge, so hold on tight.
this place was ok i guess
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 6, 2017
hard work and you had to battle the elements. the winter was the worst. but the job will get you into shape and a great tan during the summer. and i need 150 charcters.
Typical Position Summary
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 19, 2017
The company has a really good culture for the type of business it is. I managed 98 males on a daily basis through timesheets, HR issues, hiring and firing, and ordering of supplies. The hardest part of the job was keeping invoicing up to date because this was part of the Office Manager's role as well. The most enjoyable was assisting with HR tasks, hiring, and being the 'go to ' person for the plant.
Pros
Schedule and location
Cons
micro management to the minute on time
awesome
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stockertown, PAAugust 12, 2017
Fun place to work at, and there was plenty of opportunity to advance. Most of the time you will be laid off during the winter because of slow season. Almost always chances of overtime.
Massively Growing Company
Assistant to Lumber Brokerage Team (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORAugust 10, 2017
I worked for this company 30 years ago when it was relatively small. It is now a huge company although the local office in Woodburn remains small. The culture is casual to this day, which I enjoyed.
The hardest part of my position was the monotony of data entry.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, short commute
Cons
I was performing data entry
Great opportunities to advance! Wonderful benefits!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJuly 22, 2017
There is not a better place to work. Tons of opportunities to advance. Management is wonderful. Everyone is more than willing to teach you. The communication is there, everyone talks and helps each other.
Benefits
Cons
Long drive
Black Hole of a job
Concrete Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 13, 2017
Do not work here unless you love being stuck in a rut for the next 20 to see any kind of payoff for giving them your body until you are a broken down angry person who cannot work anywhere else.
Benefits
Cons
Everything other than the benefits
Great place to work with room for advancment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Gordon, PAJune 6, 2017
A typical day working here was enjoyable and fast paced. I would have stayed longer had I not needed to find something with more pay and closer to home with less traveling.
benefits
Cons
breaks and travel
no good
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 29, 2017
this place has since closed its facility in lodi and did have a very high turnover rate , the only plus was the bonus system in place u could make double paychecks very easy.
Fun workplace with good pay
Truss Assembler (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 24, 2017
The typical day working here is strenuous but also fun. The people that you work with are the people that you see everyday all day. It is a decent place to work.
Pros
Multiple breaks, good pay, benefits
Cons
Strenouos working hours, working conditions in warehouse, weather
Non stable work environment
Industrial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parker, PAMay 22, 2017
Revolving door of workers

Unsafe business practices

Unsafe workplace

No ability to advance within company

Nepotism is very strong within company. If you are not directly related to the plant manager or production manager your position is always in jeopardy of disappearing for their children.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Locust, NCMay 15, 2017
Great place to work, however its a dangerous drive from my location. Great benefits. There is nothing hard about the job, unless one makes the job hard.
Pros
Production
Cons
Layouts
Great place to gain managerial experience
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, NCMay 10, 2017
It is a very high pace environment which stresses extreme dedication and low work life balance.

The company is managed very well at an upper level and promotes growth and diversity.
Only a good place if you are a white male.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 5, 2017
Very Racist and sexist. Be prepared to not be included if you are a minority or women. Women are kept only as coordinator/admin work. No advancement for minorities or women.
fun work environment
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2017
smooth shifts, good managment. the company keeps us busy. they renew our certifications on time, fair on all breaks and time frames to start work. my typical day at work is loading and unloading trucks and trains, pull select orders, and help organize for night shift
platsic
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  White Pigeon, MIMay 1, 2017
day hours where good could spend the rest of your doing what ever. people there where great but the management was way off. over all company all right.
Great co workers
PALLET BUILDER/ WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 26, 2017
Easy going co workers, well trained supervisors, here is where i learned to use a nail gun and used it daily. The training was well taught and help achieve production goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9