Universal Health Care

Universal Health Care Employee Reviews

Doing my job as a CNA.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ramsuer, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: vacation time off
Cons: unfair at times
Daily care of Elderly individuals that are in rest home. Bathing, Dressing, and ensuring they are safe in their environment. Hardest part is when they pass away, getting attached.
same as other
Activity Assistant (Former Employee), King, NCApril 8, 2015
this review matches the other for this employment. great people to work for and great residents as well. loved working there just didnt love the hours that i was working being gone from 11 in the morning to 8 at night doesnt leave much time for family if you have small children
Universal Health care
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FlApril 8, 2015
Was great I loved working there and management was great also.
They were very punctual about time and it was a great atmosphere to work in
Horrendous Management
Grievance Unit Representative (Former Employee), Signal HillMarch 6, 2015
Pros: kind staff
Cons: horrendous and dishones managers
I worked for this company, several years ago. The staff were wonderful. There was a cohesiveness amongst employees that is not often experienced with other companies. Unfortunately, at the time, the owners who consisted of the father and his two sons ran an unscrupulous and highly corrupt business. The owners had a business development team who would travel through Los Angeles county, often targeting Medi-Cal recipients who usually only spoke Spanish. They would tell these people, actually marks, that they could provide them with additional state benefits not available through Medi-Cal. The people would sign the documents they were handed and when they visited their PCP's, they would discover that they were now covered by Universal Care. This created a horrendous problem for the Member Services staff who would be pummeled by continuous complaints and spend hours each day having to submit requests to restore Medi-Cal benefits to the victimized members. The owners and his two sons were well aware of the practices but did absolutely nothing to stop the unethical practice because it brought the company quick money. Evidently, they thought nothing about the HMO's reputation or the duress their employees were subjected to. I once brought the matter up to a Member Services Supervisor who told me to mind my own business and not worry about the company's practices. There was also the Vice President of Marketing and Sales who was so abusive to his staff and managed as a result of his close friendship with one of the owner's sons, to take over Member Services which was a horrendous move on the part of the company. Under his dictatorship, the company became more estranged from its Members and staff and within a year, many employees in the Member Services and Grievance Units resigned. This was a horrendous company before its owners and their posey ruined it.
nice job
Laundry Aide Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh NCFebruary 9, 2015
a typical work day consisted of picking up laundry and washing it. average hours for a work day with nice management. work builds up fast and u have to be very efficient to get everything out in a timely manner.
Productive and fun
Certify Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Bolivia NCFebruary 8, 2015
I Learned a lot in how it works and got along with everyone. Some people didn't like strange people but I love it anyway. Very energetic.
Fun workplace
Secretary (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fun and busy workplace
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work was answering phone calls and taking messages, enrolling students in classes and cash handling. I learned how to use many Microsoft programs. The management was very kind and understanding and i had no co workers. The hardest part of my job was to do a lot of things at once but the most enjoyable part was that i stayed busy.
Medicare scam
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: was the location
Cons: everything
That's why the Feds shut them down. They are not in business anymore and I feel bad for all the people I sold their product to.
Very Busy job
Coordinator of Enrollment and Member Service's (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: there were not really any
I love my job there an I wish they had not closed down I think I would retire from that company
I wasn't happy with this company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and residents
Cons: unable to repair things due to corporate not paying bills.
My day at work was very busy. My Administator was awesome. My co-workers were very good to work with. The hardest part of my job was not having the money to repair anything when needed. The most enjoyably part of my job were my residents.
good to bad
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), st petersburgAugust 20, 2014
this is the company that went under due to fraud. not much else to say on that subject.
wonderful caring staff
Medication Aide (Former Employee), Arden, NCJuly 18, 2014
Many great people who truly care for their clients. A wonderful place to work.
Great Location of work.
Special Investigator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: management
I reviewed medial records for Fraud Waste and Abuse issues.
Great Opportunity to advance in the Medical Field
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJuly 9, 2014
Outstanding company to work for; growing medical practice and always learning new skills.
Great management team and enjoyed my career.
They're gone now
Applications Developer (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FloridaMay 20, 2014
It was a great place to work, but not so well managed, as they were shut down.
Great people, great company
Pharmacy Technician Team Lead (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2014
Great company with plenty of growth opportunity. The people are intelligent and capable. Unfortunately, company closed
nice place
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2014
Very caring environment for the patients. I learned a lot, from staff, and patients.
all the help were great
Doctor of Chiropractic/Clinic Director (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: to few patients.
all types of patients.worked with p.i. agents.had wonder girls as staff.
Exciting life at Universal Health Care
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2013
Pros: early work hours, gym in the building, non-messy co-workers
Cons: unorganized as far as upper management is concerned, buisness closed down
My day typically started with a cup of coffee. I got there approximately fifteen minutes early everyday and I prepared myself for the day. I assisted our members issues and also received compliments as well. The hardest part of my job was informing our members that our company was closing ad they had to find a new insurance company. The most enjoyable part of my job was just making a difference in the lives of our customers; whether it was getting their medication for them or just being an ear to listen to their issues.
Certified Nurse Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oxford, NCDecember 3, 2013
Responsible for getting residents ready for lunch at 5:30p.m and after lunch, its bath and bedtime

1 2 3 4