Universal Health Care Employee Reviews

okay
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  King, NCAugust 8, 2017
okay to work at, hours were good, manager was good to work for, if it snowed I volunteered to spend the night, no extra pay for that, just didn't have to drive back to work the next day
Company was shut down
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Universal Health Care but I was unaware of things occurring with the CEO of the company which got us raided and shut down.
OUT of Business
Medicare Advantage Telesales (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 23, 2017
This company was closed down by the state of Florida and the owner is nowhere to be found. I will not say any more about this company either, as they are no longer in business
Enjoyable workplace
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work includes managing the office making sure everything is running efficient and making sure the staff is completing daily work duties with no issue so its a smooth work day, I have been with the same company for almost 7 years while here i have been in every position and trained myself on a lot of things i believe I have mastered each position which caused me to be promoted to facility manager, Our work place deals with auto related accidents and some wellness we have pain management, chiropractic care & physical therapy so I help maintain the office structure to run as smooth as possible considering we are a multi specialist office, One of the hardest things about my job if I had to pick one would be everyone counting on me for everything no matter if I have crossed trained the staff I still work as a receptionist even though I am a office manager so a lot comes to me since I hold both of those titles, the most enjoyable thing about working here is I get to meet so many different unique people and clients and I have had the opportunity to grow and I learned so many things I can take with me to better myself and bring to a new company.
Pros
flexable hours
i really liked working at this place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 7, 2017
i really enjoyed working at this facility. the people i worked with were nice

my supervisor was an awesome employer

the job was fairly easy with a lot of walking
Pros
$3 meals out of the dietary
Cons
no over time
Company closed
Director, Long-Term Care (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2017
Universal Health Care was run by a very prideful CEO! He was not a compassionate person for the individuals we served. As such, the FBI investigated the company and shut it down.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Bad leadership
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2017
Work day was moving in a steady pace taking care of the client needs I learn how to take blood pressure from the arm management was nice everybody work as a team the hardest part is getting attached to your client and the become ill. that the family and client are happy with your services.
Pros
good working eviroment
Cons
Company is no longer in existence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 22, 2017
This company was fun to work for. It offered bonuses for excellence in customer service. It is no longer in existence. Filed for bankruptcy after investigations and criminal fraud charges.
Pros
Free snacks and constant feedback
Cons
Uptight atmosphere
fun
Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2017
Fun i had t a great time everyone was very team together and helpful. the whole team was ready to jump in and help when needed.
productive
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 28, 2016
Its a blessing working with this company i love my coworkers and management. i love my clients that i assistant. i love the talks and time spented with myclients.
Pros
pick your on shedule
Cons
nothing really
Closed Doors
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2016
I worked at Universal Health Care for many years and they allowed me my first opportunity in Health Care. Although, the company was shut down, they took care of their employees.
Senior Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2016
I learned more about the healthcare field, claims, management was great also my coworkers the hardest part of the job was the drive from Tampa to St Pete.and the day the company shut down.
Staff work together as a tight knit family.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCSeptember 8, 2016
There are opportunities to learn. The charge nurses have a lot of responsibility coordinating care for multiple residents and managing staff. the charge nurses work directly with physicians and specialty clinics.
The Rockford Center is Horrible!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 20, 2016
The Rockford Center is a horrible place to work if you are a nurse. The patient to staff ratio is very unrealistic and ridiculous. They overwork you and you are constantly understaffed and put your nursing license on the line daily. You will work your entire shift and get lunch on a few days if you are lucky. Other than that you will work the entire time you are there and rarely leave on time. Management is poor and when you voice your concerns or ask for help to the nursing supervisor nothing is done and they turn a blind eye. Management is very disorganized to say the least and the entire place is chaotic. There are a few good people that work here but there are several staff that are rude and lazy!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else but benefits
Customer services
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I was there for short amount of time, I cant say much about the job. Besides i loved the environment sadly i was there because my sister had to leave the country and i was filling in for her. The people there was amazing very sweet.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short timing
fun workplace
health care support staff (Former Employee) –  jackson, msOctober 14, 2015
This was a very nice company to work for. Unfortunately the company closed with no warning, and that was the only thing that was bad about the company.
Home Health
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marietta GaSeptember 29, 2015
Home health was very interesting, I also learned a lot there as well. Getting to know and meet different people from every where. And different things to do every day.
Interesting place to work, entailing learning the insurance industry
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 14, 2015
The CSR work area was busy and ever-changing due to the continuing evolution of the insurance industry. However, was information was disseminated the work would flow as best it could within the confines of the customer service department. However, some tasks involved results from other departments, which would in turn hinder the progress of customer service.
Pros
Great incentive program
Cons
Dissemination of information
Doing my job as a CNA.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsuer, NCApril 20, 2015
Daily care of Elderly individuals that are in rest home. Bathing, Dressing, and ensuring they are safe in their environment. Hardest part is when they pass away, getting attached.
Pros
vacation time off
Cons
unfair at times
same as other
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  King, NCApril 8, 2015
this review matches the other for this employment. great people to work for and great residents as well. loved working there just didnt love the hours that i was working being gone from 11 in the morning to 8 at night doesnt leave much time for family if you have small children