Universal Health Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Challenging and fun place to work
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 2, 2016
typical day at work would start by doing the pre-trip on the bus and then going to pick up the special education children in Chesterfield to transport them to their schools safely.
I learned how to work with different types of children with different disabilities.
Management was good, very helpful and prompt when called on the radio.
I really was more in contact with the children but when I did run into other bus drivers the encounters were very pleasant.
The hardest part of my job was the weather conditions especially when it snowed. I had to be extra careful to make sure everyone was safe.
The most enjoyable part of job was working with the special education children. It was very challenging yet rewarding.
Terrible. Good pay but management listen to co-workers complaints of a hatd devoted worker and write up without hearing your story
lvn nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2015
Run....run RUN! !!!
If you value your reputation and love working with these types of clientele
But value you licence. ....RUN!!!!

OLD FASHION MEDICAL SYSTEM. .. never have meds for your patients....no computer. Old old systems

Low staff...poor uneducated staff....unprofessional. ..
Patients are unhappy. Nasty food for patients. ..repeat same menu weekly....very expensive stay ..staff with poor care....they get rid of good caring devoted educated staff with backstabbing comments from lazy unprofessional staff
Pros
Throw new nurses out on the floor with 3 shift training only...need at least 2 mths
Cons
See above
Struggle to provide quality care
worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 25, 2015
Care is merely given by what administration allows. Cleanliness is lacking. Housekeeping is bareboned and obsolete. Staff has been ran over by one set of administration to the next but expects to keep perfect mindset while being degraded for small mistakes. Horrible environment. Horrible name in community.
Pros
PTOs
Cons
no paid holidays unless worked, fast changing policies and admin
Employees are not valued. Even management is not valued. Managers have very little authority. Profit is the main concern. Abusive CEO and CFO.
counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2015
This is a horrible company. Stay away! Upper management doesn't know how to work and will trample all over everyone in order to get their budgets met. Most co-workers are trying really hard despite overwhelming odds. Not a safe place for your family members!
Pros
Front line workers really care about the patients
Cons
All upper management
Large company and various opportunities for learning.
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
Challenging place to work. Great employees.Very large company with many demands and expectations.Production almost impossible to achieve and little to no training. Best part of the job is when you have spent many hours on a claim and to finally see it paid.
Pros
Independent working conditions
Cons
Very large production expectations
good work place with supportive management.
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2015
good work place with supportive management. enjoyable part of job is working alongside my terms and leaning from them.
Na
Adult Program Director & Therapist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 12, 2015
I am looking for an opportunity to create a more effective work/life balance. Universal Health Services has put me in a situation that throws out the work/life balance.
Corporate Politics ... each client is profit nothing more. Team work is what I was fired for.
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTNovember 9, 2015
I was used up and spit back out into my life in just under 90 days. I went from working 50 plus hours a week trying to prove myself for a job in a field i am beyond passionate about to unemployed single mother. And with no reference to get another in this field my chances are slim. We are told that we must work as a team and look out for eachother. Yet I have never worked in a place where I couldn't trust ANYONE I worked for and I've worked in sales. The "offical" documented reason I was terminated was helping a coworker for 5 mins so she could take a quick bbreak apparently this is against policy yet This has been done once by myself and multiple times by other RAs before not to mention she has been there at the company longer than I have so it was my assumption that this was ok to do. I finished my checks on my clients and went to help my coworker. No incidents occurred with her clients in her department and I went back to where my clients were in group. Less than an hour later my cell phone rings while I am talking to a suicidal client.. The call was from my boss on a Saturday that's never good. I unfortunately stop my conversation with the client inorder to answer this call i am then reprimanded for helping my coworker with a break. Someone had called him to inform him. On a Saturday someone called my boss to tattle. This was becoming somewhat of a normalcy that was extremely annoying and discouraging. I immediately apologized and took responsibility for my part in assuming this was acceptable behavior. I did not know it was against policies and procedures. I certainly  more... didn't know i would be fired a week later for it. That client who was suicidal heard the whole conversation and luckily didn't feel put off by me answering it because I had calmed him down by that point. Now I was left feeling anything but calm.
I Never said no when asked to do a shift. Any shift 1st 2nd 3rd I helped I was there. Even doubles. I NEVER said no when asked to do a drive to pick up or drop off clients even if it was 6 hour drive one way. I took the company vans to my home to detail and vacuum them. I even went as far as to pay fir an oil change myself so the van was safe. Yet I was disposed of..
Pros
The Clients are our nations heros trying to connect without the use of drugs, Its a beautiful process to be a padrugs, The Property itself is very special, the history behind Starlight Farms is one to be cherished, Clients were the best part of this place
Cons
Staff gossips constantly abot eachother NO MORALE, Client Care is not important... the money is, The primary purpose is lost, Never any Positive feed back as an employee, must punch out for breaks at exactly 30 mins no more no less, will be written up if too short of break, even when a break is NOT possible you must still punch out
Productive and fun place to work - my coworkers
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 9, 2015
I begin most days at 6:30 a.m. to make sure I am able to help internal and external customers whose shift ends at 7:00 a.m. EST. These individuals don't normally get the assistance they need during the Company's normal business hours.

I check the system to determine if there are any issues I was not made aware of then check my emails and respond to messages in order of priority.

At approximately 9:00 a.m. my fun loving coworkers and I take 10 minutes for a coffee break and do some fun activities to keep us going throughout the day.

The majority of my duties during the day is to continue to monitor the system, research new products to determine how it can make our systems better.

I continue to assist internal and external customers during the day.

At 2:00, I check my emails and voice messages to determine, what, if anything needs to be done quickly before ending the day with a 5 minutes chat with my team to make sure all bases are covered and I am not needed for anything. Then off to the onsite gym I go

My coworkers make the day goes faster; I can depend on them and they can depend on me. We help each other to get the job done effectively.

When I started with this organization, over 17 years ago, there were about 100 employees. Now there are more than 500 employees. This changed the dynamics of the office as a whole but the team that I work with on a daily basis, makes it a pleasure to come to work, even when the stress of the day gets to us.
Pros
Gym. CoWorkers
Cons
Large office
nice place to work
Pre-services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working here at this company. Everyone was very nice and helpful. my manager was definitely on of the great ones she had great compassion for her team.
Not impressed!
MHT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 27, 2015
If you are a hard worker and dependable, you will be taking advantage of. You will pick up the slack of other workers.Most of the workers don't take this job seriously. They call out constantly, there is no structure!! It is very unprofessional. I'm PRN and I work 40 hrs a week with no benefits. There are only a few full time employees.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
A great company to work for
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent working for Universal Health Services. I was given many opportunities to learn and advance in my career and believe that my experiences there have been extremely beneficial.
fun work place
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
very fast er very loud and fast alwasy busy huge cafteria huge parkintg lot awesome schedule lots of potlucks and tons of contest to keep it fun a large place to work at diffrent schedules to choose from
Pros
free tea
Cons
short breaks
Learned and improved a lot of my skills
HRIS Integration Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 2, 2015
Acquired a lot of experience in a lot of aspects of my job, that I can take with me as a significant asset to any company I work for in the future.
Pros
Many challenges became opportunities to grow.
Cons
Snow weather policy.
Feels like being in an abusive relationship
Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 30, 2015
Cons
too many to list.
UHS
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2015
Great company. Received many opportunities to utilize my skill set.
Responsible for day to day operation of the facility.
Pros
Tucson, AZ - built a great team
Cons
Being transfered
It's alright. It is what you make of it.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2015
As a technician you day can vary, depending on which unit (child, adolescent, adult) you're sent to work on. You end up gaining a lot of experience working with different patient populations. If you like a consistent work environment you won't appreciate it, but if you like change then you will. You won't see much of the management, since you'll be busy helping patients. The other technicians are good at their jobs and are nice enough to teach the ropes to someone new. The hardest part and easiest part is simultaneously the patients; when you have a lot of "bad" patients come in you'll be extremely busy and your patience will be tested. The job can definitely be mentally fatiguing. On the flip side, those patients that genuinely seem to get better and turn their life around will make you feel good, like you're really making a difference.

In the end, I'd say that if you really think you're a people person and can keep a level head when others are upset, then this position would be a good fit for you. If that's not the kind of person you are, look somewhere else.
Pros
Free meals (if there's enough patients), good coworkers, can feel like you're making a difference
Cons
Management is distant, some patients can really get on your nerves, job can be very stressful at times
Stay away. This is not good company!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth,VaSeptember 6, 2015
I am a current employee. If u work here YOU will be sorry.
Benefits- NO paid holidays( comes from your PTO) NO sick bank( comes from your PTO). Co-insurance which means you are going to pay the Whole doctor bill until you reach your deductible then the insurance will pay 75% of the medical bill and the rest is yours.
Management does not have any backbone they will not back you up when needed. The management will change like the wind, you will be on your own trying to defend yourself. This company also claims to be an employee company that values their employees which is not true if you are a sub entity company that they have bought you are treated like a redheaded stepchild. The employee morale is very low you might as well say not existent. If you work here trust and believe me you will be trying to find a new job within a month... best of luck!!!! I am leaving! !!!
Pros
Cons
Salary & benefits
Positive, care oriented environment where teamwork always exists.
Operations Officer/Risk Manager/PI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 3, 2015
UHS, Inc dba Cedar Grove RTC is a great place to work that puts clients as the priority in service excellence, safety, and quality care. Low turnover rate among staff (at all levels) provides for a consistency for clients, a clear sign of a good place to work, and good professional relationships. I am leaving simply to seek new challenges and experiences.
Pros
Teamwork.
Cons
Stress levels can be high when acuity is high.
YOU ARE DISPENSABLE even if you work hard.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2015
If you are seeking to gain experience working with mentally ill patients, this is a good place to start-- not stay. You cannot grow here. As a matter of fact, it is all about favoritism. Management lacks managerial and interpersonal skills. Supervisors are condescending and unrealistic with expectations (they do not provide adequate staff to help you obtain their expectations). This organization is extremely frugal they rather cut back on staffing and patient snacks before considering employee and patient needs. Here, if you have a bachelors degree, it is equivalent to having NO DEGREE because they could care less about you as a working professional. Compensation? None. Respect? None. Acknowledgment/ appreciation? Never. Unethical? At times, YES. This place will burn you out. Not so much because of the patient population and the high demands, but due to STAFF (some are ethical and pleasurable to work with). In the end, the patients suffer the most from the disorganization and the frugality of this company.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of broken individuals
Cons
Supervisors, compensation, favoritism, and burn out.

2.8