Universal Health Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful place!
MHT (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 15, 2016
Where do I even start...terrible management, everyone either quits or gets fired over minuscule issues, walls and ceilings infested with mold, no back up, no advancement, will try to call you in on your days off or make you stay late daily, college degree level employees get paid 50 cents more than high school level employees, ask you to step in for supervisors and then don't compensate you like promised, tiny raises that are never more than 30 cents, you call off for being sick you get points against you...the list goes on and on. Oh and there is nothing but backstabbing and drama between employees! Do not work here.
Pros
Accrue good amount of PTO, some patients make it worth it
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Company.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I live in the Sacramento area.

I have dealt with Heritage Oaks and Sierra Vista Hospital and they're both equally the rudest hospitals I have ever worked for. I have been in medical for years and simply don't understand how their staff/management can be so rude. If you are not kind or helpful in any way maybe this is not the field for you.

Their hiring process is horrible, you can't check on an application without them giving you a rude response. I did get hired with both. Getting in is even worse because the management is even more rude towards their staff. I will never work with UHS again. Anything that is connected with this name I would stay clear if I were you. I almost switched fields but realized maybe I am not in the right mindset after working for these hospitals.

Work life - Horrible
Coworkers - Horrible
Patients- They make it worth it because I love working and helping people but their are better hospitals where you will at least be respected.
Pros
There aren't any pros.
Cons
Rude staff, Rude company in general.
just a job at this point
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 9, 2016
our facility was sold to UHS and has become an environment of micromanaging and "policies and procedures"

lots of turnover, managers who don't know the basics of day to day operation, lack of staff training, and only a 2% cost of living raise this year (many employees got less)

there is ZERO opportunities for growth here, you will stay in your position as long as you are employed here.

if you demonstrate any special skills, they will exploit that until youre at the breaking point.

they have no consideration for employees off time, and will call you for silly things as if its an emergency.

if you don't have a set schedule, you may not know you are scheduled to work since the schedule isn't consistent.

if any manager makes an error, don't expect an apology. what you will get is blamed for their mistake and humiliation; very unprofessional.

our facility is overrun with rodents.

blatant nepotism; many staff have ties to upper facility management.

if it weren't for the benefits package/paid vacation, Id be working somewhere else.
Pros
a steady paycheck when you work for a huge corporation
Cons
constant hiring of inept and inexperienced staff, inconsistent policies
My day you ask?! Patience and Patients!
bilingual patient accounts supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2016
No day is the same at Universal Health Services. Some days are great, some not so great, but as a team - we make it through! I love how friendly most people are, and the management team is very hands on - it's overall a fun place to work!
Pros
very flexible with work/life balance, no weekend hours, variety of schedules to pick from
Cons
30 min lunches, lack of detailed training, business dress code
Laser Tech
Laser Technician (Current Employee) –  Central districtAugust 24, 2016
Keep on looking! Managers that shouldn't be in their position. Lack of training, low pay ..the only way of increasing your pay is by certifying on various lasers but with the high turnover, you'll never have an opportunity to train to advance. You'll feel threatened if you speak up and submit ideas or changes to make the company better and you'll deal with favoritism and be taken advantage of.
Pros
Getting to work in a hospital environment/operating room. Knowing you're there to help patients.
Cons
Management, pay, horrible training.
Great Place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Great and well paid organization. I had a great working experience while working with the organization. The management has the well being of staff in mind and always ensures the employee are satisfied and happy carrying out the respective job duties.
Quantity!
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2017
If you are up for the challenge then UHS is the job for you. Great opportunity awaits a well rounded individual who has billing, collections, coding, accounting, etc.. experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
fast paced
A good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Its a good place if you want a career in housekeeping they help you move up from being just a housekeeping and its a good experience as well to learn and do
UHS Overview
Clinical Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 11, 2016
2nd internship. I helped solve the problems the clinicians were having. Designing and modifying forms for clinicians. Database SQL logic for which patient gets a specific type of form.
Pros
Great work environment
Benefits
It is a great environment to work in with wonderful staff
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA 90210January 18, 2017
Nursing field is a very productive and rewarding place to work in. As a nurse it has been a great opportunity to help the sick and shut in. I enjoy being able to make someone happy who are rarely ever the happiest person alive. It give me great pleasure to work hand in hand with medical care staff creating a care plan that is mostly a positive outcome of the patient's condition of health during their hospital stay.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Horrible hiring system
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
I do not like applying here. They make the application so difficult to do. I must've applied NUMEROUS of times and no one calls me. I am CNA with lots of experience, I would think someone woulda called me a long time ago for an interview. I called human resources and they weren't much help. I doubt this is a good place to work. There are always positions open and I always wonder if employees are replaceable. Most likely they are.
Worst ever
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJuly 9, 2016
Terrible place. The directors in place were all back stabbing and evil. I ran screaming and never looked back. They were nasty to your face as well. I can't believe the bad ones stay and the good people leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Unsafe
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 27, 2016
This is an unsafe place to work, or to be a patient. The company only cares about money, not their staff or patients. While working in Ocala , Fla, the Vines Hospital, there were two sentinel events involving the same patient, the last one resulted in her death. The company's solution was to add more paper work, not staff.
I did not feel safe there, and felt my license was in jeopardy.
I feel this is a very unscrupulous place to work.
Pros
Nice employees, beautiful hospital
Cons
Staffing, no regard for employees free time.More than I can list.
Too many politics and very low pay-do not work here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
This company has changed management and staff so much since my stay. Everyone wants to leave as there are very unqualified staff telling others how to do there job and they are unaware of how to do their own. If you are minority you will not likely be acknowledged for anything. However each team usually supports one another however each team individually is against each other. Staff disrespect and abuse during restraints verbally and physically and as a therapist you have to deal with the controversy with communities and their parents and families. Very fast paced enironment and high caseloads.
Pros
Learned how to handle many crisis and to work fast paced
Cons
I rarely had time to think prepare or process what happened before I had to rush and see another kid
I enjoyed it
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 21, 2016
I worked as a Financial Counselor at the Mens center. I enjoyed what i did to the fullest. Loved my co-workers and all of my Patients. I really really lined it a lot. They are in the beginning phases of making some very needed changes that will be very positive. I have no complaints and loved both my Business Team and my Mens Center team. I chose go leave due to financial hardships of my own. No personal reasons or dislikes of my job. I will miss them dearly.
Pros
Flexibility, Co-workers, Patients
Cons
Wages
Good place to help people
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Difficult job, decent pay, good management, great co-workers. Did not fee like the facility did enough for patients. The facility is not for everyone
Overwork, no training, micromanage, turnover rate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2016
This company as a whole do not respect their employees in work wise. This is a production and micromanage place! No paid holidays which they do not tell you. A lot of turnover rate job posting every week!. If you get the job be ware and get out fast you will be looking for another job. This is stressful environment, it all about productivity then quality no proper training is giving no policy nor procedures to go by for a 500 fortune company. Mangers and team leader do not know what they are doing.
Pros
The benefits healthcare only
Cons
Overwork, under paid, no paid holidays, micromanage
Challenging and Rewarding
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIJune 15, 2016
Had the best time in the world here. Outstanding people and executive team. A wonderful staff that was passionate and empathetic. Easily one of the best places I have ever worked.
Very productive environment
Medical Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2016
Daily we work through emdeon to process professional fees. We have to work all claim edits and process the claims by 11 am. I have learned several things such as how to process claims as accurately and efficiently so claims will be processed by the insurance company's. I also work correspondences daily so claims can be processed on a timely manner.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Short Breaks
productive and loving staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 21, 2016
Typical day consists of greeting patient and getting them ready for the day. Cooking breakfast and hygiene care is mandatory. The hardest part for me would be departing while the most enjoyable part of the day would be spending time listening to them.
Pros
set own hours
Cons
not enough clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Health Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9