Universal Health Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Tech at River Oaks
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LANovember 30, 2017
worked on units with 26 patients to just one nurse and tech. Upper management has no clue and acts like they own you. You get treated with no respect, paid poorly, and treated like a dog. You will be lucky if you get more than two shifts of training. Corporate and management doesn't care about patients or staff, only money.
Pros
PTO is ok
Cons
Everything else
Lacking support
Prefer to remain anonymous (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 30, 2017
UHS it’s horrible, corporate culture is not supportive and addiction treatment division is more concerned with profits. While UHS does provide benefits the costs are extremely high for a healthcare employer.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, no support for overworked and overwhelmed employees, heavy-handed corporate offices in Pennsylvania, one size fits all model does not work
hostile work enviornment. Treats employees like garbage. Only concerned about the company making $.
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 27, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Not centered around good patient care. the employees are not valued at all. Hostile work environment, and obvious favoritism in the workplace.
Cons
hostile work environment. management does not treat you like you are a human being
St. Mary's is #1 to work for
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Enid OKNovember 26, 2017
The Rehab Institute at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Enid is a great place to work. The hospital has a 5 star rating from Medicare and the Rehab Institute has a great team. Many team members have pursued advanced certifications. There is a strong sense of family among the rehab team and we have excellent retention as a result.
Pros
Excellent benefits, outstanding culture
Cons
Rural market
Poor client care and management
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 23, 2017
As a clinical therapist I was expected to do billing,, nursing responsibilities , collect money, and tolerate abuse from the doctors. Staff was mean to clients and did not take their medical complaints seriously. I would not work in this environment.
Run
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 21, 2017
This place is horrible. The management is horrible and if your in the wrong clique they are even worse. Your life is constantly in danger because of the lack of staffing and training that they give you about the job and kids that are there. They therapists are scared to death of the kids and lie to them about going home which gets the kids mad at us (mental health techs) and we didn’t do anything. Some of these kids need to be in jail for the attacks they do to the other kids but it gets swept under the rug. And some of the kids should not be discharged back into the community because they are seriously dangerous to the public. If u want to have high blood pressure and your own mental break down then head over to Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, getting stuck to cover shifts, life in danger, personal mental break down
review
Associate Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 17, 2017
Great work environment. Work hard, deal with a lot of tickets and customer issues. Decent commute from where I live. Management is good. People I work with are great as well.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Commute
Stay away
Driver (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 13, 2017
I worked there for a year and a half as a driver. As an on call driver they would want you to work 12 or 24 hour shifts. Some weekends they would want you on call all weekend and most times you would not go out at all. If there were any weekend discharges the supervisor would do them and take the hours away from the other drivers.
For the love of the children
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waverly, TNNovember 12, 2017
Working for this company and affiliated Natchez Trace Youth Academy was a God send to my life. What a story to live , losing my mother, stuck in a house I didn't want because the memories were to much to bear and then comes along a recruiter who clearly loves her job , asking me to work with her at Natchez Trace.
The supervisors clearly cared for each and every child as if they were their own. I was so lovingly called Mama Mac, both by those students that truly listened to you and cared about you, as well as those that were BSing you to get their way.
Great place to work, most of the employees were loving , caring folks just trying to earn a living. What made us special from ordinary employees is that we were a group of people who TRULY AND GENUINELY CARED ABOUT KIDS! I applaud all those I had the honor to work with! Main man Mr. H, Ms. H, Mrs. H, Mrs. M, Ms. O., and many many more!
The downfall is the mandatory overtime because of normal turnover. They do pay for a hotel so can get some rest before you have to come back. There were times you didn't get to leave because someone called in, the best thing to do is keep yourself busy, spend time with the kids talking, or playing games with them. Clean the dorm get the kids involved, focus a little extra attention to your kids who may be exhibiting some anxiety.
Great benefits, pay o.k except in my case the distance was just too great for me to travel everyday..
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, never a dull moment!
Cons
Short if any breaks, mandatory overtime
High Stressful Job Poor Management
Pre Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2017
Day to day it is a very stressful job you are QA'd everyday you have very little to no time to accomplish the tasks that you have to do. If you do not learn your job at the timeframe that they expect you too which is impossible the leads and supervisors pick on you. There has been several employees that has left because of the team lead who is not professional and is very rude and mean.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
very high stressful
Have to be the right person to work there
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Kouts, INNovember 9, 2017
Horrible management; all employees are paid vastly different wages ($10-18) even with the same experience, schooling and/or skill levels; always in a staffing shortage; constant mandated shifts and working short; management purposely tries to find your mistakes to get you fired, and will change policies without notice in order to do so; managers bring their children to staff meetings; no communication between management and staff; all employees/management/administrators sleep around with eachother; never feel valued as an employee. The job can be rewarding at times due to patient interaction and working the floor.
Pros
Always available hours, rewarding patient experiences
Cons
Staff shortage, high-stress, poor management, poor pay, mandated shifts
Don't work here
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 7, 2017
As a mental health technican, management does not value you as an employee. The nurses here after given way too much leeway and boss techs around. New management is power hungry and like changing things all the time. You could be the best staff ever and they would find something wrong with you.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Pay, not valued
Good overall company but needs to be more supportive of its employees.
Referral Administrator/Interim Director (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 7, 2017
The company has many positives but definitely has some culture issues which has led to employees not feeling supported and leaving. However, some departments do not have the overshadowing culture issues.
keep looking
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2017
Stressful and dangerous. Management only cares about filling beds. Understaffed, turnover is shocking. Breaks are rare, even on double shifts. Coworkers are awesome, culture is terrible.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
horrible management
Terrible Benefits
Lead Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 29, 2017
Pay too much for not enough health and dental benefits.
IT Costs more if you're part time!
Upper management is terrible at having safe staffing grids!
This is not all of UHS, just the facility I worked at.
Pros
PTO Paid Sick Time After 3 consecutive days
Cons
Dangerous staffing PT ratios, not necessary, other facilities do just fine!
Run
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 23, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family to provide for and/or a professional license to protect. I did not listen to others who told me not to work for this company specifically Newport News Behavioral Health and Harbor Point Behavioral Health. This was by far the worst working experience in my book. Please, take heed and run!!
You can do better
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 18, 2017
Poor work environment with constant turn over. High pressure to cover shifts so the management doesn't have to do it themselves. They will not hesitate to dump work they don't feel like doing on you.
Pros
Plenty of time for reading
Cons
Most everything else
Experience at UHS
Assistant Manager, IS Financial Support (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 12, 2017
I currently manage and coordinate revenue cycle projects by determining requirements and evaluating systems and vendors throughout the selection process, implementation event and post-live period.
Great Experience
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, WEST HILLS HOSPITAL (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 2, 2017
You will gain a great deal of experience working for Universal Health Services. It really is an honest company with good ethics and committed to caring for patients. Each hospital is able to make decisions based on the community it supports. I would encourage anyone interested to apply. It is fast paced and competitive. My only recommendation is to reduce turn over rates in key leadership positions, such as CEO's and Director levels.
Strong focus on quality care and service excellence
CEO Development Program (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 26, 2017
Universal Health Services has a unique workplace culture with a strong emphasis on quality care and service excellence. A great depth of corporate expertise is available to support you in your work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Health Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8