Universal Health Services Inc.

Universal Health Services Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to help people
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Difficult job, decent pay, good management, great co-workers. Did not fee like the facility did enough for patients. The facility is not for everyone
Worst ever
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJuly 9, 2016
Terrible place. The directors in place were all back stabbing and evil. I ran screaming and never looked back. They were nasty to your face as well. I can't believe the bad ones stay and the good people leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
This is not where you want to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 18, 2016
I worked here and feel bad for the kids and people still there. No one wants to improve this place and those who do just get shut down. You will leave sad and disheartened and very under paid. I don't complain much but This place just makes it hard not to. I wish they would make positive changes but at the end it's for money you don't see and not anything else.
Cons
Everything!
Challenging and Rewarding
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIJune 15, 2016
Had the best time in the world here. Outstanding people and executive team. A wonderful staff that was passionate and empathetic. Easily one of the best places I have ever worked.
I would say run if you could
Medical Records Associate/ Analyze Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
I worked in the Medical Records department and I would have to say the team lead was something else she had her favorite people that could get away with everything and everyone else would get in trouble for everything. she was not a great team lead.
Pros
nothing
Cons
team lead
A Money Making Machine
Assessment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KY and Bradenton, FLMay 24, 2016
I've been with the company for nearly three years, first as an intern, then as an intake clinician at two different facilities. During my time at the first facility, there was a sentinel event wherein a psychotic patient escaped, ran to the grocery store next door, and went to town on themselves with a box cutter. This is because the facility is consistently, critically understaffed. I was reassured by my supervisor that not all UHS facilities were as bad as ours, so when I moved I took a job at another one, trusting the situation would be better. It was far, far worse. "Service Excellence" was used as a bullying tactic by administration when you expressed any level of dissent. Understaffing is so horrible that nurses have been expected to do their job as well as that of a tech, taking acute patients by themselves with no support. Team Support requests would go unanswered until it escalated to a full code. Hourly workers would be relentlessly pressured to clock out on time, regardless of what work needed to be finished, then would be written up the next day for incomplete paperwork. People have been denied leave requests after the death of family members. Hard fast policies regarding medical acuity have been overruled by administration simply because a patient has good insurance, even though we can't accommodate the patient comfortably. Doctors have been strong-armed into accepting patients who lack acuity, just because they have good insurance. Over the last few months, I've asked repeat patients why they come back, and they always say something to the effect of how nice it  more... is, how they feel like they are treated like people instead of problems, and it sincerely hurts to hear them say that. UHS is not about patients, it's about pay checks. You are not people, you are meat for the grinder, whether a patient or a paid employee.  less
Pros
Trial by fire experience, decent benefits
Cons
Poor support, lack of work/life balance, interdepartmental mistrust, blame assigning, unhealthy work environment
No work-from-home availability or flexibility with schedule
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 19, 2016
No work-from-home availability or flexibility with schedule, people aren't particularly happy or friendly but not a lot of pressure there.
It was a learning experience.
Administrative Assistant/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2016
It was very long ago,I remember just learning reel to reel sage computer system,and I learned about the coffee roasting business.
Pros
Free coffee every week.
Cons
Not a clean working area, very small area to work, Employees smoked at there desk, Poor pay.
work
Hospital Technician (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 13, 2016
this is a very unique company and the work is the same as well. I enjoy my job because its automated, I have a set schedule with set agendas daily.
An employment/learning place to have worked.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2016
I had gained vast knowledge/experience working with the HIV/AIDS population and the Dept. of Health gains at defeating this virus.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Healthcare
Mental Health
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
The job is community based so having an open mind to work with all of the population in mental is expected. Being able to communicate, organize and having a good rapport with people.
great workplace
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  DCMarch 25, 2016
Hard skills such as planning, finance and analysis that were paramount in years past represent just a fragment of the many skills executives must now possess. Today's global economy requires additional skills like good communication, creativity, collaboration and the ability to motivate. According to an article recently posted at Bloomberg Businessweek, "a modern chief executive requires an array of hard and soft skills; they're essential for anyone aspiring to top leadership."
Too many politics and very low pay-do not work here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
This company has changed management and staff so much since my stay. Everyone wants to leave as there are very unqualified staff telling others how to do there job and they are unaware of how to do their own. If you are minority you will not likely be acknowledged for anything. However each team usually supports one another however each team individually is against each other. Staff disrespect and abuse during restraints verbally and physically and as a therapist you have to deal with the controversy with communities and their parents and families. Very fast paced enironment and high caseloads.
Pros
Learned how to handle many crisis and to work fast paced
Cons
I rarely had time to think prepare or process what happened before I had to rush and see another kid
Overwork, no training, micromanage, turnover rate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2016
This company as a whole do not respect their employees in work wise. This is a production and micromanage place! No paid holidays which they do not tell you. A lot of turnover rate job posting every week!. If you get the job be ware and get out fast you will be looking for another job. This is stressful environment, it all about productivity then quality no proper training is giving no policy nor procedures to go by for a 500 fortune company. Mangers and team leader do not know what they are doing.
Pros
The benefits healthcare only
Cons
Overwork, under paid, no paid holidays, micromanage
great work enviornment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 9, 2016
many knowledgable people with a lot of information to learn. Good atmosphere and the people are really great. had a great experience working there.
love working here with the flexible hours.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  :Ridge Behavioral Health, Lexington, KYFebruary 23, 2016
I love working for a company who looks at addiction in a different way. This company provides comprehensive services to those struggling with addictions/and/or behavioral issues. Continuing education is always available within the organization.
Pros
team atmosphere, approachable management
Cons
I'm at a sattelite location and can get lost in the loop, grant position
Everyone complains of the same thing all day.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 20, 2016
Run while you can, if your not in the admin. click; you get used. No one wants to hear what admin. can do better. It's a very depressing work place. Thank god for the patient's that's what keeps you at work not respect or thanks.
Always unpredictable and enjoyable
Lead Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I have been working here for 8 years now and there is no place such this place. It is an unique environment that provides many things such as rope course, rock wall, movie theater, exercise room, kitchen, art room, game room and a swimming pool. I work with variety of populations from children to adults, with different disabilities and backgrounds. I have utmost respect for all the residents I work with and all the staff. Despite of the place closing, I will never have a bitter feeling towards this place. This has been a rewarding and positive journey.
Directors
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Loved my coworkers and Administration. Department Directors Terrible....to focused on themselves and getting what they want rather the focusing on the patients and their staff.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible department leadership
Challenging and fun place to work
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 2, 2016
typical day at work would start by doing the pre-trip on the bus and then going to pick up the special education children in Chesterfield to transport them to their schools safely.
I learned how to work with different types of children with different disabilities.
Management was good, very helpful and prompt when called on the radio.
I really was more in contact with the children but when I did run into other bus drivers the encounters were very pleasant.
The hardest part of my job was the weather conditions especially when it snowed. I had to be extra careful to make sure everyone was safe.
The most enjoyable part of job was working with the special education children. It was very challenging yet rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Health Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9