Universal Health Services Inc.

Universal Health Services Inc. Employer Reviews

Not a good place to work-mental health worker
Mental health worker (Former Employee), Brynn marr hospital jacksonville north carolibaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free meal in cafeteria
Cons: no breaks..no help..over worked..under paid
I worked as a mental health worker and basically had to do everyone's job. I took vitals signs for all patients yet they have rn's there. I was told rn"s had to much paperwork...then I gave all groups ex.life goals, teaching skills to the patients etc etc.. I was their mentor ..counselor and teacher..I did the social workers job. All their shifts are – more... 12 hours so your their 7am-7pm.. They have a high turnover rate! Working 12 hours I rarely EVER got to take a break because there not enough workers to relieve you. Your breaks are suppose to be 2 15 min and a 30 minute lunch which you rarely get to take. The pay is Horrible!!!! Basic pay is between 10-12hr depending on experience however for everything that I was doing it should have been more like 17-18$ hr. You walk and sit with patients for breakfast lunch and dinner..you do all their vitals..you security check all their rooms. When you have a group of patients you are by yourself at all times..one day it could be you and 13 adolescent boys or 12 adults.. There is no security either in this mental health facility so if your alone and a group of patients start to fight you have to run down the hall to the phone...I could go on and on....just beware – less
poor place to work
Behavioral Tech (Former Employee), Rockford IllAugust 24, 2014
Cons: every thing
The staff doesn't care about the residents. The environment/culture is not the best. If you are someone who cares, you are labeled as weak. My employment their was not good.
Employees are treated as pawns
Licensed Staff (Current Employee), Heritage Oaks HospitalAugust 22, 2014
Cons: poor morale, mismanagement, low retention
I have worked for Heritage Oaks for over 3 years and within that time I have had only 3 days that I ever called out or missed work, and nothing but positive feedback from the clients, MD's, RN's and other staff that I have supported there as well as the community contracts that Heritage Oaks holds. However I was unceremoniously replaced by less qualified – more... staff to do my job (A bachelors level staff with 6 weeks training in mental health, versus a masters level, Licensed staff.) with little to no explanation as to why, nor any offering of other positions within the company. Then, when they were short-staffed because the new hires were quitting in droves they asked me to come back, I agreed and when they hired enough cheaper staff they replaced me again!

Bottom Line:
Poor morale
Poor management
Bad Karma – less
horrible ethics and abuse
BHW (Former Employee), kouts, indianaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: helping the residents
Cons: too many to name
Bhw 's cursing at residents and using excessive force. . Horrible! Management is horrible and you will never have opportunity for advancement if you are not in the "click" mandates daily, 70 hours a week and not even a thank you for helping? Ridiculous! ! Do not work here.
This is a horrible company
Just a peon (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: there are good people that work here.
Cons: management, compensation, boundaries, unrealistic expectations, fraud!
I work at Cypress Creek Hospital in Houston, TX. This is a HORRIBLE place to work. The CEO and HR director are corrupt. They have no qualms when it comes to lying to protect themselves or finding someone else to blame when they need to cover up the fraud they commit on a daily basis...and the fraud they allow to happen. Universal Health Services does – more... not seem to care that Cypress Creek Hospital is run by tyrants.The CEO is a smooth talker and can weasel his way out of anything. I have nothing positive to say about this company or the hospital. Quality care and hard work are not rewarded. It is so sad that the employees AND patients are so disrespected at this facility. It really is all about the money. I thought that when UHS bought PSI Solutions, things would get better. But everything has gotten worse. UHS stocks keeps climbing...yet they continue with cutbacks. Their mission statement of this company is a terrible lie. Stay away...they don't care about anyone but themselves. – less
Work there if you must, then get out ASAP!!
Mental Heath Tech (Former Employee), Orlando, FL at University Behavioral CenterAugust 19, 2014
Staff are not all treated equally. Administration plays favorites and bends the rules for certain staff. There are several lead techs that are unprofessional that you have to work with. Management overlooks what they want to overlook. Certain staff are promoted to positions that they do not have the qualifications for.
diversity
Clinical Therapist (Intern) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: supportive co-workers
Cons: unable to hire me
This position consisted of working with a diverse population.
YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!
Therapist (Former Employee), Olive branch, MSAugust 8, 2014
Please do not waste your time at such a facility. Horrible management, terrible work attitudes, are not concerned about patients and are strongly money driven! If you are a person of good character, morals, and integrity... Do not, and I repeat.. DO NOT challenge your beliefs by joining such a facility! Staff morale is so low that it's ridiculous! I – more... don't know where they have found the staff, but surely they were once humans before they became carnivorous animals! I pray that whomever is reading this, finds another job bc this place is horrible! Staff is rude to the patients and the doctors care the least bit about the patients. They have no time for the patients and only want to shove MEDS without actually showing concern. This place should be reported for a number of things !!!! – less
Dinner break 9 to 10, when off at 11:00
medical health tech (Former Employee), meridian, msAugust 8, 2014
Let go only halfway into probation period with no explanation, but that I did not do my rounds correctly! NO EXPLANATION!! NO warning!! Blacks run whites off!!
The worst
Social Worker (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2014
This is the most disorganized, abusive to it's professional employees, disrespectful and dangerous to the patients company I've ever worked for in 25 years of working in various facilities. I never have time for lunch, they lied in my interview about my job responsibilities and I am doing FAR more than they said and other things I won't go in to. Patient – more... to staff ratio is ridiculous and it's impossible to give good patient care or documentation unless you spend 12 hours/ 5 day shifts rather than 8 hour shifts. The only reason I'm sticking around FOR NOW is that they are paying me VERY well but it's SUCH a poor work environment I am at the point I am willing to walk away from a fabulous pay check. UHS needs to respect their employees and their patients. It's the worst. – less
This position is great for someone wanting to work hard and make a diference.
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee), Dover, DEJuly 14, 2014
This position is great for someone that been in an ACFO program.
Working for UHS
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Midloathian, VAMarch 6, 2014
Very pleasant company to work for. A typical day started with a team meeting to see where we are and need to be. Everything was organized nicely.
Love the patients
Nurse (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 3, 2014
Overall, I love my job including patients and staff. It has taken a long time to walk away but I am ready for a change of pace.
Nightshift
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee), Mount Dora, FLFebruary 22, 2014
Working nights has it's pros but it also has its cons. It's a good company to work for as a 1st job. It's a good learning experience. The hardest part of the job is when the residents start to act out and there aren't enough staff to help out.
helpful expericence
receptionist (Former Employee), Hou, WALJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, knowing differnt people
helping patients with there needs and making there next appointments for them to see the doctor again management really cared about the employees and made us feel important
Lean working culture with authority to implement change
Senior Director (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: autonomy to self direct job
Cons: expectation for travel
UHS employs a hands on working culture for Corporate programs that allows direct influence on owned properties. Emphasis in the Corporate office on concise communications with sequential flow of data driven information resulting in an offered solution for improvement.
Clean and confrontable Atomsphere
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaDecember 30, 2013
My daily routine requires offering and encouraging hygiene setting up breakfast, taking vital signs, facilitating groups, transporting patients to lunch, review treatment plan with patients, identifying progress. Assisting with room assignments and intake and discharges.
They Will Destroy Your Reputation
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Ft Washington PADecember 8, 2013
Pros: salary--and that was because of the union
Cons: bigots
This company is disorganized and blames everything that goes wrong on the employees. They don't follow labor laws and don't care because they are too big to fail.
For profit company with for profit values
Social Worker (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 15, 2013
Pros: working with patients, the ability to transfer within the company
Cons: no breaks, poor benefits, poor mangement, profit driven, poor morale, high turnover rate of staff
I have worked at 2 different hospitals owned by UHS and each one was too much primarily focused on the numbers and revenue instead of having a healthy balance between that and excellent patient care. Poor management and benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job at UHS was working with the patients.
Good Company to work for
Program Manager (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 21, 2013
UHS is a great company that provides many chances for advancement

1 2 3