Universal Health Services Inc.

Universal Health Services Inc. Employer Reviews

Working at United Healthcare was a great learning opportunity
Pre-Services Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: no perks, salary to small, no opportunity for growth, very little employee appreciation
The job environment was not the best but I worked well with what I had. Software was not up to date. Upper management not that involved in what the employees are doing and not open for suggestions,
Working at United Healthcare was a great learning opportunity
Pre-Services Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: location
Just a place to acquire professional experience
Case Manager and Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Guaynabo, Puerto Rico officeFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: opportunity to acquire professional experience
Cons: no settled schedules, pay, care management and very tense stressful working environment.
Co-workers are very nice, good to work with. Job is very, VERY stressful. Management does not 'get it'! For a business supposedly helping ppl, they only care about money! Keep getting more work given to us, but no more pay. Very poor record keeping, supervisor does not even know the job. If u want high blood pressure, sleepless nights, and if your mate wants to hear you complain a lot-then this is the job for you!!. Just a place to get exprience from. No life/work time balance. Working environment that has to do a lot of improvements,
Productive workplace
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: too far
I enjoyed working in the Benefits Department as an Administrative Secretary. I handle highly confidential information and handled time sensitive projects. In the two years that I was there, my position grew and was able to speak to employees in regards to their benefits and guide them appropriately.
Challenging, but good teamwork in a good environment.
Environmental Services Director (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2015
Being the head of a department means multitasking. Hitting budget targets, scheduling, payroll, reports, meetings, and more, but nothing is more gratifying than mentoring employees. Getting them to be a team, believe in themselves and produce quality results.
The biggest thing I learned and improved on was delegation of tasks to supervisors. One person cannot do everything, but by training and putting my trust in supervisors made my life easier.
A good place to work with excellent team work between department heads, which creates a fun, enjoyable culture to work in.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: limited opportunity in arkanasas
This comany is a great place to work. If you're looking for stability, opportunity and culture this is the place. Each department has the full support of onsite management and corporate level management.
Worst job ever
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee), Ocala, FlFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything else
Extremely disorganized, communication is done through yelling and screaming when something goes wrong. Very very stressful job low pay. If you want to have high blood pressure or a stroke this is the perfect job for you.
Great Opportunityfor Advancement
Project Manager - Grants (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Management was responsive to career development requests to advance career and provide additional responsibilities as employees were ready.
Very stressful job
Med records coordinator (Current Employee), PaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers, the ppl who we deal with
Cons: stress, low pay, high expectations, large work responsibility, poor record keeping, unorganized charts
Productive with the ability to grow
Executive Director (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Supervision, Counseling, Facilitating groups, Service of Excellence, Financial reports, Leadership Committee, Governing Board
Great place to work!
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Incredible co-workers to partner with, I have learned so much in my short two years here, skills that I have been able to use day to day and have allowed me to continue to grow.
Satisfactory and fun work environment,
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Management and coworkers are reliable and dependable.UHS employees go above and beyond job duties on a regular basis.The knowledge and ability to work with clients of all diversities are rewarding.UHS encourages clients to succeed and thrive within their communities.
Hospital with potential for us and them
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Palmdale Regional Medical Center work environment is typical of hospitals this size. As such, it has a high turnover rate and with a little company loyalty there is good opportunity for advancement. The hospital on the whole has the opportunity to become a leading medical facility with exemplary management. The benefits are very good, befitting a company as large as UHS. Not every day is a good day but overall it was enjoyable and educational working for PRMC.
Great company in which to gain experience
Senior Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: stability, work exposure
Cons: company is very tight
If you are looking to wear many hats, and gain experience, this is the job for you. Most positions requiring education are very, very stable, wear many hats, and do a variety of work. Very busy,
PLEASE save yourself, your license & reputation
Therapist/Assessment Coumselor (Former Employee), Portland OregonJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: see above
This is the most unethical place I've ever worker in over 20 years. The so-called CEO has zero management skills, has a bachelors degree with no supervisory experience. She relies heavily on the HR manager who will stab you in your back at any given moment. They have fired some of the best, most educated, experienced and committed people I've ever met. Why? Because they've raised serious concerns about patient care, patient and staff safety, they object to being cursed at by the Assessment Center Manager (who doesn't even know how to use the computer system - can't admit a patient to the hospital or complete a decent clinical assessment herself but will literally yell at and about staff doing it the wrong way). Your marketing dept made her way to the top the old fashioned way - true and factual. There is no ethics board so they mistreat patients and no one is overseeing their immoral practices. The benefit's - who can afford them? Horrible benefits. Management will smile in your face, gain your trust and make promises but be sure to listen for the bus - they'll throw you under in less than a heartbeat. You'll want to gauge your own eyeballs out if you accept a position at CHH. Oh and don't feel too important if they do hire you, they hire anyone and don't check references. That's how the last CEO was able to slip in with his fake PhD (bought it online). This place is so sad. DE is a disgrace and LH is her willing copilot. Don't say you weren't warned. By the way, any good reviews you read came from the same snakes who create the miserable working environment. It was the happiest day I've had in years when I found a job at a REAL hospital with real benefits with cultural sensitivity and respect. They don't give a hoot about patients; its ALL about money and their very hefty bonuses.
fun place to work however it can be too laid back at times
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), streamwood,ilJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: too laid back at times
i worked there for 4 years and overall enjoyed it. the staff was easy to work with
Poor
MHT (Former Employee), macon, gaJanuary 7, 2015
This was the worst job ever, they dont care about patients!!! Management only cares about money!!!! They have their own buddy system and only look out for each other!!! Find another job!!! Run!!!
Dietary Department very unprofessional!!!!
Dietary Staff (Former Employee), Macon, GaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great staff, warming environment
The overall Company was very great. I enjoyed going to work (when I was called) The office stand point was very welcoming. However, the department stand point especially the dietary department was very unprofessional. I started out under the impression that I'll be fulltime.. Well atleast thats what I was told in my interview but, when I start working I was told I was PRN I only worked 4 hours a day and that everyone who's hired start out as PRN. I was trained for 2 weeks. Once my training was over I was told I wasn't needed so I didn't work for 2 weeks straight. However, the 2 other people l started with was getting 40+ hours. I was called back to work. I worked maybe three good weeks then once again I was told by the Kitchen Manager that the Supervisor took me off the schedule until further noticed will in my case until one of the employees left for surgery then I would be able to get 40 hours a week. Once I was called back to fill in for that employee I was not granted those 40 hours, I barley got 30 hours. Ironically, once I got a new Job I was being blamed for not cleaning up after my shift when that should have been the least of their problems. The problem should have been how the Kitchen Manager was taking food for personal use or how the other kitchen staff was getting drunk and not showing up to work but was never fired.
Unethical and cut throat environment
intake clinician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, pay, looks good on resume
Cons: ethics, reputation, biased staff, cut throat, no chance to advance
This review is for Garfield Park Hospital. That hospital is a joke. They are unethical, money driven, and started with a poor reputation. They had several riots on the unit do to understaffing. UHS shut the hospital down at least twice. The turn over rate is insane. The hospital has been open for 2 years but is on it's third CEO. The intake department is a revolving door. They will admit kids that don't meet inpatient criteria for money. They have been known to step up kids from outpatient programs for money. They place kids of all ages on the same floor when census is low. Staff on third shift sleep on the job but don't get in trouble. Staff that make racial strife on the job and keep up drama remain employed. However staff that voice concerns about their jobs, or raise concerns about ethical issues, or ask to transfer to other positions within the same hospital are let go. The director of HR is a lying snake do not trust anything that comes out her mouth. Favoritism and biased management is part of UHS. No one has job security, you can be let go at anytime without cause. Seriously the hospital is a joke and leadership is clueless and incompetent.
Don't do it!
Medical Records Manager/Coder (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: the people were nice.
Cons: management is clueless, the benefits are awful and very expensive, the salary was low considering the environment and the benefits.
Ranks at the top of one of the worst places I have worked. The management is horrible. They are in the stone ages as far as records goes. They don't want to move forward. They have unqualified people in charge of areas that they shouldn't. I wanted to like the job I had there, but management made that difficult.

1 2 3 4