Universal Health Services Inc.

Universal Health Services Inc. Employer Reviews

PLEASE save yourself, your license & reputation
Therapist/Assessment Coumselor (Former Employee), Portland OregonJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: see above
This is the most unethical place I've ever worker in over 20 years. The so-called CEO has zero management skills, has a bachelors degree with no supervisory experience. She relies heavily on the HR manager who will stab you in your back at any given moment. They have fired some of the best, most educated, experienced and committed people I've ever met. Why? Because they've raised serious concerns about patient care, patient and staff safety, they object to being cursed at by the Assessment Center Manager (who doesn't even know how to use the computer system - can't admit a patient to the hospital or complete a decent clinical assessment herself but will literally yell at and about staff doing it the wrong way). Your marketing dept made her way to the top the old fashioned way - true and factual. There is no ethics board so they mistreat patients and no one is overseeing their immoral practices. The benefit's - who can afford them? Horrible benefits. Management will smile in your face, gain your trust and make promises but be sure to listen for the bus - they'll throw you under in less than a heartbeat. You'll want to gauge your own eyeballs out if you accept a position at CHH. Oh and don't feel too important if they do hire you, they hire anyone and don't check references. That's how the last CEO was able to slip in with his fake PhD (bought it online). This place is so sad. DE is a disgrace and LH is her willing copilot. Don't say you weren't warned. By the way, any good reviews you read came from the same snakes who create the miserable working environment. It was the happiest day I've had in years when I found a job at a REAL hospital with real benefits with cultural sensitivity and respect. They don't give a hoot about patients; its ALL about money and their very hefty bonuses.
fun place to work however it can be too laid back at times
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), streamwood,ilJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: too laid back at times
i worked there for 4 years and overall enjoyed it. the staff was easy to work with
Poor
MHT (Former Employee), macon, gaJanuary 7, 2015
This was the worst job ever, they dont care about patients!!! Management only cares about money!!!! They have their own buddy system and only look out for each other!!! Find another job!!! Run!!!
Dietary Department very unprofessional!!!!
Dietary Staff (Former Employee), Macon, GaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great staff, warming environment
The overall Company was very great. I enjoyed going to work (when I was called) The office stand point was very welcoming. However, the department stand point especially the dietary department was very unprofessional. I started out under the impression that I'll be fulltime.. Well atleast thats what I was told in my interview but, when I start working I was told I was PRN I only worked 4 hours a day and that everyone who's hired start out as PRN. I was trained for 2 weeks. Once my training was over I was told I wasn't needed so I didn't work for 2 weeks straight. However, the 2 other people l started with was getting 40+ hours. I was called back to work. I worked maybe three good weeks then once again I was told by the Kitchen Manager that the Supervisor took me off the schedule until further noticed will in my case until one of the employees left for surgery then I would be able to get 40 hours a week. Once I was called back to fill in for that employee I was not granted those 40 hours, I barley got 30 hours. Ironically, once I got a new Job I was being blamed for not cleaning up after my shift when that should have been the least of their problems. The problem should have been how the Kitchen Manager was taking food for personal use or how the other kitchen staff was getting drunk and not showing up to work but was never fired.
Unethical and cut throat environment
intake clinician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, pay, looks good on resume
Cons: ethics, reputation, biased staff, cut throat, no chance to advance
This review is for Garfield Park Hospital. That hospital is a joke. They are unethical, money driven, and started with a poor reputation. They had several riots on the unit do to understaffing. UHS shut the hospital down at least twice. The turn over rate is insane. The hospital has been open for 2 years but is on it's third CEO. The intake department is a revolving door. They will admit kids that don't meet inpatient criteria for money. They have been known to step up kids from outpatient programs for money. They place kids of all ages on the same floor when census is low. Staff on third shift sleep on the job but don't get in trouble. Staff that make racial strife on the job and keep up drama remain employed. However staff that voice concerns about their jobs, or raise concerns about ethical issues, or ask to transfer to other positions within the same hospital are let go. The director of HR is a lying snake do not trust anything that comes out her mouth. Favoritism and biased management is part of UHS. No one has job security, you can be let go at anytime without cause. Seriously the hospital is a joke and leadership is clueless and incompetent.
Don't do it!
Medical Records Manager/Coder (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: the people were nice.
Cons: management is clueless, the benefits are awful and very expensive, the salary was low considering the environment and the benefits.
Ranks at the top of one of the worst places I have worked. The management is horrible. They are in the stone ages as far as records goes. They don't want to move forward. They have unqualified people in charge of areas that they shouldn't. I wanted to like the job I had there, but management made that difficult.
Productive and Fun Environment
Variance Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: promotion from within
An environment where learning and communication is encouraged. Several fun activities to create a sense of community.
Worst Job Ever
Psychiatric RN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2014
Spring Mountain and UHS are horrible to work for. Management sets the tone and a culture of playing favorites. If you're not a submissive person then you're on the outside looking in. The DON and ADON aren't leaders. The worst experience of my life.
Stay away
mental health associate (Former Employee), Birmingham alDecember 4, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrible position. No room for advancement. Expect to be physically assaulted by patients and exploited by staff. Horrible pay also. This company is always hiring. That should tell u something. I only work there a couple months and I saw 3 job orientation during my time spent there.
Great people but not worth the pay
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee), N. Charleston, SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: schedule, coworkers, patients
Cons: pay, benefits
I really wanted to love this job, I was so excited to get the job but its a very mentally exhausting job and their pay is not in line with the responsibilities. My co workers were great as well as the patients. I enjoyed helping the patients and hearing their stories, most of them have had very traumatic lives. Most staff is great, there are some nurses that aren't so pleasant but just a few bad apples. The schedule was accommodating, but pay was terrible. The mental health techs basically do everything, from every part of interacting and monitoring the patients to counseling/groups, diet regulation, enforcing rules and schedule, sometimes even personal care. The nurses get to sit back and do meds, some counseling but mostly paperwork. So the techs have the most important and stressful job, most interaction with patients, most risk, and yet the pay is barely over minimum wage. Compensation was not equal to the stress of the job. Which explains their extremely high turnover.
Corrupt and Evil
Mental health worker (Former Employee), meridian mississippiNovember 23, 2014
Cons: many
Management all stick together and will get rid of anyone they see as a threat. I will tell any one to get out when you can find something better. No one is safe, you can work over time and be a well rounded employee, but just let one thing happen, they will fire you. A learning experience for me, but will never be loyal again. Most definitely was a bad decision working for this evil place
terrible
hr (Former Employee), savannah, gaNovember 19, 2014
This company only sees one thing, $. The upper management really doesn't have a clue what they are doing. As soon as you disagree with the COO or CEO, you're out the door.
Awesome co-workers, great company, new leadership
RTC (Current Employee), Turning Point Youth Center, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: great leadership
New CEO is taking the facility to a new level. He has already made quite a few changes and it's all for the better. Flexible work schedule, as much overtime as you would like. You can move up easily.
This company only cares about $$$. Not patients or employees.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Lexington SCNovember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
UHS repeatedly encouraged lying about bed availability when referrals without a payor source came in. Management often placed patients in rooms without promise of a bed. The facility in Lexington SC is old, depressing, and badly in need of updating. And why that's not happening is confusing since this place doesn't pay employees their worth or provide innovative treatment or care.
Management is only concerned about sales and seems to have NO clue about managing human services staff or a treatment facility. Staff often work with no breaks and there is no real training for fast paced positions. The culture of the company is GREED and IGNORANCE.
Upper management has no sense of direction, but are quick to over react.
Behavioral Health Tech (Current Employee), Valley Hospital Phoenix ArizonaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free meals, tons of overtime, most of the employees are good to work with.
Cons: under staffed, overworked, overreacting management
Just not a great place to work. As an employee your license is constantly at risk. No sense of direction from upper management. Very uncomfortable work environment. Instead of being proactive they have a reactive approach. Worst DON ever. Too many employees with sugar in their tank, including management.
Terrible management, treat staff very badly
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Palmdale,caSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: terrible management.
I worked for Case Management. Terrible director. I've been a case manager for 15 years and this was the worst treatment I have ever experienced. He has no empathy for his staff. Don't work for this company. Especially case management department.
Horrible. company to work For..
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), maconSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: no advancememts administration will not help mht are treated like they are trash.
This company neglects and beat the children. Clients sleeping with other clients and administration. Hides it from the parents clients are not taking care of staff beating clients. Calling them out of thier names the director of nursing is horrible. staff molesting the clients no teachers Clients are just held there being medicated and neglect and abused. When state comes in they hide everything.
Poor Upper Mgt...EXTREMELY Bias
Clerical (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: pays higher wages than most in the phoenx area
Cons: too many to list...see below
If you are not liked by the upper management, then you might as well quit. It will be just a matter of time before they will push you out the door. Unethical practices, unfair treatment (both patient & employees), unprofessional management, under staffed & over worked healthcare providers, make it up as we go along environment, and the list goes on and on. The turn over here is off the charts. Even sadder....the hospital I worked at (Valley Hospital Phoenix, AZ) is owned by a HUGE Corporation that is clueless to the aforementioned practices.
Enjoyed patient interactions and learning about various conditions. Profit-driven focus and poor resources for providing proper recreation programs
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great place to gain exposure to various health conditions
Cons: too focused on money and facility was poorly maintained
Devoted over four years to help develop an adequate recreation therapy program. I had to beg for adequate funding and management was oblivious to the requiements of providing quality recreation programs. Profit- driven mentality resulted in poor quality programs and a low morale. Building was poorly ventilated and patients were provided excessive smoke breaks causing smoke to filter into building space causing me to have headaches and other health conditions. I reported mold and ventilation concerns, but little was done to provide a healthy environment. I would not recommend working for a company that devotes all focus on profits. People's lives are more valuable and CEO's are blinded by $$$.
Like being in an abusive relationship!
LPN (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: salary is good.
Cons: extremely stressful environment & almost-impossible workload.
Supervisors have been there a while & have little high-school 'cliques'. They give more shifts to their 'friends'. Opportunities are not available to those equally or more qualified. Overwhelming workload & short-staffed most of the time, making a dangerous situation even worse. Staff get injured on a regular basis. Hard work is NOT rewarded! Minor human mistakes are blown out of proportion, & these people are vindictive. They will ruin your reputation in the blink of an eye! Run!

1 2 3 4