Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hospital Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2017
Great support, good leadership, and competitive salary. Flexible hours, collaborative team. Customer Service focused, great knowledge, and investment in employees development
Poor Management
Biomedical Engineering Technician Level I (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2017
I was ignored when I placed complaints about my supervisor. The supervisor had created a hostile work environment and I had been complaining for over a year to my manager. When I went above him and contacted HR, my complaints were ignored and I was fired shortly.
Pros
starting job for bmet
Cons
poor management, hostile work environment
Poor management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2017
Poor management. Overwork employees and would not hire enough help. Had no set time for calls to come in. Had no weekends off. Employees are poorly trained.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Life at uhs
Business Administrator/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
I started off as a temp working through a temp agency. Everything was going great until it was time for promotions and raises. This is a job that will leave you stuck in one spot and you can't move up here.
Great job with a friendly environment
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IowaNovember 7, 2017
I enjoy working for UHS. You really put in the work, but the teamwork is wonderful! My supervisor is always there to help and answer questions. The atmosphere is great too, especially if you love being around people.
Pros
Great environment, great pay
Cons
Not enough hours (I am part time)
Laser energy for surgical procedures
Specialty Surgical Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
Operating room sales.
Laser Certified technician.
Poor product inventory affecting the ability to sell.
Work life balance.
No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Poor product inventory affecting sales
Promises Promises
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 4, 2017
Company has not turned around. Massive debt on junk bonds, worthless options. Millionaire leadership who does not care about the working man or woman.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Culture, Leadership, Vision
stingy pay increases. district manager is only concerned with the numbers
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
No matter even if you rate as the perfect employee. You'll never receive more than a 2% raise. Thus there is a ton of turnover. At least 9 delivery drivers in 2 years and they only staff 4 of them.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
terrible raises.
Fst ii
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 1, 2017
Not enough continuity throughout the company on the CE side of the business. Inconsistency and liability leaving technicians vulnerable to work complications.
Overall, good place to work.
Biomed (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2017
Good place to work with good resources for career patching and advancement. Frequent cross-training classes held in various medical equipment modalities.
Nice place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
It is a Good place to work, a very well work /life balanced organisation, and very good focused management, and group of good employs,.........................................................
good place to work
Hospital Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 1, 2017
it was a good place to work, the crew was nice. I do believe that the company catered a little too much to the hospital staff, who abused our services. Other than that no problems
Great Company, Horrible management
Hospital Service Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Well tenured hard working employees are treated the worst of anyone. You would be lucky to get a raise of 25 cents (Annually) and forget about getting any kind of promotion.
Great workplace.
Biomed Technician for Moffitt Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  moffitt cancer center tampa floridaSeptember 24, 2017
Universal Hospital Services was a very great place to work. great and friendly staff. Work was never stressful very easy and didn't take long at all to get a hold of things. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Poor Leadership
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
The local branch does not support independent thought or value individual differences. This branch only values bottom line budget even if it means compromising the needs of employees or customers.
Fast pace and lots of walking but good job
HST (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2017
This is contract work but being full-time with UHS does come with benefits. Management team is great but strict due to the hospital environment. The hardest part of the job is keeping equipment orders straight and planning the best way to make the time goals. Lots of walking. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we are helping people by getting the medical equipment they need.

Management team does a decent job recognizing those who go above and beyond. The team members are great to work with for the most part; some of the loafers who hide when work needs to be done slip through the cracks...advise to leadership is fire those people and replace with team players so that work is more balanced.
Challenging but fun
HST (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2017
In the HST position we supply medical equipment to nurses. The orders can be intense at times but this is limited to when nurses are changing shifts. It's either really busy or slow and most shifts see both sides so time management and priotization is important during the busy times.

The new management team has weeded out most of the lazy people so having a balanced team where everyone is contributing is much better. Scheduling is hit or miss due to several senior employees working the the best shift but management does approve all time off request and lets us swap shifts. The hospital is open 24/7 so be prepared to work weekends and holidays from time to time.

We get free lunches and gift cards from management when we hit work goals. Overall the management team is fair and try's to make the work as fun as possible under the conditions.
Pros
Free lunches and gift cards
Cons
Weekends and holidays requires
ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 6, 2017
ok it was not professional and the management was not up to par. They would slack and not get any work done. No job security and a lot of favoritism. not ok
Great opportunity for someone looking to get into the Surgical setting
Laser Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great opportunity for someone looking to get into the Surgical setting. UHS provides on the job training on all surgical equipment provided and allows you to advance at your own pace.
there is better
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 24, 2017
The job was at first a new experience i learned new things and now i have reached the top level i can go, its time for something better, and new with more upward mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Hospital Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8