Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great place to learn, lacks resources
Biomedical Technician I (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 10, 2015
My typical day starts with checking my email and reviewing our high priority equipment report. From there I prioritize what needs to be repaired or tested for the fleet equipment. Finally I repair and test the equipment. Recently I have been doing a lot of field work which has me repairing and testing at customer accounts.

UHS rents a wide range of equipment so my work environment has allowed me to learn to repair and test various equipment types.

Management at the local office level does well with the little resources they have. Management at the corporate level has had issues with communication to their employees and local managers.

My co-workers in the biomed department are second to none. We always work together and train each other so that the job gets done correctly.

The hardest part of my job is trying to balance managing and training with my daily technician duties. The biomed manager resigned last summer and since then I have taken on most management duties for the department. I have received very little help from my management and I have not been compensated for my new responsibilities.

The most enjoyable aspect of this job is getting to learn on so many types of equipment. It has allowed me to grow as a technician and hone in on my skills.
Very time consuming and tedius job.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Not couped up in a building all day
Cons: On call
A typical day of work is driving from hospital to hospital, long and short distances. Also cleaning and testing equipment to get it patient ready for the next customer. I have learned quite a lot about the medical field. I have learned different types of equipment, what its purpose is and how it functions. The management of the company just really depends on the person in charge and how you work. If you are an excellent worker, as in with any job, you will have no issues and vice versa. I really don't have to deal with many coworkers, but as a whole, as long as everyone plays their role, things run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is the on call task. You never really have a chance to plan you personal life. Even when you are not on call due to if the on call person has an out of town run, you have to step in and take over in the city. The most enjoyable part are the long runs. Especially in the spring and summer when the sun is at its peak and you get to witness the beauty of the country sides the Earth has to offer.
UHS Good Medical Company
Account Executive/ Clinical Care Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland,OH and Pittsburgh, PA territoryMarch 24, 2015
Each day has its unique challenges. Company offers a broad product line including both from rental and sales. Does not cover the home care marketplace.
A great place to work
Asset 360 Team Member (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 401k, medical, dental, team mates
Cons: skeleton staffing model
UHS is a great place to work. Very close knit team/family oriented environment. They support initiative and independent thinking while still holding all accountable for positive customer outcomes. The people in the organization are great. There are opportunities to move around the country while advancing, or expanding experience and knowledge base. The hardest part about working for the company is their skeleton staffing work model. That just means opportunities to step up and fill the void, while showing the management what you are made of. Great Company!
Flexible Schedule
Hospital Services Technician (Current Employee), Neenah, WIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no bonuses, no pto, no holiday pay unless you work, not enough hours for part time
I have heard a lot of things that have been going on within this work environment. Some of the things I have heard in particular is other employees talking about other employees behind their backs. I believe their is a lot of work criticism that goes on although I never hear any of it except when I ask about it from another co-worker. I enjoy working with some of the people I work with but am getting tired of the job because my hours only average about 11 hours a month. I recently found out that I don't qualify for any of the pay raises because of how I was hired on so that was quite a shock. I also don't get any PTO or holiday pay as a part timer. The only time I get paid for a holiday is if I work it.
stepping stone to learn
employee (Former Employee), california,ca.February 24, 2015
Pros: before overtime all you can, but now if you do overtime you have to make some reports everyday
Cons: low salary
best place to start your career and to start learning different things.
best place to start your career and to start learning different things.
Good place to work, no advancement
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good management
Cons: lack of advancement/no real lunch break
If you're content with staring in one position then this job is great. For someone who is trying to grow and develop the job gets old fast. Love my boss, one of the reasons why I've stuck around for so long.
Great co-workers, but over worked
Hospital Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Most of the time we are short staffed. Manager doesn't seem to understand the workload that we take. Job description was different from what the task is at hand.
Great part time job
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Cleveand Ohio and surrounding areaFebruary 19, 2015
I have been working at UHS for two years on a part time basis. I can tell you I love the job and would like it to be full time. However that opportunity is not available. The company is a great place to work management is easy to get along with.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: no benefits
Great positive place to work. Great starting out how to sale, and make sales. If you make your quote, your out. 60 Memberships a month for full time and 30 Memberships for part time.
Great company
Professional Hospital Operations Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: everything i learned and experianced
Cons: i didn't get the support i needed to retain staff, less head count and full time positions would have been more appealing resulting in less turn over.
UHS provides a great service and is easy to promote due to the quality and training they provide.
Everyday you hit the ground running and each day offers something new or challenging. In a management role you are responsible for all aspects of the department, all hours, all shifts.
Several of the positions were part time under 20 hours a week and I found the turn over was very time consuming. Schedule adjustments were consistent, overall everyone worked very well together to meet the needs required. Often times, I worked 14 to 15 hours a day on Salary.
Overall, I enjoyed my job and the experiences.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TECH-1 (Current Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 30, 2014
Helping people,completing tasks on hand, a typical day of work
Fun and productive workplace.
Hospital Technician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discount lunches.
Cons: late night shifts.
A typical day at work will be showing up and walking the floors to count how many pumps and other equipment I will need to clean and bring up. I learned how to enter data into the computer, and how to clean pumps.Management was awesome. Really helpful and is there when you need them. Co-workers were nice and helpful. Hardest part is getting called by several people at once for equipment and having to decide who to go to first. The most enjoyable part is all the people I got to meet and make friends with.
Great Pay but Poor Support from Management
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay is good, company cell phone
Cons: long hours, no balance between family and work, no support from upper management
Awesome co-workers at the district level but complete lack of support from upper-management. They try to keep as little staff as possible which creates burnout. They will continue to push you with impossible demands when you don't have the staff to complete what is asked of you.
Great Place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: if you push hard enough you can get it done.
Cons: corporate grid-lock
Busy, high through put. As a manager, you have to be good at Supply chain, project management, and Budget management. If you feel comfortable dealing with customer (internal and external) and solving difficult problems, then this is the place for you.
Very busy fast past friendly environment
Dispatcher/Hospital Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
dispatcher memorial Herman Hospital. answer incoming calls, follow up on daily reports, process orders
Good for partime work
Hospital Service Tech 1 (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 1, 2014
UHS is a part time job for me it's can be a difficult place to work at times everyone wants to be a boss. Part employee's don't get raises at all,so don't expect pay increase.
It okay
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: no growth
Not much room for growth but decent pay and no supervision for the most part.
Fast Paced Environment with learning curve
Technician / Equipment Materials Management (Former Employee), Earth City, MOAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: management, team work
A typical day has me coming in around 2245 til 0730. Clocking in dressed and ready to work. Logging in patient calls from RN's in thier respected area of the hospital with fast delivery of medical equipment and/or supplies. Visiting the soiled areas and par areas throughtout the night picking up soiled equipment and dropping off clean equipment. The hardest part of the job is coming in knowing that the person before me has put me in a situation 99.9 percent of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going above and beyond for the patients and having full knowlegde of my job from start to finish to get any amount of work load done in a 8 hour window. I loved this job
Great company to work for
Lithotripsy/ESWL Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: fun and not mundane
Cons: constantly on-call
Fun job that allows you to use your skills while traveling. You will be trained on Holmium lasers, Greenlight/Xps lasers, CO2 lasers, and if you are a certified radiologic technologist, you will be an ESWL specialist.

1 2 3 4

About Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. (UHS) is a leading provider of medical equipment management and service solutions to the US – Read more

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Salaries